Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,898 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Can God Send Evil Spirit To The People According To 1 Samuel 16:14-15? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can God Send Evil Spirit To The People According To 1 Samuel 16:14-15? (1061 Views)

Pastor Sharp Sharp: I Suck Women’s Breasts To Deliver Them From Evil Spirit / Why Would A Loving God Send People To Hell fire? / How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can God Send Evil Spirit To The People According To 1 Samuel 16:14-15? by ipreach: 9:02am On Jan 17, 2016
during our search the scriptures today, my leader read 1 Samuel 16:14-15 which says thus:
'Now the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD terrorized him. Saul’s servants then said to him, “Behold now, an evil spirit from God is terrorizing you.''

Now my question is: Can God really send evil spirit to HIS people as He did to Saul and what sin can somebody commit to attract ''evil spirit front the LORD. ?
Re: Can God Send Evil Spirit To The People According To 1 Samuel 16:14-15? by David0(m): 9:16am On Jan 17, 2016
ipreach:
during our search the scriptures today, my leader read 1 Samuel 16:14-15 which says thus:
'Now the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD terrorized him. Saul’s servants then said to him, “Behold now, an evil spirit from God is terrorizing you.''

Now my question is: Can God really send evil spirit to HIS people as He did to Saul and what sin can somebody commit to attract ''evil spirit front the LORD. ?

Well, from what I see, that verse u quoted has answered ur question.
Thr r two kinds of spirit..The Spirit of God and that of evil. U either have one of those.

God didn't send d evil Spirit to torment Saul, the spirit of God only left him, paving way for d devil to take control.

Op, what happens when u turnoff the light, darkness I believe?

2 Likes

Re: Can God Send Evil Spirit To The People According To 1 Samuel 16:14-15? by lomprico(m): 9:21am On Jan 17, 2016
David0:

Well, from what I see, that verse u quoted has answered ur question.
Thr r two kinds of spirit..The Spirit of God and that of evil. U either have one of those.

God didn't send d evil Spirit to torment Saul, the spirit of God only left him, paving way for d devil to take control.

Op, what happens when u turnoff the light, darkness I believe?
Did u skip the part that says " an EVIL spirit FROM the Lord terrorised him"

2 Likes

Re: Can God Send Evil Spirit To The People According To 1 Samuel 16:14-15? by jayriginal: 9:33am On Jan 17, 2016
lomprico:

It's just shameless how some people try to escape the obvious.
Re: Can God Send Evil Spirit To The People According To 1 Samuel 16:14-15? by AlexCk: 9:58am On Jan 17, 2016
lomprico:

I have learnt that using the intellectual aspect to understand the Word of God is in vain, specially when u read some parts in the Holy Bible, God shall grant us the spirit of understanding so that our heart/mind shall be enlightened.
Remember not to look at God's words as some kind of physics theory (or science actually). God help us.
Re: Can God Send Evil Spirit To The People According To 1 Samuel 16:14-15? by ipreach: 10:21am On Jan 17, 2016
My worry is on this line: "an EVIL spirit FROM the Lord terrorised him"
Re: Can God Send Evil Spirit To The People According To 1 Samuel 16:14-15? by lomprico(m): 11:40am On Jan 17, 2016
AlexCk:

I have learnt that using the intellectual aspect to understand the Word of God is in vain, specially when u read some parts in the Holy Bible, God shall grant us the spirit of understanding so that our heart/mind shall be enlightened.
Remember not to look at God's words as some kind of physics theory (or science actually). God help us.
Yeah yeah! This is the usual excuse I get when ever there is a debate like this. 'you can comprehend all u read', 'you don't have d spirit backing to understand', bla bla
But when it d tithe verse is pure as it is.
Re: Can God Send Evil Spirit To The People According To 1 Samuel 16:14-15? by AlexCk: 11:43am On Jan 17, 2016
lomprico:

Yeah yeah! This is the usual excuse I get when ever there is a debate like this.
Yeah, everything is not always 1+1=2, bruv.
Re: Can God Send Evil Spirit To The People According To 1 Samuel 16:14-15? by lomprico(m): 11:46am On Jan 17, 2016
AlexCk:

Yeah, everything is not always 1+1=2, bruv.
But d one for tithe is. undecided
Re: Can God Send Evil Spirit To The People According To 1 Samuel 16:14-15? by AlexCk: 11:51am On Jan 17, 2016
lomprico:

But d one for tithe is. undecided
Lol, the one-tenth stuff is important too, just that some churches dey use am flex, dey chop people
Re: Can God Send Evil Spirit To The People According To 1 Samuel 16:14-15? by lomprico(m): 11:56am On Jan 17, 2016
AlexCk:

Lol, the one-tenth stuff is important too, just that some churches dey use am flex, dey chop people
What is God is not asking for 10% of your money?
What if its another spiritual eye not opening or uncomprehending verse that means entirely something different??
Re: Can God Send Evil Spirit To The People According To 1 Samuel 16:14-15? by AlexCk: 12:03pm On Jan 17, 2016
lomprico:

What is God is not asking for 10% of your money?
What if its another spiritual eye not opening or uncomprehending verse that means entirely something different??
Lol, what if it's the money N nt "the something different" u r trying to insinuate.??.
Re: Can God Send Evil Spirit To The People According To 1 Samuel 16:14-15? by David0(m): 1:27pm On Jan 17, 2016
lomprico:

What dat means is simple, God was d one who permitted the evil spirit to enter Saul. Don't forget Saul is also an anointed, and also under God's protection. No evil wud come to him if God doesn't permit it.

