Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,062 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Do You Know That Windows “Cortana” Can Now Predict EPL Match Results? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Do You Know That Windows “Cortana” Can Now Predict EPL Match Results? (1225 Views)

Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile / Cortana Is Officially Out For Android Devices / Cortana Can Now Predict All EPL Matches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know That Windows “Cortana” Can Now Predict EPL Match Results? by TechyGirl(f): 3:14pm On Feb 18, 2015
I am a huge fan of Siri for IPhone, even though I knew about Cortana, I never tried it out because I heard it wasn't so amazing. In case you don't Cortana is the name for the Intelligent personal assistant and knowledge navigator for Windows Phone 8.1.

This month, Windows announced that Cortana would be able to predict EPL matches and being a football fan, you can imagine my face when I learnt about this! I didn't even wait a minute before I rushed to try the feature out.. and yup they were right. The way it operates is, it uses algorithm from different top football sites to provide its results.

After further research, I found out that a lot of people in UK now use this feature on Betting Sites, can you imagine?? Aaron Souppouris from Engadget tried out the feature and it predicted more than half of the results right for him .. LOL. see his predictions below:

Lol...but I trust NAIJA. If I hear that they would stake their hard earned money on this prediction app...

So how do you activate this feature (In case you want to use it for fun)

1. Get a Windows phone smiley
2. Upgrade to Windows 8.1
3. Go directly to the Cortana App in the App Grid ( Note: Don’t use the shortcut to Cortana)
4. Start Predicting!

I tried out the above steps, and yeah it predicted what I asked it to[b] predict the next match for ( Manchester United vs Swansea & Arsenal vs Crystal Palace)[/b]… See the results on [url][/url]

Re: Do You Know That Windows “Cortana” Can Now Predict EPL Match Results? by gulfer: 3:35pm On Feb 18, 2015
Can it predict the winner of the presidential elections

1 Like

Re: Do You Know That Windows “Cortana” Can Now Predict EPL Match Results? by TechyGirl(f): 3:36pm On Feb 18, 2015
gulfer:
Can he predict the winner of the presidential elections?

You can ask it smiley
Re: Do You Know That Windows “Cortana” Can Now Predict EPL Match Results? by Wittylens(m): 3:36pm On Feb 18, 2015
TechyGirl:

You can ask it smiley

Ask it for us cheesy
Re: Do You Know That Windows “Cortana” Can Now Predict EPL Match Results? by Dmanlex(m): 4:05pm On Feb 18, 2015
If anyone bet on this he/she will regret cos merry nd Nairabet will smile. Can't trust dis now abi dey apps dey fix match
Re: Do You Know That Windows “Cortana” Can Now Predict EPL Match Results? by Warlord3000(m): 4:19pm On Feb 18, 2015
Do you know that only a dummy head wey winches dey follow come from village go stake him money on top prediction from a machine program? cheesy
Re: Do You Know That Windows “Cortana” Can Now Predict EPL Match Results? by flowjoe: 6:43pm On Feb 18, 2015
Hin nor dey predict draw
Re: Do You Know That Windows “Cortana” Can Now Predict EPL Match Results? by Kingoflotto(m): 6:50pm On Feb 18, 2015
Can it predict baba ijebu lotto winning numbers or two sure and maybe 3direct answer... asap
Re: Do You Know That Windows “Cortana” Can Now Predict EPL Match Results? by jayauthentic(m): 8:29pm On Feb 18, 2015
She's really deep into I.T ish...
I admire ur Tenacity and Charisma...
Carry go!
Re: Do You Know That Windows “Cortana” Can Now Predict EPL Match Results? by Collinz2(m): 8:57pm On Feb 18, 2015
I dnt believe in trash
Re: Do You Know That Windows “Cortana” Can Now Predict EPL Match Results? by TechyGirl(f): 9:32pm On Feb 18, 2015
jayauthentic:
She's really deep into I.T ish...
I admire ur Tenacity and Charisma...
Carry go!

Wow thank you @JayAuthentic . God bless you smiley

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria’s First Ride Sharing Platform, ‘jekalo’ Launched In Lagos / My Snokor Z5000 Has Refused To Read My Memory Card / PHOTO: Data Price Comparison Between Spectranet, Swift And Smile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.