Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice (32906 Views)

I Just Got Two Jobs(taking Both)praise God! / Undecided Over Two Jobs Offers!!! Please Advice / How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by Olasultan(m): 7:21pm On Feb 16, 2015
AB microfinance Bank is foreign owned with better work ethics than where you presently are. If you are considering the future like in 2-3 years time.you are better off by far with AB Microfinance.

4 Likes

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by 12ema: 7:22pm On Feb 16, 2015
tochimajesty:
My good people of nairaland and beyond, Pls I am presently working as a biometric staff with diamond bank as a contract staff. But I got offer from AB micro finance as a loan officer. The pay for diamond is 50k while that of AB is 70k. The diamond work come wit no stress while the AB micro finance is loaded wit stress and the threat to meet target. Pls give me your good advice my dear brothers.

I would advice you to leave the stress free job and migrate to the one loaded with stress. At least that is all we crave in life; more stress and high blood pressure. cool

5 Likes

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by follaj: 7:22pm On Feb 16, 2015
Diamond is the best option for now until you will get a better offer

1 Like

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by DICKtator: 7:22pm On Feb 16, 2015
Jarus:
Stay with Diamond bank, if not for anything, because of the brand. You can use the Diamond Bank brand to get better opportunities in the banking sector.

Also, some of these MFBs are not that stable. They cut pay at will, delay salaries, tie salaries to targets and all that.

Even a whole you? Typing this?
With due respect to your opinion ,I don't think brand matters in his case. What matters is career progression and what he has set out to attain on a personal level.
If he has at least 6/8 months experience in Diamond bank,that is a enough "brand" experience for career progression. Experience as a loan officer,which is more challenging than the monotonous biometrics would expose him to more skills.
At the end, it all borders down to what course the op intends to chart in his career that would strategically place him towards the zenith of the Maslow pyramid!

The bad part of leaving Diamond is that their ladies are finer than AB's!!

grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by Kx: 7:24pm On Feb 16, 2015
Fact is whether u are in Diamond or d Microfin, soon ur performance will be cash deposit mobilization target driven.
Plan on leaving d industry with time if u hate d word "target", meantime, hang with Diamond instead of d Microfin for now

1 Like

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by dokunbam(m): 7:25pm On Feb 16, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Stay with Diamond there's room for growth and they are more reliable. 20k is not worth the stress

Which candidate do you think would drive the most improvement in Nigeria healthcare services?

Vote and stand a change to win cinema ticket or recharge card

Vote Here
Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by Nobody: 7:26pm On Feb 16, 2015
I will advise you to leave the diamond bank job, The 70k is just for your probation period,by the time you are confirmed your salary will rise. Forget all the target stuff, its not as bad as you think.

2 Likes

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by nairalandbuzz(m): 7:27pm On Feb 16, 2015
Dont stay with diamond bank at all... Being a contract staff is rubbish.... I know what I am saying. Go to the microfinance bank and there, u will b able to grow truly
Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by wordcat(m): 7:28pm On Feb 16, 2015
Aystarz:

Bro, u never chichomchin ooo.... The struggle is defo real.!

Chichomchin
Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by joshuaidibia(m): 7:29pm On Feb 16, 2015
tochimajesty:
My good people of nairaland and beyond, Pls I am presently working as a biometric staff with diamond bank as a contract staff. But I got offer from AB micro finance as a loan officer. The pay for diamond is 50k while that of AB is 70k. The diamond work come wit no stress while the AB micro finance is loaded wit stress and the threat to meet target. Pls give me your good advice my dear brothers.
Na so bank dey pay low? bro,take the 70k own o. but still,pray God should give u a better job. 50-70k is too small. But all the same, be grateful to God for the job you have. Many ppl dey fast and pray for Jobs like that or even cheaper.
Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by vicbussi: 7:30pm On Feb 16, 2015
my brother i beg u. Leave diamond bank for that ab as a loan officer. If u want to grow on ur career start it very rough now, nothing good comes easy contract job in is a waster destiny with the that offer as a loan officer u can get an offer ina commercial banks as an experience staff. But nt with an experience as bvn staff which is only for six month or one yr. My advise

2 Likes

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by Nobody: 7:32pm On Feb 16, 2015
shocked I will move! Extra 240k in a year is good money. In addition; it comes with challenges that build your career and enrich your CV. Gather all cash while you're still Young.

1 Like

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by Nobody: 7:34pm On Feb 16, 2015
Instead of staying with APC where there is hope and future of a better Nigeria, you want to join PDP because you heard that Chief Obasanjo has quit, thinking you can replace him undecided
Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by Aystarz: 7:41pm On Feb 16, 2015
wordcat:

Chichomchin

New Lagos jargon for the phrase "see something "
Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by Amhappy(f): 7:41pm On Feb 16, 2015
Jarus:
Stay with Diamond bank, if not for anything, because of the brand. You can use the Diamond Bank brand to get better opportunities in the banking sector.

Also, some of these MFBs are not that stable. They cut pay at will, delay salaries, tie salaries to targets and all that.

A great advice from the master. Op your decision.
Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by DICKtator: 7:41pm On Feb 16, 2015
tochimajesty:
Do you have the opportunity to develop yourself? Cos working in Diamond ,at a low level managerial position,should by no means be stressful or you are having the time of your life there,by working with machines and not developing yourself career-wise?
Dude,wake up,do a cost/benefit analysis to decide what you really want. You can add these,in no particular order, to your criteria:
a) the location of both. Which would save me more money?
b) career progression? Which one would place me in a competitive advantage? Note that having at least 6 months experience in Diamond is a enough to boosts one CV!
c)if you are the "money type", find out if there are incentives as a loan officer(someone on this thread claimed there are!)
d) benefits: I do not know what your contract letter is all about in Diamond but being a full staff at AB MFB,you would be entitled to pension deductions(saving for the rainy days! And healthcare services with a registered HMO)
Figure out the rest

Jarus alluded to the fact that most MFBs are not stable which is quite true but I expect the op to have done investigations about the new place he applied to. He would have discovered that they have multiple foreign investors which gives it an aura of stability!.

