Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,677 members, 7,816,777 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Who Will Ask Obasanjo To Shut Up? - Shehu Dikko - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Will Ask Obasanjo To Shut Up? - Shehu Dikko (6271 Views)

Fayose Wants Obasanjo To Refund The N10m Donation He Made Towards His Library / Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' / Buhari: Why I Sent Obasanjo To Guinea-Bissau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Will Ask Obasanjo To Shut Up? - Shehu Dikko by nku5: 11:03am On Feb 17, 2015
Who will ask Obasanjo to shut up?

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/will-ask-obasanjo-shut/
on January 18, 2015   /   in Viewpoint 12:13 am   /   Comments

Tweet
By Shehu Dikko

I promised to shut up and take a long break but since I had asked Obasanjo to disappear and he won’t, I thought I should dart in with some justification as to why he really ought to be told to shut up and disappear, and, for me, personally, also to say to him: you can’t fool me. It is a slightly revised version of a comment I offered in another discussion. It should explain itself.

Thanks for sharing Dan Agbese’s 2000 article about Haroun Adamu’s probe of the Petroleum Trust Fund. It seems that people are digging.

Buhari didn’t run the PTF. He left it to somebody who allegedly came from his circle of friends and family, and went to sleep. It was alleged to have been run just like any old inept Nigerian government venture. No difference whatsoever. Its officials allegedly took bribes, awarded overinflated contracts and the like. As a result, one of the men on the board of the PTF, the late Group Captain Usman Jibrin, who would have none of it, decided to resign. Buhari stayed put.

I also see you paying attention to Obasanjo’s self-serving talk. Not many are seeing the self-serving disposition right now but it is to the credit of Jonathan that he has actually grown the balls to refuse to continue to take dictation from him. If truth be told, it is easier to point to where Jonathan has spent money in his four+ years than it is to show what Obasanjo did in his first term.

Let us be concrete. Obasanjo faced turbulence, Sharia riots, Odi. Obasanjo failed to punish the perpetrators of the Sharia riots, that served to embolden others including the Haramites; he was high-handed in dealing with Odi, that served to further militarise.

Jonathan has had to deal with the consequences of Obasanjo’s failures in addition to the BH which is now a problem with a serious destabilizing foreign dimension. This has provided a very tough environment for government.

Worse still owing to the circumstances in which he came into office and the sense of betrayal felt by the many northerners who consider their turn to rule as having been hijacked, as well as his failure to properly reach out to the disgruntled, he has been unable to win the confidence and support of influential sections of the North.

This failure is what I foresaw in 2011, and warned that it could lead to division. That North is also suffering from another problem which is a direct consequence of the Babangida privatisation programme which was accelerated and completed by Obasanjo.

I have a problem with the privatisation of vital social services but that is irrelevant here. Recall the old days. There was a time when people looked forward to Board appointments, First Bank, NITEL and the whole battery of other huge government owned enterprises.

Membership of those boards afforded people the opportunity to use their influence to serve the interests of their immediate communities, and because of the Federal Character principle, this patronage was widely spread but always what were seen to be the choicest positions were invariably occupied by northerners.

Federal Character also ensured that there was a spread of offices of those companies occupied by local employees thoughout the country. That disappeared completely under Obasanjo. The persons who bought the privatised companies were mainly persons from outside the North, ditto those who stepped up to fill the vacuum created by the disappearance of NITEL who have only been driven by market considerations which cannot overlook employee competence.

It’s not been noticed by many but the handful of companies bought by northerners, like Nigerian Ropes and Steyr, have floundered or have been comatose since they acquired them. For a North used to widescale patronage, it has been hard to deal with new realities, which is why so many there are intent on doing whatever they can to ensure a return to the old comfort.

One new reality from which there is no escaping is that Jonathan has actually shown a commitment to making and fulfilling promises which is why he has been running for re-election on his record, something which Obasanjo did not do in 2003.Obasanjo could not have done so. He built a stadium in Abuja, and its Games Village. That’s it.

He channeled a lot of money to power generation. The rest of the time, Obasanjo was away from his desk on extended visits abroad. He left Atiku to run the government. Obasanjo and Atiku were later to build their own private schools and universities.

