Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

A Muslim's Defence Of The Peace In Islam - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Muslim's Defence Of The Peace In Islam (1821 Views)

The Peace Of God / RCCG Open Heavens. The Peace Of God. Sermon & Prayer Point By Pastor E A Adeboye / The Peace Of Wisdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Muslim's Defence Of The Peace In Islam by chinedumo(m): 9:01am On Feb 18, 2015
Sarah wrote:

Firstly, i would like to apologise if my English is not perfect, I am from Singapore and despite English being our first language, It is not my mother tongue.
As much as I agree with loads of comments here, I must empahsize THAT the arabs are one of the worst muslims country in the world. Their greed for power and wealth has caused them to harm Islam.
I am a born muslim from Singapore and I used to despise Islam for all these violence. I cannot read arabic and thus I studied the Quran using an english translation and after studying the Quran, I assumed that Islam Is violent. I believe there was no women right and I hated the religion I did not understand.
I met a wonderful muslim women who was so honest and sincere and I began to wonder her kindness and the light within her. I raised my concerns and issues I had with the religion and without judging or being prejudice, she explained to me nicely. She did not preach but was just being calm and sensible. I decided to study Islam again – this time round with a proper Ustazah ( a female islamic teacher) She explained that certain words in arab can mean a lot of things and most english translation misinterpret its meaning.
Islam itself is peace. There are no parts in the Quran that mentioned about killing one another. Infact we are taught to respect people of different race and religion and practice tolerance. There are many misunderstandings about ISLAM due to MUSLIMS. I agree there are many extremist and mental muslims people out there. Even I was turned off by Islam when I was in my 20s due to the fact that people are forcing me to practice it.
I urge everyone to not associate the shariah law or any laws in arab to ISLAM. ALL THE ARAB countries are flawed.
DO look at other muslims countries like Brunei – they are a small peaceful country, follows the shariah law but none of them are terrorist, none of them lashes women whom are raped, infact they punished the crime not the victim. Even though their country is rich with oil, they use it for their people and not SELL their country like the Arabs. Their shariah law is accordance to the Quran and Not the Arabs Islamic Laws. Arabs Islamic Laws are not ISLAMIC LAWS.
Islamic laws are very different to what ARABS perceive them to be. I urge you NOT TO understand islam through the arabs but through other Islamic intellects around the world.
Do look and compare different English translation of the Quran. You will find that It is very different from one another due to the language changes and interpretation of certain words.
The reason why Quran was brought down in ARAB was simple. IT was the worst country during those times. Women were treated like dirt and the poor were treated like slaves.
There was no mention of women covering their faces in the Quran. The women were told to dress modestly – so as to protect themselves because during those days, The Arabs perceive women like an object. To protect women from being harmed while trying to seek knowledge, the book told them to dress modestly when stepping out of their homes.
Muhammad was about 25 when he married his first wife, His wife Khadijah was 45 and loved her.
During those days, any women without a husband was taken in as a slave.
When she passed away Muhammad was so distraught. Before his death, he requested that he wanted to be buried beside her grave.
Just to clear why he married Aisha – like i mentioned in those days if u are an orphaned, a widower , men in arabs ( THE NON BELIEVER OF PEACE) will just abuse them. There was also a rule in arab that if the women are not related by blood or any relationship, they weren’t allowed to stay in the house. Muhammad had to marry Aisha in order to have a “legal” relationship to take her in the house. He did not touch her at all. Of course we have no proof whether he touched her or NOT. but according to the history of Islam, he did not.
There was also a reason why men are allowed 4 wives. During those times, many men died due to war. Many women were left abandoned and the Arab kings took them as slaves. In order to prevent that from happening, Islam approved of men having up to 4 wives so there was a form of “relationship” and thus the women can enter the house. their intention must be because they are believers of peace and want to protect the women from harm. They are suppose to treat the women equally.
Women are encouraged to study in Islam. In Islam we are encouraged – not only to study the Quran but to gain knowledge with regards to worldly issues. We are encouraged to study because in islam we believe that with knowledge ( be it in medicine, literature or business) we can bring peace to the world.
When a man divorce his wife or vice versa he is suppose to continuously support her financially until she is married again. Women have the right to divorce a man in Islam if he lays his hand on her, cheats or not supporting her financially for more than 3 months. THAT is shariah law practice in Brunei and also Muslims in Singapore.
The Quran was written a long time ago and There are reasons why Islam says “fight the non believers”. It was to fight the Arabs themselves who treated the people like slaves. ITS THE NON BELIEVER OF PEACE. not people of other races and religion. MOST people misinterpret that because they don’t go beyond to understand why the book was brought down and the purpose of it.
The Non believer of Peace will burn in hell. NOT the people of other religion or race. The people who caused chaos, who does not preach peace will burn in hell. I am not judging but i am sure the Muslims in Arabs who caused a lot of trouble will burn in hell. The christians or buddhist or whoever have been preaching peace and tries their best for the good of the world, In sha allah will see heaven.
The book was written and can be taken literally during those days but we are at a different generation and era now. that was thousand and thousands years ago. It was also mentioned in Islam that as generation pass by, the book has to be taken non literal and humans are suppose to see beyond words but the depth of the book itself.
Saudi is still one of the worst countries in the world. The book was brought down to bring order to the country. However the Arab kings misused the book and attacked the entire world.
The religion ISLAM has become a victim of the Arabs greed and muslims alike.
There are many bad muslims out there, but there are also many good muslims who used the book for the better of the world.
I know my explanations are not clear due to my english and there are many examples I would like to quote however I am still learning and I am not a scholar in Islam. I believe that its better for people to seek knowledge with a guidance of someone educated – not only in islamic studies but the worldly issues as well.
and to Shariaunveiled I thank you for being the voice of the victim that was being raped. I myself am baffled and utterly disgusted by the Laws in Arab. I am ashamed that that the Arabs are doing this. It brings such a bad name to the other Muslims. They are not fit to call themsleves muslims before they are not a believer of peace.
Shariaunveiled, do Check out Ustaz Nouman Ali Khan on you tube to understand Islam better.
Islam is also a victim. Islam is a victim of greedy Muslims.

