Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,027 members, 7,835,490 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” (70192 Views)

Letter Shared By A Muslim Brother About Boko Haram & Islam (Photo) / Amaechi Is Visibly Worried In Picture With Obasanjo...what Could It Be About? / Pic Of What CNN Just Tweet About Boko Haram Using Apc Campaign Bill Board. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by Mrbigman1(m): 12:52am On Feb 17, 2015
jingh:
On what charge would gej send obj 2 jail, d only human deserving jail is gej for ruining himself and nigeria

Please do me favour and explain hw he did the ruining.
Thanks
Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by lexxylalas2(m): 12:57am On Feb 17, 2015
GenBuhari:
Jonathan destroyed Jonathan.

Thief Obasanjo really destroyed Nigeria.
A goat is wiser than you for that statement and it's my advice that you watch ur tongue or else ur generation may end up being gate men and house helps to GEJS generation.
Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by blaqtom(m): 1:01am On Feb 17, 2015
sammyj:
Why will this corrupt administration want BH to stop when they are seriously benefiting from the menace they created through lack of job creation and poverty in the country. They budgeted large amount of fund (security vote) to combat BH without procuring any arm for our gallant well respected army. Rather than fighting corruption within the army and his administration the clueless one resorted in defending his in competencies by saying stealing is not corruption. OBJ is right on point here and his words should not be overlooked when our incoming president the peoples general assume office come May 2015.

Sometimes u guys dont think was obj not also in govt...what did he do to alleviate poverty in the northern area? Was Jonathan the first president in Nigeria?
Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by Mrbigman1(m): 1:02am On Feb 17, 2015
rileyy:

#FYI: nobody wld b forced to wear hijab, you jst have to be dressed modestly which is also in christianity. Pentescostals has changed the way it used to be. All thanks to the Anglicans n Catholics
- you don't want your arms amputated then don't steal
- you scared of being stoned to death then stay away from fornication, for christ sake the bible also condemn this act.
- sharia doesn't forbid you frm holding hands with you spouse(s), just don't do that to another man's wife, if you want to co-habit get married and do it in a decent way.
Muslim and christian don't have problems living together is just you type spreading hates and islamphobia amongst and those politicians who go about spreading lies to score cheap political scores. I've friends living in RSA who are christians and they truely really wish that nigeria wld if not all borrow some sharia law into political affairs, ask those in Qatar, UAE, Bahrain if they will say otherwise. Our problem here is not the sharia law of a thing but quest to show which religion is superior to the other. Ya'ol are hypocrites, God's watching

U started vwey well and ended woefully.
D problem with d sharia ish is not d law it self it's d people you re living with who practices it.
Wen a Musilm sees u eating a pock meat den he'd stone u to death as well right?
Dia re a lot of things to it which obj did not even condsider before passing d law for his selfish reasons
Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by lastpage: 1:05am On Feb 17, 2015
mekaboy:
i remember i asked in one thread why nobody is blaming obj for bokoharam. Why would he allow sharia in our constitution?

I dont have to tell you that you're a SLOWPOKE!

The 1999 Constitution that we are still using, was written by the Military, under the leadership of Gen. Abdusalami.
It was those Military guys that "smuggled Sharia" into the constitution, it was passed before OBJ even got released from his political detention under Abacha.......
......OBJ has NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

Maybe you should ask: WHY JONATHAN has not been able to remove it since the last SIX YEARS he was President?

Anuofia!

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by OLUJOSHINS(m): 1:06am On Feb 17, 2015
kastonkastrol:
Obj just tell us who is behind boko haram and quit beating around the bush. Goddamn it

I thought U had a brain

READ BETWEEN THE LINES.
Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by OLUJOSHINS(m): 1:08am On Feb 17, 2015
aanumama:
Obasanjo, you brought this on us, thank God you're living to regret it.

LMAO.

Regret wetin?

