Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible (8620 Views)

Buhari Is Victimizing Those That Don't Belong To His Religious Group - CAN Youth / EXPLANATION :BIBLE STORIES THAT DON'T ADD UP / Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by Nobody: 12:46am On Feb 18, 2015
First of all, i would like to begin by stating that i am by no means an atheist. I was born and brought up in a christian home. But in my years as a christian, i have come to find out that some things in the bible don't really add up. I have asked around and still haven't gotten any reasonable answer so i decided to post the question here on nairaland.
My question is: "if we all originated from Adam and Eve, then why are some people dark in complexion and others are light skinned"
i mean, if they were both dark then why aren't we dark all over the world and if they were both light skinned, then why aren't we all light skinned. Or did God decide to play a trick on us and decide to bring racism into existence.
And secondly if life originated in europe, dem how did people living in other continents cross over and how is it that when the europeans built the first sea sailing ships that came to africa, the africans were still amazed. Surely, they wouldn't be amazed if they had sailed to africa in a similar way
I hope i get reasonable answers and not some people talking about the credibility of my religious upbringing.
Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by bauer00: 12:51am On Feb 18, 2015
once had all this your questions tormenting my soul,but as time goes on i decided to stop searching for the answer cos dis world itself is mysterious...
in short,i dont believe in God cos i was told he exist but i believe in him cos av seen him work in my life
#my 2cent

3 Likes

Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by johnydon22(m): 12:56am On Feb 18, 2015
The earlier you understand that the creation and adam and eve account in genesis are just jewish myth on how life and the world began just like every culture and tribe have theirs, they are all mythical fabrications.. then the better..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by Nobody: 12:57am On Feb 18, 2015
^bro don't u think that what u described as God's work in your life might actually be just fate, chance, or even luck
Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by braine(m): 1:04am On Feb 18, 2015
cupid1:
^bro don't u think that what u described as God's work in your life might actually be just fate, chance, or even luck
true that
Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by iliyande(m): 1:10am On Feb 18, 2015
First of all, I don't think you are a founded Christian. God is a supreme God. You dire not question his supremacy. Why don't you asked why some people were born crippled, some fair, some tall, some black and some albino? And why don't you asked people with different cultures. God do things to His glory not for your glory.

Secondly, didn't you think civilization and technology exists before Christ? during that time haven't you red when God instructed Noah to construct a ship in preparation for the destruction of the world?

The way you are going, I am afraid you can question God why you are poorer and some other people richer. If you are truly a Christian, please concentrate in reading your Bible so as not to misdirect people whose faith is not strong in Christ.

1 Like

Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by Nobody: 1:17am On Feb 18, 2015
iliyande:
First of all, I don't think you are a founded Christian. God is a supreme God. You dire not question his supremacy. Why don't you asked why some people were born crippled, some fair, some tall, some black and some albino? And why don't you asked people with different cultures. God do things to His glory not for your glory.

Secondly, didn't you think civilization and technology exists before Christ? during that time haven't you red when God instructed Noah to construct a ship in preparation for the destruction of the world?

The way you are going, I am afraid you can question God why you are poorer and some other people richer. If you are truly a Christian, please concentrate in reading your Bible so as not to misdirect people whose faith is not strong in Christ.
this is exactly d kinda thing i warned against but all d same lemme reply u....God asking Noah to build a ship doesn't explain how we're in africa and obama is in america or how i'm dark and beyonce is light skinned. And about why some people are born poor or crippled, dat's a question i've asked myself over and over again and if u haven't asked yourself the same question then u're prolly a dummy who takes anytin life throws at him and takes 1+1 to be 2 jus because dats wat his teacher told him. Check ur bible and u'll see dat dere's no prophet who didn't ask God a question at one time or the other, even Job, joshua and nehemiah did

1 Like

Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by talk2riel: 2:20am On Feb 18, 2015
cupid1:

My question is: "if we all originated from Adam and Eve, then why are some people dark in complexion and others are light skinned"

How come it snows in American, and never in Africa?
How come there are earthquakes in Asia and never in Africa?
How come there are volcanic eruption in south America and never in Africa
Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by oghalesluv(m): 5:42am On Feb 18, 2015
I will comment when i park
Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by Gerardcole(m): 6:08am On Feb 18, 2015
Simple

1. We're of different colors because God is a perfectionist who likes everything unique and at the same time He's not an autocrat. God created various factors that can determine the color of a person 'while growing up' like your parents, weather etc etc. God created you and then let the other factors play their role. Just like he does with every other thing, letting you make choices for yourself. If we're to go by your assumptions of everyone from Adam & Eve begin same color what then will you say about Nigerian siblings of same Mom and Dad being have different skin colors? Or why are you and your siblings not exactly alike in eyes, color, lips, nose etc etc.

