Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,886 members, 7,863,008 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:35 AM

Did Sanusi Lie And If Yes, Shouldn't He Apologise To Nigerians? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Sanusi Lie And If Yes, Shouldn't He Apologise To Nigerians? (717 Views)

FACT CHECK: Did Sanusi Get His Facts Wrong On CBN? / Tinubu Must Apologise To Dino - Kogi Women (Photos) / Revisiting PWC: Did Emir Sanusi Lie Against Diezani Madueke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Sanusi Lie And If Yes, Shouldn't He Apologise To Nigerians? by fun4: 11:54pm On Feb 16, 2015
To be honest and dispassionately I loved the man Sanusi, former CBN governor, for his courage and audacity and temerity when he blew the whistle that so $49,000,000,000.00 was either missing, misappropriated or outrightly stolen from Nigerians by a few corrupt gov't officials at the NNPC and Petroleum Resources ministry.

Quickly I brought out my scientific calculator and with an exchange rate of #160 = $1, I arrived at #7,840,000,000,000.00(seven trillion, eight hundred and fourty billion naira) and I wept for this country when I imagined how many almajiri model schools, hospitals, roads, power infrastructures, university hostels and lecture halls we could have built; I concluded that Sanusi should be given the award of whistle blower and the most courageous man of the year.

I supported all Nigerians, CSOs , other Groups and the APC for a thorough probe and even went as far as calling some people( names withheld) names too.

I was one of such one who never believed in the SENATE PROBE as it was headed by same thieving politicians and concluded that nothing scathing and indicting will come out of it and as such when PWC started making the rounds, I was elated and expectant that NNPC can never come out alive and remain same again( with PWC I expected heads to roll).

So, I welcomed the announcement of PRICE WATERHOUSE COOPER, PWC( a better and more reputable international firm) to investigate the alledged fraud by the NNPC and the Petroleum ministry and for once shame the FG cover-ups on the NNPC at the expense of Nigerians.

After PWC concluded their investigation and submitted their report to the President where they said that no $49Billion was missing but that the NNPC still has some $1.48Billion to remit to the federation account left me with ill feelings about Sanusi and others. I had been misled? Was the question I asked myself. So I was expecting a statement of rebuttal from Sanusi, APC and others to allay my fears but none came.

Days past now and I have not heard from Sanusi, CSOs, other Groups and the APC denounce or refute or reject or issue a statement to the contrary on the PWC report on our alledged missing billions of dollars and now, it is going into weeks; soon months and nothing.

Then, may I conclude thus: that Sanusi and APC and others have accepted the PWC report that no $49Billion is missing.

Considering the tension this generated in the country that led to Sanusi's suspension and the name-calling from the APC and others, portraying Nigeria in bad light in the international community, especially the President, I see no other reason why Sanusi Lamido Sanusi and others, ESPECIALLY THE APC should not apologise to ME and other Nigerians who were hoodwinked and deceived and might have experience one form of trauma for this.

He/they is/are simply a/are.....?
1. Propagandist(s)
2. Liar(s)
3. Deceiver(s)
4. Exploitationist(s)
5. Gallery-playing-man/party

So when Prof. Soludo came with his missing trillions story, I simply jettisoned it and moved on because....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Sanusi Lie And If Yes, Shouldn't He Apologise To Nigerians? by pacifique(m): 11:56pm On Feb 16, 2015
Re: Did Sanusi Lie And If Yes, Shouldn't He Apologise To Nigerians? by fun4: 11:59pm On Feb 16, 2015
Someone should be talking to us by now after this report

1 Like

Re: Did Sanusi Lie And If Yes, Shouldn't He Apologise To Nigerians? by peckhamboi: 11:59pm On Feb 16, 2015
SATANoids, don't you guys have shame.

The magomago audit confirmed that 1.6 billion dollars was stolen and nobody has been fired or in jail yet.

