Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,826 members, 7,817,411 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

My Experience Via ORE-BENIN Highway....terrible!!! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience Via ORE-BENIN Highway....terrible!!! (1130 Views)

Accident Along Benin Highway Few Days Ago,Some Dead,Others Injured(Pics) / Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) / Fatal Accident Along Benin Highway,scores Of Passengers Feared Dead.graphic Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Via ORE-BENIN Highway....terrible!!! by iamphilips(m): 11:50am On Feb 18, 2015
hello nairalanders, im actually on a trip to Akure from lagos. I school in akure. I left the park by 9.30am...im currently on the road. Seriously, the state of the road is very bad. On a normal day, i sit at the back section of the bus. But today i'm on the front passanger sit. Hardly can we drive 5-10seconds without entering a pot hole. 80% of the road is made up of pot holes. Im even having pity on the shock absorbes of the bus. The driver cant even go above 80KMPH. This is totally unacceptable. I was told dat its a federal road. On a normal day, i am a GEJ supporter, which i am still but this is totally bad of him n his party. I hope he gets to fix this in the next 4years. Wish me a happy Bumpy ride. Bye!
Re: My Experience Via ORE-BENIN Highway....terrible!!! by Nobody: 12:06pm On Feb 18, 2015
I believe you wrote this in 2010. Either that or you are trapped back in time.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Via ORE-BENIN Highway....terrible!!! by gogochocolate: 1:02pm On Feb 18, 2015
OP YOU ARE A BLOODY LAIR. I LEFT LAGOS LAST THURSDAY BY 5.30 AM. I HIT BENIN AT 9.30AM.I HIT ONITSHA BY 11.00 AM AND ENUGU BY 12.30PM. EVEN WITH ALL THE CUSTOMS AND POLICE CHECKPOINT WHALA ON THE ROAD I STILL HIT ENUGU BEFORE 1.00PM. WHEN I TOLD PEOPLE I LEFT LAGOS FOR ENUGU THAT SAME DAY THEY WERE SURPRISED. THE ROAD FROM ORE TO ONITSHA IS WORLD CLASS. BROS STOP LYING. I REMEMBER WHEN I STAYED IN BENIN DURING OBASANJO TENURE ALL THE PEOPLE IN MY VILLAGE KNEW MY HOUSE BECAUSE THEY WERE ALWAYS GETTING TO BENIN LATE DUE TO THE BAD ROAD AND LOOKING FOR WHERE TO PASS THE NIGHT. THAT STORY LOOKS LIKE A FOLKLORE NOW. THE ONLY BAD PORTION IS FROM SHAGAMU TO ORE WHICH IS FAIRLY MOTOR-ABLE. THAT ROAD IS THE SINGULAR REASON WHY I WOULD VOTE JONATHAN.
Re: My Experience Via ORE-BENIN Highway....terrible!!! by iamphilips(m): 2:15pm On Feb 18, 2015
gogochocolate:
OP YOU ARE A BLOODY LAIR. I LEFT LAGOS LAST THURSDAY BY 5.30 AM. I HIT BENIN AT 9.30AM.I HIT ONITSHA BY 11.00 AM AND ENUGU BY 12.30PM. EVEN WITH ALL THE CUSTOMS AND POLICE CHECKPOINT WHALA ON THE ROAD I STILL HIT ENUGU BEFORE 1.00PM. WHEN I TOLD PEOPLE I LEFT LAGOS FOR ENUGU THAT SAME DAY THEY WERE SURPRISED. THE ROAD FROM ORE TO ONITSHA IS WORLD CLASS. BROS STOP LYING. I REMEMBER WHEN I STAYED IN BENIN DURING OBASANJO TENURE ALL THE PEOPLE IN MY VILLAGE KNEW MY HOUSE BECAUSE THEY WERE ALWAYS GETTING TO BENIN LATE DUE TO THE BAD ROAD AND LOOKING FOR WHERE TO PASS THE NIGHT. THAT STORY LOOKS LIKE A FOLKLORE NOW. THE ONLY BAD PORTION IS FROM SHAGAMU TO ORE WHICH IS FAIRLY MOTOR-ABLE. THAT ROAD IS THE SINGULAR REASON WHY I WOULD VOTE JONATHAN.
dats why people wont have comon sense. I said frm lagos-akure. The road was teribble till one part near ORE where RCC was constructing. We went 30mins without pot hole

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Via ORE-BENIN Highway....terrible!!! by iamphilips(m): 2:18pm On Feb 18, 2015
mulante:
I believe you wrote this in 2010. Either that or you are trapped back in time.
im still in the bus till nw, i havent gotten to akure. 9:30pm-2:17pm. Tho im in ondo already
Re: My Experience Via ORE-BENIN Highway....terrible!!! by holyboss: 3:10pm On Feb 18, 2015
iamphilips:
im still in the bus till nw, i havent gotten to akure. 9:30pm-2:17pm. Tho im in ondo already
I tink his comment is abt ur dumb hopeā€¦. #noPonJustSaying

VOTE FOR BETTER ROAD

VOTE 4 CHANGE

VOTE BUHARI

1 Like

Re: My Experience Via ORE-BENIN Highway....terrible!!! by Vicjustice: 3:15pm On Feb 18, 2015
iamphilips:
i am a GEJ supporter, which i am still but this is totally bad of him n his party. I hope he gets to fix this in the next 4years. Wish me a happy Bumpy ride. Bye!
Why do you have to give him another 4 years to fix it when he failed to fix it in the 8 years that he has been in office, both as the Vice and the President?
I remember this was the one and only request of the Oba of Benin when Jonathan visited him...
Re: My Experience Via ORE-BENIN Highway....terrible!!! by Funjosh(m): 7:37am On Feb 19, 2015
From Lagos to Onipetesi in Ondo state is very worst, but from Ore to Benin its a smooth ride. cool
Re: My Experience Via ORE-BENIN Highway....terrible!!! by amii131(f): 8:12am On Feb 19, 2015
una don start politics here shebi@op wat abt if you passed that lag _benin road wen obj was on seat wetin u for talk'

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Skylines / Top 5 Major Roads In Lagos With The Worst Traffic / Hq

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.