Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,976 members, 7,810,707 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

Biased Attitude Of Nigerian Christains Towards Politics - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biased Attitude Of Nigerian Christains Towards Politics (4943 Views)

Read Why BBC Is Allegedly Biased Against Biafra - Naij.com / Army Condemns Cowardly Attitude Of Soldiers Who Fled From Bokoharam / Nigerian Military Condemns CNN For Their Biased Report On Their Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biased Attitude Of Nigerian Christains Towards Politics by Nobody: 12:18pm On Feb 14, 2015
vedaxcool:

You are simply ignorant of christian history, read the history of the catholic church or the 30 year war or Norther Ireland where protestants and catholics are on each other throat, unlike u who apparently has a small mind, we don't go around blackmailing christianity.
Have u ever wondered why secularism started from Europe? Because they discovered early on that christianity should have no place in dictating government policy, they discovered whenever the church held sway all sort of immoral cruelty where done in God's name! Everybody has their past even Obama said so, so Read! and please muslims are not commanded to kill, if the majority of muslims over 99.8 percent go on their normal business without causing anybody trouble then ur lies that the Qur'an instructs muslims to kill sounds simply as the product of fantasy and immorality!

Don't be foolish.

Did Jesus lead men into battle?

And as for the crusades, it was nessisated to drive off Muslims who had overran a Christian Jewish and zorotan middle east and where in the verge of spreading into Europe.

the early catholic church was borne not out of Christian evangelism but adopted as the New Roman Empire state religion.

Constanipole was a the first roman catholic pope who converted to Christianity.

The city of Instanbul was once the new capital of the roman empire and was named after Constanipole.

Even the main mosque in Instanbul, was once the main church of the Holy Roman Empire before falling into the ottoman empire.

Catholism till this day is at variance with Christianity as preached by Christ and early disciples.

Take whatever grouse you have with them Catholics and not Christians.

Finally, stop moaning about the crusades because you guys lost out because it was Islamic aggression that brought rise to a coalition to stop your mob of twisted goat farkers.

Islam is a Theif who has the audacity to cry if caught.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biased Attitude Of Nigerian Christains Towards Politics by agabaI23(m): 12:35pm On Feb 14, 2015
ellechrystal:

Hahahahahahahaha, am spending it with my Jehovah.. tongue tongue
Bae, how is it going? WhatsApp mee oo smiley
Re: Biased Attitude Of Nigerian Christains Towards Politics by vedaxcool(m): 12:44pm On Feb 14, 2015
WombRaiders:

Don't be foolish.

Did Jesus lead men into battle?

And as for the crusades, it was nessisated to drive off Muslims who had overran a Christian Jewish and zorotan middle east and where in the verge of spreading into Europe.

the early catholic church was borne not out of Christian evangelism but adopted as the New Roman Empire state religion.

Constanipole was a the first roman catholic pope who converted to Christianity.

The city of Instanbul was once the new capital of the roman empire and was named after Constanipole.

Even the main mosque in Instanbul, was once the main church of the Holy Roman Empire before falling into the ottoman empire.

Catholism till this day is at variance with Christianity as preached by Christ and early disciples.

Take whatever grouse you have with them Catholics and not Christians.

Finally, stop moaning about the crusades because you guys lost out because it was Islamic aggression that brought rise to a coalition to stop your mob of twisted goat farkers.

Islam is a Theif who has the audacity to cry if caught.

You r basically too ignorant for me to discuss any issue with, I didn't mention the crusades yet u are yapping uncontrollably about it, I have no time to educate you about the many atrocities done in the name christianity, from the murder of bruno, to persecution of jews for the murder Jesus- every easter christians chanted jesus killers and murdered jews in large numbers, like the op said ur righteous indignations seems to be as a result of deep seated hatred u have about muslims!
Re: Biased Attitude Of Nigerian Christains Towards Politics by sebali: 12:50pm On Feb 14, 2015
dustmalik:

You can't have a proper discussion on here, because there are so many deranged f.ools. By the way, your observations are on point.
tanx
Re: Biased Attitude Of Nigerian Christains Towards Politics by Nobody: 12:54pm On Feb 14, 2015
vedaxcool:

You r basically too ignorant for me to discuss any issue with, I didn't mention the crusades yet u are yapping uncontrollably about it, I have no time to educate you about the many atrocities done in the name christianity, from the murder of bruno, to persecution of jews for the murder Jesus- every easter christians chanted jesus killers and murdered jews in large numbers, like the op said ur righteous indignations seems to be as a result of deep seated hatred u have about muslims!