Them bomb him house?
Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by lastpage: 1:14am On Feb 17, 2015
sandland:
Why do supporters' of Gej always explain his inaction with that of others. What did so so and so do. If you know that you can't move us toward please go and sit down.

Like someone said, "A good Product needs no hard sell".
let what you have done speak for you.
It was Fashola's performance that was speaking for him during his Second term bid...and he won without stress.

When you see a Jonathan's Govt spending Billions of naira to propagate a Train or some decrepit project, and you see "Advert budget" being ten times of "project Budget" ...then you should know Jonathan don carry im people enter "one Chance". grin grin

I just pity the Alaigbo with their rabid support for this sinking project called Jonathan.
Only a stewpid fly dey follow dead-body enter Grave.
Maybe that is the only choice they have being very "myopically-tribalistic"

Lastpage!

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by Senjuchiha: 1:20am On Feb 17, 2015
Birth of A monster
Mohamed Yusuf is widely accepted to be the original leader of the proscribed militant Islamic group commonly referred to as Boko Haram.
What most of you are not aware of is the original composition of Yusuf's inner circle which were drawn not from the vast population of poor ignorant masses in the north but from very educated young men of privileged background.
What most of you also are not aware of is that the radicalization of these young men did not begin with Yusuf or in some rundown Madrasah that dots northern Nigeria but in lecture halls in universities across northern Nigeria. They came to Yusuf because they could identify with his own very radical message.
The group gots it's nick name Boko Haram for its opposition of western styled education and mainly because the group was composed of young privileged and highly educated young men who turned their back on the world preferring a return to classical medieval Islamic society. Public destruction of certificates was done to woo more young men into their fold.
The group unsurprisingly continued to enjoy wide spread support among young northerners because of the energetic, vibrant and new perspective they offered. Within a short time, the group started to draw negative critism fom the old established clerics who not only frowned about their radical views but saw their own popularity wane in the midst of younger Muslims who preferred what Yusuf had to offer.
This critism will lead to both false and truthful allegations by the clerics to the authorities on the extent of the radicalization Yusuf was offering the youth. The security apparatus then swung in to investigate the activities of Yusuf and his group and severally he was "invited" to the police station to clarify issues. This only made Yusuf more popular among the youth and gave him an air of fighting the established order. The north was witnessing its first ever revolutionary character.
Yusuf sensing the new twist to his personality and movement will capitalize on his new found fame and status by pumping up the rhetoric even further. This is when the crooked politicians got to notice this young charismatic man. His popularity they (politicians) thought, could be used to their advantage and before long Yusuf added another feather to his influence and ego. With Politicians patronizing Yusuf and soliciting for his support base, things were bound to get to his head.
Here was this young man of humble background and limited education surrounded by children of the elite and the poor masses at his beck and call now getting visits from prominent local, state, regional and national political figures.
Before long the politicians began to use Yusuf's supporters to carry out violent attacks on their opponents for a fee paid to Yusuf off course.
This only made Yusuf more notorious with the security agents. But anytime he or any of his members were picked up both their highly placed political associates and the influential relatives of his Lieutenants swung into action to spring him out of custody.
Before long Yusuf built an air of impunity for himself and his members since they were always let go Scott free after any of their violent skirmishes within Borno. It didn't take long for concerned individuals to petition the DSS about Yusuf and before long he was picked up during the second tenure of Obasanjo and was held for a long period by the DSS. This was the time Yusuf met Asari in detention.
But eventually, Yusuf was released back into society and his aura had taken up legendary status.
This is a man that even the federal government could not convict.
From here on, grand delusions of grandeur began to set in and Yusuf thought he had everything at is disposal to take out the Nigerian state.
We thus, cannot exclude the influences of Yusuf's inner circle and their connections to the corridor of power in our polity in incubating the monster boko haram.
This goes to show that the Boko Haram insurgency has its roots in the northern oligarchy.
Abdulmutalab is a good example of how a young privileged and educated northern youth can become radicalized.
This is were the maitassine movement differs completely with that of Boko Haram.
The maitassine movement was drawn from the poor dredges of northern Nigeria. The maitassine movement was effectively dealt with because the northern oligarchy saw it as a revolutionary movement ( which it was) challenging their authority and dominance and as such this was why the group was completely isolated and summarily destroyed.
The case with Boko Haram is different as the group is intertwined with the northern oligarchy.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by Senjuchiha: 1:22am On Feb 17, 2015
If Hausa people get sense they should understand that OBJ's love romance with GMB, is because he has consulted Owu deity and discovered that GMB will die in office because of work load as a result of his ill health. So that Osibanjo would succeed thereby retuning power to Yoruba land. Hausa people think, think with your Gods given brain.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by discusant: 1:27am On Feb 17, 2015
Obasanjo does not appear to know what Boko Haram has repeatedly says it wants. Boko Haram says it wants a country friendly with practice of Sharia CRIMINAL laws like stoning women for adultery, cutting off hands of petty thieves, etc., not just sharia CIVIL laws.
Sharia civil laws are permitted by Nigeria's constitution since lonng long time ago.