2. I'm not a perfect Christian, hardly read the bible when I'm alone (not proud of this) but I remember Egypt being a world power that they even enslaved the Israelites at a time according to the bible and last I checked, Egypt was still in Africa and you cannot tell me they had no neighbours. Assuming Egypt and its neighbours were the only ones in Africa at then, we'll say people simply migrated in search of whatever.

So maybe it should be the West Africans that fantasized about the European's ships.

2 Likes

Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by iliyande(m): 6:51am On Feb 18, 2015
cupid1:
this is exactly d kinda thing i warned against but all d same lemme reply u....God asking Noah to build a ship doesn't explain how we're in africa and obama is in america or how i'm dark and beyonce is light skinned. And about why some people are born poor or crippled, dat's a question i've asked myself over and over again and if u haven't asked yourself the same question then u're prolly a dummy who takes anytin life throws at him and takes 1+1 to be 2 jus because dats wat his teacher told him. Check ur bible and u'll see dat dere's no prophet who didn't ask God a question at one time or the other, even Job, joshua and nehemiah did

So this questions is for God now, right? there are certain things in life that need no explanation. To God there is nothing like black and white because his thoughts is not as shallow as human beings. He classified human being all the same, that's why he give grace to whom he chooses to and His kingdom is for everybody that does his will and believe in Christ Jesus.
Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by faval(m): 8:31am On Feb 18, 2015
everything is a mystery until the truth is unveiled.
most christians that say the world is a mystery and leave without trying to answer these mysterious questions are just ignorant.
if you want to benefit from your short time on earth, my friend do ask questions and don't stop until you get the answer. there is always an answer to every question and nothing remains a mystery forever!
Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by Nobody: 8:51am On Feb 18, 2015
@op. I think those questions should be directed to scientists. I believe they have the answers
Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by Nobody: 9:03am On Feb 18, 2015
Gerardcole:
Simple

1. We're of different colors because God is a perfectionist who likes everything unique and at the same time He's not an autocrat. God created various factors that can determine the color of a person 'while growing up' like your parents, weather etc etc. God created you and then let the other factors play their role. Just like he does with every other thing, letting you make choices for yourself. If we're to go by your assumptions of everyone from Adam & Eve begin same color what then will you say about Nigerian siblings of same Mom and Dad being have different skin colors? Or why are you and your siblings not exactly alike in eyes, color, lips, nose etc etc.

2. I'm not a perfect Christian, hardly read the bible when I'm alone (not proud of this) but I remember Egypt being a world power that they even enslaved the Israelites at a time according to the bible and last I checked, Egypt was still in Africa and you cannot tell me they had no neighbours. Assuming Egypt and its neighbours were the only ones in Africa at then, we'll say people simply migrated in search of whatever.

So maybe it should be the West Africans that fantasized about the European's ships.
have u ever seen a white kenyan man ? So ur argument about parents giving birth to fair and dark children doesn't stand. Egypt is in africa along with kenya, why are they white and kenyans 'black' ? And don't forget dat the egyptian civilisation started very long ago and they were among the first builders of sea sailing ships along with the ancient mesopotamians, which makes ancient egypt a very technologically advanced nation and so they wouldn't be suprised by ships cos dey were among the first builders
Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by johnydon22(m): 9:40am On Feb 18, 2015
talk2riel:

lolzzz it snows in southern africa, even jos here in Nigeria have weathers that drops below freezing point some times.
talk2riel:

Earth quake happens everywhere not exclusively asia

talk2riel:

Mount Cameroon erupted in 2004, and is being counted as one of the highest volcanic eruptions in human history... so tell me again how their are no earth quakes in africa... lolzzz nawa for you people oo

1 Like

Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by johnydon22(m): 9:42am On Feb 18, 2015
timonski:
@op. I think those questions should be directed to scientists. I believe they have the answers

No he asked it in a religious contest, am sure you know adam and eve story have nothing to do with science... If he wanted to know how different races came to be according to evolution then it is scientific...
Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by kevoh(m): 11:53am On Feb 18, 2015
talk2riel:

People like you should be quarantined and not allowed to breed because you'll only end up indoctrinating young children with your brand of ignorance. Pardon my harsh words, I'm just angry at fact that a grownup with access to the internet will be asking such silly questions all in the name of defending a god and Bible inconsistencies.

