Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Omokri Threatens Legal Action Against Saharareporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omokri Threatens Legal Action Against Saharareporters (10605 Views)

Nigerian Army Writes PREMIUM TIMES, Talks Tough, Threatens Legal Action / Kwankwasiyya To Ganduje: Remove Red Cap Within 2 Days Or Face Legal Action / Samuel Ikon Writes US Ambassador, Threatens Legal Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omokri Threatens Legal Action Against Saharareporters by ochejoseph(m): 4:46pm On Feb 15, 2015
The Special Assistant to President Goodluck Jonathan on New Media, Reno Omokri, has threaten to drag Saharareporters to court if it fails to publish an apology within three business days over what he termed a malicious story published by the New York based online news medium.

In a letter by Omokri’s lawyer, Iyoke Michael, noted that the story titled, “Jonathan’s Aide, Omokri Burglarizes House in Delta, Carts Away N25, Million Meant For Buying Votes” is completely false and a damage to the reputation of his client.

“Be it known to you that Mr. Omokri did not lead armed men to a residence in Warri or any other place. The last time my client visited Warri was in December of 2012.

My client has been in Abuja for the past one week. On Tuesday the 10th of February 2015 when you falsely alleged that my client led armed men to burglarize a property in Warri, my client was at his office in Asokoro in the company of witnesses and received visitors, he also performed pastoral duties to members of the congregation of a local church over which he is a pastor,” the letter reads.

Mr.Iyoke said he is at a loss as to how Saharareporters came about the story that his client led armed men to burglarize a property in Warri, berating the publication for failing to cross check facts via investigation before going to press.

Recalled that Saharareporters, Tuesday, alleged that Omokri led armed men to a residence in Warri to cart away N25 million.

Read full statement below:

I refer to your story about my client entitled ‘Jonathan’s Aide, Omokri Burglarizes House in Delta, Carts Away N25, Million Meant For Buying Votes’ and do state that your story iscompletely false and that you did not investigate the facts before libelling my client, Mr. Reno Omokri.

Be it known to you that Mr. Omokri did not lead armed men to a residence in Warri or any other place. The last time my client visited Warri was in December of 2012.

My client has been in Abuja for the past one week. On Tuesday the 10th of February 2015 when you falsely alleged that my client led armed men to burglarize a property in Warri, my client was at his office in Asokoro in the company of witnesses and received visitors, he also performed pastoral duties to members of the congregation of a local church over which he is a pastor.

In the weeks before then my clients had either been in Abuja or out of the country ministering and attending to his family. At no time in the last two years has my client travelled to Warri, a fact which is provable.

Therefore, we are at a loss as to how you came about your story that my client led armed men to burglarize a property in Warri. Your website may be a soft sell medium, but that does not take away your responsibility to cross check facts via investigation before going to press.

Please be advised that we demand that you publish an apology within 3 Business Days or my client will institute libel proceedings against you in New York State from where you operate to clear his name of the false allegations you made against him on your site.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/omokri-threatens-legal-action-against-saharareporters/#sthash.ElE9aGCz.dpuf

Re: Omokri Threatens Legal Action Against Saharareporters by YouthsPC0: 4:48pm On Feb 15, 2015
Hmmmmmm Sahara reporters Living on Lies since 1935

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omokri Threatens Legal Action Against Saharareporters by ArchEnemy(m): 4:50pm On Feb 15, 2015
Verify your stories before you post. Simple!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Omokri Threatens Legal Action Against Saharareporters by Toktee(m): 4:50pm On Feb 15, 2015
RUBBISH,,GRADUALLY YOU GUYS ARE ACTING LIKE REAL OPPOSITION.,UNA NEVER SEE ANYTHING.
make i go find shoe wey i go use march4buhari.

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omokri Threatens Legal Action Against Saharareporters by ManMountain(m): 4:51pm On Feb 15, 2015
Every PDP member is threatning with one case or the other. grin

46 Likes

Re: Omokri Threatens Legal Action Against Saharareporters by auntymi(f): 5:13pm On Feb 15, 2015
Brb
Re: Omokri Threatens Legal Action Against Saharareporters by nke001: 5:20pm On Feb 15, 2015
Very soon na monikerz for nairaland these politicians will start sueing.

27 Likes

Re: Omokri Threatens Legal Action Against Saharareporters by jingh(f): 5:34pm On Feb 15, 2015
na only threat d fool sabi

3 Likes

Re: Omokri Threatens Legal Action Against Saharareporters by chymystique(f): 5:39pm On Feb 15, 2015
Sahara reporters spreading lies and propaganda since time memorial.. Another media extension of APC

16 Likes

Re: Omokri Threatens Legal Action Against Saharareporters by Nobody: 5:39pm On Feb 15, 2015
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Omokri Threatens Legal Action Against Saharareporters by SaiBuharii: 5:42pm On Feb 15, 2015
Sahara Reporters...PDPs worst nightmare since 1999.

That's how they will do public propaganda that they are going to court just like Obanikoro was making noise. See the letter sef. It was not addressed to anyone...abi na holy spirit wan go court with them?

33 Likes

Re: Omokri Threatens Legal Action Against Saharareporters by ayusco85(m): 5:42pm On Feb 15, 2015
Sambisa sorry sahara reporters what do u plead? Guilty or not guilty?

