Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

What Is The Difference Between 'dating' And 'relationship'?? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Difference Between 'dating' And 'relationship'?? (3718 Views)

17 Differences Between Dating A Girl & A Woman / See The Difference Between Dating A Boy And Dating A Man / Is Love Sex! The Difference Between Love Making And Sex. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between 'dating' And 'relationship'?? by dseries(m): 9:54pm On Feb 13, 2015
Its kinda funny, l smiled for long then finally laughed when l realised that l didnt know the difference between 'Dating' and 'Relationship'. I tried several times but still no answer. So l brought the question here to see if l can get answers. Pls Nairalanders what is the difference between 'Dating' and 'Relationship'
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'dating' And 'relationship'?? by showbobo(m): 9:58pm On Feb 13, 2015
'Dating is the word you use when you don't wanna lead her on while 'Relationship' is the one you u need use when u're really into it....lol
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'dating' And 'relationship'?? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 13, 2015
Dating is when you're both trying to find out how compatible you are for a relationship and a relationship is something more serious that almost certainly leads to marriage.

That's why a guy or girl may decide to date more than a person while trying to figure out who they'll enter a serious relationship with. But so many people who confuse themselves, just like you, will have sex during the dating period, complicate issues, and when the dating is called off, they feel as if a relationship was called off. That happened simply because they jumped a step.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between 'dating' And 'relationship'?? by jnrbayano(m): 10:02pm On Feb 13, 2015
dseries:
Its kinda funny, l smiled for long then finally laughed when l realised that l didnt know the difference between 'Dating' and 'Relationship'. I tried several times but still no answer. So l brought the question here to see if l can get answers. Pls Nairalanders what is the difference between 'Dating' and 'Relationship'

https://www.nairaland.com/2121751/what-does-serious-relationship-means

It will help you.
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'dating' And 'relationship'?? by LewisO: 10:04pm On Feb 13, 2015
The difference between dating and being in a relationship is commitment. If you are going out with someone on a regular basis, and you
and your partner have agreed to date only one
another, then you are in a committed relationship.

However, if you are dating a person and neither of you have agreed to date exclusively, then you are not in a relationship and you are both free to also date other people.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between 'dating' And 'relationship'?? by MzzTega(f): 10:05pm On Feb 13, 2015
Ask google
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'dating' And 'relationship'?? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:13pm On Feb 13, 2015
Dating: na when u dey always write date i:e continious tense..

Relationship: na when u and somebody relate..
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'dating' And 'relationship'?? by elantraceey(f): 10:14pm On Feb 13, 2015
Blackett:
Dating is when you're both trying to find out how compatible you are for a relationship and a relationship is something more serious that almost certainly leads to marriage.

That's why a guy or girl may decide to date more than a person while trying to figure out who they'll enter a serious relationship with. But so many people who confuse themselves, just like you, will have sex during the dating period, complicate issues, and when the dating is called off, they feel as if a relationship was called off. That happened simply because they jumped a step.

I just knew this, i always saw them as thesame thing.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between 'dating' And 'relationship'?? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Feb 13, 2015
elantraceey:

I just knew this, i always saw them as thesams thing.
Oya clap for me.
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'dating' And 'relationship'?? by elantraceey(f): 10:21pm On Feb 13, 2015
Blackett:
Oya clap for me.

Good good very good for blackett grin grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'dating' And 'relationship'?? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Feb 13, 2015
elantraceey:

Good good very good for blackett grin grin
Lol ok. . . How are you?
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'dating' And 'relationship'?? by elantraceey(f): 10:35pm On Feb 13, 2015
Blackett:
Lol ok. . . How are you?

I'm just good, you?
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'dating' And 'relationship'?? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Feb 13, 2015
Blackett:

I think what you're trying to explain is difference between dating and courtship. When you're dating someone, you're in a relationship with the person. I will call it a romantic relationship. You may not really attach importance to it but it doesn't mean you're not in a relationship with him/her.. There are things binding you to the person so, it's definitely s relationship.

Asking the difference between dating and relationship is like asking the difference between London and England. Relationship on it's own covers a whole lot. There are different kinds of relationships. One is romantic and others are not. But talking about the romantic relationship, whether you're dating for the fun of it or not or you've even gotten higher to courtship, you are in a relationship. Dating is more or less a branch of relationship. And BTW, dating and courtship is actually the same thing. Courtship is just a higher step into "the relationship".

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between 'dating' And 'relationship'?? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Feb 13, 2015
AgapeCharis:
I think what you're trying to explain is difference between dating and courtship. When you're dating someone, you're in a relationship with the person. I will call it a romantic relationship. You may not really attach importance to it but it doesn't mean you're not in a relationship with him/her.. There are things binding you to the person so, it's definitely s relationship.

