Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

I Feel Nothing For God And His Ways. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Feel Nothing For God And His Ways. (758 Views)

It's Only God And Apostle Suleman's Wife That Can Condemn Him / How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? / If You Meet God And He Allowed You To Ask Him One Question, What Would It Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Feel Nothing For God And His Ways. by kasbeats(m): 9:40am On Feb 13, 2015
Recently, I was at a celestial church in Ogun State, where I went for spiritual counselling on a tuesday;I was astonished at the revelations I heard, cos the woman that I met with told me stuffs about me that I myself had to rack my brain to remember. She sed stuff about all of my family and the goings on. Then she got really aggressive and she gave me 2 hot slaps, saying '' why are you at war with God'' (she actually spoke in yoruba). Then she told me that I had been involving in some businesses , most of which were supposed to earn me some really cool cash, but weren't. She sed, if I don't , at least get serious with God, that nothing that had my hands or brain in it can ever be laudably successful. She also made me know that my destiny was really bright and all dat stuff. On my way home, I started thinking .... Me, get serious with God?, when all I evr wanna do Is just give him(it?) the respect he deserves for creating me and just leaving him in his lane, make I dey my own. My problem is, I don't feel a THING, no shikini affection like dis , for God. And I know that if I start going to church naw, I would probably deceive enough people into thinking I have really converted, but God knows I just wanna do dat stuff to get the blessings I need, not cos he is God and he needs me to worship him ( as dey always say). My question is, does dat feeling of interest in God and his ways really develop overtime ,( cos right naw, I don't care how he does his thing, or how his ways are, ) ?? Would I eventually start feeling him,?? And yes, if I wanna get serious with God naw, does dat mean I won't be able to compose and sing love songs (doing dat stuff gimme more joy than any other thing else) So I won't be able to sing Jason Derulo or Sia or all dose oda 'worldly' artists I love again?? Dose stuffs are ma whole life , and I can't just think of life without those kinda music....I know a lil gospel, buh I won't lie, dat genre of music is monotonous to me, singing about the same thing everytime., stuff Is boring die, ion think I can do it.....

But on the other hand, 3 prophets have confirmed it that I have to do dis stuffs before I become something tangible in life, shit's scary peeps...... ion need opinions tho, I jes need somewhere to pour out shii, and my beloved twitter won't lemme write past 140 , pen and paper writn is kinda dull too dis days,I prefer this keypad by far. Make I sleep abeg,my head wan bust,.....I really hope dz 3 peeps are wrong,cos, worshipping God is gonna be kinda boring,wallahi.....but, God dey sha,
Re: I Feel Nothing For God And His Ways. by Tallesty1(m): 9:46am On Feb 13, 2015
You have made up your mind so why are you asking us? Or don't you trust your own judgement?
Re: I Feel Nothing For God And His Ways. by An2elect2(f): 10:18am On Feb 13, 2015
God changes people himself. I know this because i also loved all these worldly musicz, shows et al. Was addicted to them. Changing was impossible for me so i thought.

I disliked God, didn't want to have anything to do with Him but i was not vocal about it. It was "politically incorrect" to voice this out to people around me. It was easy to sing "Jesus i love you" once in a while but ma heart was far from Him and i didn't care.

But God changed me! and when that happened dang!!! i hated all that i loved before! This will not seem plausible to you when you are still wallowing in sin because sin births unbelief. Ezekiel 36:26 God gave me a new heart and he put a new spirit in me. He took away my stony heart and gave me a heart of flesh.

When you seek God with all your heart, you will find him!
Re: I Feel Nothing For God And His Ways. by undercat: 10:54am On Feb 13, 2015
The prophet must tell you to get closer to God. There is no prophet that will tell you to neglect your relationship with God. So even if you talk to another 27 prophets, they will all tell you the same thing.

Remember that saying: never ask a barber if you need a haircut.
Re: I Feel Nothing For God And His Ways. by Jameselias: 11:06am On Feb 13, 2015
Tallesty1:
You have made up your mind so why are you asking us? Or don't you trust your own judgement?
abioooh!
Re: I Feel Nothing For God And His Ways. by plaetton: 4:48pm On Feb 13, 2015
Blackmail.
This is where it all starts.
They want to enslave your mind, rope you in.

Since you are already a thinker, ask yourself, with all the churches and god worshippers in Nigeria, why is Nigeria still a stink basket case?
Why are secular nations more prosperous, more peaceful and have better standards of living than god-infested nations?

Desist from going to Al these so called prophets.
It is like submitting your sane mind to be examined by an insane person pretending to be a psychological counselor. Stop it.

You are the master of your destiny, for good or for bad.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 09/05/15 / What Would You Consider As Your Greatest Achievement On Earth? / Pagan Symbolisms In Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.