By contrast, Jonathan has built new government schools and universities; built a major new railway line, Kaduna-Abuja, for the first time in a hundred years; built a road between Abuja and Lokoja that is the finest in the country; is building a metro line in Abuja; empowerd Innoson Motors of Nnewi to manufacture transport buses that are visible on our highways. All these are things he committed to doing in the aftermath of the oil subsidy saga, and he has managed to do them despite the major challenge of BH.

I have not dismissed the view that aspects of the complex BH problem are the work of persons working to return to that which they had grown accustomed. But what’s your general take on the election campaign so far? I honestly fear it may all end up being of only “academic interest.”The stakes are very very high. There are operators with ugly records who will stop at nothing. There is trouble on the horizon. I have sent out warnings. I hope they are heeded.

*Dikko lives in Abuja.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Will Ask Obasanjo To Shut Up? - Shehu Dikko by Nobody: 11:26am On Feb 17, 2015
Only God can do that now. The man is insane.
Re: Who Will Ask Obasanjo To Shut Up? - Shehu Dikko by lazsnaira(m): 11:30am On Feb 17, 2015
I
Re: Who Will Ask Obasanjo To Shut Up? - Shehu Dikko by jdilight(m): 11:41am On Feb 17, 2015
nku5:
Who will ask Obasanjo to shut up?

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/will-ask-obasanjo-shut/
on January 18, 2015   /   in Viewpoint 12:13 am   /   Comments

Tweet
By Shehu Dikko

I promised to shut up and take a long break but since I had asked Obasanjo to disappear and he won’t, I thought I should dart in with some justification as to why he really ought to be told to shut up and disappear, and, for me, personally, also to say to him: you can’t fool me. It is a slightly revised version of a comment I offered in another discussion. It should explain itself.

Thanks for sharing Dan Agbese’s 2000 article about Haroun Adamu’s probe of the Petroleum Trust Fund. It seems that people are digging.

Buhari didn’t run the PTF. He left it to somebody who allegedly came from his circle of friends and family, and went to sleep. It was alleged to have been run just like any old inept Nigerian government venture. No difference whatsoever. Its officials allegedly took bribes, awarded overinflated contracts and the like. As a result, one of the men on the board of the PTF, the late Group Captain Usman Jibrin, who would have none of it, decided to resign. Buhari stayed put.

I also see you paying attention to Obasanjo’s self-serving talk. Not many are seeing the self-serving disposition right now but it is to the credit of Jonathan that he has actually grown the balls to refuse to continue to take dictation from him. If truth be told, it is easier to point to where Jonathan has spent money in his four+ years than it is to show what Obasanjo did in his first term.

Let us be concrete. Obasanjo faced turbulence, Sharia riots, Odi. Obasanjo failed to punish the perpetrators of the Sharia riots, that served to embolden others including the Haramites; he was high-handed in dealing with Odi, that served to further militarise.

Jonathan has had to deal with the consequences of Obasanjo’s failures in addition to the BH which is now a problem with a serious destabilizing foreign dimension. This has provided a very tough environment for government.

Worse still owing to the circumstances in which he came into office and the sense of betrayal felt by the many northerners who consider their turn to rule as having been hijacked, as well as his failure to properly reach out to the disgruntled, he has been unable to win the confidence and support of influential sections of the North.

This failure is what I foresaw in 2011, and warned that it could lead to division. That North is also suffering from another problem which is a direct consequence of the Babangida privatisation programme which was accelerated and completed by Obasanjo.

I have a problem with the privatisation of vital social services but that is irrelevant here. Recall the old days. There was a time when people looked forward to Board appointments, First Bank, NITEL and the whole battery of other huge government owned enterprises.

Membership of those boards afforded people the opportunity to use their influence to serve the interests of their immediate communities, and because of the Federal Character principle, this patronage was widely spread but always what were seen to be the choicest positions were invariably occupied by northerners.

Federal Character also ensured that there was a spread of offices of those companies occupied by local employees thoughout the country. That disappeared completely under Obasanjo. The persons who bought the privatised companies were mainly persons from outside the North, ditto those who stepped up to fill the vacuum created by the disappearance of NITEL who have only been driven by market considerations which cannot overlook employee competence.

It’s not been noticed by many but the handful of companies bought by northerners, like Nigerian Ropes and Steyr, have floundered or have been comatose since they acquired them. For a North used to widescale patronage, it has been hard to deal with new realities, which is why so many there are intent on doing whatever they can to ensure a return to the old comfort.