But no country can permit two sets of criminal justice system, else judicial chaos follows, that's why the uproar against sharia begining 2000 when former Zamfara state governor brought use of Sharia criminal laws to north of Nigeria, though these states hardly implement criminal laws of Sharia which they adopted.

Sharia issue only became a big issue since year 2000 when 12 northern Nigeria states adopted use of Sharia criminal codes.
Boko Haram emerged afterwards and says it is fighting for a sharia-friendly country - read sharia criminal laws friendly country.

Obasanjo created the impression here that Boko Haram is fighting for civil Sharia which is already in the constitution.
Obasanjo does not tell what he knows.
Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by snaz(m): 1:36am On Feb 17, 2015
Obj sail on
Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:37am On Feb 17, 2015
mekaboy:
i remember i asked in one thread why nobody is blaming obj for bokoharam. Why would he allow sharia in our constitution?

I also said that buharis solution to bokoharam is the full implementation of sharia in all northern states , sacrificing the freedom of non muslims.

Where christian women in the north will be forced to wear hijab. A man and woman cant hold hands in public. Where people cant drink or smoke.

where peoples hands will be cut for stealing. People will be stoned to death for fornication.

Finally the bokoharam members will be paid and called sharia police to enforce these laws.

I pity the christians in the north if buharia gets there. But i am convinced he wont rule this nation.
What do you know about Sharia in the Constitution? Sharia is not forced. The Constitution says states that wish to have it, may. Even in states where it is in use, it is not forced on people of other religions.
Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:44am On Feb 17, 2015
discusant:
Obasanjo does not appear to know what Boko Haram has repeatedly says it wants. Boko Haram says it wants a country friendly with practice of Sharia CRIMINAL laws like stoning women for adultery, cutting off hands of petty thieves, etc., not just sharia CIVIL laws.
Sharia civil laws are permitted by Nigeria's constitution since lonng long time ago.

But no country can permit two sets of criminal justice system, else judicial chaos follows, that's why the uproar against sharia begining 2000 when former Zamfara state governor brought use of Sharia criminal laws to north of Nigeria, though these states hardly implement criminal laws of Sharia which they adopted.

Sharia issue only became a big issue since year 2000 when 12 northern Nigeria states adopted use of Sharia criminal codes.
Boko Haram emerged afterwards and says it is fighting for a sharia-friendly country - read sharia criminal laws friendly country.

