Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,700 members, 7,831,184 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

What Is Wrong With This Popular Picture Of Jesus ?? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Wrong With This Popular Picture Of Jesus ?? (3732 Views)

How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died / Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? / 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With This Popular Picture Of Jesus ?? by 4C2215131: 11:54pm On Feb 18, 2015
Always thought he looked effeminate and gay. Too "ajeish". The Jesus of the Bible was a carpenter's son who I suppose helped out in the workshop. Kinda real stretch of the imagination to picture that long haired, red-lipped, slim, long and well manicured fingers holding a hammer and a chisel!
Re: What Is Wrong With This Popular Picture Of Jesus ?? by vooks: 4:41am On Feb 19, 2015
No sir,
'Long' is relative.
Start thinking. Long according to you is not long according to Paul.
Jews were not into arts as such unlike the Greco-Romans. Nobody knows exactly what 'length' Paul considered 'long' or 'short'
The Talmud won't help you, it required priests to trim their hair once in a month...nothing exists nowhere on a Jew's hair length.

The earliest depictions of Jesus were heavily influenced by the culture the artist came from. Some even have him bald, bearded, others without a beard, others with long hair and yet others with short cropped hair.

At most, he must have had more rugged looks than mostly portrayed. But one thing you nitpicking negroes can't authoritatively do is to 'correct' artists. You are just a bunch of wannabe critics trying too hard to pick errors without any better knowledge.

johnw74:

Long, 2000 years ago still means long today,
does Jesus have short hair in those pictures in the OP,
if not then He has long hair in those pictures.
If He didn't have short hair 2000 years ago, then He had long hair,
but he didn't, He had short hair.

1Co 11:14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?

Re: What Is Wrong With This Popular Picture Of Jesus ?? by johnw74: 5:01am On Feb 19, 2015
vooks:
No sir,
'Long' is relative.
Start thinking. Long according to you is not long according to Paul.
Jews were not into arts as such unlike the Greco-Romans. Nobody knows exactly what 'length' Paul considered 'long' or 'short'
The Talmud won't help you, it required priests to trim their hair once in a month...nothing exists nowhere on a Jew's hair length.

The earliest depictions of Jesus were heavily influenced by the culture the artist came from. Some even have him bald, bearded, others without a beard, others with long hair and yet others with short cropped hair.

At most, he must have had more rugged looks than mostly portrayed. But one thing you nitpicking negroes can't authoritatively do is to 'correct' artists. You are just a bunch of wannabe critics trying too hard to pick errors without any better knowledge.

And you obviously put what you think is knowledge above scripture.

1Co 11:14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?
Re: What Is Wrong With This Popular Picture Of Jesus ?? by vooks: 5:04am On Feb 19, 2015
How LONG is 'long'? How many inches,centimeters?
Any scriptures on that?
johnw74:

And you obviously put what you think is knowledge above scripture.

Re: What Is Wrong With This Popular Picture Of Jesus ?? by CAPTIVATOR: 12:27pm On Feb 20, 2015
vooks:
How LONG is 'long'? How many inches,centimeters?
Any scriptures on that?

YOU speak exactly the way a smoker will enquire : u told me not to smoke " which scripture? , chapter ?, verse" is smoking written in scripture ? !
NATURE NEVER CHANGE
ANSWER THIS :

1) THE PICTUREs UPLOADED by THE op contain a long hair ? YES OR NO.

2) test NATURE : WILL you not call such hair " long" if you found it on a man ??
Re: What Is Wrong With This Popular Picture Of Jesus ?? by vooks: 1:18pm On Feb 20, 2015
You are highly impervious to reason. If you can't convince a smoker on his errors, then your theology is presumptuous
CAPTIVATOR:

YOU speak exactly the way a smoker will enquire : u told me not to smoke " which scripture? , chapter ?, verse" is smoking written in scripture ? !

NATURE NEVER CHANGE
ANSWER THIS :

1) THE PICTUREs UPLOADED by THE op contain a long hair ? YES OR NO.
they have long hair

2) test NATURE : WILL you not call such hair " long" if you found it on a man ??
I would call such long

Now, over to you.
What makes you imagine that what is long to vooks is what Paul regarded as 'long'?
Between vooks and and Paul we have different cultures separated by over 2000 years
Re: What Is Wrong With This Popular Picture Of Jesus ?? by johnydon22(m): 2:11pm On Feb 20, 2015
vooks:
You are highly impervious to reason. If you can't convince a smoker on his errors, then your theology is presumptuous

they have long hair

I would call such long

Now, over to you.
What makes you imagine that what is long to vooks is what Paul regarded as 'long'?
Between vooks and and Paul we have different cultures separated by over 2000 years

Hey vooks i kinda understand your point but long is long . . . everyone will agree those pictures there have longs hairs but my problem is
"Why dah heck should a dude say that long hairs is an abomination? So if i decide to wear my own hair it becomes an abomination... hmmm middle finger to paul or who ever wrote that crap"
Re: What Is Wrong With This Popular Picture Of Jesus ?? by vooks: 2:24pm On Feb 20, 2015
Johny,
it is true long is long but nobody can dogmatically insist that that hairlength is 'too long' for a first century Jew. It pays to be honest; we lack sufficient information to make that call
johnydon22:

Hey vooks i kinda understand your point but long is long . . . everyone will agree those pictures there have longs hairs but my problem is
"Why dah heck should a dude say that long hairs is an abomination? So if i decide to wear my own hair it becomes an abomination... hmmm middle finger to paul or who ever wrote that crap"
Re: What Is Wrong With This Popular Picture Of Jesus ?? by johnydon22(m): 2:34pm On Feb 20, 2015
vooks:
Johny,
it is true long is long but nobody can dogmatically insist that that hairlength is 'too long' for a first century Jew. It pays to be honest; we lack sufficient information to make that call

Hey vooks boss i clearly understand you but even in the bible jews rock long hairs and it was never against their law... e.g Absalom son of david.

I dont know where paul got that crap from and whats it business with jesus..

Tho am not a theist but If Jesus had long hairs and years later some dude came and say long hairs is an abomination and so?

Did Jesus ever say that? was paul supposed to dictate for Jesus?

Assuming jesus rocked long hairs and years later after his demise paul said long hairs is an abomination should it then influence the way u see jesus? should it make u paint him to have short hairs? if really he had long hairs whether Paul like it or not it still doesn't change anything.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jesus' Tomb Revealed. Jesus Wasn't Resurrected / Information On Catholic And Anglican Churches / Who Is This Joseph Ayo Babalola - Biography

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.