One new reality from which there is no escaping is that Jonathan has actually shown a commitment to making and fulfilling promises which is why he has been running for re-election on his record, something which Obasanjo did not do in 2003.Obasanjo could not have done so. He built a stadium in Abuja, and its Games Village. That’s it.

He channeled a lot of money to power generation. The rest of the time, Obasanjo was away from his desk on extended visits abroad. He left Atiku to run the government. Obasanjo and Atiku were later to build their own private schools and universities.

By contrast, Jonathan has built new government schools and universities; built a major new railway line, Kaduna-Abuja, for the first time in a hundred years; built a road between Abuja and Lokoja that is the finest in the country; is building a metro line in Abuja; empowerd Innoson Motors of Nnewi to manufacture transport buses that are visible on our highways. All these are things he committed to doing in the aftermath of the oil subsidy saga, and he has managed to do them despite the major challenge of BH.

I have not dismissed the view that aspects of the complex BH problem are the work of persons working to return to that which they had grown accustomed. But what’s your general take on the election campaign so far? I honestly fear it may all end up being of only “academic interest.”The stakes are very very high. There are operators with ugly records who will stop at nothing. There is trouble on the horizon. I have sent out warnings. I hope they are heeded.

*Dikko lives in Abuja.

Well done for the information, but someone is coming who will tell you to summarize because he or she is too lazy to read.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Ask Obasanjo To Shut Up? - Shehu Dikko by VolvoS60(m): 11:58am On Feb 17, 2015
Fair points made by Mr. Dikko. But his analysis is incomplete.

The problem with the GEJ administration is that in essence, it is no different from the old order which needs to be supplanted and which we have been repeatedly told it will supplant.

In Mr. Dikko's piece - as is common with those who support GEJ - the man's modest achievements are loudly promoted while his gravely serious failings are ignored. That is no way to carry out an honest assessment. The choice before GEJ after winning the 2011 election was clear: do something radical about corruption in Nigeria and gain mass appeal/popular support OR maintain the status quo while pretending to transform the way the Nigerian project is being run.

He chose the latter option and he is facing the consequences of that choice. To use the jargon of bank currency dealers: the market has moved against him.

It isn't looking good for him right now.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Will Ask Obasanjo To Shut Up? - Shehu Dikko by DaBullIT(m): 12:20pm On Feb 17, 2015

OK , Now what

Re: Who Will Ask Obasanjo To Shut Up? - Shehu Dikko by clevvermind(m): 12:46pm On Feb 17, 2015
you have to shut him up. you can tell him. Obasanjo is now empty. he has lost his glory.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Ask Obasanjo To Shut Up? - Shehu Dikko by Nobody: 1:32pm On Feb 17, 2015
I saw the tearing of OBJ's PDP membership card and I was like.
"ha, who did this to this? "

It was so so childish that I could not help laughing.
somebody who loves OBJ and is close to him should reach him before it gets to the "market"!

4 Likes

Re: Who Will Ask Obasanjo To Shut Up? - Shehu Dikko by Change2015(m): 1:42pm On Feb 17, 2015
VolvoS60:

The problem with the GEJ administration is that in essence, it is no different from the old order which needs to be supplanted and which we have been repeatedly told it will supplant.

In Mr. Dikko's piece - as is common with those who support GEJ, the man's modest achievements are loudly promoted while his gravely serious failings are ignored. That is no way to carry out an honest assessment. The choice before GEJ after 2011 was clear: do something radical about corruption in Nigeria and gain mass appeal/popular support OR maintain the status quo while pretending to transform the way the Nigerian project is being run.

He chose the latter option and he is facing the consequences of that choice. To use the jargon of bank currency dealers: the market has moved against him.

It doesn't look good.

You certainly have a way with words. Nice one. Personally I hold Jonathan culpable for falling into the hands of sycophants, probably because he had no ambition to lead or core philosophy outside from appeasing people with the aid of the national treasury.

