Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,766 members, 7,831,458 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Nigerian Soldier: "We Are Using Old Tanks Since 1976 To Fight Boko Haram" - BBC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Soldier: "We Are Using Old Tanks Since 1976 To Fight Boko Haram" - BBC (22492 Views)

Obasanjo Swearing In Buhari As Petroleum Minister In 1976 (Throwback Photo) / Corpse Of Murtala Muhammed In 1976 (pix) / Nigerian Soldier: "We are Using Old Tanks since 1976 to fight Boko Haram" - BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Soldier: "We Are Using Old Tanks Since 1976 To Fight Boko Haram" - BBC by ooshinibos: 2:44pm On Feb 13, 2015
my GEJ please face this Boko Haram with all the power u have , ..it cannot be that difficult to figt 3000 boko harams with all the oio money to buy weapons and mercenaries ...the armies u sent to ekiti during election will be enough to quell the BH in borno ..please sir GEJ u have the money and the men ..if u dont have the army .. get some mercenaries ..
please can the GEJ fanatics forward this advise to him asap
Re: Nigerian Soldier: "We Are Using Old Tanks Since 1976 To Fight Boko Haram" - BBC by omenka(m): 2:46pm On Feb 13, 2015
What a shame!! What a shame.
Re: Nigerian Soldier: "We Are Using Old Tanks Since 1976 To Fight Boko Haram" - BBC by mandax: 2:49pm On Feb 13, 2015
Same old story by political soldiers.

Truth is that:

1, without sabotage, only a battalion of Nigerian soldiers armed with crude guns alone could have defeated Boko Haram.

2, some sets of Nigerians sabotage Nigeria army fight against Boko Haram.

3,the saboteurs do so because they share the same religious objective with Boko Haram for a country governed with sharia criminal codes.

4, these soldiers writing petition and granting interview to the media flout military regulations.

5, these soldiers petitioning foreign interests are doing so for the interest of APC and power shift, just like the interest of many Boko Haram fighters.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldier: "We Are Using Old Tanks Since 1976 To Fight Boko Haram" - BBC by Lerumo: 2:49pm On Feb 13, 2015
darlingtonNYIG:
Now who takes the blame, GEJ or other leaders that refused to modernise the army with new equipment? What did Obasanjo, Buhari, IBB and abacha do when they where in power, rather the en massed wealth from our collective pocket. GEJ is paying the price for failed leadership of the past

Let's agree that past leaders have failed us which is true. But can you help explain what this govt. have been doing with the defense budget, even before this book haram thing became a full blown menace?
Re: Nigerian Soldier: "We Are Using Old Tanks Since 1976 To Fight Boko Haram" - BBC by capip120(m): 2:51pm On Feb 13, 2015

spott:
After CNN's own interview, PDP were complaining now it is BBC. GEJ IS A FAILURE NO WONDER AMANPOUR SAID HE IS A FAILED PRESIDENT.

SAI BUHARI JOOOOOR
spott:
After CNN's own interview, PDP were complaining now it is BBC. GEJ IS A FAILURE NO WONDER AMANPOUR SAID HE IS A FAILED PRESIDENT.

SAI BUHARI JOOOOOR
spott:

