Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,726 members, 7,820,514 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Lessons Learnt From The 2015 African Cup Of Nations - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lessons Learnt From The 2015 African Cup Of Nations (387 Views)

AFCON Final: Cameroon Beat Egypt 2-1 To Win African Cup Of Nation / André Ayew Performing Ritual Before African Cup Of Nations Match (Video) / Aubameyang Grabs First Goal At Cup Of Nations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lessons Learnt From The 2015 African Cup Of Nations by olaballo: 10:19am On Feb 13, 2015
Following the just concluded African Cup of Nations in Equitorial Guinea where the best 16 National teams in the continent of Africa competed for a single honour in 3weeks. I’m pleased to present to you some of the lessons I learnt personally from the tournament as a way of reflection for me and meditation for you that’s if you care anyway. I’ve always been of the opinion that the game of football is beyond the round leather game, there are always life lessons to be learnt for those who care to watch it not just for the pleasure it brings alone.
Lack of time is not a reason for not achieving success when you have the willpower- Equitorial Guinea prepared to host the tourney in a matter of days.
Often times, we give up in life not knowing how close we were to the finish line (success) –Didier Drogba can tell you better how he feels now.
Sometimes success doesn’t come from the expected - The Algeriens were the most favourite to win.
Not until you cross the finish line, don’t start sharing premature testimonies - Ask the Ghanaians about the final.
Winners ain’t quitters – The Ivoriens have been knocking since 2006 but the door didn’t open until 2015.
Keep your character intact even when you are down or hardest hit - Checkout Herve Renard (Ivorien coach) during the penalty shootout.
Even when you are not the pronounced leader, still lead from the middle - Did you see Andre Ayew of Ghana?
If you don’t have the gut, don’t pretend you do - I hope you saw Gervinho during the penalty shootout?
Lessons abound in life for those who really want to learn. To learn the lessons, you must correctly answer the questions of Why? How? When? What?
SHALOM!!!
Re: Lessons Learnt From The 2015 African Cup Of Nations by veekid(m): 10:25am On Feb 13, 2015
were u not thought paragraphing in school?
Re: Lessons Learnt From The 2015 African Cup Of Nations by richieray: 10:26am On Feb 13, 2015
nice1.
Re: Lessons Learnt From The 2015 African Cup Of Nations by ArchEnemy(m): 10:35am On Feb 13, 2015
Another lesson
Always pay attention to warning signs and take appropriate action.
Thats for Nigeria. That failed to make the Afcon finals.

(1) (Reply)

Get A Football Career In Europe..... / Photo: Nwankwo Kanu Ranked 13 Out Of 50 Greatest Arsenal Players+see Full List / How Gamblers Are Making Money Through "Ghost Matches"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.