I know your antics.

Rather than condemn the acts of your lunatic brethren you will be drawing similarities with other religions.

That is why I mentioned the crusades before you begin yawning dust about it.

People like you are even far worse than boko haram active fighters as you will be the first to kill your Christian neighbour during a secular riot or will stream out and welcome boko haram if they were to over run your town.

This is why I can never ever trust a Muslim.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biased Attitude Of Nigerian Christains Towards Politics by Nobody: 12:55pm On Feb 14, 2015
sebali:

tanx

Keep consoling yourself.

You Muslims maybe foolishly inclined to violence but God ensured that ou lost your brains,
Re: Biased Attitude Of Nigerian Christains Towards Politics by sebali: 1:01pm On Feb 14, 2015
WombRaiders:

Keep consoling yourself.

You Muslims maybe foolishly inclined to violence but God ensured that ou lost your brains,
My friend am a christian.
I noticed u avoided d topic and preferred to talk abt BH and Buhari.
My question remains are these GEJ biblical adverts right. Is dis not an attempt to christainize Nigeria?
Re: Biased Attitude Of Nigerian Christains Towards Politics by ndcide(m): 1:02pm On Feb 14, 2015
WombRaiders:
99.9% of Muslims that I have encountered believe staunchly that Goodluck is behind Boko Haram even though they fail to neglect that 100% of Boko Haram members are Muslims from the Kanuri/Hausa/Fulani stock.

100% of Muslims do not see the targeting of indigenous people in the middle belt who happen to be mainly Christians by Fulani/Hausa militias who by chance happen happen to be Muslims as religiously motivated.

Islamic doctrine specifically dictates that Muslims should never allow non Muslims to dominate or lead them.

This is what happened with Patricia Etteh who was removed by northern Muslims who saw her emergence as speaker as an insult to their faith. Etteh's case was compounded because apart fom not being Muslim she was a woman.

You are on point.

On your first paragraph, kindly read this editorial

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/will-gen-buhari-change-ways/

These guys are being diabolical.
Re: Biased Attitude Of Nigerian Christains Towards Politics by OreMI22: 1:15pm On Feb 14, 2015
sebali:
A few weeks back somebody posted here an ad don by GEJ/PDP. In d ad Our Lord Jesus endorsed Jonathan.
Yesterday I saw anoda PDP/GEJ ad sponsored by one adnoid group....in this ad several scriptures from d bible were qouted indicating dat GEJ has been chosen by God and dat voting against him is going against God.
Lets imagine buhari or APC did a similar advert were buhari is been endorsed by d prophet mohammad or using qoutes from d koran to support buhari's candidature, my fellow christains (PDP) wud be crying and shouting "buhari/apc wants to islamize Nigeria".
So am surprised nobody sees dese GEJ's ad as an attempt to christainize Nigeria.
Muslims in Nigeria are not making any noise abt dese ads but if d reverse was d case CAN wud be crying by now.
Wen Pastors organize crusades and tag dem " Benny Hinn for Nigeria" muslims do not react but assuming this was d case -"Prophet mohammad for Nigeria" am sure christains wud cry over it.
Wats sauce for d goose is sauce for d gander

Re: Biased Attitude Of Nigerian Christains Towards Politics by sebali: 1:22pm On Feb 14, 2015
From all I hav read here, I see majority of us are been sentimental........justify our sect and criticizing d oda side.
For many it is wrong if d oda side did it; but it is justified in someways if we did it.

Isso Rite
Re: Biased Attitude Of Nigerian Christains Towards Politics by Tolzeal(m): 1:32pm On Feb 14, 2015
Zuria:

Crusader? Naa...I don't have such thoughts.

just keep doing what you do...the world is big enough for all of us. What would nairaland look like without a psycho like you? tongue grin

is this a compliment
Re: Biased Attitude Of Nigerian Christains Towards Politics by arewafederation: 1:40pm On Feb 14, 2015
WombRaiders:

Don't be foolish.

You Muslims are not expected to have a separation between the state and Islam. This is why the sharia is above any other law or statute in Islam.

Why then do you expect non Muslims especially Christians to be secular when making political decisions while your lot are only guided by Islamic doctrine.

This is another Muslim hypocrisy that most Christians are not privy to.

Still yarning dust.

2 Likes

Re: Biased Attitude Of Nigerian Christains Towards Politics by vedaxcool(m): 1:42pm On Feb 14, 2015
WombRaiders:

I know your antics.

Rather than condemn the acts of your lunatic brethren you will be drawing similarities with other religions.

