Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,004 members, 7,814,424 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Presidency To Ezekwesili: Fighting Terrorism, Insurgency Not Football Match - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency To Ezekwesili: Fighting Terrorism, Insurgency Not Football Match (1085 Views)

Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili / Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili / APC Zones Senate Presidency To N'central, Speaker To N'east (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency To Ezekwesili: Fighting Terrorism, Insurgency Not Football Match by Omooba77: 6:18am On Feb 17, 2015
ABUJA — THE Presidency, yesterday, described as insincere and mischievous, the launch by BringBack Our Girls group of a countdown for the Chibok girls to regain freedom, saying fighting terrorism and insurgency is not a football match where commentaries were run for the delight of spectators.In a statement by Senior Special Assistant to the President on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe, it said President Goodluck Jonathan in his media chat never promised that the girls would be freed within six weeks, noting that the count-down by the former minister and her group was unnecessary.Chief of Defence Staff, Air Chief Marshal Alex Badeh and President JonathanOkupe said: “Our attention has been drawn to a statement credited to former Minister of Education and a leader of the Bring Back our Girls Group, Dr Oby Ezekwesili, to the effect that President Goodluck Jonathan has made an affirmative statement that the girls abducted by Boko Haram terrorists in Government Secondary School, Chibok, Borno State would be freed within six weeks, hence the beginning of a count-down by the organisation.“We wish to state that the statement by the President during his last media chat was that the combined efforts of new offensive by the Nigerian military and its allies as well as improved capacity in the operations have made the chances for the rescue of the Chibok girls brighter than ever before.“This statement cannot be construed as putting a six-week time-frame for the delicate task of freeing the girls alive which the President remains very committed to and would definitely wish that would even happen in a day.It’s insincere, mischievous“It is, therefore, insincere and mischievous on the part of Dr Ezekwesili and her organization to launch a countdown which from all intent and purpose is meant to score cheap political points rather than encourage the military and help the cause of the girls and their depressed parents.“President Jonathan’s commitment to the rescue and safe return of the Chibok girls is unwavering. The Nigerian military and its allies have as part of their mandate, the rescue of the girls and all others who are in custody of the Boko Haram terrorists as well as securing the safety of Nigerians living in areas ravaged by insurgency.“No responsible organization would seek to make a gain of this unfortunate incident and constantly twist facts and pronouncements in order to appear as if government is incapable of meeting its timelines.“Fighting terrorism and insurgency is not a football match where commentaries are run for the delight of spectators. It is a much more serious exercise and we expect Dr Ezekwesili to understand this in view of her global exposure and stop being a pawn in the chess board of some desperate political actors.”- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/presidency-ezekwesili-fighting-terrorism-insurgency-not-football-match/#sthash.mJzB88zi.dpu
Re: Presidency To Ezekwesili: Fighting Terrorism, Insurgency Not Football Match by SeverusSnape(m): 6:24am On Feb 17, 2015
They should ignore that woman, she's now the attention seeker general of the federation.

1 Like

Re: Presidency To Ezekwesili: Fighting Terrorism, Insurgency Not Football Match by jeffizy(m): 6:31am On Feb 17, 2015
I wish to know why the Nigerian government has to be foul mouthed in all it's response to EVERYTHING.

We can call this government A Temperamental one.

Governance is really about service to the populace, not just trying to outspeak every discerning voice.

Re: Presidency To Ezekwesili: Fighting Terrorism, Insurgency Not Football Match by otbliz(m): 6:32am On Feb 17, 2015
Abi, its not soccer joor.
Every one that has a mouth is allowed to talk. Thanks to the freedom of speech, and much thanks to the FOI bill (the reason i cannot get any real truth again in the media).

But in whatever you do, let us not forget that TALK IS CHEAP
Re: Presidency To Ezekwesili: Fighting Terrorism, Insurgency Not Football Match by Oklander: 6:36am On Feb 17, 2015
So why play politics with it!
Re: Presidency To Ezekwesili: Fighting Terrorism, Insurgency Not Football Match by drkay9: 6:44am On Feb 17, 2015

Re: Presidency To Ezekwesili: Fighting Terrorism, Insurgency Not Football Match by joseph1832(m): 6:48am On Feb 17, 2015
I remember vividly last year the military saying they know where the girls are, also I also remember when the presidency came out and declared that they've reached a seize fire agreement with Boko Haram that they girls will be released within a week. So I am wondering why all this statement...

