Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,725 members, 7,844,390 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Nairaland Supermods Should Be More Sensitive About Frontpage Titles - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Supermods Should Be More Sensitive About Frontpage Titles (544 Views)

We’ve Recovered Sensitive Boko Haram Documents—lai MOHAMMED / Doctored Budget: This Matter Is ‘sensitive’, Ita Enang Responds To Senate / Drama Trails Scrapping Of First Lady Titles, Offices In States-Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Supermods Should Be More Sensitive About Frontpage Titles by teemy(m): 12:35am On Feb 15, 2015
I would like to draw the attention of the nairaland administration that could mislead the reading audience as not all newpaper prints are read in full but mist titles are digested.

Osinbajo Blasts Jonathan For Attending OIC Meeting at 8:26am On Feb 04

compared to

Osinbajo Chides Jonathan For Attending OIC Meeting https://www.nairaland.com/2128900/osinbajo-chides-jonathan-attending-oic

VICE Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Professor Yemi Osinbajo, has chided President Goodluck Jonathan for being the first Nigerian leader to have attended the meeting of the Organisation of Islamic Countries (OIC) since Nigeria was surreptitiously enlisted by President Ibrahim Babangida in 1986.

The word 'blasts' seems to be common these days.

and

Adeboye Curses Pastors Collecting Bribes From Politicians at 11:41pm On Feb 04

compared to

Adeboye Curses Pastors Collecting Bribes From Politicians https://www.nairaland.com/2130608/adeboye-curses-pastors-collecting-bribes

Adeboye, said, “I read in the newspaper this morning that one of the serving governors in Nigeria said that some pastors in Nigeria collected N6bn from politicians for the purpose of influencing their members to vote a certain candidate in the coming elections.

May I humbly request that if there be any pastor or pastors who collected such money, they should please return such as quickly as possible before the fire of the Almighty consumes you .”

A warning from my point of view and not a curse declaration as the OP and supermod depicted.

The norm has always been to use question marks on unverified topics and to modify titles on frontpage titles as to what seems fit irrespective of original title by OPs.

Though the nairaland disclaimer reads "Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland." the supermods rule the frontpage and we should remember that the unguarded comments of just one radio presenter fueled an uprising that left around a million people dead in the hutu and tutsi skirmishes of rwanda. (watch the movie sometimes in april)

Though an action like stirring the pot might improve site traffic, we do need to take care of what it might generate to and take more resposibilities for our actions. But who knows, I simply might have misunderstood the english meant due to my poor grammar.

Wishing you well - Teemy

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Supermods Should Be More Sensitive About Frontpage Titles by Mynd44: 1:28am On Feb 15, 2015
Sensationality na

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Supermods Should Be More Sensitive About Frontpage Titles by okpamson15(m): 2:08am On Feb 15, 2015
Secounded
Re: Nairaland Supermods Should Be More Sensitive About Frontpage Titles by ABCthings: 5:24pm On Jan 23, 2019
Thirdconded angry
Re: Nairaland Supermods Should Be More Sensitive About Frontpage Titles by Daviddson(m): 5:39pm On Jan 23, 2019
Some other times, Lala combines two titles into one. grin

(1) (Reply)

Cant The World Do Something About ISIS And Boko Hram / The Many Contradictions Of Buhari / Obasanjo’s Membership Card Had Expired, Says pdp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.