Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,046 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Do Not Be Deceived By The Transparency International Report. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do Not Be Deceived By The Transparency International Report. (2661 Views)

Video Of Amnesty International Report On Biafra / Transparency International Responds To Cameron Comments Regarding Nigeria / President Buhari To Probe Amnesty International Report On Torture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Not Be Deceived By The Transparency International Report. by Hoba007: 9:20am On Feb 13, 2015
The most recent research by the organisation was carried out between 2007-2011. I advised all right thinking individual not to fall for tricks of politicians from both parties, from now till election day there would always be propaganda upon propaganda. Do not jump conclusion do your own research, apply wisdom, do no let other people influence your decision on who to vote for, look at what you see around, the impact the local, state and federal Govt are making in your life either negative or positive.

This is the link to report on Nigeria by TI (2007-2011).http://www.transparency.org/country#NGA_PublicOpinion

1 Like

Re: Do Not Be Deceived By The Transparency International Report. by temitemi1(m): 9:23am On Feb 13, 2015
All I see around is GEJ grin grin grin... GEJ till 2019!!!

11 Likes

Re: Do Not Be Deceived By The Transparency International Report. by Hoba007: 9:26am On Feb 13, 2015
temitemi1:
All I see around is GEJ grin grin grin... GEJ till 2019!!!

Yes you are right, he's like MTN every where i go i can see his campaign poster, a laudable achievement grin.

4 Likes

Re: Do Not Be Deceived By The Transparency International Report. by jacabi(m): 9:32am On Feb 13, 2015
Chai!
Re: Do Not Be Deceived By The Transparency International Report. by Midegee(m): 9:46am On Feb 13, 2015
who doesnt know TI is an affiliation of saTANoids...how much was the price of oil during GMB and Obasanjo's tenure? how much is it now? i refuse to be brainwashed by all these gullible propagandas
Re: Do Not Be Deceived By The Transparency International Report. by Redoil: 9:47am On Feb 13, 2015
Hoba007:
The most recent research by the organisation was carried out between 2007-2011. I advised all right thinking individual not to fall for tricks of politicians from both parties, from now till election day there would always be propaganda upon propaganda. Do not jump conclusion do your own research, apply wisdom, do no let other people influence your decision on who to vote for, look at what you see around, the impact the local, state and federal Govt are making in your life either negative or positive.

This is the link to report on Nigeria by TI (2007-2011).http://www.transparency.org/country#NGA_PublicOpinion
you have chose to look at where tinubu want you to see. I pity you and those who hired you.

9 Likes

Re: Do Not Be Deceived By The Transparency International Report. by Midegee(m): 9:53am On Feb 13, 2015
Redoil:
you have chose to look at where tinubu want you to see. I pity you and those who hired you.
I pity you more for believing this poo

1 Like

Re: Do Not Be Deceived By The Transparency International Report. by Nobody: 9:57am On Feb 13, 2015
We should also discard the PWC forensic audit as well, Abi?

Janjawiids and their cheap propaganda.

4 Likes

Re: Do Not Be Deceived By The Transparency International Report. by Redoil: 9:57am On Feb 13, 2015
Midegee:
I pity you more for believing this poo
in essence will should only believ lies about gej and what the APC want us to believe.
Re: Do Not Be Deceived By The Transparency International Report. by Rilwayne001: 10:00am On Feb 13, 2015
temitemi1:
All I see around is GEJ cry cry cry ... GEJ till 2015!!

fixed undecided
Re: Do Not Be Deceived By The Transparency International Report. by Nobody: 10:04am On Feb 13, 2015
Rilwayne001:

fixed undecided
ma boi how market? Am now a political analyst, ve left religion section for now so dat I can build ma political career. How ya dhe now, its bin long bro!
Re: Do Not Be Deceived By The Transparency International Report. by theoctopus: 10:08am On Feb 13, 2015
See it better

1 Like

Re: Do Not Be Deceived By The Transparency International Report. by Hoba007: 10:28am On Feb 13, 2015
theoctopus:
See it better

Bro! There is no point arguing about this issue, we both live in civilise world, to be able to convince or pass your message better, just give us the link of this statement from transparency international website.
Re: Do Not Be Deceived By The Transparency International Report. by theoctopus: 10:53am On Feb 13, 2015
Hoba007:

Bro! There is no point arguing about this issue, we both live in civilise world, to be able to convince or pass your message better, just give us the link of this statement from transparency international website.