The empty words of this present administration reeks of wanton incompetence. To allow GEJ a second term is to allow the very word 'weak' to rule over us.

1 Like

Re: Presidency To Ezekwesili: Fighting Terrorism, Insurgency Not Football Match by makzeze: 6:49am On Feb 17, 2015
Ok PDP,
The APC is most likely to win the coming
elections, and Buhari looks increasingly likely to
be the next President. Nigerians are simply tired
of corruption, insecurity and hopelessness.
Re: Presidency To Ezekwesili: Fighting Terrorism, Insurgency Not Football Match by clevvermind(m): 7:08am On Feb 17, 2015
SeverusSnape:
They should ignore that woman, she's now the attention seeker general of the federation.
well said.
Re: Presidency To Ezekwesili: Fighting Terrorism, Insurgency Not Football Match by koikoi2(m): 7:11am On Feb 17, 2015
That woman is a looser who is seeking attention.
GEJ til 2019
Re: Presidency To Ezekwesili: Fighting Terrorism, Insurgency Not Football Match by clevvermind(m): 7:14am On Feb 17, 2015
joseph1832:
I remember vividly last year the military saying they know where the girls are, also I also remember when the presidency came out and declared that they've reached a seize fire agreement with Boko Haram that they girls will be released within a week. So I am wondering why all this statement...

The empty words of this present administration reeks of wanton incompetence. To allow GEJ a second term is to allow the very word 'weak' to rule over us.
so you want a certificateless, coup plotter, a killer, a terrorist as our president? smh
Re: Presidency To Ezekwesili: Fighting Terrorism, Insurgency Not Football Match by clevvermind(m): 7:17am On Feb 17, 2015
makzeze:
Ok PDP,
The APC is most likely to win the coming
elections, and Buhari looks increasingly likely to
be the next President. Nigerians are simply tired
of corruption, insecurity and hopelessness.
stop consoling yourself. wake up.
Re: Presidency To Ezekwesili: Fighting Terrorism, Insurgency Not Football Match by Nobody: 7:37am On Feb 17, 2015
Then give way for a competent hand to get the job done.

GMB; Where Art Thou? grin

Re: Presidency To Ezekwesili: Fighting Terrorism, Insurgency Not Football Match by nzeadachie: 7:59am On Feb 17, 2015
SeverusSnape:
THE WOMAN IS JOBLESS THAT'S WHY APC GAVE HER THE JOB, BUT SHE WILL GET TIRED VERY SOON BECAUSE NOTHING CAN STOP GEJ
Re: Presidency To Ezekwesili: Fighting Terrorism, Insurgency Not Football Match by joseph1832(m): 8:32am On Feb 17, 2015
clevvermind:
so you want a certificateless, coup plotter, a killer, a terrorist as our president? smh
You who have a certificate, has that certificate secured a good job for you?, kindly show me the evidence in your possession that GMB is a terrorist and and killer.
Re: Presidency To Ezekwesili: Fighting Terrorism, Insurgency Not Football Match by nzeadachie: 10:38am On Feb 17, 2015
joseph1832:
You who have a certificate, has that certificate secured a good job for you?, kindly show me the evidence in your possession that GMB is a terrorist and and killer.
BUHARI IS JIHADIST, A FULL MEMBER OF BOKO HARAM
Re: Presidency To Ezekwesili: Fighting Terrorism, Insurgency Not Football Match by Omooba77: 5:05pm On Feb 17, 2015
I respect madam Due Process,but I detest her action,it all points to the fact that a script is being acted..

(1) (Reply)

NYSC Member Commits Suicide After Girl Friend Dumps Him / Fani Kayode Is Suffering From Substance Abuse - Lai Muhammed / US Report Reveals Nigerian Military Tipped Off Boko Haram About Chibok Rescue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.