Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,186 members, 7,953,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:30 PM

Vaginal Odour And Intimate Hygiene - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Vaginal Odour And Intimate Hygiene (1235 Views)

How Do I Tell My Fiancee She Has Vaginal Odour So That She Won't Feel Bad? / Female Genital Health And Hygiene: What Females Should Know / 4 Sure Fire Ways To Get Rid Of Mouth Odour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vaginal Odour And Intimate Hygiene by Nobody: 4:01am On Feb 15, 2015
Whenever the term vaginal odour is mentioned, the picture painted without reservation is a pussy with a foul-smell.

Though this cliché is associated with something unpleasant, it is important to understand that the term, odour could either be a pleasant or an offensive smell.

So rather than focusing on the bad smell, could it be that I will be discussing pleasant-smelling vaginas today?

Well, I wish I could, as this is what most women and their sexual partner’s desire. Nonetheless, let me reserve that for another day.

Today’s discussion will centre on vaginal stench which has the tendency of creating intimacy issues in relationships. At least I know of my friend’s situation, wishing her hubby goes down on her, but he also refuses because of… (Ouch, did I just say that?) That’s just by the way.

What is vaginal odour?

Vaginal odour occurs when a woman’s down below gives off an offensive smell due to poor hygiene, an infection or an overgrowth of any of the normal bacteria in the vagina. For example, an overgrowth of the bacteria Gardnerella vaginalis can result in Bacterial Vaginosis infection (BV).

According to webmd.com, BV has the symptoms of a strong fishy smell accompanied by a grey discharge.

Standard vs. abnormal smell: Naturally hidden between the thighs, it is normal for every vagina to have an odour. But that doesn’t mean it should smell bad.

In addition to its bizarre location contributing to its natural odour, other factors such as the presence of healthy and harmful bacterium existing inside the vagina (to keep the place in the right acidity level-approximately PH of 4.5), sweat from daily activities and hormonal changes from a woman’s menstrual cycle and even menopause result in an odour. The normal vaginal smell is mild and can be managed with good personal hygiene.

However, beyond these natural reasons, smells that are pungent, fish-like or very offensive must warrant a visit to the doctor since it could be the sign of an infection or something more than hormonal changes.

How to keep your vagina free from bad scent.

1.Keep pubic hair trimmed. It is best not to go bald on the hair around the vulva since it serves as a protective covering for the skin down there, says Jennifer Gunter, M.D., an ob-gyn and director of pelvic pain and vulvovaginal disorders at Kaiser Permanente San Francisco. Just trim the hair so that it doesn’t become a hub for sweat and other body fluids. Not only will you be facilitating a fresh smell when you keep the hair trimmed, you will also be making the place attractive for your partner too.

2.Avoid douching with intimate washes. According to the Women’s Health Facts sheet, 2015, douching can change the necessary balance of vaginal flora (bacteria that live in the vagina) and natural acidity in a healthy vagina. Douching to cover up vaginal odour will only make you susceptible to BV infections coupled with itching and inflammation of the vulva.

The vagina has a self-cleansing mechanism, which doesn’t need additional help from pleasant-smelling cleansers. A proper v-hygiene by washing with clean water during baths should be enough to keep the place free from odour. If you care to use soap, then go with the gentle soaps that do not have strong scents. Other than that, just stick to clean warm water and allow the self-cleansing mechanism of vagina do its work.

3.Wipe with a clean tissue after each visit to the wash room. You don’t want to have traces of urine, sweat and natural body discharges in your lingerie after visiting the washroom. Urine, when left down there over a period of time can result in sharp choky smell. Sweat and natural body discharges can also be eliminated once the place is wiped regularly. In place of tissue, you can use a baby wipe.

4.Wash before and after sex. Ensure that your partner’s hands are clean before playing around your genitals to prevent any form of infections introduced into the place. Wash the area right after sex too.

5.Carefully select your diet: Eat fresh fruits and vegetables and take in fruit juices such as pineapple juices, etc. Stay away from too much fried, fatty and spicy foods, excessive intake of onions and garlic, too much meat, etc. Also cut down on excessive alcohol intake.

6.Change pads and tampons when they get soaked.

7.No need for panty liners as they only add extra heat.

8.Wear cotton panties so that the place can breathe. Change clothes after exercise, or wash down so that sweat doesn’t dry up leading to bad smell.

9.Keep yourself hydrated by taking in enough water.

Be in tune with your smell so that you can detect any unusual changes for early treatment. Make it a point to visit the gynecologist at least twice a year for a thorough check up. Until next time, keep a clean vagina at all times.

http://www.rum704.com/2015/02/15/vaginal-odour-and-intimate-hygiene/

1 Like

Re: Vaginal Odour And Intimate Hygiene by kestolove95(m): 4:09am On Feb 15, 2015
Abg tell mi,u go fvck gurl ur prick go dey smell,u finger na war, ma frnd finger one gurl..as him dey go house fly dey follow am

1 Like

Re: Vaginal Odour And Intimate Hygiene by eleko1: 4:17am On Feb 15, 2015
lipsrsealed undecided embarassed @ OP,U are 100% on point.Those smelly kitten put one's off.but for the sex starved/rapist one,their moto is MAN MUST WaCK.Hence they gallop on Nor care embarassed sad
Re: Vaginal Odour And Intimate Hygiene by menix(m): 5:54am On Feb 15, 2015
I wish all 9ja gals wuld be privy to this information..
Today I find it difficult gettin close wiv any gal cous nofin scares mii nd puts mii off like dat stench..

Somtymz I feel its sickness on my side cous most of my guyz do anyfin on skirt nd dey don't complain.

1 Like

Re: Vaginal Odour And Intimate Hygiene by nwaanambra1(m): 6:24am On Feb 15, 2015
kestolove95:
Abg tell mi,u go fvck gurl ur prick go dey smell,u finger na war, ma frnd finger one gurl..as him dey go house fly dey follow am

damn it! u 'wiket' gan!! embarassed embarassed
Re: Vaginal Odour And Intimate Hygiene by iamodenigbo1(m): 7:23am On Feb 15, 2015
NOG TURNOFF

(1) (Reply)

How To Treat Whitlow / Igbo Professor Produced Antivirt, Anti Viral Drug Cure Aids In Just 2 Months / Mariguana Head Shop| Buy Marijuana Online| Buy Cannabis Oil Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.