Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,208 members, 7,836,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

6 Types Of People You Meet In Computer Village, Lagos - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 6 Types Of People You Meet In Computer Village, Lagos (1883 Views)

My Experience In Computer Village, Ikeja Yesterday / See How I Was Scammed In Computer Village Today / The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Types Of People You Meet In Computer Village, Lagos by Abduletudaye(m): 7:31pm On Feb 13, 2015
When it comes to phone, computers and other devices, computer village comes first to a lot of peoples minds. Wheather its fairly used or new products and even stolen products sef..hehe.. cheesy..you will find all in computer village.

There are a lot of people we come across in computer but we might just fail to notice even when their right under our two big notrils.. grin

So Here's my own break down of the types of people you meet or come across in computer village.

1. The Noble Ones: These ones have only one reason why they're going to computer village. Its either to buy a smart phone, computer or accessories. They never waste time when it comes to payment and before you say jack, they're out of computer village.

2. The Area Boys: I will never forget what happened to me when I went to buy just 14K Java phone. As a sure boy cool , i strolled into computer village to find a very nice java phone and i was about to enter a shop...gehn ghen..I felt a very quick movement behind me. Then it occured to me that i should check my back pocket..*Ding* My Wallet containing 14K + Tfare was missing!

I dare not shout thief(Ole) while i was in their area coz the odd could be against me..I just followed the guy to a corner..begged him seriously to release my wallet..but i had to bail it just to avoid problems..when i got home, i was forming rambo..smh

3. The Hustlers: I totally respect these guys.. 70% of these people actually steal stuff and come sell it in computer village. Smh...what's that..OLX? Tchewww..

Most of them will wanna intentionally sell you a fake product and if you dare patronise them, OYO is your case. A friend of mine bought Nokia N8 for 10K back then..if you see how this guy dey happy..you go think say he hit jackpot cheesy ..when he tried to charge the phone at home, the phone didn't even give signs that it was alive. sad ...

When he openned the back nko, hmmm...angry ..Na Eba my guy see ooo...he couldn't cry..he bone am..

Note: not all hustlers sell fake stuff.

4. The Sellers: This is one is basic.. They sell bootleg headphones, charges, Usb cords, belt shoes. They don't have shops but they really struggle genuinely to survive.. God bless their hustle.. smiley

5. The Popo(Police): These ones eh...dey will just stay in one corner forming boss(vilian). The very minute you tresspass, they will press control p.. And that's all. Station things..

Carrying a laptop in CV na serious case.. You must have the receipt or else its stolen..

Feel free to add yours...cheesy grin

Just for fun..

And for those who don't know computer village(CV), abeg come to lagos and experience it! Hehehe...cheesy
Re: 6 Types Of People You Meet In Computer Village, Lagos by SMALLPENIS(f): 7:37pm On Feb 13, 2015
The I Know Here Well : they usually spot JJCS and try to sweet talk them to a place they know they sell "quality accessories" , 80% of the time if you follow them, eba or fufu in a dummy phone is your case.
Re: 6 Types Of People You Meet In Computer Village, Lagos by eistien(m): 8:12pm On Feb 13, 2015
Re: 6 Types Of People You Meet In Computer Village, Lagos by olahero(m): 8:19pm On Feb 13, 2015
hmmmm Computer Village, a school on is own.
Re: 6 Types Of People You Meet In Computer Village, Lagos by Saucekide25(m): 8:36pm On Feb 13, 2015
Una no dey test the phone b4 una buy? hw person go gv u eba and fufu u carry dey go? dafuq?
Re: 6 Types Of People You Meet In Computer Village, Lagos by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 13, 2015
gej till eternity
Re: 6 Types Of People You Meet In Computer Village, Lagos by Wisdomkosi(m): 9:49pm On Feb 13, 2015
Hmmmmmmmmm, everybody gat to hustle hard

1 Like

Re: 6 Types Of People You Meet In Computer Village, Lagos by kennyslim1(m): 9:56pm On Feb 13, 2015
Saucekide25:
Una no dey test the phone b4 una buy? hw person go gv u eba and fufu u carry dey go? dafuq?

When u come, u go contact...no long story

1 Like

Re: 6 Types Of People You Meet In Computer Village, Lagos by gememerald(m): 10:11pm On Feb 13, 2015
What about the repairers....
Re: 6 Types Of People You Meet In Computer Village, Lagos by Abduletudaye(m): 10:56pm On Feb 13, 2015
Frankmishael:
gej till eternity

Oga park well! angry goto politics section.. Tchewww angry

1 Like

Re: 6 Types Of People You Meet In Computer Village, Lagos by Abduletudaye(m): 10:56pm On Feb 13, 2015
gememerald:
What about the repairers....

Oh..that's true sha....they can repair anything grin
Re: 6 Types Of People You Meet In Computer Village, Lagos by Abduletudaye(m): 10:57pm On Feb 13, 2015
olahero:
hmmmm Computer Village, a school on is own.

