Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,531 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

My Response To My MD For Fixing A Meeting On Valentines Day - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Response To My MD For Fixing A Meeting On Valentines Day (1615 Views)

See The Question I Was Asked In An Interview And My Response / 350,000 Job Seekers Applied For Railway Job - NRC-MD / Scam Mail From Omas Recruitment Agency (my Response And Theirs Too) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Response To My MD For Fixing A Meeting On Valentines Day by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 12, 2015
Hi folks,

Yeah its around the corner and the age-old experience we usually have of male and females all adorned with red attires (shirts and skirts) will be a tourist attraction on that day. February 14, the date of love as a remembrance of, or according to Saint Valentines of 19something grin

So I got a mail few minutes ago that there is a meeting for 12PM at work on Saturday. I do not want to miss that day for any reason. Please see my response below and rate it:

1) Was it correct?
2) Was it over the line?
3) Am I in for trouble?

Please judge:

Hi Sir,

The idea of this meeting is a welcome development.
I have yearned for an opportunity like this to discuss some of the beautiful things we could tweak in my department to push us to more profitability.

However, my opinion is that we fix it for 5PM as I personally would like to bond a little with one of the most important women in my life on that day before coming for the meeting.

NB: Feb 14 is Valentines Day.

Regards,
Re: My Response To My MD For Fixing A Meeting On Valentines Day by Princecalm(m): 7:53pm On Feb 12, 2015
The manager knows what he is doing. He purposely fix the meeting for that day, you should have also asked him if he attended meetings on val day during his time.

1 Like

Re: My Response To My MD For Fixing A Meeting On Valentines Day by simdam500(m): 7:59pm On Feb 12, 2015
your job is not only on the line here ooo...

2. we've only see your own letter... where's the bosses own? what time did he project the meeting?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Response To My MD For Fixing A Meeting On Valentines Day by Nobody: 8:02pm On Feb 12, 2015
simdam500:
your job is not only on the line here ooo...

2. we've only see your own letter... where's the bosses own? what time did he project the meeting?

The time is in the post.
You feel the reply was uncalled for?. Really?.
Re: My Response To My MD For Fixing A Meeting On Valentines Day by Nobody: 8:09pm On Feb 12, 2015
ATOB:
Hi folks,

Yeah its around the corner and the age-old experience we usually have of male and females all adorned with red attires (shirts and skirts) will be a tourist attraction on that day. February 14, the date of love as a remembrance of, or according to Saint Valentines of 19something grin

So I got a mail few minutes ago that there is a meeting for 12PM at work on Saturday. I do not want to miss that day for any reason. Please see my response below and rate it:

1) Was it correct?
2) Was it over the line?
3) Am I in for trouble?

Please judge:

Hi Sir,

I have yearned for an opportunity like this to discuss some of the beautiful things we could tweak in my department to push us to more profitability.

However, my opinion is that we fix it for 5PM as I personally would like to bond a little with one of the most important women in my life on that day before coming for the meeting.

Regards,

Don't worry you'll soon be writting another application letter and a love letter when you lose your job

2 Likes

Re: My Response To My MD For Fixing A Meeting On Valentines Day by Nobody: 8:30pm On Feb 12, 2015
K
Re: My Response To My MD For Fixing A Meeting On Valentines Day by Nobody: 8:30pm On Feb 12, 2015
ATOB:
Hi folks,

1) Was it correct?
2) Was it over the line?
3) Am I in for trouble?

Please judge:

Hi Sir,

Regards,
K
Re: My Response To My MD For Fixing A Meeting On Valentines Day by alaba1012: 9:02pm On Feb 12, 2015
I will advise u go for the meeting.val will come nd go unless ure tired of that job u maynt attend maybe u ave seen another one bt if u ave nt quickly nd sharply prepare for the meeting.
Re: My Response To My MD For Fixing A Meeting On Valentines Day by Mustay(m): 9:17pm On Feb 12, 2015
5pm is as good as postponing the meeting! I like this scenario sha.

¬ The idea of this meeting is a welcome development: this is correct

¬ I have yearned for an opportunity like this to discuss some of the beautiful things we could tweak in my department to push us to more profitability: this is correct

¬ However, my opinion is that we fix it for 5PM (way over the line, are you Morocco?) as I personally would like to bond a little with one of the most important women in my life on that day before coming for the meeting. (Yes, you seem to be in trouble depending on what type of coy this is)

NB: Feb 14 is Valentines Day: Share some love with him undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Response To My MD For Fixing A Meeting On Valentines Day by Nobody: 10:45pm On Feb 12, 2015
Mustay:
5pm is as good as postponing the meeting! I like this scenario sha.

¬ The idea of this meeting is a welcome development: this is correct

¬ I have yearned for an opportunity like this to discuss some of the beautiful things we could tweak in my department to push us to more profitability: this is correct

¬ However, my opinion is that we fix it for 5PM (way over the line, are you Morocco?) as I personally would like to bond a little with one of the most important women in my life on that day before coming for the meeting. (Yes, you seem to be in trouble depending on what type of coy this is)

NB: Feb 14 is Valentines Day: Share some love with him undecided

You are hilarious.
Re: My Response To My MD For Fixing A Meeting On Valentines Day by simdam500(m): 11:07pm On Feb 12, 2015
ATOB:

The time is in the post.
You feel the reply was uncalled for?. Really?.

Yes... 5pm is just the perfect time.. Infact which place of work fix a meeting for such time *thinking the op is a troll*...

Anyway, what will happen if your gf, wife or something u claim to spend that day with disappoint u? undecided
Re: My Response To My MD For Fixing A Meeting On Valentines Day by Nobody: 10:34am On Feb 13, 2015
simdam500:

Yes... 5pm is just the perfect time.. Infact which place of work fix a meeting for such time *thinking the op is a troll*...

Anyway, what will happen if your gf, wife or something u claim to spend that day with disappoint u? undecided

Lets see as things unfolds
Re: My Response To My MD For Fixing A Meeting On Valentines Day by Nobody: 11:50pm On Feb 14, 2015
Hmmm... Dont let me say how events turned out.
Re: My Response To My MD For Fixing A Meeting On Valentines Day by sholay2011(m): 12:52am On Feb 15, 2015
ATOB:
Hmmm... Dont let me say how events turned out.
Finish the story you started oga.

There's love in sharing. angry

2 Likes

Re: My Response To My MD For Fixing A Meeting On Valentines Day by Nobody: 1:15am On Feb 15, 2015
ATOB:
Hi folks,

1) Was it correct?
2) Was it over the line?
3) Am I in for trouble?

Please judge:

Hi Sir,

Regards,

Lols, used to be like you before. This is a bad move, he's an MD and a lot of thought went into that decision and now you're disrespecting it for a woman that will ALWAYS be with you. #SMH, you no like your job.

The right thing to do is to attend the meeting and one on one jokingly suggest to him to avoid such going forward.
Re: My Response To My MD For Fixing A Meeting On Valentines Day by Nobody: 1:20am On Feb 15, 2015
Mustay:

¬ However, my opinion is that we fix it for 5PM (way over the line, are you Morocco?)...

Are you Morocco! RTFLMAO
AFCON 2015 Hahahahaha...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Business Writing Test / 5 Costly Mistakes To Avoid When Applying For Job Vacancies In Nigeria / Free Recharge Cards For Job Seekers And Students (Sallah Special)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.