Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,643 members, 7,823,828 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

INEC Will Announce Election Results Within 48 Hours - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Will Announce Election Results Within 48 Hours (17096 Views)

I Never Said Buhari Will Announce His Cabinet 'in A Few Days'---lai Muhammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Will Announce Election Results Within 48 Hours by Johnnyessence(m): 6:02pm On Feb 14, 2015
Birnin Kebbi – Hajia Amina Zakari, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) National Commissioner, has reiterated the commission’s determination to announce the presidential and governorship elections within 48 hours after voting.

She spoke on Saturday in Birnin Kebbi, Kebbi, during a public sensitisation and practical demonstration of accreditation and election processes.

Zakari said that the demonstration was to enable the commission to make amendments in areas of difficulty.

According to her, the demonstration will also enable electoral officers to be familiar with the process of accreditation and smooth election.

She appealed to registered voters to ensure they were in queue on time for accreditation, assuring them that collation of votes would be done properly after voting.

She said that the new modifications for the 2015 general elections would ensure free, transparent and fair elections.

Zakari said that changes in the date of the election had enabled the commission to perfect the process.

“The commission would treat observations and ensure smooth conduct of the election proper and to avoid hitches and criticisms’’, she said.

She also promised that adequate security would be provided at all stages of the elections.

According to her, the working relationship between INEC and security agencies is cordial. (NAN)

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/inec-will-announce-election-results-within-48-hours/
Re: INEC Will Announce Election Results Within 48 Hours by Johnnyessence(m): 6:04pm On Feb 14, 2015
good from them
Re: INEC Will Announce Election Results Within 48 Hours by Mayor21(m): 6:06pm On Feb 14, 2015
Good for them
Re: INEC Will Announce Election Results Within 48 Hours by phe44u(m): 6:06pm On Feb 14, 2015
I pray they can fulfil it when the result don't favour APC

6 Likes

Re: INEC Will Announce Election Results Within 48 Hours by baybeeboi: 6:07pm On Feb 14, 2015
you mean the civil war will start 48hours after d polls.
Great...
Anything am not ready for?

14 Likes

Re: INEC Will Announce Election Results Within 48 Hours by dgr8truth(m): 6:10pm On Feb 14, 2015
we expect that with the enormous independence being enjoy by INEC, they should be able to conduct free, fair, and credible elections.

2011 is a yardstick for this forth coming elections and I and others expect INEC and the president to live upto expectations and deliver on their promises on free, fair and credible elections.

Nigerians are wiser now, more confident in electoral processes, knowing that their PVCs are their right to CHANGE or continued TRANSFORMATION, all thanks to president #GEJ for creating a robust political atmosphere. Though some may play down this laudable achievement, it remains a fact that this president #GEj has given us the hope of choosing better leaders for our tomorrow.

#GEJForContinuedTransformation.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC Will Announce Election Results Within 48 Hours by pring: 6:20pm On Feb 14, 2015
If not for JonaTANs massive corruption and cluelessness for the past 6yr. 
He wouldnt have being going round for campaign. 
He wouldnt have being politically gasping for air. 
Buhari today is being celebrated because of Jonathans failures. 
Jonathans achivements exist only on papers and not on ground, imagine GEJ n PDP running TV adverts on AIT n NTA on catoons and animations simply becos they have nothing to show Nigeria.
Exconvicts are given national awards. 
I regret voting him and dumbo who signed a N9.3bn contract on purchase of cooking stoves from south Africa, 6day after Ngozi warned the nation to tighten their belt over her Austerity measure. 
I cant imagine this set of people run the affairs of this nation for the 4 yrs.
This time they have lost my household vote.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC Will Announce Election Results Within 48 Hours by clevvermind(m): 6:34pm On Feb 14, 2015
I hope buhari's thugs will not kill people again like in 2011.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Will Announce Election Results Within 48 Hours by clevvermind(m): 6:36pm On Feb 14, 2015
phe44u:
I pray they can fulfil it when the result don't favour APC
fulfil what?
Re: INEC Will Announce Election Results Within 48 Hours by eazisky(m): 6:40pm On Feb 14, 2015
that is if the election holds and no rigging....