Obasanjo created the impression here that Boko Haram is fighting for civil Sharia which is already in the constitution.
Obasanjo does not tell what he knows.
You know nothing about Nigeria. For many years now we have been making use of two different criminal laws: penal code in the north; criminal code in the south.
Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by Nobody: 2:18am On Feb 17, 2015
clevvermind:
Obasanjo is turning a talkative this days. is he smoking weeds?
i tire me o!
Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by Eluwilussit(m): 3:26am On Feb 17, 2015
kastonkastrol:
Obj just tell us who is behind boko haram and quit beating around the bush. Goddamn it

He doesn't know. He's only forming. Irrelevancy dey give the buffoon sleepless night. If him know, him for don talk am. Hopeless old man.
Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by infinitty(m): 3:27am On Feb 17, 2015
The motor park tout has spoken again

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by Demdem(m): 3:28am On Feb 17, 2015
barcanista:
And for some reasons you can't help the President with the name of their leaders?

U are not making sense here. Did u read where he stated that he has reported all to the authorities? Who was that authority who gave him permission in the first place if not Jonah-daft?
Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by Nobody: 3:30am On Feb 17, 2015
mekaboy:

I also said that buharis solution to bokoharam is the full implementation of sharia in all northern states , sacrificing the freedom of non muslims.

Where christian women in the north will be forced to wear hijab. A man and woman cant hold hands in public. Where people cant drink or smoke.

where peoples hands will be cut for stealing. People will be stoned to death for fornication.

Finally the bokoharam members will be paid and called sharia police to enforce these laws.

I pity the christians in the north if buharia gets there. But i am convinced he wont rule this nation.
Do you know sharia is practiced in Dubai and many Nigerians go there

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by ArcTammy: 4:29am On Feb 17, 2015
Makamuanwuo:
jonathan family far beta than 30 generations of ur family...idiot

Patience has no children. which Jonathan family r u talking abt?
Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by Nobody: 4:36am On Feb 17, 2015
At least u were there for good solid 8yrs, all this started during ur regime,which shows ur administration was bad,lack of jobs and youth empowerment@OBJ
Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by yerimastyle(m): 4:38am On Feb 17, 2015
OBJ is now a progressives ......in baba osho voice Go and die,PDP is now cleaned
Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by yerimastyle(m): 4:39am On Feb 17, 2015
OBJ is now a progressives ......in baba osho voice Go and die,PDP is now cleaned .farward ever
Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by jpphilips(m): 4:47am On Feb 17, 2015
luvinhubby:
A man that sank $15 billion without generating 1 megawatts of electricity cannot have our interest at heart.
OBJ is a disgrace.

Wish you have a brain
Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by Nobody: 5:04am On Feb 17, 2015
Tundenoni:
i will never have peace in the rest of my life, i Mark this today
Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by Sunbellar: 5:30am On Feb 17, 2015
berem:
Baba please tell us more. We are enjoying your revelations about the clueless one.

grin grin
A fool that talks through her anus!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by Sunbellar: 5:32am On Feb 17, 2015
Chief Olushegun Obasanjo is now confirmed to be mentality deranged!
Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by Nikky4izuu: 5:32am On Feb 17, 2015
Obasanjo has lost his political relevance. He should stop blowing his trumpet. Again, one with God is with majority. If its God's will dt Jonathan will rule again, then so shall it be.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by Missonas(f): 6:20am On Feb 17, 2015
Shebi Baba talk say he got shut his bucal cavity up till after election.even if the elections where postponeded make he chill na
Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by Awaja(m): 6:21am On Feb 17, 2015
How can a country sharply divided between Christians and Muslims have sharia as a constitution? we are the cause of our own headache, lets tackle it b4 it becomes severe and beyond amelioration,that part of the constitution needs to be revisited.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by vikyno(m): 6:31am On Feb 17, 2015
OBJ should be held responsible for our woe with Book haram. He said Sharia is not the problem. I think this man is suffering from 'abnormal old age syndrome'

He allowed sharia to be smuggled into our constitution which I believe gave this people the needed warranty to carry out their dastardly act .
Re: Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” by slindon: 6:37am On Feb 17, 2015
this man is a big old fool i have ever seen in this world. you can not destroy this nation. Nigeria is bigger then you and your generations even the unborn ones.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Zahra - Buhari's Daughter - Lives & Studies In The United Kingdom / "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America / Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.