Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

US To Jonathan: You Lied, We Are Yet To Receive Your Request To Fight Boko Haram - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US To Jonathan: You Lied, We Are Yet To Receive Your Request To Fight Boko Haram (2573 Views)

Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic / Pastor Adeboye Changes Profile Picture To Jonathan, Cover Photo To Osinbajo / Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US To Jonathan: You Lied, We Are Yet To Receive Your Request To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 8:24am On Feb 15, 2015
Maybe Okupe and Reno tweeted at the Pentagon. They shaa delivered the msssage somehow!
Re: US To Jonathan: You Lied, We Are Yet To Receive Your Request To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 8:30am On Feb 15, 2015
Funny man. How many Americans has Boko haram killed?

benarex:
I wonder if the US actually got an official request before they combatted militants in Afghanistan, Iraq, etc.

2 Likes

Re: US To Jonathan: You Lied, We Are Yet To Receive Your Request To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 8:33am On Feb 15, 2015
grin people dull sha. Haba. Did you read your post?

hushmail:
if no official request was made, why did the US come for the Chibok girls

US officials always lying to cover up the inadequacies

1 Like

Re: US To Jonathan: You Lied, We Are Yet To Receive Your Request To Fight Boko Haram by Bishop4bella(m): 8:35am On Feb 15, 2015
benarex:
I wonder if the US actually got an official request before they combatted militants in Afghanistan, Iraq, etc.

Jona lie naw imagine he lied he did not know election postpone.

Also they may not send any request.

2 Likes

Re: US To Jonathan: You Lied, We Are Yet To Receive Your Request To Fight Boko Haram by dunkem21(m): 8:40am On Feb 15, 2015
Kennywills7:
simply because u want gej out does not mean u should block ur sense of reasoning

The USA are playing with our minds, if u think they don't hv interest in dis elections u lied
They already hv links to a particular candidate already, there is nothing they will do without they own interest or personal gain
The USA refuse to assist Gej government and its a known fact all over d world
but some people are easy mislead so am not surprise

Lets see where dis hatred will take us

And they think we are fools. That is one reason I admire GEJ so much. He knew US mission, and has been tackling it head on. He levelled a hefty accusation against the US and you see them shitting in their pampers.

If I be Abati, I will take the US to the wet cleaners and side jab Obama.

''Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind. I have no fear for the atomic energy'' ... Bob

..and how long shall they kill our prophets, while we stand ..side and look ...Marley

..Have you ever been shot 41 times ...

..Have you ever screamed, and no one heard you cry

..Similar to Steven Biko ..
Re: US To Jonathan: You Lied, We Are Yet To Receive Your Request To Fight Boko Haram by allanphash7(m): 9:03am On Feb 15, 2015
Why is jonathan so much rejoice in lies, deceiving us and disgracing us internationally?

D same way he went on CNN saying dat Nigerian be b boast of 18 hours ctandby electricity

anyways sha

Meandmyfamilyhavedecided

2 Likes

Re: US To Jonathan: You Lied, We Are Yet To Receive Your Request To Fight Boko Haram by Kennywills7(m): 9:29am On Feb 15, 2015
[quote author=dunkem21 post=30745627]

And they think we are fools. That is one reason I admire GEJ so much. He knew US mission, and has been tackling it head on. He levelled a hefty accusation against the US and you see them shitting in their pampers.

If I be Abati, I will take the US to the wet cleaners and side jab Obama.

''Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind. I have no fear for the atomic energy'' ... Bob

..and how long shall they kill our prophets, while we stand ..side and look ...Marley

..Have you ever been shot 41 times ...

..Have you ever screamed, and no one heard you cry

..Similar to Steven Biko ..

[/quote
I feel u brother, let dem continue, we are watching! APC will not sell dis country to dem wen are still alive, we will resist it with our votes and our voice
All those that are desperate for change dat they don't know if its positive or negative will fall for dis but i won't
The desires of Nigerians for a better country and living condition is being exploited by d APC to cover their desperation for power and selfish ambitions
Those leading d anti corruption crusade are some of d most corrupt politicians we have around but suddenly turn saints with d slogan of change, only those easily deceive will fall for dis not me
Re: US To Jonathan: You Lied, We Are Yet To Receive Your Request To Fight Boko Haram by Change2015(m): 9:34am On Feb 15, 2015
Tallesty1:
So you actually believed this sourceless story? SMH

Go check out the Wall Street Journal for the story. Don't be lazy!