#change
#GMB
#APC

3 Likes

Re: Who Will Ask Obasanjo To Shut Up? - Shehu Dikko by anonimi: 1:45pm On Feb 17, 2015
VolvoS60:

In Mr. Dikko's piece - as is common with those who support GEJ, the man's modest achievements are loudly promoted while his gravely serious failings are ignored. That is no way to carry out an honest assessment. The choice before GEJ after 2011 was clear: do something radical about corruption in Nigeria and gain mass appeal/popular support OR maintain the status quo while pretending to transform the way the Nigerian project is being run.

How would you relate this to Fashola in Lagos state?

2 Likes

Re: Who Will Ask Obasanjo To Shut Up? - Shehu Dikko by VolvoS60(m): 1:59pm On Feb 17, 2015
anonimi:

How would you relate this to Fashola in Lagos state?

^^^^
Exactly the same way. I will be voting against Mr Fashola's party's candidate for governor in next month's election. Just like I voted against Mr. Fashola himself when he ran. I cannot understand how an APC legislator at the federal level can sponsor far reaching, pro-people legislation (the FOI bill) and a governor from the same party will refuse to 'domesticate' the same bill at state level. On what grounds? angry. This lack of transparency is just one of the many reasons why I will vote against Mr. Ambode and his party in next month's gubernatorial election.

Unlike you, Mr. Anonimi, I am not an online gun for hire. I can and will defend my actions. In one of my posts on a previous thread I asked you to explain how you changed from an advocate of civic duty and responsibility in 2011 to a party hack defending the indefensible in 2015. You have still not answered my question.

It still beats me how you went from what you were before the 2011 elections to what you have become now. But I digress.

I take it I have answered your question about Lagos state. Do you have any more questions?

4 Likes

Re: Who Will Ask Obasanjo To Shut Up? - Shehu Dikko by Bugatie(m): 2:04pm On Feb 17, 2015
Obj is just having a case of an over self importance!
There's always a time to bow out of the scene and assume an elder stateman's posture, this he has refused to do.
No single man will remain in the limelight forever.
As natural in life, everyones' prime comes and goes. Sadly, Obj time of calling the shots has passed and he must realise that.

3 Likes

Re: Who Will Ask Obasanjo To Shut Up? - Shehu Dikko by anonimi: 2:07pm On Feb 17, 2015
VolvoS60:

^^^^
Exactly the same way. I will be voting against Mr Fashola's party's candidate for governor in next month's election. Just like I voted against Mr. Fashola himself when he ran. I cannot understand how an APC legislator at the federal level can sponsor far reaching, pro-people legislation (the FOI bill) and a governor from the same party will refuse to 'domesticate' the same bill at state level. On what grounds? angry. This lack of transparency is just one of the many reasons why I will vote against Mr. Ambode and his party in next month's gubernatorial election.

Unlike you, Mr. Anonimi, I am not an online gun for hire. I can and will defend my actions. In one of my posts on a previous thread I asked you to explain how you changed from an advocate of civic duty and responsibility in 2011 to a party hack defending the indefensible in 2015. You have still not answered my question.

It still beats me how you went from what you were before the 2011 elections to what you have become now. But I digress.

I take it I have answered your question about Lagos state. Do you have any more questions?

Thanks a lot for answering my question straight up.

I support Jonathan AGAINST Buhari now just the same way I supported Fashola against Tinubu's gang-up in the run up to 2011 Lagos state elections.

It is about making a pragmatic choice of the BETTER by far of the two main candidates in this election.

I hope I also answered your half-asked question wink

BTW, I can understand you thinking I am a party hack.
I can endure that in the light of what NEEDS to be done for the salvation of our country from the vultures circling overhead hoping & waiting for us to be nothing but carcass that they can feast on as they did in the not so distant past.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-pfQitDRTSQk/UykARG1vDoI/AAAAAAAAAQw/p868vI9EGdQ/s1600/vulture2.jpg[/img]

We are not finished yet.
We will not ever finish so they can feast upon us.
NO!!!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Will Ask Obasanjo To Shut Up? - Shehu Dikko by VolvoS60(m): 2:14pm On Feb 17, 2015
Change2015:

Personally I hold Jonathan culpable for falling into the hands of sycophants, probably because he had no ambition to lead or core philosophy outside from appeasing people with the aid of the national treasury.

^^^^
Exactly. Leadership of a cauldron like Nigeria is a serious business fraught with danger. GEJ had a state policy of appeasement which it is now apparent, has failed.