Asking the difference between dating and relationship is like asking the difference between London and England. Relationship on it's own covers a whole lot. There are different kinds of relationships. One is romantic and others are not. But talking about the romantic relationship, whether you're dating for the fun of it or not or you've even gotten higher to courtship, you are in a relationship. Dating is more or less a branch of relationship. And BTW, dating and courtship is actually the same thing. Courtship is just a higher step into "the relationship".
Nope. If I date 10 girls within 2 months, did I court 10 girls?
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'dating' And 'relationship'?? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Feb 13, 2015
elantraceey:

I'm just good, you?
Hmm. Sounds as if you're in high spirits.
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'dating' And 'relationship'?? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Feb 13, 2015
Blackett:
Nope. If I date 10 girls within 2 months, did I court 10 girls?
No. like I said earlier, courtship is a higher step in dating.
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'dating' And 'relationship'?? by elantraceey(f): 11:01pm On Feb 13, 2015
Blackett:
Hmm. Sounds as if you're in high spirits.

lool , why did you say that?
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'dating' And 'relationship'?? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Feb 13, 2015
AgapeCharis:
No. like I said earlier, courtship is a higher step in dating.
So was I typing in german when I said a relationship is the next step after dating? I can date 10 people within a space of 2 months but I cannot say I've been in a relationship with 10 people.
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'dating' And 'relationship'?? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Feb 13, 2015
elantraceey:

lool , why did you say that?
Cos of how good you sounded. Lol
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'dating' And 'relationship'?? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Feb 13, 2015
Blackett:
So was I typing in german when I said a relationship is the next step after dating? I can date 10 people within a space of 2 months but I cannot say I've been in a relationship with 10 people.
When you're dating someone, you're in a relationship with the person. The fact that you're taking it higher doesn't mean you're just starting the relationship.

Maybe I don't know your meaning of dating. What is your meaning to the word "dating"??
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'dating' And 'relationship'?? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Feb 13, 2015
AgapeCharis:
When you're dating someone, you're in a relationship with the person. The fact that you're taking it higher doesn't mean you're just starting the relationship.

Maybe I don't know your meaning of dating. What is your meaning to the word "dating"??
If I meet a girl today and ask her out on a date to go see a movie with me in a few days, am I in a relationship with her?
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'dating' And 'relationship'?? by elantraceey(f): 11:09pm On Feb 13, 2015
Blackett:
Cos of how good you sounded. Lol

Lool , actually i'm in a very a very good mood , Had an awesome service in the presence of my father today and i've not gotten over the feeling yet. cheesy
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'dating' And 'relationship'?? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Feb 13, 2015
elantraceey:

Lool , actually i'm in a very a very good mood , Had an awesome service in the presence of my father today and i've not gotten over the feeling yet. cheesy
Heavenly father I'm guessing. . .
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'dating' And 'relationship'?? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Feb 13, 2015
AgapeCharis:
What is your meaning to the word "dating"??
Read again, my first comment on this thread.
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'dating' And 'relationship'?? by elantraceey(f): 11:13pm On Feb 13, 2015
Blackett:
Heavenly father I'm guessing. . .

yes na
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'dating' And 'relationship'?? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Feb 13, 2015
elantraceey:

yes na
Hmm. I see.
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'dating' And 'relationship'?? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Feb 13, 2015
Blackett:
If I meet a girl today and ask her out on a date to go see a movie with me in a few days, am I in a relationship with her?
Definitely no. But when you woo her and she accepts, then, you're in a relationship and it's also termed dating

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between 'dating' And 'relationship'?? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Feb 13, 2015
AgapeCharis:
Definitely no. But when you woo her and she accepts, then, you're in a relationship and it's also termed dating
Good. Now you're getting there.

When.

When I woo her and she accepts.

I have only asked her out. I have not decided to woo her. I may also woo her, and she refuses. Until I propose and she accepts, no relationship will be formed.

Can you now see with your own eyes the difference between dating and relationship? The same way I asked her out for a movie date, I can ask another 9 girls. The time I spend with them separately on subsequent dates will help me form a better opinion about them, and them, about me. All those factors combined will play a part in my choosing one out of the ten, to start a relationship with, which is subject also, to her saying yes.

Hope you gerrit. . .
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'dating' And 'relationship'?? by malonephill(m): 11:33pm On Feb 13, 2015
Reading agape.charis and black.ett comment like I'm in for lecture....

Kudos to op

More knowledge for you bosses
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'dating' And 'relationship'?? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Feb 13, 2015
Blackett:
Good. Now you're getting there.

When.

When I woo her and she accepts.

I have only asked her out. I have not decided to woo her. I may also woo her, and she refuses. Until I propose and she accepts, no relationship will be formed.

Can you now see with your own eyes the difference between dating and relationship? The same way I asked her out for a movie date, I can ask another 9 girls. The time I spend with them separately on subsequent dates will help me form a better opinion about them, and them, about me. All those factors combined will play a part in my choosing one out of the ten, to start a relationship with, which is subject also, to her saying yes.

Hope you gerrit. . .
smiley smiley
We're saying the same thing using different terminologies.

You can ask a number of girls out on a date but it doesn't mean there's something official. Until you propose and she accepts, then a relationship is formed. Agreed! Maybe the confusion was in I representing "relationship" with the conventional word we use for it which is dating.
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'dating' And 'relationship'?? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Feb 13, 2015
AgapeCharis:
smiley smiley
We're saying the same thing using different terminologies.

You can ask a number of girls out on a date but it doesn't mean there's something official. Until you propose and she accepts, then a relationship is formed. Agreed! Maybe the confusion was in I representing "relationship" with the conventional word we use for it which is dating.
I cleared that confusion in my very first comment, but you were in a rush to tell me how "london is the same as England" and ended up roping yourself. . .
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'dating' And 'relationship'?? by Nobody: 12:05am On Feb 14, 2015
Blackett:
I cleared that confusion in my very first comment, but you were in a rush to tell me how "london is the same as England" and ended up roping yourself. . .
Lol. You obviously didn't get my drift.

Happy Valentine

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies!! Can You Trust Ur Bf To This Extent? / When You See Your Ex Who Dumped You Because You Have No Car.. (pics) /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.