Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,292 members, 7,815,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile (46778 Views)

Stop! Before You Buy That Infinix Or Tecno Smartphone, Read This. / Spark K7: The Latest Smartphone By TECNO Mobile, See Specs And Price / Did You Know: TECNO, Infinix, And Itel Are Owned By The Same Company? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile by chrisdonpedro: 12:22pm On Oct 05, 2015
I know many people reading this will argue but the fact is that virtually all phones bearing Infinix or iTel as its name are managed by Tecno mobile. So the guys in charge at Tecno mobile are not really concerned what you think about them like many customers persisting they won't buy the new Flagship Phantom 5 because of the outrageous price. The reality is that even the Infinix smartphones that is highly rated by phone users of recent is also managed by Tecno. Checkout the an excerpt from an article written March 4, 2013 by Mr Mobility of Mobilityarena "...Tecno and Carlware make up a conglomerate mobile brand called Infinix. The Infinix brand produces and sells self-branded android smartphones…" Wait, there are other proves like this other excerpt from an article Sept 15, 2015 by same author … Whether you buy a TECNO phone or an Infinix phone, your cash ends up in the same coffers. In other words, they are siblings. TECNO and Infinix have the same parent company. The strategy at work is that Infinix addresses the budget end of the smartphone market (the bottom of the pyramid), while TECNO makes a pitch for the high end. TECNO and Infinix are not competitors. They are two sides of a coin targeting two different segments. Another excerpt from an article written Nov 2014 by Seyi Albert of Thebleet … It paid off for Tecno and more opportunities were even spotted. Soon, there was speculation that Tecno had acquired a part of Mobiwire, a company that is an offshoot of Sagetel (Sagem Mobile’s Manufacturing plant). The company is today called Infinix Mobility, and the goal was simple. Tecno was to service from Lower end up, while Infinix did Mid range down, taking up two disparate markets. The Infinix name is in fact axiomatic to be more high end. If you had checked TecnoTelecom.com before it was redirected to Tecno-Mobile.com, you’d have noticed a portfolio widget by the footer that included Infinix as one of the brands owned by Tecno. So it is like the Toyota-Lexus/Honda-Acura/ Nissan-Infiniti plot. The later is the high end or luxury version of the former. So why are we still complaining about Tecno when they are applying a secret strategy that many customers are not aware of. This means that your Infinix Hot Note, Hot Note Pro, Infinix Hot 2 and many others including itel devices are managed and controlled by the Tecno we rain abuse on. Now that you know that Infinix and itel devices are from Tecno mobile, will you also continue devaluing your awesome hot note pro? Credit to Mobilityarena and thebleet for the excerpt

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 05, 2015
#shaking my head vigorously# Adonbilivit

I think the Op should be banned for just 3months for giving false information.

6 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 05, 2015
Yes I know... and I love that strategy
Re: Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:15pm On Oct 05, 2015
Are you very sure?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:29pm On Oct 05, 2015
Are you very very sure?

Re: Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:35pm On Oct 05, 2015
Are you quite sure

Re: Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:38pm On Oct 05, 2015
Did u research or u concluded?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:56pm On Oct 05, 2015
One thing is clear sha

The people running Infinix are much more competent and smarter than those running Tecno.

Maybe they are under the same umbrella company, but the way they are run is distinct.

Not surprising since Infinix has its roots in Sagem

As for Itel, that one is likely to be untrue seeing that Itel has been around for as long as tecno have been, making rubbish dumb phones. Unless u are telling us Tecno bought Itel over recently

6 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile by ThePeacemaker(m): 7:03pm On Oct 05, 2015
Only your information don fill the whole thread
Re: Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile by Bratking(m): 7:52pm On Oct 05, 2015
Big fact lie.
Re: Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile by drss(m): 10:24pm On Oct 05, 2015
iyke926:
#shaking my head vigorously# Adonbilivit
are u an infinix loyalist grin
Re: Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 05, 2015
drss:

are u an infinix loyalist grin
Nah
Re: Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile by slap1(m): 10:34pm On Oct 05, 2015
Not exactly, OP. But they are under one corporation. Your post is not completely far from the truth.
Re: Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile by Diakon(m): 1:13am On Oct 11, 2015
Op's right. Full story and facts AND research on this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/2636952/did-know-tecno-infinix-itel
Re: Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile by Diakon(m): 1:21am On Oct 11, 2015
To be more correct, TECNO Mobile DOES NOT own Infinix. Transsion Holdings Ltd, formerly known as TECNO Telecom, owns TECNO Mobile, Infinix, itel and CarlCare.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile by francis247(m): 9:51am On Oct 11, 2015
OP na true you talk
No b only infinix nd itel Tecno own, dem also own Apple and Samsung. Mtcheeew...