1 Like

Re: A Muslim's Defence Of The Peace In Islam by saintkash(m): 9:29am On Feb 18, 2015
nice piece... its all about understanding
Re: A Muslim's Defence Of The Peace In Islam by tartar9(m): 9:34am On Feb 18, 2015
no person has been lashed for being raped
Re: A Muslim's Defence Of The Peace In Islam by chinedumo(m): 12:51pm On Feb 18, 2015
re: Sarah;
Assalam Alaikum.
Thank you for your well written message.
And thank you for thanking me. Every innocent victim deserves a voice. Thank you for being a voice for them to. I know you are.
There are a few points that you made that I might offer an opposing view to.
1. You stated; ‘.. Muhammad had to marry Aisha in order to have a “legal” relationship to take her in the house. He did not touch her at all. Of course we have no proof whether he touched her or NOT. but according to the history of Islam, he did not..’
– Actually we do have proof. There are actually 4 hadiths in Sahih al-Bukhari and 3 in Sahih Muslim, where Aisha Narrated herself that:
‘..the prophet Muhammad was betrothed to me at the age of 6 and he consummated (intercourse) the marriage with me at the age of 9..and I remained with him for 9 years after that..’
You can find this narration by Aisha herself in: Sahih al-Bukhari Vol.7 Book 62 Hadith #64
There are also narrations about the marriage and consumation in Abu-Dawud and a few other hadiths.
2. Due to the abrogation of Islamic scriptures in al-Qur’an.. the Meccan scriptures are often abrogated by the Medinian.
Unfortunately, it is the Medinian scriptures where we find:
Quran (5:33) – “The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement”
Quran (8:12) – “I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them”
– – – –
3. Additionally, ALL Muslims are commanded to ‘..follow in the way of the prophet..’ and Muhammad is acknowledged and recognized as the perfect example of a Muslim.
Therefore, when Muhammad murdered 900 Jews by beheading at the Battle of Banu Qurayza, I believe this may have set a very bad precedence for Muslims that came later and committed violent acts. Rightly or wrongly so, these violent individuals are using Muhammad’s example and the scriptures above from al-Qur’an as their “justification” for their violent acts, even today.
I welcome your thoughts on what I have written.
And your English is perfect. Probably much better than mine.
Peace and love be with you and your family
Re: A Muslim's Defence Of The Peace In Islam by Nobody: 1:09pm On Feb 18, 2015
sowie to say ma bro, ya sick and high on glue. who d hell told ya dat islam is a religion of piss? go to ile koran(skool of koran), rite from small dey teach dis children how to hate a christian and to see jews as an enemy. its only going to be better if ya so called good muslims realize d fact dat, d koran and d hadith appreciates violence. hence, d nid to remove and edit d koran away of dose violent verses. even president sisi of egypt in his presentation, on d 1st of jan dis year, said d problem of dis worls is islam. and dere is a nid to remove d radical elements in d koran. so before ya start to claim piss, make sure ya tink and tink well, d problem was created by muhammed and can only be solved wen most of his teachings re removed from islam. so many muslims like 9jaforlife tartar9 tola9ja Rilwayne001 Empiree Abuamam knows deep down dat d koran and hadith is only abt d lust and greed of one man. in our conclusion in a particular thread, i Ifeann and pastokun, concluded dat if d life of dat false prophet is filmed, its going to be erotic and will be anoda spartacus to watch. lastly, ur claim dat islam is a religion of piss, is bin defeated wen d same useless prophet said dat anyman who kills for d sake of d moon god will be given 72 virgins and eternal e*rection. dat is one offer any mad man will wanna grab, buh if i were to be a muslim, i will rather prefer one virgin here dan 72 virgins in hell, datz if any lipsrsealed
Re: A Muslim's Defence Of The Peace In Islam by onetrack(m): 1:10pm On Feb 18, 2015
The OP seems to be admitting that Islam is a man-made religion.
Re: A Muslim's Defence Of The Peace In Islam by 9jaforlife: 1:18pm On Feb 18, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Thank you but we are happy to be Muslims. If it bothers you too much, go and hug wet transformer cheesy
Re: A Muslim's Defence Of The Peace In Islam by Nobody: 1:29pm On Feb 18, 2015
9jaforlife:

