Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,354 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Abortion: A Right Or a Crime? - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Abortion: A Right Or a Crime? (14613 Views)

Poll: Is abortion wrong?

Yes, Legally!: 2% (1 vote)
Yes, Morally: 29% (11 votes)
Yes, Both!: 35% (13 votes)
No, None!: 32% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

Having An Abortion: 95% Of Women Don't Regret It - Time Magazine / Doctor Arraigned For Allegedly Killing A Woman During Abortion / Is Abortion a bre*ast Cancer Risk? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abortion: A Right Or a Crime? by 2cantango(f): 3:34am On Mar 13, 2006
IBB:

GOVERNMENT- CRIME
INDIVIDUAL- RIGHT
NATURALLY- SIN

if u don't want to have the baby, take a lot of lime/lemon during the 1st 2 months of the pregnancy. . u can also indulge in things not healthy or strainous for a pregnant woman. if the kid isnt stubborn, he'll just wash away and we'll refer to it as miscarriage.

that doesnt mean u should get pregnant stupidly.

angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Abortion: A Right Or a Crime? by eslynera(f): 2:43pm On Apr 14, 2006
Aborting means no difference with killing, and killing is a sin. embarassed
Re: Abortion: A Right Or a Crime? by Greatpeter(m): 2:46pm On Apr 14, 2006
I think it's a crime.
A sin against God and crime against humanity!
Re: Abortion: A Right Or a Crime? by eslynera(f): 2:49pm On Apr 14, 2006
well yeah, sin/crime/cold killing/ embarassed
Re: Abortion: A Right Or a Crime? by kimba(m): 9:44pm On Apr 14, 2006
its plain and simple:

[size=14pt]MURDER!!![/size]

what makes it worse is that the victim had no opportunity to defend himself/herself!!

Think of it this way: If everyone on this forum had been aborted by their parents?
Re: Abortion: A Right Or a Crime? by 2cantango(f): 9:46pm On Apr 14, 2006
EXACTLY cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Abortion: A Right Or a Crime? by eslynera(f): 9:58pm On Apr 14, 2006
though sometimes not all peole enjoy doin it, they force themselves 4 sum reasons not understanding/remembering at the same time that they're killing. cry
It's somethin very bad to do, and i just wonder when it wil stop. There are many that God want to see the world, but they don't, they end up being aborted undecided cry cry cry
Re: Abortion: A Right Or a Crime? by nferyn(m): 11:51am On Apr 15, 2006
New research shows that the sensation of pain and the conscient processing of stimuli by infants might occur later than commonly thought.

A fetus does not posses the neurological machinery to process pain, nor to have any kind of awareness. Even the pain sensations of a newborn baby are very likely only reflexive reactions to ellicit a reaction from the parents.

The idea that abortion (except late term abortions) is the killing of a person can only be maintained on religious grounds. It has no scientific basis.

see:
http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2006/04/fetal_pain.php
Re: Abortion: A Right Or a Crime? by 2cantango(f): 8:01pm On Apr 15, 2006
Who gives a crap about science! A fetus if left alone will become a human being, nothing else, and to kill another human is murder. You can't sugar coat the truth, it is what it is.
Re: Abortion: A Right Or a Crime? by nferyn(m): 11:12am On Apr 16, 2006
@2cantango
So an acorn is an oak tree. Good to know. A fetus left alone will die without the mother. Calling a fetus a human is a religious opinion, not a scientific fact.

If you don't give a crap about science, why don't you refuse treatment when you're sick. After all, medicine is the product of scientific research.
Re: Abortion: A Right Or a Crime? by 2cantango(f): 5:30am On Apr 17, 2006
@nferyn:

for your information I don't take medicines.
Re: Abortion: A Right Or a Crime? by nferyn(m): 8:46am On Apr 17, 2006
2cantango:

@nferyn:

for your information I don't take medicines.
I just hope you won't catch a serious bacterial infection and will be in need of antibiotics. Take care.
Re: Abortion: A Right Or a Crime? by bolex(m): 5:24pm On May 15, 2006
well

abortion is a crime

cool

come to think of it

if you was aborted

would you be here typing ?
Re: Abortion: A Right Or a Crime? by DaHitler(m): 6:00pm On May 15, 2006
I do not know if abortion is a right or a crime.

