Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,648 members, 7,861,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:04 AM

The Need To Devalue The Importance Of Voters Card - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Need To Devalue The Importance Of Voters Card (884 Views)

I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari / CBN Has No Option But To Devalue The Naira – S&P / Picture Of Gov Okorocha Demanding The Release Of Voters Held Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Need To Devalue The Importance Of Voters Card by djmask(m): 2:18pm On Feb 13, 2015
The recent postponement of the 2015 General election and the comments of the double barrel mouthed PDP bulldog Doyin Okupe, that less than 50 percent of those with Permanent Voters Card (PVC) will eventually cast their votes . It is Pertinent that the devaluation of the voters card to only voting is important.
When INEC postponed the election, a lot of conspiracy theories about the real reasons came up; among which are security, Interference from PDP and the need for time for the ruling party to plan their rigging strategy. But recent revelations have shown that INEC is not ready and there is massive uneven distribution of the PVC.
But the core issue is that most people who dashed to collect their PVC are not planning to go out of their home on election date talkless of voting. This is a huge waste of resources used in producing the card and a waste of manpower. But why the attitude of collection without use? This is bore out of Nigerians attitude towards things that involves government.
My mother almost dragged me down to the registration centre, because she was convinced that I will miss out of any goodies later in life if and when they enquire for my voters card. Unfortunately so many Nigerians hold this same thought. They got their PVC and locked it away in their box never to be use for its primary objective. In addition Cooperate bodies, organisations and banks recognises voters card as a legal means of identification.
For total turnout and the maximum utilization of resources and manpower on election preparation and election day, Federal government and INEC needs to devalue the importance of the Voters card to only voting. They need to come out and denounce that the government will never demand for the card from job seekers, contractors etc. That way people with the aim to vote will only register and collect their PVC.
Frankly it's is criminal in my view that 100 people will collect PVC and only 40 will vote. All in the aim to use the voters card as an identity card or to seek jobs. That is unfair to INEC, the tax payers and to ourselves.
Or what do you guys think?
Re: The Need To Devalue The Importance Of Voters Card by Luizkid(m): 2:45pm On Feb 13, 2015
sadly thats the situation we find ourselves now, imagine d kind of crowd at registration centers compared to the poor turn out on election days... It needs to Change

(1) (Reply)

IF TRULY BUHARI IS THE CREATOR AND THE SPONSOR OF BOKO HARAM, THEN....??? / Buhari Vs GEJ - Who Has More Intelligent Supporters? / Does Buhari Need Obasanjo's Blessing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.