Please read the report if you havent. The corruption index of all countries is published yearly. It is not TI that will come publish an article or tell you in a statement that OBJ tenure was more corrupt. It is their report that clearly shows you that. The yearly figures are there for all to see. If the report says OBJ tenure averaged 15 and GEJ 27, that already tells you GEJ is better. There is nothing wrong if someone plots a graph from that. Please stop running around in circles. grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Do Not Be Deceived By The Transparency International Report. by Hoba007: 11:05am On Feb 13, 2015
theoctopus:

Please read the report if you havent. The corruption index of all countries is published yearly. It is not TI that will come publish an article or tell you in a statement that OBJ tenure was more corrupt. It is their report that clearly shows you that. The yearly figures are there for all to see. If the report says OBJ tenure averaged 15 and GEJ 27, that already tells you GEJ is better. There is nothing wrong if someone plots a graph from that. Please stop running around in circles. grin grin grin

Bros! but you quoted TI, its not TI anymore now abi!? and you said am running in circle.
Re: Do Not Be Deceived By The Transparency International Report. by BodyKiss(m): 11:28am On Feb 13, 2015
It's really surprising how that post gets to front page without proper verification. I went to TI website and couldn't find any report below 1995.

This thread should me moved to front page to set the record straight. That other post was doctored.
Re: Do Not Be Deceived By The Transparency International Report. by BodyKiss(m): 11:32am On Feb 13, 2015
Redoil:

Please kindly show us where the report is on TI website.
Re: Do Not Be Deceived By The Transparency International Report. by BodyKiss(m): 11:34am On Feb 13, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:
We should also discard the PWC forensic audit as well, Abi?

Janjawiids and their cheap propaganda.

Nobody is asking you to discard anything, if you think that report in the other post is not fake, kindly show me same report on TI website.
Re: Do Not Be Deceived By The Transparency International Report. by theoctopus: 11:35am On Feb 13, 2015
Hoba007:

Bros! but you quoted TI, its not TI anymore now abi!? and you said am running in circle.

Of course its TI. The report is from TI. The data is from TI. The figures are from TI. The article that you read in a blog or newspaper site does not have to come from TI. Why are you talking like someone without a certificate?

If Punch or Vanguard publishes an article about what the presidency said, its from the presidency but the article you are reading is from Punch. I dont even know why I am wasting time educating a dunce like you. grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Do Not Be Deceived By The Transparency International Report. by Nobody: 11:36am On Feb 13, 2015
BodyKiss:

Nobody is asking you to discard anything, if you think that report in the other post is not fake, kindly show me same report on TI website.

You are wasting your time attacking Jonathan. Little do you know that the likes of Tinubu have been distracting you with lies against the central government in order to bleed your state and local goverment dry.

Use your brain for once.

2 Likes

Re: Do Not Be Deceived By The Transparency International Report. by kaboninc(m): 11:44am On Feb 13, 2015
It is one thing to perceive and another thing to be real. What you perceive could be very different from what is real. But it is very dangerous to duel in perception than accept reality. Most of us are swimming in the ocean of perception. We are even drowning but we tell ourselves IT IS NOT TRUE.

I should reproduce what I had posted on another thread.

In case you folks out there need to know, Transparency International actually measure the Perception of corruption - Corruption Perception Index. And its a random sampling of individual opinions from different segments of the society.

