Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,854 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders (14712 Views)

Happy Ash Wednesday / Why Are We Not Supposed To Eat Meat On Ash Wednesday And Fridays During Lent? / Happy Ash Wednesday. What Are Your Plans This Lent Period?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders by dober(m): 10:04pm On Feb 18, 2015
I actually didn't know today is Ash Wednesday. I think this job is engulfing my spiritual life..
God have mercy!
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders by meresse: 10:30pm On Feb 18, 2015
Segeggs:
It's a pagan celebration. The bible doesn't say we should observe such including easter which is the worship of the goddess ishtar
did bible tell you to drink water?
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders by Ayatullah(m): 11:00pm On Feb 18, 2015
marcelmessi:
just had my ash.. it reminds us that we will return to dust someday

MEANINGLESS RITUAL!
Just had your ash? So what! Did Jesus participate or teach his disciples this ritual? Where is it in your bible?

What has ash got to do with reminding you that you are from dust? Ash is associated with mourning in the bible.
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders by Mariojane(f): 1:09pm On Feb 19, 2015
Segeggs:
It's a pagan celebration. The bible doesn't say we should observe such including easter which is the worship of the goddess ishtar
did the bible ask u to celebrate Christmas? or is d word "Bible" in the bible? sometin not in the bible does nt mean it is wrong or right

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Full Text Of President Buhari’s Eid-el-Fitr Message / Religious Groups, Leaders To Buhari: Nigerians Are Hungry / Is God Really Omniscient (All-Knowing)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.