A simple one minute check on Google will provide the answers you need, I was even a live witness to snowing in Northern Africa (Ifrane Morocco) some years ago. There have been reported cases of earthquakes in some African countries. Don't just shut your mind to reasoning because of defending a god.
Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by Nobody: 12:10pm On Feb 18, 2015
johnydon22:

No he asked it in a religious contest, am sure you know adam and eve story have nothing to do with science... If he wanted to know how different races came to be according to evolution then it is scientific...
well, skin color is dependent on the level of melanin in your body. The mid-easterners must have migrated to afica through North Africa.
The intense sunlight must have caused more production of melanin in the body. This small changes must have been imprinted on their DNA's. After many generatons, the effect of these changes would have been more pronounced, causing our forefathers to go from light-brown to dark brown.
As for the whites.. The ancient arameans migrated to places with cold climates. The lack of intense sunlight reduces the production of melanin, resulting in their pale complexion
Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by johnydon22(m): 12:19pm On Feb 18, 2015
timonski:
well, skin color is dependent on the level of melanin in your body. The mid-easterners must have migrated to afica through North Africa.
The intense sunlight must have caused more production of melanin in the body. This small changes must have been imprinted on their DNA's. After many generatons, the effect of these changes would have been more pronounced, causing our forefathers to go from light-brown to dark brown.
As for the whites.. The ancient arameans migrated to places with cold climates. The lack of intense sunlight reduces the production of melanin, resulting in their pale complexion

Bros skin colour is not a determinant for race, characteristics like eyes, mouth, hair, then colour etc...

Am still wondering the asians, africoids, negreloids, negroes, caucasians, eskimoos, latin ameicans all sprang up from a single middle esternern parent...

Why do people always seem to intentionally pay a blind eyes to knowledge just to glorify beliefs.

The same way you believe the jews that said life began there, the same way the yorubas believe life bagan at ile-ife, igbos believe it was at nsudde.

(archeological evidences shows that the earliest known humanoids are from africa millions of years ago... Australopecians)
Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by Nobody: 12:23pm On Feb 18, 2015
timonski:
i am darker than the egyptians who live very close to the desert and yet, they are still light skinned
Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by johnydon22(m): 12:49pm On Feb 18, 2015
cupid1:
i am darker than the egyptians who live very close to the desert and yet, they are still light skinned

And even the ones that live in more harsher hot desertic weathers in arabic countries.
Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by talk2riel: 7:03pm On Feb 18, 2015
kevoh:

People like you should be quarantined and not allowed to breed because you'll only end up indoctrinating young children with your brand of ignorance. Pardon my harsh words, I'm just angry at fact that a grownup with access to the internet will be asking such silly questions all in the name of defending a god and Bible inconsistencies.

A simple one minute check on Google will provide the answers you need, I was even a live witness to snowing in Northern Africa (Ifrane Morocco) some years ago. There have been reported cases of earthquakes in some African countries. Don't just shut your mind to reasoning because of defending a god.
Sorry to disappoint you I won't trade words with you. If only you can see that I try to narrow my thought to the thinking of the OP. How on earth can someone ask such silly question? The bible doesn't need to answer all his question.
If the OP had used the goggle you suggested then he wouldn't have posted the question
Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by sorextee(m): 12:07am On Feb 19, 2015
What u don't understand, u ask, so as to learn more. There are still many questions about the Bible. Samson killed thousands of armies with the jaw of a donkey, Elijah ran faster than a chariot, a donkey spoke to balaam, etc.
iliyande:

Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by sorextee(m): 12:09am On Feb 19, 2015
According to history, it "snowed" in jos.
talk2riel:

Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by talk2riel: 4:54am On Feb 19, 2015
sorextee:
According to history, it "snowed" in jos.
A man that takes a glass of orijin once in 100 years can rightly be classified as a drunkard abi?