#change
#GMB
#APC
Re: US To Jonathan: You Lied, We Are Yet To Receive Your Request To Fight Boko Haram by bashydemy(m): 12:17pm On Feb 16, 2015
So GEJ is expecting US to just come down and fight Boko Haram without proper invitation? this man is the most Clueless president i swear.
Re: US To Jonathan: You Lied, We Are Yet To Receive Your Request To Fight Boko Haram by prosper(m): 11:55pm On Feb 18, 2015
U.S. considers surveillance to help Nigeria find girls: U.S. official

By Lesley Wroughton

WASHINGTON Thu May 8, 2014 4:51pm EDT

(Reuters) - The United States is considering a request by Nigeria to provide surveillance aircraft and intelligence to find more than 200 schoolgirls abducted by Islamist militants, a senior U.S. official told Reuters on Thursday.

"The Nigerians have asked for assistance in that area and we are considering it," Linda Thomas-Greenfield, U.S. assistant-secretary of State for African Affairs, said in an interview.

U.S. military, law-enforcement and development experts, including some skilled in hostage negotiations, started arriving in Nigeria on Thursday to help search for the missing girls and tackle the rising threat from Boko Haram. France, Britain and China have also offered help.

Thomas-Greenfield said the United States has worked with Nigeria since September on improving the African country's ability to fight Boko Haram following a request by Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan to President Barack Obama.

Obama has vowed to" do to everything we can" to help find the girls, whose April 14 abduction from a secondary school triggered international outrage.

A social media campaign, using the hashtag #BringBackOurGirls, has focused on the Nigerian government's response to the kidnappings and on Boko Haram's other attacks and kidnappings, which have terrorized local communities.

While Nigeria has sought help from the United States, the government had often been reluctant to take the advice, according to U.S. officials. Cooperation has also been complicated by international concerns about human rights abuses by Nigerian security forces in the northeast.

Human rights groups have highlighted illegal detentions, torture and deaths of prisoners at Giwa Barracks where the Nigerian military has imprisoned young men accused of being Boko Haram members in the past several years. Many prisoners held were bystanders rounded up in mass sweeps, rights groups say.

Thomas-Greenfield said Jonathan has been "very, very receptive" to the latest offer for U.S. assistance and assigned his national security adviser to work with the U.S. teams.

"I caution that we can't make this our own problem because Nigerians have to be front and center, we can't lead it and we can't fix it."

Speaking at the World Economic Forum being hosted in the Nigerian capital Abuja, Jonathan pledged to find the girls and thanked foreign nations for their support.

Thomas-Greenfield said Boko Haram was not just a security issue but also a development challenge faced by the Nigerian government in one of the poorest areas of the country.

"Boko Haram has been able to use the lack of development, the disaffection with the government, to entice young people to come into their fold," she said. "It is a double-edged sword that needs to be not only sharpened but also blunted."

She said problems with Boko Haram, which also operates out of neighboring Cameroon, had also highlighted the need to develop a regional strategy to fight increased Islamic militancy in parts of sub-Saharan Africa.

(Reporting by Lesley Wroughton; Editing by David Gregorio)

So it turns out there was an official request from the Nigerian Government to the Department of state

AND AS SOME MAY KNOW. A MUTUAL FRIEND AND I ALWAYS SAY "NO SOURCE, NO STORY" SO
HERE'S THE SOURCE: http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/08/us-nigeria-girls-usa-idUSBREA470YY20140508
Re: US To Jonathan: You Lied, We Are Yet To Receive Your Request To Fight Boko Haram by ISpiksDaTroof: 2:23am On Feb 19, 2015
benarex:

They attacked us and we went after them.

You feel free to do the same and stop being lazy, deceitful and typically "African".

Handle your own business and stop trying to shift it to others.
Re: US To Jonathan: You Lied, We Are Yet To Receive Your Request To Fight Boko Haram by bashydemy(m): 10:31am On Feb 19, 2015
ISpiksDaTroof:

They attacked us and we went after them.

You feel free to do the same and stop being lazy, deceitful and typically "African".

Handle your own business and stop trying to shift it to others.
Don't mind the yeye supporter of a clueless president.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Bombed Abuja Oct 1st; Begged Me To Blame North,” Henry Okah Claims. / See What Nnamdi Kanu Said In 2012 When He Led A Biafran Protest In UK(Pic+ Video / If U Knew Things Would Turn Out Like This, Would U Have Voted Out Gej?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.