Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,287 members, 7,836,272 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

The Narrow Road That Leads To Godliness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Narrow Road That Leads To Godliness (662 Views)

Sex Between 12-3am Leads To Unanswered Prayers - Pastor / Ramlocator: An App That Leads You Where The Sallah Rams Are / The Narrow Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Narrow Road That Leads To Godliness by Kei144(m): 7:07pm On Feb 14, 2015
Mt. 7:13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.
Mt. 7:14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

From the spiritual point of view, there are two ways of life in this world. One way leads to eternal damnation; the other leads to glory.

Ge. 3:2 The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden,
Ge. 3:3 but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”
Ge. 3:4 “You will not surely die,” the serpent said to the woman.
Ge. 3:5 “For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

The two trees at the centre of the Garden of God represented the two ways of life. One way is based on the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Satan), while the other way is based on the tree of life (God). In Gen. 2:7, we see that God breathed into Adam the breath of life (the tree of life, Holy Spirit). Not long after that, Satan (the serpent, the tree of the knowledge of good and evil) went to tempt Adam and Eve. Satan even made it clear that the issue at stake is becoming an express image of God, and then told Adam and Eve to receive his own fruit in order to become an express image of God. Adam and Eve believed Satan and received his fruit of the knowledge of good and evil, even though God warned them that it leads to destruction.

Ph. 2:5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
Ph. 2:6 Who, being in very nature [Or in the form of] God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped.

When a new Adam (Jesus Christ) came to the world, he too was faced by the two way options. As soon as the tree of life (Holy Spirit) appeared to him, the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Satan) also appeared to tempt him (Mt 4:1). Satan told Jesus Christ that the way for him to become God of the world is to worship Satan. Jesus rejected Satan’s word and rather chose to submit totally to God.
Re: The Narrow Road That Leads To Godliness by Kei144(m): 7:56pm On Feb 14, 2015
[size=14pt]Small is the Gate[/size]

You must pass through a small gate in order to commence journey on the road that leads to life. Similarly, in order to follow the road that leads to destruction, you must also have to pass through a gate, but the gate happens to be wide (very accommodating). What are these gates? The gates are the two trees at the centre of the Garden of God. Through Adam and Eve, all their descendants passed through the wide gate and got unto the road that leads to destruction.

Ro. 5:18 Consequently, just as the result of one trespass was condemnation for all men, so also the result of one act of righteousness was justification that brings life for all men.

We were all born into the road that leads to destruction. God brought Jesus Christ into the world to save us from that road. He died on the cross in order for us to come off that road.

Mk. 16:15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.
Mk. 16:16 Whoever believes and is baptised will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

Jn. 3:5 Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, no-one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.

Ac. 2:38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptised, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Can you see the small gate? Jesus Christ himself passed through the small gate, as an adult. He was baptized by immersion in the River Jordan; thereafter, the Holy Spirit came upon him. He was born of water and the Spirit. Therefore, passing through the small gate involves baptism in water, followed by receiving the Holy Spirit. In other to receive the Holy Spirit, it has to be prayed for (Lk 11:13; Acts 19:5-6).

It is very unfortunate that churches have created wide gates, which they claim to be entrance to the road that leads to life. Consequently, majority of Christians are not on the way that leads to life.
Re: The Narrow Road That Leads To Godliness by Kei144(m): 8:39pm On Feb 14, 2015
[size=14pt]Narrow is the Road [/size]

The road that leads to a person becoming an express image of God is very narrow. God says that few people find it—a terrible word. What is this road that a person that I already born of water and the Spirit must follow in order to become an express image of God? It is absolute faith in God. “Faith in God”, as we hear in churches, I too wide; the intensification “absolute” makes it narrow enough. There is hardly any Christian in modern times that understands how narrow faith in God must be.

Ep. 2:1 As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins,
Ep. 2:2 in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient.
Ep. 2:3 All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature [Or our flesh] and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath.
Ep. 2:4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy,
Ep. 2:5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions — it is by grace you have been saved.
Ep. 2:6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,
Ep. 2:7 in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus.

Everyone who has been born of water and of the Spirit has exited the lineage of Adam and now belongs to Jesus Christ. Every such person has been raised up from the fall of man; not only that, the person is seated with God in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus. Real born again Christians have been raised to the same spiritual level as Jesus Christ.

He. 11:1 Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Mt. 8:5 When Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, asking for help.
Mt. 8:6 “Lord,” he said, “my servant lies at home paralysed and in terrible suffering.”
Mt. 8:7 Jesus said to him, “I will go and heal him.”
Mt. 8:8 The centurion replied, “Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed.

The Roman centurion knew that Jesus’ words carry authority. Jesus was amazed that a gentile could display such faith. Since the centurion believed so strongly, Jesus spoke into his situation and the word manifested immediately. The same Jesus spoke to us the words recorded as Eph. 2:6, quoted above. If you are really born again, do you believe that you are at the same spiritual level as Jesus Christ?

Ro. 8:16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.
Ro. 8:17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs — heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

Re: The Narrow Road That Leads To Godliness by Kei144(m): 9:34pm On Feb 14, 2015
Journeying on the Narrow Road

Lk. 12:15 Then he said to them, “Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.”
Lk. 12:22 Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear.
Lk. 12:23 Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes.
Lk. 12:29 And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it.
Lk. 12:30 For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them.
Lk. 12:31 But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.

Can you imagine when Adam was still in the Garden of God? Did he worry about stockpiling food and wealth, or about health? The reason why people in the world worry about food and wealth is because of the difficulties engendered by the fall of man. When people stockpile food and wealth, they have greater confidence in their ability to weather storms of life. As for the born again Christian, the Spirit of God is in him/her always. What storm of life is God not able to overcome? Therefore, instead of focusing on food and wealth, the born again Christian should be more occupied with making sure that there is no blockage in his/her relationship with God.

Jn. 8:29 The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him.”

Jn. 15:7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.

1Jn. 5:14 This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.
1Jn. 5:15 And if we know that he hears us — whatever we ask — we know that we have what we asked of him.

If a born gain Christian always pleases God, whenever s/he brings to God a genuine need, God meets the need. Therefore, there is no need to stockpile food or wealth; God will supply all needs just in time and just enough.
Re: The Narrow Road That Leads To Godliness by Kei144(m): 5:59am On Feb 16, 2015
February 16, 2015

[size=14pt]
THE TRUMPET by BILL BURNS:[/size]

You have heard Me, and you have listened. Now make that dynamic connection with Me that you so desire. It is by faith that you do so. All you must do is believe My word and position yourself to receive that which I am doing this day, in this hour, in this very minute. For, I have come to connect you to My life, to My power, to My joy, to My peace, so that you may know Me, fellowship with Me, and truly walk with Me, says the Lord. Today is a day of new beginnings for you, if you so choose.

http://www.ft111.com/

(1) (Reply)

Men Ought Always To Pray… / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Joins Youths For Morning Workout. Pics / Dream Interpretation Abeg - I Killed Someone And Committed Suicide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.