Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Hi, How Are Yàll, I`m New Here And Already Addicted To This Site :-) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Hi, How Are Yàll, I`m New Here And Already Addicted To This Site :-) (1228 Views)

Hi I 'm New , Presentation +18 / Hi, I`m New / I,m New Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hi, How Are Yàll, I`m New Here And Already Addicted To This Site :-) by Ibukun2(f): 7:08pm On Aug 23, 2006
Hi people, I am so happy to have found this site and I do really enjoy visiting it and I hope that I will be joining lots of interesting discussions. I already look forward to doing it. cheesy
Re: Hi, How Are Yàll, I`m New Here And Already Addicted To This Site :-) by dominobaby(f): 9:40pm On Aug 23, 2006
Ìbùkún! Love the way you spelt your name.
You are sure going to enjoy nairaland, just post in any thread that catches your fancy and enjoy!
Re: Hi, How Are Yàll, I`m New Here And Already Addicted To This Site :-) by aloib(f): 1:42am On Aug 24, 2006
hmm welcome gurl!!! love ur name
Re: Hi, How Are Yàll, I`m New Here And Already Addicted To This Site :-) by nilla(f): 4:38am On Aug 24, 2006
welcome to nl girl.
Re: Hi, How Are Yàll, I`m New Here And Already Addicted To This Site :-) by Remmzy(m): 5:03am On Aug 24, 2006
you sure gonna be blessed locking on this site  cool i feel as if i dey naija any time any moment on nairaland.
Re: Hi, How Are Yàll, I`m New Here And Already Addicted To This Site :-) by nilla(f): 5:08am On Aug 24, 2006
your right on bro cheesy
Re: Hi, How Are Yàll, I`m New Here And Already Addicted To This Site :-) by Ibukun2(f): 12:51pm On Aug 24, 2006
Thanx soooo much for your warm welcomes kiss Yes, I chose the name because I always pray to GOD to bless me, my friends and family. And I have to say that although I`m neither Nigerian nor African but I do really feel so good whenever I´m on this site, especially because of some very interesting and wise discussions. Since friends of Nigeria are also welcomed to register I decided to do it. My man is from Naija and so I am learning quite a lot about its culture, customs and so on and I really like it. smiley
Re: Hi, How Are Yàll, I`m New Here And Already Addicted To This Site :-) by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 24, 2006
ibk what's up with the stress sign on your name
Re: Hi, How Are Yàll, I`m New Here And Already Addicted To This Site :-) by iice(f): 4:48am On Aug 25, 2006
Welcome to NL and Enjoy cheesy
Re: Hi, How Are Yàll, I`m New Here And Already Addicted To This Site :-) by Ibukun2(f): 3:27pm On Aug 25, 2006
[/quote]ibk what's up with the stress sign on your name[quote]

Well Mubowa, I checked up an online Yoruba dictionary for the word "blessing" and that was what I saw. I think the stress signs belong to the Yoruba alphabet. They tell you how to stress the word cause sometimes a word can be the same but has a different meaning if the stress signs are placed on other letters. At least that`s what I heard. Hope I could answer your question smiley
Re: Hi, How Are Yàll, I`m New Here And Already Addicted To This Site :-) by Nobody: 12:54am On Aug 26, 2006
if you want people to know how to pronounce your name very well, this is how you should have explain in english.
I/BU/KUN THIS IS A THREE SYLLABLE WORD, WHEN A VOWEL STAND ON IT OWN IT IS USUALLY PRONOUNCED LONG. I HOPE YOU KNOW A CONSONANT CAN'T STAND ON IT OWN. BUT YOURS IS AN EXCEPTION, WHEN A SYLLABLE ENDS WITH A VOWEL LETTER IT IS USUALLY STRESS LONG, BUT I CAN SEE AN EXCEPTION AGAIN. WHEN THERE IS A VOWEL BTW TWO CONSONANT LETTER IN A SYLLABLE IT IS USUALLY A SHORT SOUND. THIS RULE I USE IS CALLED THE VOWEL RULE WE ALSO HAVE THE SYLLABLE RULE AND THE ACCENT RULE
Re: Hi, How Are Yàll, I`m New Here And Already Addicted To This Site :-) by suprted(m): 1:28am On Aug 26, 2006
mubowa, where were you when i was banging yoruba in jss.
Re: Hi, How Are Yàll, I`m New Here And Already Addicted To This Site :-) by kiki(f): 7:13am On Aug 26, 2006
hey welcome
Re: Hi, How Are Yàll, I`m New Here And Already Addicted To This Site :-) by Ibukun2(f): 4:38pm On Aug 26, 2006
@ MUBOWA

Thanx Mubowa for explaining me so well, now I know more. As I said before, I`m not an Nigerian. I`m learning a lot about Nigeria but yet I don`t know everything. Anyway, the most things I learn is about Edo, cause my man is from Edo State. But thanks again for the clear explanation of the different grammar rules.
Re: Hi, How Are Yàll, I`m New Here And Already Addicted To This Site :-) by dominobaby(f): 4:51pm On Aug 26, 2006
Lol @ suprted.
Ibukun, enjoy.
Re: Hi, How Are Yàll, I`m New Here And Already Addicted To This Site :-) by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 31, 2006
@ suprted, firstly i can't pronoun that name secondly i think that name can be only suitable for your location because i've never heard that name before, what do you mean by banging yoruba ain't nobody can bang yoruba when i still speake it or do you mean you're f***ing yoruba. what is your abinibi name and location
Re: Hi, How Are Yàll, I`m New Here And Already Addicted To This Site :-) by aloib(f): 2:43pm On Aug 31, 2006
mubowa shocked, uve never heard ibukun b4, lol, i was even thinkin its one of the most common yoruba names
Re: Hi, How Are Yàll, I`m New Here And Already Addicted To This Site :-) by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 07, 2006
someone is passing a wrong message to her self because i never said i've never heard ibukun befor, i actually have a friend that bears the namedid you see me write@ suprted, that is whom am talking about not ibukun or either you.
Re: Hi, How Are Yàll, I`m New Here And Already Addicted To This Site :-) by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 07, 2006
catch ya

(1) (Reply)

Members, God Will Lift You Up. / Instant Death Call / Disrespect On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.