Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Internet Dating Scam - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Internet Dating Scam (1345 Views)

Million-dollar Dating Scam . Oyibo (not Naija) Mum And Daughter Jailed / Million-dollar Dating Scam Mum And Daughter Jailed (we Don Teach Oyibo) / US Mother & Daughter Accused Of Nigerian Internet Dating Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Internet Dating Scam by Ifygurl: 10:39am On Jan 04, 2009
Just like any other 419 scam, i used to believe that Nigeria does it the most but according to this article

"Internet Dating Scams are on the rise throughout West Africa, with Ghana gaining unfortunate notoriety as one of source countries for this crime"

http://www.ghana-pedia.org/org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29&Itemid=47

Why is it that Nigeria is blamed the most if the scam is most done in Ghana?

Anyway, what it’s new. A friend of mine was duped out of $900. I told her the shit was a scam but she did not believe me, after that happened, she started yelling and saying that a Nigerian swindled her. I'm not going to lie, I actually thought the guy really was a Nigerian; his story was talking about Lagos. Anyway, she told the cops about the scam and when they traced the e-mail; they found out that the guy wasn’t even in Africa but in Michigan. According to my friend, the guy wasn’t a Nigerian as he claimed the guy came from Togo.

Anyway, that's just the thing. I know fraud is high in Nigeria but why are we blamed for what other Africans do sometimes.
I'm not going to lie, I'm a Nigerian and I still believed the guy that scammed my friend was a Nigerian. If it was not for the cops, I doubt I would ever thought the guy was from Togo.
Re: Internet Dating Scam by adaxxy: 4:18pm On Jan 16, 2015
@ifygurl Chow na wa ooo up Nigeria,nigeria never come last,for prostitution nigeria na number 1,for kidnapping Nigeria no dey take last,scamming nko my grandmother go die if nigeria carry 2nd money laundry, smuggling, drug trafficking even human trafficking my dear I no dey blame the gal because nigeria no dey take last grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Sad Story Of 23-yr-oldvirgin Defiled By Brother’s Friend / Punishments Of Rapist In Different Countries Around The World / Man Breaks Down In Tears After Discovering 9-month-old Son Isn’t His Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.