Those dark interests he wished to appease have rejected him. Unfortunately for him, his actions succeeded in alienating quite a number of long suffering Nigerians - ordinary Nigerians whose corner he should have fought from day one. So who is on his side?

If this isn't the road to hell I don't know what is.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Ask Obasanjo To Shut Up? - Shehu Dikko by nku5: 2:16pm On Feb 17, 2015
VolvoS60:

In Mr. Dikko's piece - as is common with those who support GEJ - the man's modest achievements are loudly promoted while his gravely serious failings are ignored. That is no way to carry out an honest assessment. The choice before GEJ after 2011 was clear: do something radical about corruption in Nigeria and gain mass appeal/popular support OR maintain the status quo while pretending to transform the way the Nigerian project is being run.

It doesn't look good.

I beg to disagree with you bros.

The essence of this article is to establish the fact that Obasanjo is responsible for whatever ailment Jonathan is battling to rid Nigeria of today and had no moral right to criticise an incumbent who has spent under 5 years.

It was under Obj's ample nostrils that Bin Laden distributed money to some jihadist groups in West Africa in 2002 including Boko Haram, it was under Obj and his demonic privatisation regime that government agencies started selling scratch cards for recruitment, under Obj that $16 Billion was spent on power.

As for corruption, if you can withstand all the propaganda and analyse without emotion, has GEJ's administration been involved in any koro koro case of theft like Obj's Halliburton bribe scandal?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Will Ask Obasanjo To Shut Up? - Shehu Dikko by uzolexis(f): 2:20pm On Feb 17, 2015
Bugatie:
Obj is just having a case of an over self importance!
There's always a time to bow out of the scene and assume an elder stateman's posture, this he has refused to do.
No single man will remain in the limelight forever.
As natural in life, everyones' prime comes and goes. Sadly, Obj time of calling the shots has passed and he must realise that.

took the words outta my mouth.....

2 Likes

Re: Who Will Ask Obasanjo To Shut Up? - Shehu Dikko by Bugatie(m): 2:26pm On Feb 17, 2015
uzolexis:

took the words outta my mouth.....

Can I take it back into ur mouth? Lol

1 Like

Re: Who Will Ask Obasanjo To Shut Up? - Shehu Dikko by TheFreeOne: 2:29pm On Feb 17, 2015
OBJ is attempting to do the impossible "making himself God".

But unfortunately for him his only befitting title is "ebora owu" and his minions shouldn't expect more than that cos his 'lights' had gone out. He has been demystified cos GEJ re-election will be the final nail on his political coffin.

Let OBJ shut up cos he's not God.

3 Likes

Re: Who Will Ask Obasanjo To Shut Up? - Shehu Dikko by VolvoS60(m): 2:31pm On Feb 17, 2015
anonimi:

Thanks a lot for answering my question straight up.

I support Jonathan AGAINST Buhari now just the same way I supported Fashola against Tinubu's gang-up in the run up to 2011 Lagos state elections.

It is about making a pragmatic choice of the BETTER by far of the two main candidates in this election.

I hope I also answered your half-asked question wink

BTW, I can understand you thinking I am a party hack.
I can endure that in the light of what NEEDS to be done for the salvation of our country from the vultures circling overhead hoping & waiting for us to be nothing but carcass that they can feast on as they did in the not so distant past.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-pfQitDRTSQk/UykARG1vDoI/AAAAAAAAAQw/p868vI9EGdQ/s1600/vulture2.jpg[/img]

We are not finished yet.
We will not ever finish so they can feast upon us.
NO!!!

^^^^
Thank you for your response, sir. But I don't agree with it.

We are sometimes forced to make pragmatic political choices. I am living in the real world and I accept this truth no matter how inconvenient it may be.

I can understand having to make a choice between two poor options when there are no others. But that isn't even the case in this election. There are at least 9 other presidential candidates. Is none of them worthy?

You will have to explain further this relentless campaigning for the GEJ administration despite well documented evidence of its very serious failings. I cannot understand how you can actively and rabidly support an administration (the GEJ administration, that is) with a history and an entrenched culture of serial malfeasance.

Unless there is something you know which we don't. Is that what your reference to vultures means?