FOR CLOSURE
(1). The bible never stated the race or skin color of Adam and Eve. (Adam could have being black and Eve white) if only the logic and question string of the op was complete.

(2a). ..."And the lord separated the water from dry land"
pls get a world map(atlas) try and pull australia and its island as close to south africa, then pull brasil as close to nigeria then finally use straw and drink the water along the suez canal, that will give you one mass of a dry land.
The hot girls dancing in the beach copa cabbana and aborigines in australia got there as a result of continental drift.

(2b) I was called an abokhi, mallam, hausa and Muslim during my service year despite my hebrew name. Naturally people are only conscious of their immediate environment. Till today people still refer to all northerns as muslims.
It won't be a crime if our ancestors were surprised at the sight of europeans.
Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by Nobody: 6:30am On Feb 19, 2015
johnydon22:

Bros skin colour is not a determinant for race, characteristics like eyes, mouth, hair, then colour etc...

Am still wondering the asians, africoids, negreloids, negroes, caucasians, eskimoos, latin ameicans all sprang up from a single middle esternern parent...

Why do people always seem to intentionally pay a blind eyes to knowledge just to glorify beliefs.

The same way you believe the jews that said life began there, the same way the yorubas believe life bagan at ile-ife, igbos believe it was at nsudde.

(archeological evidences shows that the earliest known humanoids are from africa millions of years ago... Australopecians)
guy, the yorubas have not been here for long. Hair texture et al all depend on the climate. Thatz why we africans have thick black hair
Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by Nobody: 6:32am On Feb 19, 2015
johnydon22:

And even the ones that live in more harsher hot desertic weathers in arabic countries.
Dude, those egyptians migrated from europe. They are not the same as the egyptians from the bible
Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by Nobody: 6:33am On Feb 19, 2015
sorextee:
What u don't understand, u ask, so as to learn more. There are still many questions about the Bible. Samson killed thousands of armies with the jaw of a donkey, Elijah ran faster than a chariot, a donkey spoke to balaam, etc.
are a christian? If not, why bother to ask?
Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by fuzzyrambler(m): 6:42pm On Feb 21, 2015
talk2riel:

Sorry to disappoint you I won't trade words with you. If only you can see that I try to narrow my thought to the thinking of the OP. How on earth can someone ask such silly question? The bible doesn't need to answer all his question.
If the OP had used the goggle you suggested then he wouldn't have posted the question

Chiiiill, were these thousands tied down or something? or was samson invisible??
Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by johnydon22(m): 6:45pm On Feb 21, 2015
grin grin grin

Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by simplex2: 7:35pm On Feb 21, 2015
The jews concocted a story about how life started from their race and how they are the fathers of all nation and you lot believe them? Smh! Try and calculate the distance from garden of eden (present day middle east) and Australia you will understand that no level of migration will make man move from middle east to australia within 2,000 yrs.
And the Noah flood? Another bull crap! Talking snakes and donkeys? Bull crap!
The more you understand that these things were concocted for a supremacy purpose, the better for you.

The bible you adore, reverence and defend with all your life was assembled at the council of Nice by mere mortals like you and I. They threw away some books they felt wouldn't suit their purpose and accepted the ones they wanted.

1 Like

Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by Nobody: 9:28pm On Feb 21, 2015
simplex2:
The jews concocted a story about how life started from their race and how they are the fathers of all nation and you lot believe them? Smh! Try and calculate the distance from garden of eden (present day middle east) and Australia you will understand that no level of migration will make man move from middle east to australia within 2,000 yrs.
And the Noah flood? Another bull crap! Talking snakes and donkeys? Bull crap!
The more you understand that these things were concocted for a supremacy purpose, the better for you.

The bible you adore, reverence and defend with all your life was assembled at the council of Nice by mere mortals like you and I. They threw away some books they felt wouldn't suit their purpose and accepted the ones they wanted.

i feel like hugging u right now, tot no one would mention this fact. There was even a bible book that spoke of jesus having affairs with women and the council intentionally decided to omit it from the bible because it didn't portray jesus as the son of the supreme being(God)

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Be Led By The Spirit Of God As A Christian Today / Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? / What Is Grace?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.