Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Nigerians, Avoid Obj Like A Plague, He Is Master Of Double Speak - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians, Avoid Obj Like A Plague, He Is Master Of Double Speak (941 Views)

Fg’s Double-speak On TSA, Kogi Meeting, Evidence Of Corruption – PDP / APC It New Heights Of Double Speak And 100 Days In Office. / Obj's Book Launch In London, Says GMB Is Master Degree Holder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians, Avoid Obj Like A Plague, He Is Master Of Double Speak by Francis5: 10:04pm On Feb 13, 2015
The Shame of Partisan Crookedness: Obasanjo’s Hopeless Offensive

One good thing about women is that they can tell their own blood better, without forensic evidence. Hence, among almost a thousand descriptions of a former Nigeria’s President, Olusegun Obasanjo by those who claimed they knew him, it was only his daughter, Iyabo that rendered his portrait with impeccable accuracy.

In ruling out further communication with her father till death, Iyabo, described him as a dubious character who often reveals his “narcissistic megalomaniac personality” by accusing someone else of what he so obviously practice. As if this wasn’t enough, Iyabo, lashed out another frustration with a father she publicly disowned, stating “We, your family, have borne the brunt of your direct cruelty and also suffered the consequences of your stupidity but got none of the benefits of your successes. Of course, anyone around you knows how little respect you have for your children. “ This was in 2013. Also, it may be recalled that in 2008, his own son, Gbenga, in an affidavit following a messy divorce case with his wife, Mojisola, accused the former president of having sex with his wife as exchange for government contracts. I didn’t mean to dig up these issues about pa Obasanjo, but his persistent underhanded advances into the Nigeria’s leadership system necessitates making a few references of his ramshackle credibility.

For clarity, Pa Obasanjo is a 77-old elder who has ruled his country twice - as a civilian and a military junta, and who still has not giving up his hunger for absolute power. From 2007 when he finally concluded his service as his nation’s civilian leader, this man has not given up his drunkenness for power and public resources, rather, he pervaded the political system in the most twisted manner; destroyed younger politicians who would not partake in his treachery, and bullyed others who worshipped him like an idol.

Consequently, as chairman of the Board of Trustees, BoT, of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Obasanjo handled his business selfishly, and mean-heartedly split his party into political in-groups. He created diminutive rebellious factions and positioned them to fight each other. After the aged leader was done, he cunningly resigned his party’s top leadership position in 2012, claiming that he wanted to fulfill his duties as a statesman locally and internationally. This was when Obasanjo actually joined forces with the opposition and secretly began to trade-off confidential information in his possession to destroy PDP, a party that drove him through two tenures of presidency.

So with the aforementioned synopsis of the evils of his political witchery, why would it be “breaking news” that Obasanjo endorsed the Presidential candidate of All Progressives Congress, APC, General Muhammadu Buhari? Obasanjo had collaborated with the APC since its inception, and had tried unsuccessfully to destroy the regime. This is because President Jonatha rightfully adopted a governance process that sidestepped Obasabjo’s influence and selfish political demands. Then there is this culture of appointing political leaders for elective offices behind closed doors – telling candidates when to run for offices and when not to run for offices; and controlling all government offices like a flat screen with remote.

Having laid down Obasanjo’s damaging tendencies, the issue becomes conceivable, on why any electorate who wants peace, progress, and unity in Nigeria would accord him any attention. Besides a controversial letter where he made up unfunded allegations to throw his country into chaos, Obasanjo has consistently made damaging comments to ensure a failure of a regime which was actually restoring the carnage created by Obasanjo and his past military cronies. In his latest tommyrot, as he promoted the Buhari’s candidacy, Obasanjo said, “I hope that we will not have a coup - I hope we can avoid it.” This is exactly Obasanjo’s trademark - an utter of hopeless rubbish that cannot sway even a woozy fly.

We are already on the same page that this election is no longer about the candidates and their competencies, because the ex-general, Buhari has not shown any knowledge of the democratic process. This race has boiled down to a rebellion by a gang of ex-warlords and dubious political godfathers striving to initiate a comeback and once again hijack the country’s political powers and prospects. For those who still play the Russian roulette with their national unity, it must be noted Nigerians endured thousands of lives, punitive decrees, never-ending transition processes, absurd economic programs, and spiritual interventions to finally expunge the junta virus from their governmental system. The problem at this time might not be the leaders but purely a condition under the control of eligible voters.