But like I said earlier, where thrs light, darkness cannot be thr, the only way d evil will enter Saul is if God departs frm Saul. That was what happened.

In all, God is not evil, but God has powers above all powers, the devil has no right whatsoever over any man God has chosen, he must take permission frm God b4 any attempt just like Job.
Re: Can God Send Evil Spirit To The People According To 1 Samuel 16:14-15? by onlynaija: 2:05pm On Jan 17, 2016
Life doesn't support vacuum. Since the Spirit of the Lord left him, the evil spirit came in to occupy the space. Thanks
Re: Can God Send Evil Spirit To The People According To 1 Samuel 16:14-15? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 17, 2016
According to Daddy Kenneth E. Hagin (the original hewbrew for the scripture was in the permissive sense. But the English translation had no correponding permissive sense at the time, d verbs were translated into the causative). Also, according to James 1:17 "ALL GOOD... Come from GOD" & Acts 10:38 "the Holy Ghost healed those oppressed by the devil". So if evil comes from somebody, d person can be said to be evil. But we know oppression is not good and we can see that the Holy Ghost set free those oppressed by the devil. So how can "bad" cast out bad if the bad is not of a higher power which is "good" (Luke 11:17 -22). And 2Cor 13:1 has proved God is not evil because we just mentioned more than a place of God's goodness. Therefore, the LORD permitted an evil spirit to come because Vacuum is not permitted by nature.
Re: Can God Send Evil Spirit To The People According To 1 Samuel 16:14-15? by lomprico(m): 3:08pm On Jan 17, 2016
AlexCk:

Lol, what if it's the money N nt "the something different" u r trying to insinuate.??.
What Am trying to insinuate is that its people like you who twist the words of d bible to suit their selfish intentions to intimidate, scare, hoodwink, scam, deceive the gullible many.
Re: Can God Send Evil Spirit To The People According To 1 Samuel 16:14-15? by AlexCk: 3:47pm On Jan 17, 2016
lomprico:

What Am trying to insinuate is that its people like you who twist the words of d bible to suit their selfish intentions to intimidate, scare, hoodwink, scam, deceive the gullible many.
i feel insulted that u'll just judge me cuz u feel i twisted something in the bible, by referring to statements like "people like me", u dont knw me, n my beliefs, we r just two guys chatting, trying to learn a thing or 2, so u best knw how to relate things. Others would have insulted u, but i wouldn't, cus it takes "people like me" to brush off words when "people like u" feel dey are smarter or know something dey think dey know but don't actually
Re: Can God Send Evil Spirit To The People According To 1 Samuel 16:14-15? by lomprico(m): 5:47pm On Jan 17, 2016
AlexCk:

i feel insulted that u'll just judge me cuz u feel i twisted something in the bible, by referring to statements like "people like me", u dont knw me, n my beliefs, we r just two guys chatting, trying to learn a thing or 2, so u best knw how to relate things. Others would have insulted u, but i wouldn't, cus it takes "people like me" to brush off words when "people like u" feel dey are smarter or know something dey think dey know but don't actually
I apologise if u feel insulted, there is no other way I would have put it.
Re: Can God Send Evil Spirit To The People According To 1 Samuel 16:14-15? by AlexCk: 6:53pm On Jan 17, 2016
lomprico:

I apologise if u feel insulted, there is no other way I would have put it.
yeah, its cool bro. u need answers but, the fact is, i need answers too, sometimes believing it seems weird, but mehn, im happy im serving God, n im sure u are too, that's what's important.
Re: Can God Send Evil Spirit To The People According To 1 Samuel 16:14-15? by ipreach: 7:34pm On Jan 17, 2016
David0:

What dat means is simple, God was d one who permitted the evil spirit to enter Saul. Don't forget Saul is also an anointed, and also under God's protection. No evil wud come to him if God doesn't permit it.

But like I said earlier, where thrs light, darkness cannot be thr, the only way d evil will enter Saul is if God departs frm Saul. That was what happened.

In all, God is not evil, but God has powers above all powers, the devil has no right whatsoever over any man God has chosen, he must take permission frm God b4 any attempt just like Job.

i understood a little.

Thanks
Re: Can God Send Evil Spirit To The People According To 1 Samuel 16:14-15? by ipreach: 7:37pm On Jan 17, 2016
onlynaija:
Life doesn't support vacuum. Since the Spirit of the Lord left him, the evil spirit came in to occupy the space. Thanks

what am actually confused at is the line that said

''And the evil spirit from the Lord came upon Saul.''
Re: Can God Send Evil Spirit To The People According To 1 Samuel 16:14-15? by onlynaija: 8:21pm On Jan 17, 2016
ipreach:

what am actually confused at is the line that said

''And the evil spirit from the Lord came upon Saul.''
That is the interpretation. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Wrongly Banned For Statement I Didn't Make / Top 10 Richest Pastor's In The World / I Didn't Apologize To Oritsejafor, Oyedepo, Others - Pastor Musa Dikwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.