Thank you but we are happy to be Muslims. If it bothers you too much, go and hug wet transformer cheesy
ma bro, datz y ya ve ya own section for ya and ya people. Leave us here to pour out our anger, cos nufin ya will say will stop us from saying d truth. Ifeann will continue to open more thread for dis course, and u will only be shooting yaself at ya foot if ya kip coming here to spy. U were born a muslim, its not ya fault, I wil do same for ma faith. Buh wen I see wad iz wrong I speak out, today d world is crashing down n its knee all becos of islam. Ya dad is a polygamist all becos of islam, yaself and ya siblings re suffering today all be cos of islam. Many of ya sisters and daughters re suffering from child marriage and its vices all becos of muhammed. Many of ya family re suffering from illetracy cos of islam, many innocent christians and ya brodas and sistas in d north re dying today all becos of muhammed. Nobody is saying live ya fate, buh wen ya see dat a man said ya shld marry of ya 9 years old child to and old idiot as old as 54, condemn dat bastard and say no to false teachings. I come from a muslim setting buh islam is fast dying in ma village, so many converting to christianity. Islam is modern dat slavery, free yaself bro.

Re: A Muslim's Defence Of The Peace In Islam by 9jaforlife: 1:39pm On Feb 18, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
in ma village, so many converting to christianity.

Obviously, the ONLY place you've been to is your village smiley
Re: A Muslim's Defence Of The Peace In Islam by Ifeann(f): 4:48pm On Feb 18, 2015
onetrack:
The OP seems to be admitting that Islam is a man-made religion.

I was about to say what u just said... I am surprised a muslim is implying the religion was made to stop the atrocities of 7th century Arabs and forgot to give instructions for the rest of mankind and for all time like it says in the quran.

There are so many errors in the write up that I find it hard to believe a quran reading muslim wrote this.

2 Likes

Re: A Muslim's Defence Of The Peace In Islam by Nobody: 6:57pm On Feb 18, 2015
9jaforlife:

Obviously, the ONLY place you've been to is your village smiley
The challenge I have with u is dt apart from incoherence insults and self conviction u have nothing to defend Islam with.
Such a shame especially seeing dt ur self conviction is either indefensible with facts or there is no basis.
I suggest u stop making a fool of urself and read up ur Koran or renounce d monstrousity called Islam
Re: A Muslim's Defence Of The Peace In Islam by 9jaforlife: 11:22pm On Feb 18, 2015
Bobbysworld28:

The challenge I have with u is dt apart from incoherence insults and self conviction u have nothing to defend Islam with.
Such a shame especially seeing dt ur self conviction is either indefensible with facts or there is no basis.
I suggest u stop making a fool of urself and read up ur Koran or renounce d monstrousity called Islam

Whatever I choose to follow is MY headache. Why are YOU the one taking panadol

Oh! I forgot, you don't have a life smiley
Re: A Muslim's Defence Of The Peace In Islam by Nobody: 12:05am On Feb 19, 2015
9jaforlife:

Whatever I choose to follow is MY headache. Why are YOU the one taking panadol

Oh! I forgot, you don't have a life smiley

Thanks!
At least it is clear u r unable to show dt ur prophet is not a prophet
Re: A Muslim's Defence Of The Peace In Islam by 9jaforlife: 12:19am On Feb 19, 2015
Bobbysworld28:

Thanks!
At least it is clear u r unable to show dt ur prophet is not a prophet

You will die on top Muhammed matter cheesy cheesy
Re: A Muslim's Defence Of The Peace In Islam by Nobody: 6:40am On Feb 20, 2015
Lol!
So u agree dt he is a killer?
Nice...

(1) (Reply)

ISIS Fighter Converts To Christianity After A Clinical Death Experience / What Is Vain Repetition? / Does God Truely Care For Man His Creature?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.