Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

How Marriage Has Become A Luxury In Nigeria - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Marriage Has Become A Luxury In Nigeria (27440 Views)

See How Marriage Used To Be Sweet; B4 The Love Of Money Started Scattering Homes / Solution To The Top 3 Major Marriage Problems Marriage Has Difficult / How Marriage Affects Relationships With Close Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Marriage Has Become A Luxury In Nigeria by ghostmist: 2:06pm On Mar 02, 2015
Evina:
My God!this girl get sense die..

Ammyluv, if loving you will cost me 14 years in jail, I'd gladly pay the price. grin

Honestly! And you need to attend the marriage classes organized by some churches to see how the counsellors and pastors do shakara. They even told us we MUST specially feed the pastors and ALL the church unit members!

If I had my way, NO white wedding! angry I have even told my vineyard that there will be no bride's maids, groom's men and asoebi!

In fact, when he told me how much he intended to spend, I reduced the budget by 50% and told him we would use the rest to open an account for our children's education/welfare.

I am very irritated at the thought of spending so much for a ceremony that wouldn't last more than a few hours. All those talk of you only wed once don't move me. There is a life after the wedding!
Re: How Marriage Has Become A Luxury In Nigeria by sophtaf(f): 2:39pm On Mar 02, 2015
anukulapo:

I bet they imparted more than they were paid for.
just as the parents have imparted more than u'r paying for but yet stil cmplainin.
Re: How Marriage Has Become A Luxury In Nigeria by Slimmos(m): 2:45pm On Mar 02, 2015
HoneySwag:

story for d gods.... U empty vessel, poor mentality,u dey craze,e no go beta for u,dem tell u say i dey find man,useless fool
pls back off, i dont do ugly girls...pls am begging u with God,Allah,Jesus,amadioha,sango,ifa..i am allergic and hav phobia for ugly girls...
Re: How Marriage Has Become A Luxury In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 02, 2015
Evina:

cheesy kiss smiley
wink wink wink

I should start preparing for my gown suit abi? grin
Re: How Marriage Has Become A Luxury In Nigeria by HoneySwag(f): 3:06pm On Mar 02, 2015
Slimmos:
pls back off, i dont do ugly girls...pls am begging u with God,Allah,Jesus,amadioha,sango,ifa..i am allergic and hav phobia for ugly girls...

bastard ur mama no fine reach me she be mgbeke,ur gf no fine reach me she be atutupoyoyo ,ur sis no fine reach me she be gold diga,ur family dem be gorila,u na baboon,all of una ugly dats y u no fit upload ur pic. I don't talk to stupid pple so don't talk to me
Re: How Marriage Has Become A Luxury In Nigeria by Slimmos(m): 3:42pm On Mar 02, 2015
HoneySwag:

bastard ur mama no fine reach me she be mgbeke,ur gf no fine reach me she be atutupoyoyo ,ur sis no fine reach me she be gold diga,ur family dem be gorila,u na baboon,all of una ugly dats y u no fit upload ur pic. I don't talk to stupid pple so don't talk to me
do u need my fb username to verify...?
Re: How Marriage Has Become A Luxury In Nigeria by anukulapo: 4:04pm On Mar 02, 2015
sophtaf:
just as the parents have imparted more than u'r paying for but yet stil cmplainin.
I don't understand. Anyways,I just dey joke sha.

1 Like

Re: How Marriage Has Become A Luxury In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 02, 2015
durocity:

You are right bro... Have been going to my friend family guest house for some months now, there is an area of the guest house used for short rest in which they pay 500 naira for an hour to use. You won't believe the number of married women brought there every day, week in week out to be laid down... I just look and shake my head for there husband and kids.
shocked shocked
Re: How Marriage Has Become A Luxury In Nigeria by HoneySwag(f): 4:17pm On Mar 02, 2015
Slimmos:
do u need my fb username to verify...?

eh? verify wat? ugly fool
Re: How Marriage Has Become A Luxury In Nigeria by Slimmos(m): 4:23pm On Mar 02, 2015
HoneySwag:

eh? verify wat? ugly fool
honeyswag
Re: How Marriage Has Become A Luxury In Nigeria by HoneySwag(f): 4:34pm On Mar 02, 2015
Slimmos:
honeyswag

jus beta be careful wit me o.... cos if u like trouble am always ready to giv u double
Re: How Marriage Has Become A Luxury In Nigeria by anthoniaz(f): 5:51pm On Mar 02, 2015
bukatyne:

You still look very beautiful with the cost cutting

Luckily for me, I went shopping with my mum and cous so I could rely on their experience of 'this is a waste', 'that has a substitute' etc. Looking back now, I might have still cut on little stuffs ....

Most of those stuffs end up as waste and occupy space grin

The important that is the life afterwards which a lot of people don't care about
Thanks smiley
Yeah! I know someone who spent 45k on make up,50k for just the wrapper for trad excluding the lace they used.Now she's complaining about her ring and her hubby's own because they have turned black.She bought a ring of 5k grin.The thing is that the trad clothes are only occupying space now, according to her, they are too heavy to be worn on regular basis.Some of the things we spend so much money on are not just worth it, if you have excess money, fine but not wasting your whole money on unimportant things and leaving the important ones.No matter how hard to make your occasion to be the 'talk of the town', there are people who won't still be pleased smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What's The Most Annoying Experience You Had With Your Dad? / Baby Musa Reunites With His Family / Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.