1 Like

Re: Omokri Threatens Legal Action Against Saharareporters by simplemach(m): 5:42pm On Feb 15, 2015
He should take it easy o. He needs wisdom in handling that BH sponsored media.
Re: Omokri Threatens Legal Action Against Saharareporters by gidistar: 5:42pm On Feb 15, 2015
[size=16pt]President Jonathan needs our help to leave office Honourably! So if u hv ur PVC pls hlp shw him d way out![/size]

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omokri Threatens Legal Action Against Saharareporters by DrPrickson: 5:43pm On Feb 15, 2015
This is some serious allegations oooo. Not just apologies. Sir demand 25milion naira from them. Some media houses are nothing but propaganda device in the hands of APC.

1 Like

Re: Omokri Threatens Legal Action Against Saharareporters by frodobee: 5:43pm On Feb 15, 2015
Hmmmm courting a lawyer.
I wonder what journalism is turning into, paid sycophants.
I think its high time one of these *hitty news houses is sued to clearly state the limit of FOI as it is currently being abused by same people who refused to accede to FOI in their domain.
I am waiting to see how it pans out.
Re: Omokri Threatens Legal Action Against Saharareporters by okoviv2sure(m): 5:43pm On Feb 15, 2015
What is journalism turning into?
Re: Omokri Threatens Legal Action Against Saharareporters by Zico5(m): 5:44pm On Feb 15, 2015
Why legal action if u re sure u have a clean hands. These people believe they can use the power they enjoyed anyhow. This is democracy, any media house has the right to publish whatever they see or hear. U re in the best position to counter the allegation. If u re taking sahara reporters up over minor issue like this, what of the Obj issue in which he was alleged of willing to impose himself as interim president. Omokri should face the real business.
Re: Omokri Threatens Legal Action Against Saharareporters by itetemi: 5:44pm On Feb 15, 2015
wetin dey do them ...............dey never serious, the guy should go and sit somewhere. joker

1 Like

Re: Omokri Threatens Legal Action Against Saharareporters by Samneer: 5:44pm On Feb 15, 2015
like I care
Re: Omokri Threatens Legal Action Against Saharareporters by igbsam(m): 5:45pm On Feb 15, 2015
Season of Suing is Here....

Please feel free to sue any moniker that's been witch-hunting you on Nairaland. My chamber is here to offer you our services for a token

2 Likes

Re: Omokri Threatens Legal Action Against Saharareporters by arewatech(m): 5:45pm On Feb 15, 2015
Reno Omokery grin

You never see anything, until you're in the opposition come June. You go enter court taya tongue

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omokri Threatens Legal Action Against Saharareporters by tunapawizzy: 5:45pm On Feb 15, 2015
Funny man
Re: Omokri Threatens Legal Action Against Saharareporters by Nobody: 5:46pm On Feb 15, 2015
Re: Omokri Threatens Legal Action Against Saharareporters by amuniiopz(m): 5:46pm On Feb 15, 2015
first it was the one with running mouth FFK
later was the master rigger OBANIKORO
and now its this noisemaker OMOKRI
SAHARA keep doing your good work....!!!
we the righteous ones are with you

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omokri Threatens Legal Action Against Saharareporters by pring: 5:46pm On Feb 15, 2015
Anyone that says the truth shall be threatened by a law suit or with his military and branded opposition.
The Nigerian judiciary, Police Force and Military is now a caricature.
APC is trying to hack into INEC's data base, only for INEC to say they dont have a Data base online.
GEJ's pull them down attitude keeps working against him.

If not for JonaTANs massive corruption and cluelessness for the past 6yr. 
He wouldnt have being going round for campaign. 
He wouldnt have being politically gasping for air. 
Buhari today is being celebrated because of Jonathans failures. 
Jonathans achivements exist only on papers and not on ground, imagine GEJ n PDP running TV adverts on AIT n NTA on catoons and animations simply becos they have nothing to show Nigeria.
Exconvicts are given national awards. 
I regret voting him and dumbo who signed a N9.3bn contract on purchase of cooking stoves from south Africa, 6day after Ngozi warned the nation to tighten their belt over her Austerity measure. 
I cant imagine this set of people run the affairs of this nation for the 4 yrs.
This time they have lost my household vote.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omokri Threatens Legal Action Against Saharareporters by Nobody: 5:46pm On Feb 15, 2015
I'm here to mark attendance. angry angry
Re: Omokri Threatens Legal Action Against Saharareporters by Deem: 5:46pm On Feb 15, 2015
I work in saharareporters and I am assuring you, the organization will respond with a valid proof!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omokri Threatens Legal Action Against Saharareporters by Goahead(m): 5:47pm On Feb 15, 2015
Gentle political thug
Re: Omokri Threatens Legal Action Against Saharareporters by dandydrey(m): 5:47pm On Feb 15, 2015
Land for sale.. Beware of APC!!!
Re: Omokri Threatens Legal Action Against Saharareporters by Bashirfuntua(m): 5:47pm On Feb 15, 2015
Sahara report: we dont make jokes we just watch
the government and report the fact
Obasanjo: i will stand by the truth even if it will
cus my life.
Jega: there must be free, fair and credible
election.
APC: we continue with the fact so nigerians will
still see reason to vote our party.
PDP: we'll use force, propaganda, thugs, rig
intimidate among others to make sure we
continue steeling.
The powerful N igerians: we must change.
click like for GMB.

23 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

John Kerry To Lead US Delegation To Buhari Inauguration-AFP / Understanding Nigeria’s High Poverty Rate: The Upper, Middle And Lower Class / Ajimobi, Obasanjo And Gowon At IITA 50th Anniversary Dinner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.