Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

‘my Muslim Background Inspired Me..... ASA - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ‘my Muslim Background Inspired Me..... ASA (1843 Views)

Asa Shows Off Her Dogs & Car Collection / My Islamic Background Inspired Me – Asa / Singer Asa Shows Off Her Thighs For The First Time! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘my Muslim Background Inspired Me..... ASA by dre11(m): 4:44pm On Feb 17, 2015
Asa, In a chat with My Africa Podcast, Asa, told show host, Andre Blaze, about her inspirational background, revealing how much time she spent following the teachings of Islam.

The singer currently is on a European tour for her album, ‘Bed of Stone’, visiting major cities on the continent.

In a chat with My Africa Podcast, Asa, told show host, Andre Blaze, about her inspirational background, revealing how much time she spent following the teachings of Islam.

“I come from a Muslim background, and I actually had a stint with Islam. I was a Muslim for about 2 years or 3?” Asa said.

“I was after high school I lived with my grandparents. My grandparents were Muslims from Lagos Island, and yes it did influence the way I see things and the way I write.”

Asa further went on to emphasise the inspiration she received, crediting Islam as the major factor behind her song ‘Awé’, a single of her hugely successful self-titled debut album, ‘Asa’.

“It influenced the song ‘Awé’. You see just near where I used to live, there was a mosque, and we had a munedžim who calls out prayers.

“He would early morning by 5 O’clock, ‘Allaaaah’. That was amazing, It just inspired ‘Away’, so yeah, Islam, Christianity is always going to be part of my history."

http://pulse.ng/music/asa-my-muslim-background-inspired-me-id3488334.html

Re: ‘my Muslim Background Inspired Me..... ASA by absoluteSuccess: 4:48pm On Feb 17, 2015
Your life inspires too sweety.
Re: ‘my Muslim Background Inspired Me..... ASA by ammyluv2002(f): 4:49pm On Feb 17, 2015
absoluteSuccess:
Your life inspires too sweety.
Same here
Re: ‘my Muslim Background Inspired Me..... ASA by jingh(f): 4:50pm On Feb 17, 2015
Asa
Re: ‘my Muslim Background Inspired Me..... ASA by paul288yahoo(m): 4:53pm On Feb 17, 2015
the only sane musician we have left in Nigeria ......

1 Like

Re: ‘my Muslim Background Inspired Me..... ASA by absoluteSuccess: 4:58pm On Feb 17, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Same here
The part she sang on 'fire on the mountain' is like having a vision of the carnage to come then. The fireworks of Bokoharam hasn't started then, today 'the river is overflow'. Wishing we have put out the fire long ago.

2 Likes

Re: ‘my Muslim Background Inspired Me..... ASA by Islie: 5:05pm On Feb 17, 2015
Her music speak life to one soul

Love the way she infuse Islam and Christianity into her life and music
Re: ‘my Muslim Background Inspired Me..... ASA by Airforce1(m): 5:16pm On Feb 17, 2015
her music gives me joy....

She top the list of the musicians I love and respect so much in nigeria
Re: ‘my Muslim Background Inspired Me..... ASA by dre11(m): 5:33pm On Feb 17, 2015
Airforce1:
her music gives me joy....

She top the list of the musicians I love and respect so much in nigeria

Ditto......

When is your single going to be outcheesy
Re: ‘my Muslim Background Inspired Me..... ASA by usernamez: 6:45pm On Feb 17, 2015
She's one of the few good singers that gets inspired nd knws what she want to sing before going to studio unlike many dat will just drop trash for us with banging beats to dance to (full of repetition nd shouts like a hungry calf looking for his mama)... :-/
Re: ‘my Muslim Background Inspired Me..... ASA by dre11(m): 1:00pm On Feb 18, 2015
usernamez:
She's one of the few good singers that gets inspired nd knws what she want to sing before going to studio unlike many dat will just drop trash for us with banging beats to dance to (full of repetition nd shouts like a hungry calf looking for his mama)... :-/

WoW.......

But, that the music most people love mainly because of its beats and sexual appeal it gives out
Re: ‘my Muslim Background Inspired Me..... ASA by Islie: 2:02pm On Feb 18, 2015
absoluteSuccess:
The part she sang on 'fire on the mountain' is like having a vision of the carnage to come then. The fireworks of Bokoharam hasn't started then, today 'the river is overflow'. Wishing we have put out the fire long ago.

Woa

I love that part too,
Just like how Fela predicted about how corruption would destroy our nationhood and we never took note of it.....

So, also she made that salient report about Boko haram and we allowed it to become a monster
Re: ‘my Muslim Background Inspired Me..... ASA by absoluteSuccess: 2:19pm On Feb 18, 2015
Islie:

Woa

I love that part too,
Just like how Fela predicted about how corruption would destroy our nationhood and we never took note of it.....

So, also she made that salient report about Boko haram and we allowed it to become a monster
We have our own social prophets, but we dont reckon with them, we only enjoy them while they live.
Re: ‘my Muslim Background Inspired Me..... ASA by Baba419(m): 2:46pm On Feb 18, 2015
All i know is i love me some ASA
Re: ‘my Muslim Background Inspired Me..... ASA by Nobody: 5:17pm On Feb 18, 2015
paul288yahoo:
the only sane musician we have left in Nigeria ......
LOL...dis is how u recognise dem joyless bois
Re: ‘my Muslim Background Inspired Me..... ASA by Islie: 7:25pm On Feb 18, 2015
absoluteSuccess:
We have our own social prophets, but we dont reckon with them, we only enjoy them while they live.

Yes

Until it get worse before we now remember someone did say it in a proverbial way
Re: ‘my Muslim Background Inspired Me..... ASA by absoluteSuccess: 7:40pm On Feb 18, 2015
Islie:

Yes

Until it get worse before we now remember someone did say it in a proverbial way
I don't know what to call it, maybe Felaism: we are laughing while suffering. Is that one a fallout of colonialism too?
Re: ‘my Muslim Background Inspired Me..... ASA by Islie: 4:32pm On Feb 21, 2015
absoluteSuccess:
I don't know what to call it, maybe Felaism: we are laughing while suffering. Is that one a fallout of colonialism too?

That is not a fall out of colonialism...... Its a fall.out of misplaced priority
Where we have thrown our culture and traditions to the dogs and embrace negativity

(1) (Reply)

Davido's Sister Sharon Adeleke Expecting 1st Child, See Baby Bump / See Footballer Gbolahan Salami's Wife's Message To Single Ladies / Star Actor John Dumelo Was Robbed Last Night(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.