Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,369 members, 7,815,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Don’t Vote A Mediocre As President – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Vote A Mediocre As President – Obasanjo (788 Views)

Ambode’s Mediocre List of Commissioners Full Of Tinubu’s Relatives, Friends –PDP / Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons / Emir Sanusi To Electorate: Don’t Vote For Persecutors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Vote A Mediocre As President – Obasanjo by jonathan12345: 3:03pm On Feb 13, 2015
Former president, Olusegun Obasanjo has enjoined Nigerians not to die for a mediocre in their search of a leader to run the country.
obasanjo
Obasanjo who spoke in London, at the launch of his book, My Watch, was however less than enthusiastic in his earlier endorsement on Tuesday of the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Gen Muhammadu Buhari (Rtd), given in Nairobi Kenya.

The book, My Watch, which is the chronicle of Obasanjo’s years in the presidency, is banned in Nigeria pending judicial adjudication on a libel suit brought by a chieftain of People Democratic Party, PDP, Chief Buruji Kashamu.

The former president as however taken to international circuit to promote the book, with the launc first in Nairobi, where he endorsed Buhari for the presidency.

He told the Financial Times in London, “The circumstances he (Buhari), will be working under if he wins election are different from the one he worked under before where he was both the executive and the legislature-he knows that. He is smart enough. He is educated enough. He is experienced enough, why shouldn’t I support him?”

At the London launch on Wednesday night, the former president was however more circumspect, saying “What I said… I will say it again and I will do it. When the time comes for me to vote, I will consider the track record of all the candidates that are contesting and I will assess them. Then, based on my assessment for who I believe have the best track record to perform the job of the Nigerian president, then he will have my vote and if anybody should know what the job of the Nigerian president requires, I should know.

He was nevertheless still dismissive in the assessment of the work of the incumbent president, Goodluck Jonathan, whose political career he helped fast-track from deputy-governor in 2005 to vice-president in 2007 and then backed for the presidency in 2011.

Obasanjo has always attacked Dr. Jonathan’s second term bid warned.

“And there is no sentiment in the affairs of Nigeria. Nigeria is a population of 180 million and you wouldn’t have anybody other than one person or two persons that can run the affairs of Nigeria? What the hell are we talking about? For me there are millions who can run the affairs of Nigeria that are not even coming out.

“So why should you die on behalf of one who is probably performing as a mediocre.With all due respect. if you love Nigeria, you would look for the best for her and I don’t believe that at this point in time, we have the best” he said
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/dont-vote-mediocre-president-obasanjo/
Re: Don’t Vote A Mediocre As President – Obasanjo by Fatban(m): 3:08pm On Feb 13, 2015
Because GEJ no wan bow to baba, now he is being labelled mediocre.........anyways #match4GMB

1 Like

Re: Don’t Vote A Mediocre As President – Obasanjo by AmucheJane(f): 3:18pm On Feb 13, 2015
Nonsense
Re: Don’t Vote A Mediocre As President – Obasanjo by Babare(m): 3:20pm On Feb 13, 2015
A major problem with this 77-year-old Talk-Talk is the delusions of grandeur. He just overestimates his own importance to the nation. When he gave us a sick Yaradua, was that the best option in Nigeria as at 2007?

If he truly wants the best for Nigeria, why didn't he present solutions in "HIS WATCH" rather criticise Nigeria and Nigerians - even calling Prof Soyinka "Aparo Hunter".

This baba needs be flogged on the "bom-bom" just 12 strokes of Mbu's koboko. grin grin
Re: Don’t Vote A Mediocre As President – Obasanjo by Nobody: 3:56pm On Feb 13, 2015
. . . . . . . . . .Baba is almost at the end of his race with nothing to lose or gain . . . . . . . . . . . .all he does now is speak the truth, . . . . . . . . .and the truth is; we have a below mediocre president who is desperately (by his actions) trying to hang on to power even when his track record shows he is not fit to be addressed as president . . . . . . . . . .the joke is on us Nigerians . . . . . . . .the clarion call; GET THAT FEDORA HAT MAN SOME SHOES AND PADDLE HIM BACK TO OTOUKE!!!

Re: Don’t Vote A Mediocre As President – Obasanjo by gen2briz(m): 3:57pm On Feb 13, 2015
Thank you sir, we won't this time around.
Re: Don’t Vote A Mediocre As President – Obasanjo by SHOPPERS(m): 4:26pm On Feb 13, 2015
Bros Sege, abeg just siddon dey watch. Your vote won't count more than one no matter your weight politically or belletically. Abeg, no waste am, vote for the one wet do wetin una no fit do for eight years in six years.
Re: Don’t Vote A Mediocre As President – Obasanjo by Nobody: 4:32pm On Feb 13, 2015
SHOPPERS:
Bros Sege, abeg just siddon dey watch. Your vote won't count more than one no matter your weight politically or belletically. Abeg, no waste am, vote for the one wet do wetin una no fit do for eight years in six years.

. . . . . . . . .you mean vote for the one that has reduced Nigeria's constitutional 774 local governments to 750?

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of The Day / I Will Stop Multiple Taxation In Lagos Markets - Jimi Agbaje / They Left Their Homes And Families Just For Us Show Love To Nigeria Army(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.