1 Like

Re: Who Will Ask Obasanjo To Shut Up? - Shehu Dikko by anonimi: 2:40pm On Feb 17, 2015
VolvoS60:

^^^^
Thank you for your response, sir. But I don't agree with it.

We are sometimes forced to make pragmatic political choices. I am living in the real world and I accept this truth no matter how inconvenient it may be.

I can understand having to make a choice between two poor options when there are no others. But that isn't even the case in this election. There are at least 9 other presidential candidates. Is none of them worthy?

You will have to explain further this relentless campaigning for the GEJ administration despite well documented evidence of its very serious failings. I cannot understand how you can actively and rabidly support an administration (the GEJ administration, that is) with a history and an entrenched culture of serial malfeasance.

Unless there is something you know which we don't. Is that what your reference to vultures means?

Yes to the highlighted.

Moreover, the Jonathan/Sambo administration has done much better than previous administrations on all scores, including the fight to systematically reduce corruption in a sustainable way. You can go through the 12 pages of the thread below for more information.

https://www.nairaland.com/2117791/achievements-jonathan-sambo-administration-pictures

The perception problem of this federal administration is worsened by the excellent propaganda machine of the Thief'nuibu cabal.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Ask Obasanjo To Shut Up? - Shehu Dikko by saharachic(f): 2:42pm On Feb 17, 2015
tah! no one dares!
even Gej is using indirect pleading and consoling to help himself

Re: Who Will Ask Obasanjo To Shut Up? - Shehu Dikko by VolvoS60(m): 2:55pm On Feb 17, 2015
nku5:

I beg to disagree with you bros.

The essence of this article is to establish the fact that Obasanjo is responsible for whatever ailment Jonathan is battling to rid Nigeria of today and had no moral right to criticise an incumbent who has spent under 5 years.

It was under Obj's ample nostrils that Bin Laden distributed money to some jihadist groups in West Africa in 2002 including Boko Haram, it was under Obj and his demonic privatisation regime that government agencies started selling scratch cards for recruitment, under Obj that $16 Billion was spent on power.

As for corruption, if you can withstand all the propaganda and analyse without emotion, has GEJ's administration been involved in any koro koro case of theft like Obj's Halliburton bribe scandal?

^^^^
I am proud to say that I have been a virulent critic of the OBJ administration from day 1. My posting history proves this.

Nothing would give me greater joy than to see both Messrs OBJ and GEJ in the dock answering hard questions from the people of this Republic. I haven't mentioned Mr. Yaradua, (the third member of the triad) only because he is deceased and thus cannot answer any questions.

I understand Mr. OBJ has hatchet men on here who try to whitewash the sepulchre that was his administration. You can rest assured that I am not one of such men.

You say the essence of the article is to establish OBJ's culpability in GEJ's current travails. That may well be true. But those of us ordinary Nigerians on the receiving end of both men's failed governments reserve the right to hold them responsible and denounce them all for their failure. At all times and in whichever medium is available. Including our responses to articles written by Mr. Dikko and any other Nigerian.

The last sentence in your post is deeply troubling. It weakens the resolve of battered, demoralized Nigerians to hold their leaders accountable. You have made an unnecessary distinction between the OBJ administration's mindblowing corruption and that of the GEJ administration. Whose interests will such a distinction serve? As I write this, the GEJ administration is yet to make public the PwC report for Nigerians to see. Make of that what you will.

In the end, we all bleed red.
Re: Who Will Ask Obasanjo To Shut Up? - Shehu Dikko by anonimi: 3:04pm On Feb 17, 2015
VolvoS60:
As I write this, the GEJ administration is yet to make public the PwC report for Nigerians to see.

I think that you (like most of our fellow citizens) are taking in too much of the APCheat propaganda against this federal administration, otherwise you would have noticed these:

‘PwC’ forensic audit report vindicated NNPC, no money missing’
Wednesday, 11 February 2015

More from: http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/national-news/197726-pwc-forensic-audit-report-vindicated-nnpc-no-money-missing

Deconstructing PwC’s forensic audit of NNPC account
February 11, 2015

More from: http://businessdayonline.com/2015/02/deconstructing-pwcs-forensic-audit-of-nnpc-account/#.VONJw_nF-LE

Why do we find it easy not to give adequate credit for the very credible efforts of this federal administration to achieve greater transparency in governance
Re: Who Will Ask Obasanjo To Shut Up? - Shehu Dikko by VolvoS60(m): 3:19pm On Feb 17, 2015
anonimi:

I think that you (like most of our fellow citizens) are taking in too much of the APCheat propaganda against this federal administration, otherwise you would have noticed these:

Why do we find it easy not to give adequate credit for the very credible efforts of this federal administration to achieve greater transparency in governance

^^^
No sir!!!!!! angry angry angry

I don't have limitless time for partisan politics, sir. Particularly the amoral kind.