In few weeks ahead, Nigerian citizens will have once again a tough decision to make regarding the survival of their dear nation. This choice is not about bad roads; it is not about electricity, for those won’t be possible without completely, a democratic structure where every demographic group has a part in the governance. This race is not about tribes or religion either. It is a do-or-die fight split between two ideologies. One, the Buhari’s ideology of the stone age where the youth, women and other minorities are suppressed into an obscure basement; where good skills and education are suppressed at the expense of mediocrity, and where power and resources are restructured to allow a particular region a sole and an uninterrupted control. A mindset of the heatless dictators, where consensus are substituted for loaded guns and horse whips.

Second, The Jonathan’s transformation ideology – an embrace of participative democracy where modernity of structures are allowed a breathing space. With this option, Nigerians would continue to enjoy an all-inclusive constitutional process where political godfathers are forced to follow the rules, and where the youth, women and other minorities are treated fairly. These two options have clear differences. However, if Nigerian voters deny themselves this opportunity to endorse the reality, the repercussions may go a long way and might not bring forth anymore opportunities for policy fairness, peace, and a united nation.

http://www.guardiannewsusa.com/obasanjo-s-hopeless-offensive.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians, Avoid Obj Like A Plague, He Is Master Of Double Speak by Francis5: 10:07pm On Feb 13, 2015
brb
Re: Nigerians, Avoid Obj Like A Plague, He Is Master Of Double Speak by francizy(m): 10:31pm On Feb 13, 2015
OBJ is the worst thing to happen to Nigerian leadership system

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Avoid Obj Like A Plague, He Is Master Of Double Speak by TI1919(m): 11:32pm On Feb 13, 2015
How I wish in Nigeria we have places like an institution where old people are being taken care of that is where I recommend OBJ to be. He may have all the money he needed but he need a home where nurse will take care of him then we would have breathing space if not so, only God will help us out of what OBJ and his schemas will put us into.
Re: Nigerians, Avoid Obj Like A Plague, He Is Master Of Double Speak by Nobody: 11:49pm On Feb 13, 2015
hes neither hot nor cold, jona will spit him out come march 28th of dis month.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians, Avoid Obj Like A Plague, He Is Master Of Double Speak by Francis5: 4:30am On Feb 14, 2015
francizy:
True talk

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians, Avoid Obj Like A Plague, He Is Master Of Double Speak by egift(m): 4:45am On Feb 14, 2015
francizy:

The JonaSambo Feeding Bottle you are sucking is causing damage to your senses.

Your attacks on OBJ will not get Jonathan any support. Your insults will not make us forget the trillions stolen, thousands killed and the clueless policies of Jonathan.

The Zoologist is heading back to Otueke.

Sai Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Avoid Obj Like A Plague, He Is Master Of Double Speak by KanwuliaJara: 4:49am On Feb 14, 2015
Na 'their' culture na!
Trust at you own sanity! cheesy
They can fit to phock 'GOD' and 'SATAN' on the same bed kpa kpa! cheesy

Re: Nigerians, Avoid Obj Like A Plague, He Is Master Of Double Speak by egift(m): 4:58am On Feb 14, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
hes neither hot nor cold, jona will spit him out come march 28th of dis month.

Despite the money Jonathan is sharing, majority of Nigerians are abandoning his sinking ship, then a lot is wrong with Jonathan.

We all want a better Nigeria. Vote for Change.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Avoid Obj Like A Plague, He Is Master Of Double Speak by babadee1(m): 5:02am On Feb 14, 2015
francizy:

The worst thing Obasanjo ever did in his life was to make Jonathan Vice President. Every other mistake he made is forgivable except for that one.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians, Avoid Obj Like A Plague, He Is Master Of Double Speak by francizy(m): 6:51am On Feb 14, 2015
egift:

The JonaSambo Feeding Bottle you are sucking is causing damage to your senses.

Your attacks on OBJ will not get Jonathan any support. Your insults will not make us forget the trillions stolen, thousands killed and the clueless policies of Jonathan.