SAI BUHARI JOOOOOR
Rubbish
Re: Nigerian Soldier: "We Are Using Old Tanks Since 1976 To Fight Boko Haram" - BBC by capip120(m): 2:52pm On Feb 13, 2015
Rubbish!
Re: Nigerian Soldier: "We Are Using Old Tanks Since 1976 To Fight Boko Haram" - BBC by watchindelta(m): 2:53pm On Feb 13, 2015
to be honest for this blabla going on in Nigeria, imagined since 1976 aba all Nigerian past n present leaders are wickets. and one thing I noticed about this boko fighters anytime Nigeria army killed them, i no dey ever see wan better weapons with does boko boiz. they are many problems we the citizens don't kn about all these blabla. but the oga at the top kn.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier: "We Are Using Old Tanks Since 1976 To Fight Boko Haram" - BBC by loomer: 2:59pm On Feb 13, 2015
BBC and CNN, disrespecting Nigeria since time immemorial
Re: Nigerian Soldier: "We Are Using Old Tanks Since 1976 To Fight Boko Haram" - BBC by Oiselenjakhian(m): 3:03pm On Feb 13, 2015
Hello I am a web developer. My personal website is http://trustondevcenary.com please visit my site and fill the contact form if you want a website.
Re: Nigerian Soldier: "We Are Using Old Tanks Since 1976 To Fight Boko Haram" - BBC by Diligence: 3:04pm On Feb 13, 2015
This report validates GEJ's remark that over the decades, the Nigerian military had been left ill-equipped. We commend his bold step to re-equip the military with state-of-the-art equipment. Kudos GEJ!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier: "We Are Using Old Tanks Since 1976 To Fight Boko Haram" - BBC by dvee2: 3:04pm On Feb 13, 2015
The soldiers that are well funded are in EKITI, RIVERS ETC DEFENDING PDP and rigging elections for GEJ. Boko is not important for GEJ
Re: Nigerian Soldier: "We Are Using Old Tanks Since 1976 To Fight Boko Haram" - BBC by larryUG(m): 3:05pm On Feb 13, 2015
kolonigga:
mehnnnn i can't wait for Buhari to take over from this massive corrupt regime. Even after GEJ borrowed $1Billion (N205,550,000,000), soldiers still complaining. He needs to leave asap. i dey vex!!!

SAi BUHARI TO THE RESCUE
WAS GEJ IN POWER SINCE 1976? i knw buhari came into power after 76, did he buy any? ibb nko? abacha? obj? and now u expect gej to do wat alll d past pple didnt do since 1976

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldier: "We Are Using Old Tanks Since 1976 To Fight Boko Haram" - BBC by highmood(m): 3:07pm On Feb 13, 2015
And buhari claimed he equipped the army when he was in power even OBJ calling others corrupt could not even upgrade the weapons been used by the military. This proves GEJ right, that no single gun was purchase by the past leaders notwithstanding they are military men. Shame to them. GEJ, please keep doing your best.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldier: "We Are Using Old Tanks Since 1976 To Fight Boko Haram" - BBC by DaBullIT(m): 3:10pm On Feb 13, 2015
atlwireles:

Are you smarter than a primary six pupil, if you are, channel your comment in that direction. undecided undecided

Another mad man on the loose, let me guess. Pdp follower abi? You can't see the reason in my comment but for clarification read the quote again then come back to apologize
Re: Nigerian Soldier: "We Are Using Old Tanks Since 1976 To Fight Boko Haram" - BBC by Faibuhari: 3:11pm On Feb 13, 2015
kolonigga:
[s][/s]

Instead of you criticizing the government, u are talking rubbish. i pity u
Do you know that NA are the quartermaster for BH, when NA are not ready to fight because of saboteurs in thieir midst and ethnic and religeous sentiments then there will be problems.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier: "We Are Using Old Tanks Since 1976 To Fight Boko Haram" - BBC by mst001(m): 3:11pm On Feb 13, 2015

EUROBOMBER:

Loads of rubbish, what type of tanks are soldiers from Chad using that they have been dealing with boko haram Are Chad, Nigeria and Cameroon having better tanks/weapons than Nigeria

The Nigerian army should finish off these fvcking jihadists and stop telling us these stories. undecided undecided
Guy na I too know they worry you or are you trying to tel us that our soldiers don't know their work? This young men have been asking for weapon to support them since day 1 they are ask to fight boko haram, the govt denied them.
Re: Nigerian Soldier: "We Are Using Old Tanks Since 1976 To Fight Boko Haram" - BBC by mmsen: 3:12pm On Feb 13, 2015
midolian:
This government is simply a poo, no matter how you try to package it..

We need a government that ll value the lives and appreciate the effort of these men. Not a government as this, that's bn economical with the truth and playing expensive politix with the lives of these great men..

God! We r in your hands..Save us from this blood thirsty govt.

Much of the problem has its roots in your final line.