I can read and write. A government audit was commissioned and the audit report finally submitted to the GEJ administration by a firm of financial auditors engaged to do the job. The least the GEJ administration can do is to make that report available for citizens of this Republic to read. It is the minimum that will be acceptable. The Businessday link you provided is only accessible to premium members. The Guardian link has the NNPC GMD claiming vindication - he's not exactly a neutral party in this matter. I don't need Thisday or Businessday newspapers or whoever to analyse the report on my behalf. I can read and write!

Some group came out in the press today requesting that the ex-CBN governor apologize for his role in the NNPC saga which led to the audit in the first place. Yet other Nigerians have still not been given free access to the report to draw their own conclusions. Is that best practice? angry Have you been able to make head or tail of the purported extracts from the audit report in today's Thisday newspapers? angry. GEJ, MAKE THE REPORT PUBLIC!!! angry

Anonimi - this is what I said earlier about defending the indefensible. You are proving me right once again. sad
Re: Who Will Ask Obasanjo To Shut Up? - Shehu Dikko by anonimi: 3:32pm On Feb 17, 2015
VolvoS60:

^^^
No sir!!!!!! angry angry angry

I don't have limitless time for partisan politics, sir. Particularly the amoral kind.

I can read and write. A government audit was commissioned and the audit report finally submitted to the GEJ administration by a firm of financial auditors engaged to do the job. The least the GEJ administration can do is to make that report available for citizens of this Republic to read. It is the minimum that will be acceptable. The Businessday link you provided is only accessible to premium members. The Guardian link has the NNPC GMD claiming vindication - he's not exactly a neutral party in this matter. I don't need Thisday or Businessday newspapers or whoever to analyse the report on my behalf. I can read and write!

Some group came out in the press today requesting that the ex-CBN governor apologize for his role in the NNPC saga which led to the audit in the first place. Yet other Nigerians have still not been given free access to the report to draw their own conclusions. Is that best practice? angry Have you been able to make head or tail of the purported extracts from the audit report in today's Thisday newspapers? angry. GEJ MAKE THE REPORT PUBLIC!!! angry

Anonimi - this is what I said earlier about defending the indefensible. You are proving me right once again. sad

- Have you asked for access to the report and you were not given?
- Have you petitioned your senator and representative for access to the report and what was their response?
- How do you think Businessday wrote its story without having seen the report?

1 Like

Re: Who Will Ask Obasanjo To Shut Up? - Shehu Dikko by VolvoS60(m): 3:38pm On Feb 17, 2015
anonimi:

- Have you asked for access to the report and you were not given?
- Have you petitioned your senator and representative for access to the report and what was their response?
- How do you think Businessday wrote its story without having seen the report?

^^^
You are being legalistic here.

On a matter of such significance, nothing less than pride of place on a government website would have been acceptable. The document should have been scanned and uploaded, with PwC's staff signatures clearly visible.

To access the report you are now suggesting that I have to go through my senator. undecided

We will all meet at the polling booth next month, God willing.

The Ides of March will soon be here.
Re: Who Will Ask Obasanjo To Shut Up? - Shehu Dikko by anonimi: 3:44pm On Feb 17, 2015
VolvoS60:

^^^
You are being legalistic here.

On a matter of such significance, nothing less than pride of place on a government website would have been acceptable. The document should have been scanned and uploaded, with PwC's staff signatures clearly visible.

To access the report you are now suggesting that I have to go through my senator. undecided

We will all meet at the polling booth next month, God willing.

The Ides of March will soon be here.

- Is this not how it is done in the far away places that many of our people have "escaped" to
- Would you rather not have a legalistic Law & Order society?
- How much information about government in Nigeria is available on the internet?