So if in GEJ's time there is an actual increase, who and who then were sampled? Of course it is not the opposition nor the touts on the streets of Lagos, nor the ghost workers and middleman in the fertiliser scam, nor the saboteurs of gas and crude oil pipeline, nor the vandals of electricity distribution networks, nor the organised kidnappers and criminal gangs, nor the proxy thieves in APC controlled states, nor the subsidy thieves either nor the pension thieves nor the oversight lawmakers.

But the ordinary Nigerian on the streets of Lagos, the farmers in rural areas, the SMEs who can easily access soft loans for their business, the enterprising Nigerian youth, the Nigerian local investor who want to tap into the opportunities in the local economy and produce products that are currently being imported. These are those who feel the effect of corruption!

For those who are still living in PERCEPTION, here is a link:

Nigeria has recorded its best ranking on Transparency International’s corruption perception index (CPI) under President Goodluck Jonathan.

In the latest report by TI, Nigeria is ranked the 39th most corrupt country in the world out of the 175 surveyed. Nigeria was ranked 144th in 2013, 139th in 2012 and 143rd in 2011 ─ with the 2014 position bettering that of 2013 by eight places.

According to Transparency International’s report on corruption perception index for 2014, Denmark is the least corrupt country in the world as it ranked 1 of 175 nations surveyed, with Somalia and North Korea as the most corrupt nations of the world.

More than two thirds of the 175 countries in the 2014 Corruption Perceptions Index score below 50, on a scale from 0 (perceived to be highly corrupt) to 100 (perceived to be very clean).

Denmark comes out on top in 2014 with a score of 92, while Nigeria scored 27, with North Korea and Somalia share last place, scoring just eight.

Nigeria rose by 2 points from the 2013 index, where it had 25 points and 27 in 2012, highlighting Nigeria’s fluctuating commitment to the eradication of corruption.

Botswana maintained its spot as the least corrupt country in Africa and the 31st least corrupt country in the world, with 63 points, dropping from 64 in 2013 and 65 in 2012.

Despite corruption allegations against South African President, Jacob Zuma, the southern African nation was ranked the 67th least corrupt nation in the world, as against Africa’s biggest economy, Nigeria, which ranked the 136th least corrupt nation of the World.

Cobus de Swardt, Transparency International managing director, condemned the shoddy acts of governments and business owners around the world, clamouring transparency.

“None of us would fly on planes that do not register passengers, yet we allow secret companies to conceal illegal activity,” Swardt said.

“Public registers that show who really owns a company would make it harder for the corrupt to take off with the spoils of their abuse of power.”

Describing corruption, the non-governmental organisation said, poorly equipped schools, counterfeit medicine and elections decided by money are just some of the consequences of public sector corruption. Bribes and backroom deals don’t just steal resources from the most vulnerable – they undermine justice and economic development, and destroy public trust in government and leaders.

The corruption perceptions index measures the perceived levels of public sector corruption worldwide.

Read more at: http://www.thecable.ng/nigeria-improves-ti-corruption-index | TheCable

1 Like

Re: Do Not Be Deceived By The Transparency International Report. by orinocopulse: 11:51am On Feb 13, 2015
Transparency International (TI) was FOUNDED IN 1993!!!!!

I am quite familiar with the commencement if the organisation and I was shocked to see data from 1979 being displayed!

SEUN this has to stop. You are killing your brand! Everyday, a false, unverified news item gets to the front page. Stop it guys!!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transparency_International

2 Likes

Re: Do Not Be Deceived By The Transparency International Report. by BodyKiss(m): 11:54am On Feb 13, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

You are wasting your time attacking Jonathan. Little do you know that the likes of Tinubu have been distracting you with lies against the central government in order to bleed your state and local goverment dry.

Use your brain for once.

How is this related to my post you quoted? Show me the damn same report on TI website.

You're the one who needs use his brain.
Re: Do Not Be Deceived By The Transparency International Report. by Nobody: 11:58am On Feb 13, 2015
BodyKiss:

How is this related to my post you quoted? Show me the damn same report on TI website.