1 Like

Re: INEC Will Announce Election Results Within 48 Hours by auntymi(f): 6:47pm On Feb 14, 2015
Kk
Re: INEC Will Announce Election Results Within 48 Hours by orobs93(m): 6:50pm On Feb 14, 2015
48 hrs too long nah..make una nor worry we go dey count am by ourself I go count my polling unit you go count your polling unit everybody go count his or her polling unit then we go send am give jega make him anounce

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Will Announce Election Results Within 48 Hours by GOALGATE: 7:00pm On Feb 14, 2015
NICE DEVELOPMENT
Re: INEC Will Announce Election Results Within 48 Hours by dre11(m): 7:01pm On Feb 14, 2015
Isn't that longundecided

Because alot of things could have gone wrong before the expiration of the time..... Because I would have preferred it to be announced after 24/30hrs when the poll must have ended

I just pray Nigerians get it right and INEC stays impartial during this election

1 Like

Re: INEC Will Announce Election Results Within 48 Hours by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 14, 2015
sad
Re: INEC Will Announce Election Results Within 48 Hours by kunlesehan(m): 7:01pm On Feb 14, 2015
Another lie!
it's not the speed of the announcement that matters but its accuracy.

1 Like

Re: INEC Will Announce Election Results Within 48 Hours by PassingShot(m): 7:01pm On Feb 14, 2015
pring:

Jonathans achivements exist only on papers and not on ground, imagine GEJ n PDP running TV adverts on AIT n NTA on catoons and animations simply becos they have nothing to show Nigeria.
I regret voting him and dumbo who signed a N9.3bn contract on purchase of cooking stoves from south Africa, 6day after Ngozi warned the nation to tighten their belt over her Austerity measure. 

Gbam!

At the topic,

Let's hope that Presidency/GEJ/NSA will not arm twist you guys to postpone the announcement as they forced the elections to be postponed this time because they're surelg losing this one.

5 Likes

Re: INEC Will Announce Election Results Within 48 Hours by siraj1402(m): 7:01pm On Feb 14, 2015
Ameen o

And GMB is the winner.........

6 Likes

Re: INEC Will Announce Election Results Within 48 Hours by tiamiyukunle69(m): 7:02pm On Feb 14, 2015
Before nko?
Re: INEC Will Announce Election Results Within 48 Hours by Nobody: 7:02pm On Feb 14, 2015
Re: INEC Will Announce Election Results Within 48 Hours by SomebodyLovesMe: 7:02pm On Feb 14, 2015
INEC needs to shut up for the time being, since PDP will seek ways to act on any info released, for their nefarious acts of desperation.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Will Announce Election Results Within 48 Hours by englishmart(m): 7:02pm On Feb 14, 2015
in Buhari's voice "bepore za aktuall eleksion we already know za winner
Re: INEC Will Announce Election Results Within 48 Hours by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 14, 2015
Dat will be good.
Re: INEC Will Announce Election Results Within 48 Hours by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 14, 2015
before you announce we done know the winner
Re: INEC Will Announce Election Results Within 48 Hours by PassingShot(m): 7:04pm On Feb 14, 2015
Let's hope that Presidency/GEJ/NSA will not arm twist you guys to postpone the announcement as they forced the elections to be postponed this time because they're surelg losing this one.
Re: INEC Will Announce Election Results Within 48 Hours by UnknownT: 7:04pm On Feb 14, 2015
The 2weeks time frame between the presidential and governorship election IMO is to carter for all post-election violence that may arise after the presidential election result had been announced. I hope Nigerians prove me wrong sha
Re: INEC Will Announce Election Results Within 48 Hours by Firefire(m): 7:05pm On Feb 14, 2015
Wonderful

Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan remains Nigeria President till 2019.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Will Announce Election Results Within 48 Hours by bizlifelines(m): 7:05pm On Feb 14, 2015
Nigeria will honor you Prof. Jega. Don't dash our hope.

Re: INEC Will Announce Election Results Within 48 Hours by Nobody: 7:06pm On Feb 14, 2015
APC will be destroy very soon ihsan Allah, gej till eternity

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Will Announce Election Results Within 48 Hours by tobilorba14(m): 7:06pm On Feb 14, 2015
pring:

no i dnt agri gej has done iz best dnt tel me u av nt cin apc cartoon advert

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Matthew Iduoriyekwemwen Submits His Form To INEC / APC Has No Business Presenting Candidate In Rivers - Governor Wike / FG To Transport Petroleum Products By Rail System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.