Those who wish to replace Jonathan have had their party in power in Lagos state for 16 years, how much information about their transactions and issues are on their state government's web sites

3 Likes

Re: Who Will Ask Obasanjo To Shut Up? - Shehu Dikko by VolvoS60(m): 3:45pm On Feb 17, 2015
anonimi:

Yes to the highlighted.

Moreover, the Jonathan/Sambo administration has done much better than previous administrations on all scores, including the fight to systematically reduce corruption in a sustainable way. You can go through the 12 pages of the thread below for more information.

https://www.nairaland.com/2117791/achievements-jonathan-sambo-administration-pictures

The perception problem of this federal administration is worsened by the excellent propaganda machine of the Thief'nuibu cabal.

^^^^
You will have to disclose the crucial information you are privy to, which the rest of us are not aware of. I can't read your mind.

I have gone through your thread and in my view it didn't address the key issues in a comprehensive way. When a few posters raised key questions about whether Nigerians were getting value for money on these projects, they were shouted down. One fellow even went as far as saying "anyone who claims GEJ isn't working is a son of the devil." undecided

The FG's problem is not a perception problem. It is real and based on facts.
Re: Who Will Ask Obasanjo To Shut Up? - Shehu Dikko by VolvoS60(m): 4:00pm On Feb 17, 2015
anonimi:

- Is this not how it is done in the far away places that many of our people have "escaped" to
- Would you rather not have a legalistic Law & Order society?
- How much information about government in Nigeria is available on the internet?

Those who wish to replace Jonathan have had their party in power in Lagos state for 16 years, how much information about their transactions and issues are on their state government's web sites

^^^
You talk as if nobody else knows how other parts of the world work. undecided

In Western Europe and North America (among other parts of the world) key government reports and white papers are in the public domain. They are just a mouse click away. As I type, I have a pdf copy of the US president's asset declaration in 2012. And I am not a US citizen! I have a copy of the US government report on the 2008 financial crisis. I even have reports of US congressional investigations and US federal government white papers from the 1950s!

As far as your comment about Lagos state - i have answered you as clearly as possible so you know where I stand. Instead of you to fight for the removal of underperforming, opaque governments in both Lagos state and at the federal level, you chose to back a horse in the race. undecided

As I said, we will all meet at the polls.
Re: Who Will Ask Obasanjo To Shut Up? - Shehu Dikko by anonimi: 4:09pm On Feb 17, 2015
VolvoS60:

^^^
You talk as if nobody else knows how other parts of the world work. undecided

In Western Europe and North America (among other parts of the world) key government reports and white papers are in the public domain. They are just a mouse click away. As I type, I have a pdf copy of the US president's asset declaration in 2012. And I am not a US citizen! I have a copy of the US government report on the 2008 financial crisis. I even have reports of US congressional investigations and US federal government white papers from the 1950s!

As far as your comment about Lagos state - i have answered you as clearly as possible so you know where I stand. Instead of you to fight for the removal of underperforming, opaque governments in both Lagos state and at the federal level, you chose to back a horse in the race. undecided

As I said, we will all meet at the polls.

Are you not backing any horse in the race(s)? grin

BTW, talking about asset declaration, Jonathan is the only living elected officer to have done so in Nigeria, while those jostling to replace him have NEVER done such.
Don't you think that shows he is BETTER by far to those in the party of his main competition

3 Likes

Re: Who Will Ask Obasanjo To Shut Up? - Shehu Dikko by ojdollars(m): 4:10pm On Feb 17, 2015
VolvoS60:

^^^^

@Volvo, I would like to get in touch, can you please send me an email directly? My email is on my profile
Re: Who Will Ask Obasanjo To Shut Up? - Shehu Dikko by VolvoS60(m): 4:15pm On Feb 17, 2015
anonimi:

^^^
As I said earlier, some of us are not here to play dirty politics. The Sunborn yacht affair and other well known examples of how the LASG and the APC party faithful criminally shortchanged the people of Lagos - these are some of the reasons why I cannot and will not vote for the APC in lagos state. Period.

It will be insane to turn around and celebrate the PDP for similar acts against the people of Nigeria.

March 2015, we await you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Japan Did This In 2 Days! How Long Will It Take Your Country? (pic) / Raufach Edgar Kidnapped German Dies In Botched Rescue Operation In Kano / BOKO HARAM: We Won’t Negotiate Under Conditions – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.