Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,529 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Jonathan And Buhari May Hold Fence-Mending Meeting Outside The Country - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan And Buhari May Hold Fence-Mending Meeting Outside The Country (20138 Views)

Uniform: Buhari May Back Customs Boss Against Senate / Buhari May Extend 10-day Trip — Sahara Reporters / Jonathan, Buhari May Hold Fence-mending Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan And Buhari May Hold Fence-Mending Meeting Outside The Country by LRNZH(m): 3:24am On Feb 16, 2015

The Peoples Democratic Party Presidential candidate, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan and his All Progressives Congress counterpart, Maj.Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) may meet before the March 28 presidential elections.

The PUNCH gathered on Sunday that the meeting which might hold outside the country was to establish rapport between the two contenders before the election.

A source close to the Presidency said, “We are trying to broker a meeting between the two leaders.

“The way the presidential electioneering is going may create serious divisions among Nigerians. We need to stop this.

“Apart from this, I think there is serious apprehension in the camp of the President that if Buhari wins, he’s going to jail a lot of President Jonathan’s supporters for alleged corruption.

“This is one of the issues that is causing serious tension in the camp of the President and we also need to make sure that in whatever we do, there must be peace in the country.”

It was learnt that the claim by former President Olusegun Obasanjo that Jonathan was afraid that Buhari could jail him was real after all.

A top member of the ruling PDP, who also spoke with our correspondent on the condition of anonymity said, this fact could not be denied by the party and the Presidency.

He said, “You have listened to the press conference by our campaign office and we didn’t deny that aspect. But we dealt with other issues.

“That statement by former President Obasanjo is real. It is true and we all know that. But we know that very soon, the meeting which we are hearing is being coordinated by some concerned leaders, might address that.”

Obasanjo had on Saturday said, ‘‘I believe the President’s fear is particularly motivated by whom he sees as his likely successor, that is, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari. I believe people would have been telling him that Buhari is a hard man; he will fight corruption and he (Jonathan) may end up in jail if not in the grave. I think people would have told him that sort of thing and he is not the only one afraid of Buhari.’’

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-buhari-may-hold-fence-mending-meeting/

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan And Buhari May Hold Fence-Mending Meeting Outside The Country by Guapo(m): 3:28am On Feb 16, 2015
Chai grin

Jonathan's camp are expecting a cold defeat. So cold the reaction would be like that of this monkey. embarassed

#otuoke #oyoyo

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jonathan And Buhari May Hold Fence-Mending Meeting Outside The Country by Nobody: 3:33am On Feb 16, 2015
No soft landing for a thief like this president and his thiefing crew. They must account for every penny they stole or squandered.

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan And Buhari May Hold Fence-Mending Meeting Outside The Country by peleson: 3:35am On Feb 16, 2015
Fake APC insinuations! The president has said in media chat that more than 70% of what we read on news papers and news are fabricated lies . Ofcos this kind of news will make them make money because people will rush n buy

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan And Buhari May Hold Fence-Mending Meeting Outside The Country by Nobody: 3:39am On Feb 16, 2015
Jonathan has already accepted defeat

35 Likes

Re: Jonathan And Buhari May Hold Fence-Mending Meeting Outside The Country by LRNZH(m): 3:47am On Feb 16, 2015
Segeggs:
Jonathan has already accepted defeat

This is a better option for GEJ than the Interim National Govt idea they are mooting. A soft landing for GEJ and his cronies if they will expose all the corrupt loopholes PDP has been fattening on.The Gbagbo option will be too bad for GEJ, Diezani, Okupe and others. Wisdom beckons.

APC and GMB should look into this proposal for its merits. It is the peaceful way out of a dicey situation especially with a dimwit like GEJ who is unpredictable and can unwittingly sink the whole ship for a dumb reason.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan And Buhari May Hold Fence-Mending Meeting Outside The Country by egift(m): 3:52am On Feb 16, 2015
Chai, they are asking for immunity from prosecution after years of looting spree. They want Buhari to concentrate with just things that happen from May 29th 2015 and above.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan And Buhari May Hold Fence-Mending Meeting Outside The Country by Nobody: 4:37am On Feb 16, 2015
Punch - APC's media wing

19 Likes

Re: Jonathan And Buhari May Hold Fence-Mending Meeting Outside The Country by ORACLE1975(m): 5:20am On Feb 16, 2015
but why?
Re: Jonathan And Buhari May Hold Fence-Mending Meeting Outside The Country by AgentOfAllah: 5:33am On Feb 16, 2015
Guapo:
Chai grin

Jonathan's camp are expecting a cold defeat. So cold the reaction would be like that of this monkey. embarassed

#otuoke #oyoyo

That's a gorilla, not a monkey, you racist!!! tongue

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan And Buhari May Hold Fence-Mending Meeting Outside The Country by koikoi2(m): 5:33am On Feb 16, 2015
When u see a propaganda u will know immediately.
APC is just feeding d public with rubbish .
Let me make it clear now GMB will never be President of this country . it's not possible.
GEJ will win d election with a margin .

GEJ til 2019

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan And Buhari May Hold Fence-Mending Meeting Outside The Country by focus7: 5:36am On Feb 16, 2015
Nigerian are set to flush out Mr corruption.