Exactly..
Re: 6 Types Of People You Meet In Computer Village, Lagos by Tbillz(m): 12:20am On Feb 14, 2015
jag of all trade; master of non.......this category will tell you they have anything you want# scamming agenda
Re: 6 Types Of People You Meet In Computer Village, Lagos by Nobody: 12:47am On Feb 14, 2015
the ones dat will b dragging u to dier shop to buy something -like dem know wetin u won even buy
Re: 6 Types Of People You Meet In Computer Village, Lagos by moneymaker24(m): 1:39am On Feb 14, 2015
I happen to fall under the number 1 category cheesy
Re: 6 Types Of People You Meet In Computer Village, Lagos by Misterlaby: 5:17am On Feb 14, 2015
Re: 6 Types Of People You Meet In Computer Village, Lagos by Nobody: 6:24am On Feb 14, 2015
Re: 6 Types Of People You Meet In Computer Village, Lagos by phemmyfour: 6:52am On Feb 14, 2015
The fufu phone sellers
Re: 6 Types Of People You Meet In Computer Village, Lagos by ritababe(f): 7:12am On Feb 14, 2015
ok
Re: 6 Types Of People You Meet In Computer Village, Lagos by Bootybuttchic(f): 2:26pm On Feb 17, 2015
The ones who wil come to buy a phone,then after buyin,removes and kips phone(wrapped) dip down her bag,then puts the remaining content plus its own big nylon that was given inside a polybag to look less attractive :-D ...the fear of thiefs grin

2)THE first timer who came to repair phone that wil be watchn d repairers every move...and be folowin hm everywere,no matter the excuse cheesy
Re: 6 Types Of People You Meet In Computer Village, Lagos by dazekid(m): 2:43pm On Feb 17, 2015
Saucekide25:

You actually test the phone but then at the slightest chance, they swap the real one for the fake one.
Basically you have to experience it to understand. I have personally seen it happen a few times.
Re: 6 Types Of People You Meet In Computer Village, Lagos by XtraSmooth404: 3:15pm On Feb 17, 2015
How about those that pi*mp phones with Mp3, Mp4, Mobile App, games etc
Re: 6 Types Of People You Meet In Computer Village, Lagos by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 17, 2015
Don't keep ur wallet in ur back pocket even if the wallet tells u it doesnt like to stay by the side pocket. #Lesson
Re: 6 Types Of People You Meet In Computer Village, Lagos by biggboy(m): 8:38pm On Feb 17, 2015
Re: 6 Types Of People You Meet In Computer Village, Lagos by Lawalmd(m): 9:24pm On Feb 17, 2015
Saucekide25:
dont worry as a sharp guy wey you be just stroll to cv and test your skills with one of them guys on the street thats when you will realize that butter no be monkey food ive seen it happen to confirm street dudes not to talk of those of us that were brought up to be honest in our dealings

1 Like

Re: 6 Types Of People You Meet In Computer Village, Lagos by baib(m): 2:53am On Jan 07, 2016
Please, I am balogun ibrahim a final year student of Ladoke akintola University, doing a project titled "ASSESSMENT OF E-WASTE MANAGEMENT IN IKEJA LGA. I was in Ikeja computer in December 2015, to administer my questionnaire which i did few (100 out of 363 questionnaires), even though i was unable to finish due to some limitations like respondent telling me they are busy that will i pay them or they don't have time, some of the questionnaires still needs some more real details which is lacking from previous administered.

*****Here E-waste means electronic waste******

Please, I will like people to help on more details by replying here the answers only: like

1. what do you to collect e-waste (a) Drums (b) Buckets (c) Baskets (d) Nylon (e) Others; specify______________________
2. which disposal method do you use to dispose e-waste (a) open dump (b) burning (c) collection point (d) e-waste vendor
3. occupational status (a) electronic repairers (b) electronic importers (c) computer and photocopier services (d) mobile phones services (e) local recycle rs (f) artisan (g) Other; specify________________________
4. who does e-waste collection (a) self effort (b) private sector (c) government agency (d) truck pushers (e) Others; specify______________________
5. If not self-effort how much do you pay for the service: _________________
6. What is your payment plan: (1) Daily (2) Weekly (3) Monthly (4) Pay as you dispose
7. How regular is the evacuation: (1) Daily (2) Weekly (3) Fortnightly (4) Monthly (5) Occasionally
8. E-waste is a source of income: (1) Yes (2) No

Your faithfully
Balogun Ibrahim
Re: 6 Types Of People You Meet In Computer Village, Lagos by bhaliz44(m): 3:16am On Jan 07, 2016
computer Village no be seresere, na for matured mind. smiley

1 Like

Re: 6 Types Of People You Meet In Computer Village, Lagos by baib(m): 3:21am On Jan 07, 2016
Please help
Re: 6 Types Of People You Meet In Computer Village, Lagos by encryptjay(m): 7:04am On Jan 07, 2016
Godvilla:
Don't keep ur wallet in ur back pocket even if the wallet tells u it doesnt like to stay by the side pocket. #Lesson
Exactly boss.
Re: 6 Types Of People You Meet In Computer Village, Lagos by baib(m): 7:10am On Jan 07, 2016

(1) (Reply)

How To Identify Fake Phones.......(must Read) / Muslim Christmas Gift Get 9mobile 1gb For N200 And N1000 5gb / Come And See New Stuff Mb From Airtel. Wow This Is Kinda Real And Better

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.