That is why I mentioned the crusades before you begin yawning dust about it.

People like you are even far worse than boko haram active fighters as you will be the first to kill your Christian neighbour during a secular riot or will stream out and welcome boko haram if they were to over run your town.

This is why I can never ever trust a Muslim.

Lol grin, one has to marvel at the choastic scene in the minds of the fanatic! A man who calls himself wombraiders, believes the catholics are not real christians, yet somehow with all his womb raiding he thinks he should be taken seriously by any! Now go do ur banter to ur fellow wombraiders, individuals with ur myopic mindset parade urself as some sort of spokesperson for ur religion, but we know evil is ur work all day!

2 Likes

Re: Biased Attitude Of Nigerian Christains Towards Politics by Micuilles: 1:48pm On Feb 14, 2015
I wonder why some guys here are saying I am derailing the discussion. I only stated reasons why some christians are bias towards this political blend. at least I stated the reason why I am. I believe that If Buhari become president, even if he does not impose Islam on Nigeria, his friends & kinsmen who are killing Christian children, women & men in the north will feel encouraged to do more. They secretly do it now, attack christian villages at night & early hours of the day. They will become bolder when someone who gives impressions of Jihad ism get into power. grin
Re: Biased Attitude Of Nigerian Christains Towards Politics by Nobody: 2:17pm On Feb 14, 2015
vedaxcool:

Lol grin, one has to marvel at the choastic scene in the minds of the fanatic! A man who calls himself wombraiders, believes the catholics are not real christians, yet somehow with all his womb raiding he thinks he should be taken seriously by any! Now go do ur banter to ur fellow wombraiders, individuals with ur myopic mindset parade urself as some sort of spokesperson for ur religion, but we know evil is ur work all day!

WombRaiders:
[size=18pt]The original heriachy of Boko Haram[/size]

Mohamed Yusuf is widely accepted to be the original leader of the proscribed militant Islamic group commonly referred to as Boko Haram.

What most of you are not aware of is the original composition of Yusuf's inner circle which were drawn not from the vast population of poor ignorant masses in the north but from very educated young men of privileged background.

What most of you also are not aware of is that the radicalization of these young men did not begin with Yusuf or in some rundown Madrasah that dots northern Nigeria but in lecture halls in universities across northern Nigeria. They came to Yusuf because they could identify with his own very radical message.

The group gots it's nick name Boko Haram for its opposition of western styled education and mainly because the group was composed of young privileged and highly educated young men who turned their back on the world preferring a return to classical medieval Islamic society. Public destruction of certificates was done to woo more young men into their fold.

The group unsurprisingly continued to enjoy wide spread support among young northerners because of the energetic, vibrant and new perspective they offered. Within a short time, the group started to draw negative critism fom the old established clerics who not only frowned about their radical views but saw their own popularity wane in the midst of younger Muslims who preferred what Yusuf had to offer.

This critism will lead to both false and truthful allegations by the clerics to the authorities on the extent of the radicalization Yusuf was offering the youth. The security apparatus then swung in to investigate the activities of Yusuf and his group and severally he was "invited" to the police station to clarify issues. This only made Yusuf more popular among the youth and gave him an air of fighting the established order. The north was witnessing its first ever revolutionary character.

Yusuf sensing the new twist to his personality and movement will capitalize on his new found fame and status by pumping up the rhetoric even further. This is when the crooked politicians got to notice this young charismatic man. His popularity they (politicians) thought, could be used to their advantage and before long Yusuf added another feather to his influence and ego. With Politicians patronizing Yusuf and soliciting for his support base, things were bound to get to his head.

Here was this young man of humble background and limited education surrounded by children of the elite and the poor masses at his beck and call now getting visits from prominent local, state, regional and national political figures.

Before long the politicians began to use Yusuf's supporters to carry out violent attacks on their opponents for a fee paid to Yusuf off course.
This only made Yusuf more notorious with the security agents. But anytime he or any of his members were picked up both their highly placed political associates and the influential relatives of his Liutenants swung into action to spring him out of custody.

Before long Yusuf built an air of impunity for himself and his members since they were always let go Scott free after any of their violent skirmishes within Borno. It didn't take long for concerned individuals to petition the DSS about Yusuf and before long he was picked up during the second tenure of Obasanjo and was held for a long period by the DSS. This was the time Yusuf met Asari in detention.

But eventually, Yusuf was released back into society and his aura had taken up legendary status.
This is a man that even the federal government could not convict.
From here on, grand delusions of grandeur began to set in and Yusuf thought he had everything at is disposal to take out the Nigerian state.