People who feel the need to plead to 'god(s)' are not ready for democracy - democracy entails promises made being kept; in addition to holding other human beings to account for their decisions. There is no supernatural power involved.
Re: Nigerian Soldier: "We Are Using Old Tanks Since 1976 To Fight Boko Haram" - BBC by chibuikebright(m): 3:17pm On Feb 13, 2015
they don't have weapons now abi, if it were innocent citizens now you will see them molesting them without remorse.had it been Bokon Haram came from the southern part of Nigeria, they would have cleared everywhere within a twinkle of time
Re: Nigerian Soldier: "We Are Using Old Tanks Since 1976 To Fight Boko Haram" - BBC by highmood(m): 3:18pm On Feb 13, 2015
watchindelta:
to be honest for this blabla going on in Nigeria, imagined since 1976 aba all Nigerian past n present leaders are wickets. and one thing I noticed about this boko fighters anytime Nigeria army killed them, i no dey ever see wan better weapons with does boko boiz. they are many problems we the citizens don't kn about all these blabla. but the oga at the top kn.
my thought. There are many secrets about the happenings in this country, which if exposed, will not take hours for this country to start boiling and a month for regions to go thier separate ways. Its unfortunate many are just following sheepishly. Histories and incidents should be documented and printed for us and the coming generation to learn from. Imagine the Nigeria-biafra war is not taught in schools so people should know the gravity of war and what it has cost us. Rather than seize the opportunity of the FOI act to do that, many journalist are seeking for brown envelopes while lawyers are seeking for quick money through court cases. God help us.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier: "We Are Using Old Tanks Since 1976 To Fight Boko Haram" - BBC by PEREP: 3:21pm On Feb 13, 2015
midolian:
c'mon let's for once say the truth...GEJ has failed..are you now comparing Obj, Buhari and IBB's regime to this regime? Was there any group terrorizing the country they failed to deal with? Be frank with yourself..this same army under these past regimes were very much respected and were bn recommendend for peace keeping. Now, Na who wan recommend this GEJ military for peace keeping? Corruption infected military

So, are you saying Military Hardware is 'Guguru' that you buy off the shelf?
If the Army has been equipped to the tooth by previous govts, willl it take 72hours to move to war front?

Our previous engagements at international fronts have been impressive because all the required are available to support the Army (most especially the intelligence report).

In other news, Obama sent a bill to fight ISIS and he envisaged 3 years at the first instance. Why is he not saying 3 months with all the military might of the USA? In Nigeria, we expect a magic wand that roots insurgents in few days.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/02/11/politics/president-obama-isis-authorization-military-force/index.html?sr=tw021215obamamilitaryforce1230pVODtopPhoto
Re: Nigerian Soldier: "We Are Using Old Tanks Since 1976 To Fight Boko Haram" - BBC by Bayswater: 3:23pm On Feb 13, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

You and your APC folks are pathetic and unpatriotic. 1976 tanks indeed. I thought you lot said Buhari bought tanks in 1984/85. What happened to them?

The logic you have applied is beyond what a common janjarat can comprehend, trust me.

I can say this as a matter of fact, never in the history of Nigeria has the NA been this equipped.

We even have drones raining hellfire on the Boko bastards, we are the first African country to use armed drones - ahead of South Africa, Egypt, Algeria etc

Talk of T72s, talk of the Bigfoot MRAPs, talk of the many variants of attack helicopters GEJ has bought.

Honestly, GEJ's PR handlers are very crap at their job.

If an APC government should manage to do one hundredth of what GEJ has done when it comes to equipping the Nigerian military, they will make noise about it for 10years.

The Nigerian Military is that sophisticated.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldier: "We Are Using Old Tanks Since 1976 To Fight Boko Haram" - BBC by hohafrank(m): 3:23pm On Feb 13, 2015
kolonigga:
mehnnnn i can't wait for Buhari to take over from this massive corrupt regime. Even after GEJ borrowed $1Billion (N205,550,000,000), soldiers still complaining. He needs to leave asap. i dey vex!!!

