Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,432 members, 7,853,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 06:48 AM

What To Plant On 5hecatres Of Lands? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / What To Plant On 5hecatres Of Lands? (840 Views)

How To Plant 24,000 Seeds Of Cucumber On A 3plot Of Land And Make Millions / When Is The Right Time To Plant Any Crop? / Strange Bird From Germany Lands In Kebbi Fisherman’s Net - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Plant On 5hecatres Of Lands? by Hardeyholla: 12:21pm On Feb 17, 2015
Hi everyone,

Please what can I plant on 5hectares of lands. I planned to make use of it for cassava but changed my mind because of this uninteresting stories about cassava. I don't want to put my eggs in one basket.

1 Like

Re: What To Plant On 5hecatres Of Lands? by Pavore9: 12:55pm On Feb 17, 2015
l will suggest you start with one hectare and experiment with vegetables like cucumber, cabbage, capsicum, lettuce etc growing them in sections as they have way shorter maturity time than cassava and higher market value.
Re: What To Plant On 5hecatres Of Lands? by AreaFada2: 1:19pm On Feb 17, 2015
I second Pavore.

You can do various crops. Even watermelon. You can still try cassava on one or two hectares for a test run.
If you're somewhat risk shy, variety would be ideal.
Re: What To Plant On 5hecatres Of Lands? by stagger: 3:15pm On Feb 17, 2015
Pavore9:
l will suggest you start with one hectare and experiment with vegetables like cucumber, cabbage, capsicum, lettuce etc growing them in sections as they have way shorter maturity time than cassava and higher market value.

Great advice. There is what is called time value for money. Why keep money tied up for 12 months with an unsteady market when you can actually plant crops which are in greater demand and have much shorter maturity time?
Re: What To Plant On 5hecatres Of Lands? by Hardeyholla: 3:48pm On Feb 17, 2015
Thanks guys.
@Stagger, crops such as what? I am sorry I I am asking too much. Will be planting cassava on another hectares.
Re: What To Plant On 5hecatres Of Lands? by stagger: 4:11pm On Feb 17, 2015
Hardeyholla:
Thanks guys.
@Stagger, crops such as what? I am sorry I I am asking too much. Will be planting cassava on another hectares.

Pavore has listed some. All over the agric thread, there are loads of examples of what you can plant. Personally, I am doing maize on soe of my lands which have been lying fallow in Nasarawa state. I actually want to test some things with maize this year.

You know yourself, how much money you have and what crops are in demand in your area. So do your own research and make your own decisions. You have enough info here to do so.

(1) (Reply)

Ofada Rice Available For Sale / Are You A Small Or Big Business Owner And Want To Reach More Nigerian's / Borehole Works,piling,geophysical Survey And Soil Investigation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.