Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Obasanjo’s Action Provocative, Unacceptable – Fani- Kayode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo’s Action Provocative, Unacceptable – Fani- Kayode (723 Views)

Kwankwaso: Relocation Of Mile 12 Market Is "Unfair And Unacceptable" / SGF, Babachir Under Fire Over ‘provocative’ Remark / Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo’s Action Provocative, Unacceptable – Fani- Kayode by yinkfad555(m): 7:13am On Feb 17, 2015
PEOPLES Democratic Party, PDP Presidential Campaign Organisation, PDPPCO has lampooned former President Olusegun Obasanjo for tearing his membership card and final exit from the party, saying that such action was not only provocative, but unacceptable.

In a statement by the Director, Media and Publicity, Chief Femi Fani- Kayode, with the act, former President Obasanjo has burnt all the bridges, adding that what he did with his status and standing in the party and the country, was a spit on both the PDP and its members, adding that while he was free to leave, “he did not have to spit in their faces by publicly tearing the party card.

“Watching our party membership card being torn up whilst President Obasanjo was standing there and smiling was painful and tragic.

“This is a party which he helped to build and on whose platform he was elected President for eight good years. The truth is that President Obasanjo is far better and far bigger than that. Such behavior is provocative and unacceptable.

“He is free to leave the party but does he have to spit in our faces by tearing up our party card in public and before the television cameras?
“This knee-jerk reaction is most unlike President Obasanjo and it is very insulting. It is clear that he has burnt all the bridges and that he has left us forever.

“On a personal note I feel saddened by this but the truth is that many in our party have heaved a huge sigh of relief. Many of us love President Obasanjo and we shall continue to do so regardless of whether he is in our party or not but tearing up that party card was too much to bear.

“It spoke volumes and it was indicative of the deep hatred and contempt that he has for us and our cause. It reminded me of the biblical passage in which King Saul rejected David and then planned to stop him from ascending to the throne by attempting to kill and destroy him. Thankfully the Lord was with David and not only did he deliver him from Saul, but he also crowned him King.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/obasanjos-action-provocative-unacceptable-fani-kayode/#sthash.O9V1MIGN.dpuf
http://www.saharanewsonline.com/politics/obasanjos-action-provocative-unacceptable-fani-kayode/
Re: Obasanjo’s Action Provocative, Unacceptable – Fani- Kayode by caselessogbuagu: 7:23am On Feb 17, 2015
This thing de really pain them oo grin grin . Did i just hear femi liken obj to king Saul and gej to David?
This statement is contrary to what their supporters on this forum want us to believe, their paymasters at Wadata house are pained by what obj did. Obj pratically showed the world that pdp is in 'shreds' politically and structurally.
*in keyamo's voice* the epitaph for gej's presidential days is; here is a president that destroyed pdp and almost destroyed Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo’s Action Provocative, Unacceptable – Fani- Kayode by Nobody: 7:26am On Feb 17, 2015
I was here and we condemned the actions of PDP chieftains that burnt APC flag in one of the Eastern States. exPresident Obasanjo tore PDP membership card and the same APC people that condemned that incident were hailing him. This kind of #Change get K-leg sha
Re: Obasanjo’s Action Provocative, Unacceptable – Fani- Kayode by playpaz: 7:28am On Feb 17, 2015
yes it is
Re: Obasanjo’s Action Provocative, Unacceptable – Fani- Kayode by RedArrow: 7:30am On Feb 17, 2015
The bird must sing.
Re: Obasanjo’s Action Provocative, Unacceptable – Fani- Kayode by egift(m): 7:33am On Feb 17, 2015
"FFK is my boy, give him food and he will sing for you" - OBJ

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo’s Action Provocative, Unacceptable – Fani- Kayode by siraj1402(m): 7:39am On Feb 17, 2015
Se bi its only a vote? Yeye people.So it pains them?The man said he can't wait till you guys tear off Nigeria.
Re: Obasanjo’s Action Provocative, Unacceptable – Fani- Kayode by temitemi1(m): 7:41am On Feb 17, 2015
ObJ's brain gradually turning to that of baby's brain grin grin. GEJ till 2019!!!
Re: Obasanjo’s Action Provocative, Unacceptable – Fani- Kayode by Nobody: 7:41am On Feb 17, 2015
For dis betrayal, southwest will suffer for it!
Re: Obasanjo’s Action Provocative, Unacceptable – Fani- Kayode by caselessogbuagu: 7:56am On Feb 17, 2015
barcanista:
I was here and we condemned the actions of PDP chieftains that burnt APC flag in one of the Eastern States. exPresident Obasanjo tore PDP membership card and the same APC people that condemned that incident were hailing him. This kind of #Change get K-leg sha
those that burnt apc flag in the east did that maybe on their way back to pdp. Obj tore his card and he did not join apc. Wetin com concern apc inside?
Men, i'm extremely happy about what obj did.
Re: Obasanjo’s Action Provocative, Unacceptable – Fani- Kayode by MayorofLagos(m): 8:04am On Feb 17, 2015
Femi is standing on a collapsing bridge....it does not need burning, its coming down! cool
Re: Obasanjo’s Action Provocative, Unacceptable – Fani- Kayode by Demdem(m): 8:07am On Feb 17, 2015
What does shameless ffk mean by unacceptable? Does it mean that the killer party will set up a committee to work towards bringing obj back to their fold?
Re: Obasanjo’s Action Provocative, Unacceptable – Fani- Kayode by Nobody: 8:11am On Feb 17, 2015
is it by force, hiw no do again why all this cry from pdp. He has realised pdp is a sinking ship
Re: Obasanjo’s Action Provocative, Unacceptable – Fani- Kayode by Demdem(m): 8:13am On Feb 17, 2015
barcanista:

U aren't making sense. That was pdp members burning apc flags. In this case it's a pdp member who knows what they stand for. It's a family
affair.
Re: Obasanjo’s Action Provocative, Unacceptable – Fani- Kayode by PassingShot(m): 8:18am On Feb 17, 2015
barcanista:

Trash as usual. How does this one equate to a party burning another party's symbol? OBJ was a PDP member and he decided to burn his own party's membership card.

@ OP, it's satisfying to know that OBJ's action really got to them. I am more than happy about anything that will scatter PDP.

Though I won't want to see baba OBJ become a member of APC ooo. The man is too manipulative, vindictive and vengeful.
Re: Obasanjo’s Action Provocative, Unacceptable – Fani- Kayode by danot1030: 8:37am On Feb 17, 2015
Fani kayode seems not to realise that no one in the country is as provocative and acceptable as he is.

(1) (Reply)

Categories Of Voters And Their Pattern Of Voting. / PDP Supporter Amidst APC Campaign Train (PICTURE) / Jonathan Sits On Missing $20billion Oil Money Full Details Of Audit Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.