The Zoologist is heading back to Otueke.

Sai Buhari.

Keep displaying your hooliganism for the whole world to see. I bet you will even be worst of a tyrant than our past dictators from the way you insulted me for making a truthful statement. Its a crime now to speak the truth about our past leader but if I speak about GEJ, you give me all the likes and shares in the world.

You seem a myopic person pa say because you just concluded that am a GEJ supporter. Who said am a GEJ supporter. I will be the last person campaigning for GEJ because I know for sure that he failed. I will not also campaign for Buhari because he also failed during his tenure.

Talk of stealing, OBJ stole a whole lot from Nigeria. The worst part was that he created a body that he used to hunt his enemies who stole money too but all his friends were free to steal. Talk of people being killed, why didn't the northern sponsors of boko haram come out during OBJ's reign?

Because they simply believed in him handing over back to them. He did and it back fired but they couldn't wait till the person elected exhausts his four years before showing him the exit door with their votes, rather they wanted to use every possible force/means, including wasting innocent lives.

Talking about Jonathan, who single handedly picked him and Yaradua as VP and President respectively? Was it not OBJ? He OBJ picked people he felt he could manipulate as a godfather will do, but it did backfire when his smallest boy in the presidential game opened his eyes and became a respecter of no man (including OBJ).

If Jonathan failed Nigeria, then OBJ is equally to blame for imposing him on us.

People like you should cover their faces in shame when fighting for a man who couldn't even serve as a role model to people. Please teach your children the ways of OBJ, let them know that sleeping with their daughter in law is a life's fulfilment. Let them know that talking and acting shamelessly is a life's fulfilment, let them know that looting the Nigerian treasury is a life's fulfilment, let them know that being at war with their daughter is a life's fulfilment. So many ills about this man I can't even put all down..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians, Avoid Obj Like A Plague, He Is Master Of Double Speak by francizy(m): 6:54am On Feb 14, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
Na 'their' culture na!
Trust at you own sanity! cheesy
They can fit to phock 'GOD' and 'SATAN' on the same bed kpa kpa! cheesy

Don't mind the gullible fellows.. I wonder why, all of a sudden, OBJ has turned a hero..
Re: Nigerians, Avoid Obj Like A Plague, He Is Master Of Double Speak by francizy(m): 7:09am On Feb 14, 2015
babadee1:

The worst thing Obasanjo ever did in his life was to make Jonathan Vice President. Every other mistake he made is forgivable except for that one.

Not at all.. His sins will never be forgiven so easily nor forgotten because he helped tear Nigeria apart.

He single handedly selected Yaradua and GEJ to take up Aso rock. He imposed them on us. So that's part of his failure.

How many things did OBJ do to help the poor masses? How many roads were constructed by him? How did he affect our power generation, positively or negatively? How many schools were built by him and how many were renovated by him.

Even the University I attended was in a sorry state and nothing was working until it was renovated in 2012. Now students don't have to sit on the floor to learn, as their are many working lecture halls with modern teaching instrument, and new lecture halls were built. Students don't have to urinate in gutters because toilets were worked upon.

Please just help me mention what OBJ did and then try convincing/confusing on how he's better than GEJ. To me, they are all the same... FAILURES!
Re: Nigerians, Avoid Obj Like A Plague, He Is Master Of Double Speak by francizy(m): 7:19am On Feb 14, 2015
TI1919:
How I wish in Nigeria we have places like an institution where old people are being taken care of that is where I recommend OBJ to be. He may have all the money he needed but he need a home where nurse will take care of him then we would have breathing space if not so, only God will help us out of what OBJ and his schemas will put us into.

If you do present him with such opportunity, you could put our nurses in danger. A man who slept with his daughter in law can do anything..
Re: Nigerians, Avoid Obj Like A Plague, He Is Master Of Double Speak by PassingShot(m): 7:22am On Feb 14, 2015
I agree OBJ is a chameleon but I know that GEJ is a green snake under green grass.

(1) (Reply)

APC Plans To Attack Its Leaders – Fani-kayode / Jonathan Blasts APC, Says You Don’t Win Elections On Propaganda / Abuja Residents March In Support Of Nigerian Soldiers(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.