You're the one who needs use his brain.

The transparency index is not limited to the federal level alone.

Your states are far more corrupt.

Go and address your backyard first before you come to the public square.

Fool.
Re: Do Not Be Deceived By The Transparency International Report. by theoctopus: 12:00pm On Feb 13, 2015
orinocopulse:

I am quite familiar with the commencement if the organisation and I was shocked to see data from 1979 being displayed!

SEUN this has to stop. You are killing your brand! Everyday, a false, unverified news item gets to the front page. Stop it guys!!

Sorry to burst your bubble! TI never said they only have data from the year they were formed. Where did you get that from? World statistics exits on so many subjects from centuries back. Nigerian records exist from even 100 years ago. Look for another thing to cry about.
Re: Do Not Be Deceived By The Transparency International Report. by BodyKiss(m): 12:00pm On Feb 13, 2015
orinocopulse:

seun doesn't know the damage he's causing to this site. If he continues like this, the damage is only a matter of time.
Re: Do Not Be Deceived By The Transparency International Report. by Hoba007: 12:01pm On Feb 13, 2015
theoctopus:

Of course its TI. The report is from TI. The data is from TI. The figures are from TI. The article that you read in a blog or newspaper site does not have to come from TI. Why are you talking like someone without a certificate?

If Punch or Vanguard publishes an article about what the presidency said, its from the presidency but the article you are reading is from Punch. I dont even know why I am wasting time educating a dunce like you. grin grin grin

Bros! have not insulted you while responding to your comments, don't know while am getting insults, all asked for is the link to TI report, if that is not possible give us to the link of The punch Newspaper article.
Re: Do Not Be Deceived By The Transparency International Report. by BodyKiss(m): 12:04pm On Feb 13, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

The transparency index is not limited to the federal level alone.

Your states are far more corrupt.

Go and address your backyard first before you come to the public square.

Fool.

hahaha, your brain seems to be on free spin. Show me the damn TI link for same report you were beating your chest for or seize to exist.
Re: Do Not Be Deceived By The Transparency International Report. by theoctopus: 12:06pm On Feb 13, 2015
Hoba007:

Bros! have not insulted you while responding to your comments, don't know while am getting insults, all asked for is the link to TI report, if that is not possible give us to the link of The punch Newspaper article.

Yesterday punch from page 20

1 Like

Re: Do Not Be Deceived By The Transparency International Report. by theoctopus: 12:07pm On Feb 13, 2015
BodyKiss:

seun doesn't know what damage he's causing to this site. If he continues like this, the damage is only a matter of time.

So Punch is also damaging its reputation? Sorry if this has really burst your bubble... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Do Not Be Deceived By The Transparency International Report. by Seun(m): 12:08pm On Feb 13, 2015
Lalasticlala, your attention is needed here.
Re: Do Not Be Deceived By The Transparency International Report. by Hoba007: 12:09pm On Feb 13, 2015
[quote author=kaboninc post=30690878]It is one thing to perceive and another thing to be real. What you perceive could be very different from what is real. But it is very dangerous to duel in perception than accept reality. Most of us are swimming in the ocean of perception. We are even drowning but we tell ourselves IT IS NOT TRUE.

I should reproduce what I had posted on another thread.

For those who are still living in PERCEPTION, here is a link:

[/quote

In the latest report by TI, Nigeria is ranked the 39th most corrupt country in the world out of the 175 surveyed. Nigeria was ranked 144th in 2013, 139th in 2012 and 143rd in 2011 ─ with the 2014 position bettering that of 2013 by eight places.

From TI website Nigeria is ranked 136th corrupt nation out of 175 countries and 1st being the best in term minimal level of corruption.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Image Of The Enugu Explosion..... / Portharcourt Jammed On Wike Thanksgiving Service / Biography Of Sir Onowu Emeka Anyasodike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.