And with your skills/experience, you can implement ideas at the MFB where it may easily stand out and be considered in contrast to a larger organisation as Diamond.
The ball is in your court though and only you can decide what you want.

grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by tochimajesty: 7:44pm On Feb 16, 2015
Men All these advices are scary but at the same time welcomed. But out of two things, one thing must happen
Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by SeunMighty(m): 7:45pm On Feb 16, 2015
Working as Biometric staff in diamond has boosted your CV but you need where you can create a career path.Pls you contract will end soon and no room for renewal quickly leave thier Contract offer and embrace new challenge of being a full staff of AB ...

2 Likes

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by wordcat(m): 7:45pm On Feb 16, 2015
Aystarz:

New Lagos jargon for the phrase "see something "

Lol naija and slang
Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by Ultimate300(m): 7:48pm On Feb 16, 2015
Hmmm, naija, in ths ur write up, you already point out where you want people to advice you,,,
Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by janvier27(m): 7:51pm On Feb 16, 2015
Don't leave diamond for mfb. But keep searching for a more dependable job. The contact will not continue for ever. There is better prospect of getting a good job while with diamond than it would be if you are with that mfb.
Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by sleemfesh: 7:56pm On Feb 16, 2015
I thought they said there's no job in Nigeria and this one here is torn between two jobs. Nice.

Anyway, my input is, check yourself, if you are up to the target thing and have the skills, take it. You cannot ask for more pay without being able to put in more work. As a person who has sat on both sides of a job interview table I will tell you that if you take the higher paying one without being able to deliver, you are on track rushing to joblessness.

Microfonance banks have been repositioned and can't close as quickly as before. Diamond's is contract staff levels. Do you think the need for that position will last long enough for you to get absorbed in the bank or get a better job? Those are the things to consider.

1 Like

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by yomanovic: 7:58pm On Feb 16, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Stay with Diamond there's room for growth and they are more reliable. 20k is not worth the stress

Very good avdvice. @op meeting target hard o.
Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by exboyeminent(m): 7:59pm On Feb 16, 2015
My bros stay with diamond bank.. With time u'll get promoted... I pray the Lord will guide and elevate you....
Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by Wealthyone: 8:05pm On Feb 16, 2015
kayLion:
Well, for me o, I would say u should leave a contract job and move to a more stable job, AB is a loan company and giving out loans is kinda smooth..u have a bonus that you'll earn at the end of each month on your loan disbursed. It's better than a commercial bank where your are on Contract. 70k Normal staff is better 50k Contract staff...my 2cents

U spoke my mind jare Kaylion. Contract staff in comm banks are dismissed anyhow.

1 Like

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by tochimajesty: 8:07pm On Feb 16, 2015
I am learning a lot from all I have been reading here
Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by eromspete(m): 8:13pm On Feb 16, 2015
you have a tough choice to make but i see THREE options here:
1 - Stay put at Diamond Bank and continue your contract position
2 - Accept the new Loan Officer position with all the TARGETS to achieve on a monthly basis
3 - Reject the current offer and keep applying for more favorable position at same or a different company.

I think you should try to ask someone working in the bank (AB microfinance) what its like not to achieve targets.

Mehn i wish you all the best o. wink

2 Likes

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by xenten: 8:20pm On Feb 16, 2015
My friend, it depends on your life goal. You can be a contract staff with Diamond Bank for a longer time than you anticipate. Banks usually don't like absorbing contract staff to full staff. Trust me I know.The job with a Microfinance Bank might be challenging and there is opportunity to learn Banking. Biometric staff(not professional) is just a data capture function. Loan officer, you have the opportunity to build yourself as a marketer and a Credit Officer. I am not advising you based on the money. You have the chance to also add additional qualifications to yourself if you work with the Mircofinance Bank cause you will have time to go to school.

2 Likes

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by holyokoto(m): 8:23pm On Feb 16, 2015
Guy, to my Experience if i were You I will stay with DIAMOND FOR NOW
Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by bodeoni: 8:29pm On Feb 16, 2015
Most people think you should stay at Diamond bank. I think you should take on more responsibility by taking the Loan Officer gig. You said you are a contract staff registering people for the bank verification thing- this is the definiton of a dead end job bro, a job that doesn't build you. You will probably be doing the same thing till your contract expires.
The loan officer gig on the other hand will build you and allow you exert yourself the more.

Imagine these 2 instances in your CV
1. KYC Contract Staff
Diamond Bank
Duties
Registered an average of 100 customers daily
Prepared monthly progress reports

2. Loan Officer
XYZ Microfinace bank
Duties
Increased customer base of bank by 15% within 6 months
Consulted with and helped 10 SME customers get loans to enlarge their buisnesses
Met monthly targets of ...
Envisioned and initiated SME loan scheme increasing the amount of people who got loans by 10% in 4months

Which of the 2 makes more sense to you

P.S those achievments are made up, I don't really know what exactly a loan office does.

Cheers

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

N-power: What Brand And Model Of Tablet Would be Given To Participants ? / How Many Megabites Are In 1 Gigabite? / He Missed An Interview Because…….

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.