However, it should not be illegal. People need to remember that it is better to have never existed/heaven (if it exist) than to live miserable life.
Re: Abortion: A Right Or a Crime? by eslynera(f): 8:09pm On May 19, 2006
it's a crime, duhh?
some'll have to feel guilty about that, if not then the person doesn't have a human heart! angry
Re: Abortion: A Right Or a Crime? by Oracle(m): 7:40pm On Sep 27, 2006
I believe itz a crime coz it has to do with unwanted termination of life not just life but Human Life

Re: Abortion: A Right Or a Crime? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 10, 2006
well if we say some things are bad then let it be bad to all concern

why would we say to a young girl it is murder but to a married women it is ok becos the life of the mother is at stake?

let say it as it is either white or black

no abortion for one no abortion for every
, and stop this desegregation selection

until u wear those shoes u wont know the trauma the females go thru. not every body comes from an understanding family

some will torture u till death or lead u to suicide i have seen it happen

so if it is bad let it be bad to every one concern and if it is good then let it be good to every
not to a selected few cos the mother is at risk, some pregnant women and girls go thru various life threatening risk at different stages some at child birth while others are child existence
Re: Abortion: A Right Or a Crime? by onyx79(m): 4:16pm On Dec 20, 2006
I WISH MORE LADIES WOULD CONTRIBUTE TO THIS DEBATE BUT IF A LADY OR GIRL CAN LOOK ONE IN THE EYE AND SAY SHE HAS ABSOLUTELY NO REMORSE FOR AN ABORTION, THEN, GOD HELP US. My view- its wrong.
Re: Abortion: A Right Or a Crime? by jaybaby(f): 7:20pm On Dec 20, 2006
It's a crime but when u think of all u will go thru in d hands of ur siblings ---Omo u wnt think Twice in removin it. sad sad
Re: Abortion: A Right Or a Crime? by kaylala(m): 11:28am On Dec 21, 2006
shocked
Re: Abortion: A Right Or a Crime? by POTUS(m): 3:24pm On Dec 28, 2006
its a personal descision to make,at the end everyone will account for their sins.personally i believe that that because the heart starts to beat in utero about the 4th week of life its EXCUSABLE ,but spiritually its wrong.we are all human beings with our shortcomings,we can never say how well react or what well do in a situation unless we are actually faced with it,so while being free to express our opinions lets remember that the remaining 4 fingers are pointed back at us. wink
Re: Abortion: A Right Or a Crime? by eslynera(f): 4:55pm On Jan 10, 2007
it's killing. murdering. assasination. commiting a crime. and all, it's just a terrible sin.
Re: Abortion: A Right Or a Crime? by jaybaby(f): 9:20pm On Jan 12, 2007
***Yawns***
Re: Abortion: A Right Or a Crime? by POTUS(m): 9:45pm On Jan 13, 2007
eslynera:

it's killing. murdering. assasination. commiting a crime. and all, it's just a terrible sin.
i@eslynera god forbid,but if u were raped by a vagrant/madman or several armedrobbers,what would you do?we can say we can never do something but when we are really faced with it, what do we do?we cant say until we are really faced with it.
Re: Abortion: A Right Or a Crime? by jaybaby(f): 5:11pm On Jan 14, 2007
God 4bid
Re: Abortion: A Right Or a Crime? by POTUS(m): 6:00pm On Jan 14, 2007
abi oh,god forbid,my non ui student sista wink
Re: Abortion: A Right Or a Crime? by Swissess(f): 2:41pm On May 07, 2009
kimba:

its plain and simple:

[size=14pt]MURDER!!![/size]

what makes it worse is that the victim had no opportunity to defend himself/herself!!

Think of it this way: If everyone on this forum had been aborted by their parents?

and so what? he or she would just not be here,

an abortion must be a very difficult thing for any woman. I cannot imagine that any woman does it light-heartet or frivolously!
a woman should have the right to decide if she wants the child or not. what if she got pregnant through rape?
that's why I am against criminalizing those women. they are not criminals or murderers!
since there is pregnancy there is abortion. women have always known how to do it.
by making it a crime, these women will not stop doing it. but they will have to do it illegally and that is usually not well done, eg not in a hospital or by a doctor,

when does life begin? that's a very ethical question and cannot be answered here.

I am against abortion. I am sorry for these women who are pregnant and cannot enjoy it. but I am also very much against a law deciding over my body.
Re: Abortion: A Right Or a Crime? by damiboy2(m): 3:02pm On Oct 31, 2009
In any situation abortion is not right.it is a delibrate killing an innocent baby,human being didnt see it as a crime but it is a crime in d sight of God.IT IS A CRIME MOooooooo. sad sad sad sad cool cool cool
Re: Abortion: A Right Or a Crime? by OgaMadam(f): 10:09pm On May 25, 2011
If it really wasnt so bad why does it leave so many casualties behind.

The baby is gone, but the grief NEVER stops.

People must just be honest, the moment you have to question something indicates that there is possibility of it being wrong.

PS. The grief never stops because although the body is killed, and your life is easier, ------- that soul can never be killed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2 Good Drug To Use For Your Heavy Cough This Dry Season / Twitter Helps Suicidal Lady Overcome Depression. See How / 10 Amazing Health Benefits Awolowo Leaf-asikoherbs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.