Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,798 members, 7,834,695 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Morning Devotion: A Mother's Love 1 Samuel 1:21-2-11 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Morning Devotion: A Mother's Love 1 Samuel 1:21-2-11 (397 Views)

Can God Send Evil Spirit To The People According To 1 Samuel 16:14-15? / Morning Devotion: A "Must Read" Book Acts 8:26-35 / Obasanjo, Oyedepo’s Lives In Danger – Prophet Oladele Samuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Morning Devotion: A Mother's Love 1 Samuel 1:21-2-11 by graluxxy054(f): 6:44am On Feb 16, 2015
It's often difficult for parents to "let go" of their children, allowing them to be independent. Because of the strong emotional bond, this is especially true of mothers. They like to keep their children close as long as possible.
My wife and I have experienced this firsthand as our two older girls have moved on to life on their own (one is away at college; one is married). I know how difficult it is for my wife to see her little girls leave home. Of course, it's not easy for daddy either!
Imagine letting go when your child is small, as Hannah did with Samuel. For us today, that kind of sacrifice is inconceivable. Yet that's what Hannah and Elkanah did.
This mother's sacrifice was remarkable as an example of complete trust in God. Notice what Hannah said after she dedicated her son to God's work: "My heart rejoices in the Lord" (1 Sam.2:1). She didn't express bitterness or anger- just total release of her only child, knowing that God's work and will for him were best.
Releasing our children to the Lord and His will for their life demands great faith. As our children grow up, we need to prayerfully entrust them to God's care. If we do, we'll experience the peace and joy that God loves them even more than we do.
>>> J. David Branon.

GOOD MORNING

(1) (Reply)

Open Heaven By Pastor Adeboye Visit Www. GOSPELKIN. .com / Remember The Duck / Spiritual Digest For The Day 20th Of March 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.