A member of parliament here in the UK was sentenced to jail for claiming £3,500 which is less than 1 million naira.

Jonathan = Corruption

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Sanusi Lie And If Yes, Shouldn't He Apologise To Nigerians? by kingofpool: 12:00am On Feb 17, 2015
Thank God for you later woke up

1 Like

Re: Did Sanusi Lie And If Yes, Shouldn't He Apologise To Nigerians? by temitemi1(m): 12:04am On Feb 17, 2015
May thunder strike any1 that open his/her mouth to say this govt is corrupt!! God will continue exposing ur lies against this govt! Sanusi n his party(apc) no go fit talk again. Useless party with useless members! GEJ till 2019!!!

3 Likes

Re: Did Sanusi Lie And If Yes, Shouldn't He Apologise To Nigerians? by dokyOloye: 12:08am On Feb 17, 2015
peckhamboi:

The magomago audit confirmed that 1.6 billion dollars was stolen and nobody has been fired or in jail yet.

A member of parliament here in the UK was sentenced to jail for claiming £3,500 which is less than 1 million naira.

Jonathan = Corruption
Get Ur facts right b4 displaying Ur ignorance for d whole world to see.1.6 billion dollars represents signature bonuses and other debts owed NNPC by its customers,d money isn't missing or stolen.NNPC has never disputed this figure right from when Sanusi was making his wild allegations.
Meanwhile,much respect for GEJ for being d 1st president in d recent past to probe d accounts of NNPC.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Sanusi Lie And If Yes, Shouldn't He Apologise To Nigerians? by DrPrickson: 12:16am On Feb 17, 2015
My Brother. SLS n his APC crew will never apologies. That's their stock in trade; lies and propaganda.
They tried to rubbish the image of this government with that lie. Nigerians should judge for themselves.
GEJ till APC and SLS apology to Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Did Sanusi Lie And If Yes, Shouldn't He Apologise To Nigerians? by DrPrickson: 12:19am On Feb 17, 2015
peckhamboi:

Jonathan = Corruption
Don't you have shame Your party has been campaigning on a lie . Where is your conscience?? You want to bring down a good man at all cause, but they have failed.

2 Likes

Re: Did Sanusi Lie And If Yes, Shouldn't He Apologise To Nigerians? by myfxpower: 12:51am On Feb 17, 2015
DrPrickson:
My Brother. SLS n his APC crew will never apologies. That's their stock in trade; lies and propaganda.
They tried to rubbish the image of this government with that lie. Nigerians should judge for themselves.
GEJ till APC and SLS apology to Nigerians

GEJ has been in Office for almost 6 years, he himself confirmed that BH has been on his face since 2009, so why did he now take him that long to deal with the situation?

And why did he choose to contract the Purchase of military equipment to private company?
Purchase of equipment should be between the constitutionally recognised security institution of a Nation and not by a company run by ex-militants. Haba corruption on our face!
Re: Did Sanusi Lie And If Yes, Shouldn't He Apologise To Nigerians? by fun4: 7:29am On Feb 17, 2015
@DrPrickson, I think that information is in the public domain after the US pulling the plugs on all its allies on Nigeria
Re: Did Sanusi Lie And If Yes, Shouldn't He Apologise To Nigerians? by fun4: 7:43am On Feb 17, 2015
One thing some persons( APC or PDP supporters) have failed to acknowledge is that not everybody making an informed opinion on certain issues is a PDP or APC partyman and it is really sad.

That is why in the US they have what is called the independent candidates which means that they don't belong to any political party.

I made an informed observation and someone (an APC supporter) I guess is calling me a SATANoid because everything is now politics to them, even the truth.

EVEN WHEN BARCANISTA( an ardent GMB and APC supporter) points out some anomalies in them.

(1) (Reply)

New York Times Slams President Jonathan / Ekiti Rigging Plot: Senator Omisore Confesses In Ghana / Plans To Arrest Buhari By Fg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.