SAi BUHARI TO THE RESCUE
Fool you are.Who has been there since 1976? In fact you seem to reason through your anus.God will deliver you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier: "We Are Using Old Tanks Since 1976 To Fight Boko Haram" - BBC by atlwireles: 3:27pm On Feb 13, 2015
DaBullIT:

Another mad man on the loose, let me guess. Pdp follower abi? You can't see the reason in my comment but for clarification read the quote again then come back to apologize

You make too much noise.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier: "We Are Using Old Tanks Since 1976 To Fight Boko Haram" - BBC by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 13, 2015
darlingtonNYIG:
Now who takes the blame, GEJ or other leaders that refused to modernise the army with new equipment? What did Obasanjo, Buhari, IBB and abacha do when they where in power, rather the en massed wealth from our collective pocket. GEJ is paying the price for failed leadership of the past

Yes, but a wartime leader has to act decisively and do away with excuses while people die.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldier: "We Are Using Old Tanks Since 1976 To Fight Boko Haram" - BBC by Akinsz: 3:28pm On Feb 13, 2015
What step did GEJ take when shecau started with a knife.
darlingtonNYIG:
Re: Nigerian Soldier: "We Are Using Old Tanks Since 1976 To Fight Boko Haram" - BBC by Labayi96(m): 3:28pm On Feb 13, 2015
This story is either old or a subtle means to undermine d govt& pple of 9ja cos i've some millitary hardware along kd-abj xprss way& they lk new bt come to think of it y is US& EU so interested in our internal affair tru it media NA WA O!& THEY REFUSE TO SELL ARM 2 9ja cos of human right abuse they are yet 2 prove
Re: Nigerian Soldier: "We Are Using Old Tanks Since 1976 To Fight Boko Haram" - BBC by mumuto: 3:30pm On Feb 13, 2015
If u follow the thread of videos released by boko haram on u-tube, you will realize that the problem is from the foot soldiers themselves. They abandon weapons for boko haram without putting up a fierce battle. That's y shekau call them cowards
Re: Nigerian Soldier: "We Are Using Old Tanks Since 1976 To Fight Boko Haram" - BBC by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 13, 2015
hohafrank:
Fool you are.Who has been there since 1976? In fact you seem to reason through your anus.God will deliver you.
You're the one who needs deliverance from ignorance. Google T-55 and T-72 and see for yourself. And while you're at it, google challenger 2, Leopard, and T-90 main battle tanks and be free. As a bonus, google Kenyan army.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier: "We Are Using Old Tanks Since 1976 To Fight Boko Haram" - BBC by Duru1(m): 3:31pm On Feb 13, 2015
Nigerian armed forces cannot produce soldiers of better characters than Nigerian society had supplied. The lack of strategy and soft belly shown by Nigerian soldiers in the fight against the ragtag outfit called Boko Haram are damning indictments of Nigerian society. Nigerian society is a pack of jackasses. I wonder if any Nigerian soldier will recognize any latest battle tank if he or she sees one.
Re: Nigerian Soldier: "We Are Using Old Tanks Since 1976 To Fight Boko Haram" - BBC by Oduduwaboy(m): 3:31pm On Feb 13, 2015
darlingtonNYIG:
GEJ had enough time to modernise the armed forces . Its only a failure that blames his father/ancestors for his woes in life!
Re: Nigerian Soldier: "We Are Using Old Tanks Since 1976 To Fight Boko Haram" - BBC by Nobody: 3:32pm On Feb 13, 2015
mumuto:
If u follow the thread of videos released by boko haram on u-tube, you will realize that the problem is from the foot soldiers themselves. They abandon weapons for boko haram without putting up a fierce battle. That's y shekau call them cowards
But why? Lack of proper leadership, that's why. So who are the leaders again?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier: "We Are Using Old Tanks Since 1976 To Fight Boko Haram" - BBC by okonelfg(m): 3:36pm On Feb 13, 2015
midolian:
c'mon let's for once say the truth...GEJ has failed..are you now comparing Obj, Buhari and IBB's regime to this regime? Was there any group terrorizing the country they failed to deal with? Be frank with yourself..this same army under these past regimes were very much respected and were bn recommendend for peace keeping. Now, Na who wan recommend this GEJ military for peace keeping? Corruption infected military
u r a very big foooooooool if i read d thread well it says 1979 wen did jonathan becom president of nigeria heidiot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wike To Approach Amaechi On Completion Of Airport In Port Harcourt / 2019 Election : If We Lose In The Election, We Will Go Home And Rest - Amaechi / Sagay: Releasing ‘Repentant’ Boko Haram Members Into Society Dangerous

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.