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan And Buhari May Hold Fence-Mending Meeting Outside The Country by gbadexy(m): 5:52am On Feb 16, 2015
This is getting interesting. This report is coming from another mainstream media outlet.
There just might be an element of truth in it.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan And Buhari May Hold Fence-Mending Meeting Outside The Country by LRNZH(m): 5:56am On Feb 16, 2015
cc: Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy, Ishilove, Maclatunji, OAM4J

1 Like

Re: Jonathan And Buhari May Hold Fence-Mending Meeting Outside The Country by adebayo201: 5:56am On Feb 16, 2015
janus05:
Punch - APC's media wing

BUSTED

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan And Buhari May Hold Fence-Mending Meeting Outside The Country by ManMountain(m): 5:57am On Feb 16, 2015
Allison oloju-eja Madueke and all her men must go to jail, fayose is 100 years is kirikiri! grin grin cheesy

22 Likes

Re: Jonathan And Buhari May Hold Fence-Mending Meeting Outside The Country by ManMountain(m): 5:59am On Feb 16, 2015
janus05:
Punch - APC's media wing
When mainstream media start to report such without fear, elements of truth dey inside. Dey dia dey deceive yaself

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan And Buhari May Hold Fence-Mending Meeting Outside The Country by san316(m): 5:59am On Feb 16, 2015
This is what we call "coercive diplomacy" while negotiating, you continue with the offensive. I'm sure that while they are brokering the rapport, AIT will continue bashing GMB.

All I want is peace for my country.

all I don't want is GEJ as my president.

35 Likes

Re: Jonathan And Buhari May Hold Fence-Mending Meeting Outside The Country by figment232(m): 6:01am On Feb 16, 2015
Another Apc propaganda frm d pit of hell.

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan And Buhari May Hold Fence-Mending Meeting Outside The Country by Jorussia(m): 6:02am On Feb 16, 2015
I don't believe in sending people to jail for donkey years, all i want from GMB is to recover all our stolen money,from both APC and PDP Crooks.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan And Buhari May Hold Fence-Mending Meeting Outside The Country by ionsman: 6:12am On Feb 16, 2015
Buhari just tell him you wont jail him and his corrupt crew then when you ascend the throne,you jail them.
After all, people change.

20 Likes

Re: Jonathan And Buhari May Hold Fence-Mending Meeting Outside The Country by Zeezy99: 6:12am On Feb 16, 2015
koikoi2:
When u see a propaganda u will know immediately.
APC is just feeding d public with rubbish .
Let me make it clear now GMB will never be President of this country . it's not possible.
GEJ will win d election with a margin .

GEJ til 2019
when you guys say this 'GEJ till 2019' you say it with so much foolishness and arrogance as if the election will only be conducted in your villages, wake up to reality dude.
on the topic, i think its not a bad idea, a little compromise well we can live with that.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan And Buhari May Hold Fence-Mending Meeting Outside The Country by bewla(m): 6:13am On Feb 16, 2015
Not again
Re: Jonathan And Buhari May Hold Fence-Mending Meeting Outside The Country by Rexsul: 6:24am On Feb 16, 2015
I dey laugh.....mainwhile sai Buharia!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan And Buhari May Hold Fence-Mending Meeting Outside The Country by Gogetta(m): 6:30am On Feb 16, 2015
ionsman:
Buhari just tell him you wont jail him and his corrupt crew then when you ascend the throne,you jail them.
After all, people change.
May God bless you! He can pardon Gej sef then skin Diezani alive.

15 Likes

Re: Jonathan And Buhari May Hold Fence-Mending Meeting Outside The Country by phlemzy: 6:34am On Feb 16, 2015
They can still soft-land on well arranged Mouka foams inside prison.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan And Buhari May Hold Fence-Mending Meeting Outside The Country by halimaabi: 6:35am On Feb 16, 2015
LIES FROM THE PIT OF HeLL APc is a devil party.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan And Buhari May Hold Fence-Mending Meeting Outside The Country by benosky(m): 6:36am On Feb 16, 2015
If GMB nd GEJ can both come to a common ground, i foresee GMB pardonin GEJ only if he can refund his loot. But for d likes of Deziani, Okupe, ffk, Fayose, obanikoro, okonjo. Na jail sure pass.

27 Likes

Re: Jonathan And Buhari May Hold Fence-Mending Meeting Outside The Country by Sunymoore(m): 6:36am On Feb 16, 2015
If and only if I were GEj, I will beg Buhari to forgive and forget my crimes and PDP Crimes if he wins, then ill conduct free and fair election.

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan And Buhari May Hold Fence-Mending Meeting Outside The Country by M4gunners: 6:38am On Feb 16, 2015
Useless APC fabrication. Buhari no go smell Aso Rock . How is he going to fight corruption with thieves surrounding him?

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan And Buhari May Hold Fence-Mending Meeting Outside The Country by Nobody: 6:46am On Feb 16, 2015
Wow ..soft-landing... He shld ve waited to crash-land naa

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Declare State Of Emergency In Benue, Taraba Now –miyetti Allah / Femi Fani-Kayode Visits Kwankwaso At His Residence (Photos) / APC Presidential Campaign Council Meeting (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.