4 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile by Cirphrank(m): 1:59am On Oct 20, 2015
francis247:
OP na true you talk
No b only infinix nd itel Tecno own, dem also own Apple and Samsung. Mtcheeew...

grin

Dude calm down, OP is actually right and if not that I'm quite fatigued to start typing long stuff now I'd have try throw more light on the issue but I'd say give it a search on Google.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile by abdusalam7474: 4:40pm On Mar 22, 2016
I googled this immediately I saw that my infinix hot 2 is running on tecno software "SW" (don't really know what It mean).
I found this out when I was trying to boot to recovery mode. I was taught the business strategy by my economics teacher. its simply a brand diversion strategy.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile by abdusalam7474: 4:59pm On Mar 22, 2016
Made some research. They (infinix, tecno, itel, carlcare, iflux) are all owned by the same company. TRANSITION HOLDINGS. Visit http://transition.com for more
Re: Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile by daphid25(m): 11:29pm On Mar 22, 2016
abdusalam7474:
Made some research. They (infinix, tecno, itel, carlcare, iflux) are all owned by the same company. TRANSITION HOLDINGS. Visit http://transition.com for more
Then how come tecno makes better phone than the rest
Re: Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile by kolexepana: 10:50pm On Mar 23, 2016
daphid25:

Same question i've been asking embarassed
Re: Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile by testedtechs: 12:20pm On Aug 25, 2016
na wah oooo.....the more you look the less you see....this is business 101 for me....
http://www.transsion.com/?tag=13

just read through....different perspective same company

1 Like

Re: Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 25, 2016
daphid25:
They all make useless phones
Re: Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile by Joeyjones(m): 4:18pm On Aug 25, 2016
This is not true. I googled tecno's history and saw that there was a year tecno bought itel. Tecno openly said it but if u are saying they own infinix y didn't tecno say d same, they agreed that dey own itel y cant dey say d same with. If they are d same company y is it that infinix sells their phones in China,Indonesia,Philippines etc and not only Africa and tecno's only in Africa. Plus infinix produce greater phones than tecno if not that all were released in Nigeria. Check for hot 2 LTE, Zero 2 LTE a 3gb ram device, hot 3 LTE with snapdragon chipset and other ones. Tecno phones are not like that. Tecno and infinix are not the same company but it is possible they are under a parent company.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile by sugarboii(m): 11:05pm On Aug 25, 2016
Joeyjones:
This is not true. I googled tecno's history and saw that there was a year tecno bought itel. Tecno openly said it but if u are saying they own infinix y didn't tecno say d same, they agreed that dey own itel y cant dey say d same with. If they are d same company y is it that infinix sells their phones in China,Indonesia,Philippines etc and not only Africa and tecno's only in Africa. Plus infinix produce greater phones than tecno if not that all were released in Nigeria. Check for hot 2 LTE, Zero 2 LTE a 3gb ram device, hot 3 LTE with snapdragon chipset and other ones. Tecno phones are not like that. Tecno and infinix are not the same company but it is possible they are under a parent company.

No, Tecno never own infinix, but the parent company of tecno, Transsion holdings (the company that owns Tecno Mobile) owns Infinix and Itel also. It just that the three, Tecno, Infinix and itel operate independently.

you can google "Transsion holdings" and read about them
Re: Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile by Proffdada: 5:24am On Nov 22, 2016
sugarboii:

No, Tecno never own infinix, but the parent company of tecno, Transsion holdings (the company that owns Tecno Mobile) owns Infinix and Itel also. It just that the three, Tecno, Infinix and itel operate independently.

you can google "Transsion holdings" and read about them
nothing is said about Infinix under transsion holdings. You guys like making up conjectures that never fit
Re: Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile by pinkyruledworld(m): 7:50am On Nov 22, 2016
I don know this tey tey pinkyruledworld
Re: Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile by donsity(m): 9:17am On Dec 31, 2016
Different Brands, One Vision — To reach beyond the excellence
Facing fierce market competition, TRANSSION uses a multi-brand strategy, launching different brands at different time phases based on the situation of target markets and the various consumers' needs.
Currently, TRANSSION owns three mobile phone brands, TECNO, itel and Infinix, one accessories brand Oraimo, an after-sales brand Carlcare, a lighting brand iFLUX, a home appliance brand Syinix, as well as three mobile internet brands, Palmchat、HelloAf、Af1234

SOURCE
www.transsion.com

therefore this post is true. no more arguing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile by enny66(m): 10:05am On Jul 17, 2017
[VIdeo] TECNO Mobile is a Global Brand – Slot CEO
https://naijmobile.com/video-tecno-mobile-global-band-slot-ceo/
Re: Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile by Auchmani(m): 5:41am On Jan 31, 2018
Who cares. China phone is China phone. They all have the same similarities and build.
Re: Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile by Saintpaul2477: 2:56pm On Feb 01, 2018
Op you lack research, go back and do your research very well.
Re: Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile by chicwoman(f): 4:14pm On Feb 28, 2018
Not fully correct.

Tecno, Infinix and Itel are owned by Transsion Holdings

(1) (2) (Reply)

More Discomfort For Nigerians As NIMC Issues Fresh Directive / PHOTO: Root Your Android Without PC Tested ON N7 Tecno / Do This Before Saving Any Contact On Your Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.