We thus, cannot exclude the influences of Yusuf's inner circle and their connections to the corridor of power in our polity in incubating the monster boko haram.

This goes to show that the Boko Haram insurgency has its roots in the northern oligarchy.

Abdulmutalab is a good example of how a young privileged and educated northern youth can become radicalized.

This is were the maitassine movement differs completely with that of Boko Haram.

The maitassine movement was drawn from the poor dredges of northern Nigeria. The maitassine movement was effectively dealt with because the northern oligarchy saw it as a revolutionary movement ( which it was) challenging their authority and dominance and as such this was why the group was completely isolated and summarily destroyed.

The case with Boko Haram is different as the group is intertwined with the northern oligarchy.

3 Likes

Re: Biased Attitude Of Nigerian Christains Towards Politics by Nobody: 2:21pm On Feb 14, 2015
Micuilles:
I wonder why some guys here are saying I am derailing the discussion. I only stated reasons why some christians are bias towards this political blend. at least I stated the reason why I am. I believe that If Buhari become president, even if he does not impose Islam on Nigeria, his friends & kinsmen who are killing Christian children, women & men in the north will feel encouraged to do more. They secretly do it now, attack christian villages at night & early hours of the day. They will become bolder when someone who gives impressions of Jihad ism get into power. grin

Islam has beclouded their reasoning for this you can not make scenes with them.

Theirs is an Owellian existence were bloodshed is seen as peace.

1 Like

Re: Biased Attitude Of Nigerian Christains Towards Politics by Nobody: 2:34pm On Feb 14, 2015
arewafederation:

Still yarning dust.

Call it dust if you may.

Christians are taken ads on the pages of newspapers targeting Christian voters to vote Jonathan how bad is that if we compare what muslims have been doing to Christian voters if they don't vote their Muslim candidate?

Jos and South Kaduna people including the indigenous Christian communities at the fore front of jihad know that muslim envagelism or campaign is incomplete with out blood shedding and intimidation.

Here see your boko haram cousins are dropping leaflets in christian conmunities in Gombe warning chrisians not to vote!
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2124219_b9zquf2cmaalvfp_jpegc210eada37c4edf074d13dd4dd58f8e2
Which one is more evil?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biased Attitude Of Nigerian Christains Towards Politics by Nobody: 3:15pm On Feb 14, 2015
The only way to defeat radical Islam and terrorism is with the truth.

Show them their contradictions and hypocrisy and see them scuttle for cover for just like the devil, they are enemies of the truth who the devil has made them blind to. Show it to them, the truth that is and watch them run for cover, for the truth is the only thing that can defeat evil, not bombs or guns but the simple truth. Muslims are groping in the dark, they need mening to their existence. They are very confused and desperate for the truth about life.

They are in so many ways victims of shaitan.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biased Attitude Of Nigerian Christains Towards Politics by atlwireles: 3:17pm On Feb 14, 2015
Wombraider, thanks, God bless for the knowledge you share on this forum.

1 Like

Re: Biased Attitude Of Nigerian Christains Towards Politics by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 14, 2015
atlwireles:
Wombraider, thanks, God bless for the knowledge you share on this forum.

Most appreciated. We have a duty to speak the truth irrespective of whose Ox gets gored.
Re: Biased Attitude Of Nigerian Christains Towards Politics by Change2015(m): 3:41pm On Feb 14, 2015
Micuilles:

Very strong sign of the end time. The Devil will always loose. I insist, you are either for Jesus or against him. Buhari & any other Muslim I know does not believe in Jesus, this makes them against him. whether you agree or not is not the issue. I attended a muslim school growing up. Believe me, I know much more about Islam than you think.
@ tundeajani. You are Muslim & in your heart you know the truth & it is sour on your tongue. Nobody would have referred to Buhari as a religious bigot if he didn't make the statement about insisting on sharia law in Nigeria (2003). Out of the heart, the mouth speaks.

And we have seen the abundance in your heart from your speech.

#change
#GMB
#APC
Re: Biased Attitude Of Nigerian Christains Towards Politics by Nobody: 3:44pm On Feb 14, 2015
Change2015:

And we have seen the abundance in your heart from your speech.

#change
#GMB
#APC

Between Muslims and Chritians which group is trying force their religion and ways on the polity?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Video, Photos: PDP Youths Protest Over Unpaid Rally Attendance Fee / Zahra Buhari Calls President Jammeh Of Gambia A ‘child Fucker’ / Peter Obi : Why Yoruba States And People Are Poor And Igbo States Might Fail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.