Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,247 members, 7,815,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Card Reader ; The Question JEGA Refused To Answer. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Card Reader ; The Question JEGA Refused To Answer. (2177 Views)

Why I Refused To Detonate My Explosive – Female Bomber (pic) / Picture Of INEC Card Reader Reading A PVC / Inec’s Card Reader: The Game Changer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Card Reader ; The Question JEGA Refused To Answer. by PhockPhockMan: 5:08pm On Feb 18, 2015
I watched the chairman of INEC, Prof ATAHIRU JEGA's presentations at the Senate today of the organization's preparedness for this year's elections. I can tell who cares to listen that this card reader is a time bomb waiting to explode. According to JEGA, the card reader will record and keep accreditation record for reference purpose.
To my surprise, more than one senator asked him if the card reader is admissible in the court of law.
His answer was that "it's left to court to decide"
Imagine after election is won and lost, and the court ruled that it's not admissible in the courts. What do you think will be the fate of the litigants?

2 Likes

Re: Card Reader ; The Question JEGA Refused To Answer. by caselessogbuagu: 5:15pm On Feb 18, 2015
*clear eyez* i cant see how he did not answer the question put to him.
I can't remember them asking him such question prior to 2011 election when he(jega) went there to test-run or show them how the data-capturing machine works and the machine broke down right in front of them(senators).
IMO, jega answered their question perfectly.

6 Likes

Re: Card Reader ; The Question JEGA Refused To Answer. by chimsimdindu: 5:17pm On Feb 18, 2015
Re: Card Reader ; The Question JEGA Refused To Answer. by darksuit(m): 5:17pm On Feb 18, 2015
caselessogbuagu:
*clear eyez* i cant see how he did not answer the question put to him.
I can't remember them asking him such question prior to 2011 election when went there to test-run or show them how the data-capturing machine and the machine broke down right in front of them.
You're right

2 Likes

Re: Card Reader ; The Question JEGA Refused To Answer. by vedaxcool(m): 5:22pm On Feb 18, 2015
PDP already planning to lose, hence they wan know which kain legal magomago dem go fit pull!

6 Likes

Re: Card Reader ; The Question JEGA Refused To Answer. by kestolove95(m): 5:24pm On Feb 18, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
I watched the chairman of INEC, Prof ATAHIRU JEGA's presentations at the Senate today of the organization's preparedness for this year's elections. I can tell who cares to listen that this card reader is a time bomb waiting to explode. According to JEGA, the card reader will record and keep accreditation record for reference purpose.
To my surprise, more than one senator asked him if the card reader is admissible in the court of law.
Imagine after election is won and lost, and the court ruled that it's not admissible in the courts. What do you think will be the fate of the litigants?
why pdp dey fear card reader?

5 Likes

Re: Card Reader ; The Question JEGA Refused To Answer. by Nobody: 5:26pm On Feb 18, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
more than one senator asked him if the card reader is admissible in the court of law.
But your topic says " The question jega refused to answer".........this is contradictory....you need to be given a very hot slap...

4 Likes

Re: Card Reader ; The Question JEGA Refused To Answer. by adebisicutie: 5:36pm On Feb 18, 2015
Is Jega a Judge? Since there is no precedence for using the card reader, the court will have to decide if it's admissible as evidence

2 Likes

Re: Card Reader ; The Question JEGA Refused To Answer. by Nobody: 5:55pm On Feb 18, 2015
WATCHING!!!
Re: Card Reader ; The Question JEGA Refused To Answer. by nicklaus40: 5:57pm On Feb 18, 2015
It is constitutional for INEC to do anything that brings credibility to the electoral process,No court of law can stop this.if INEC feels the card reader will bring more credibility to the process it is within their jurisdiction to use it and I repeat NO COURT OF LAW can stop this

1 Like

Re: Card Reader ; The Question JEGA Refused To Answer. by shaqhead: 6:02pm On Feb 18, 2015
wakacome:
But your topic says " The question jega refused to answer".........this is contradictory..
Guy do u read minds? U jst said EXACTLY wat popped up in my head. IMO Jega answred d question brilliantly...he is not d court to determine wat can or cant be admissible as evidence. All this questions are needless, incongrous and makes dem suspect. We are talkin abt d functionality of a piece of machine for d conduct of smooth elections n som1 is askin if a Vulture wl lyk to hv Jerry curl! I tire for som ppl matter!

2 Likes

Re: Card Reader ; The Question JEGA Refused To Answer. by Nobody: 6:08pm On Feb 18, 2015
shaqhead:

Guy do u read minds? U jst said EXACTLY wat popped up in my head. IMO Jega answred d question brilliantly...he is not d court to determine wat can or cant be admissible as evidence. All this questions are needless, incongrous and makes dem suspect. We are talkin abt d functionality of a piece of machine for d conduct of smooth elections n som1 is askin if a Vulture wl lyk to hv Jerry curl! I tire for som ppl matter!
grin grin grin ***falls from chair****...

1 Like

Re: Card Reader ; The Question JEGA Refused To Answer. by agabusta: 6:39pm On Feb 18, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Pls why is the PDP and her supporters so critical about this card reader? What is the issue sef?

1 Like

Re: Card Reader ; The Question JEGA Refused To Answer. by shaqhead: 6:49pm On Feb 18, 2015
wakacome:
grin grin grin ***falls from chair****...

Guy ur laf dy mk me laf o...anywy glad I made u laf!

1 Like

Re: Card Reader ; The Question JEGA Refused To Answer. by castrogee(m): 6:59pm On Feb 18, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Damn, you just nailed it... This should be a concern to all. However, if I may add, I will advice Jega and Nass members to perish the idea of using the card readers for this election. My reasons are obvious though!

1 Like

Re: Card Reader ; The Question JEGA Refused To Answer. by Seun(m): 7:01pm On Feb 18, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
To my surprise, more than one senator asked him if the card reader is admissible in the court of law. His answer was that "it's left to court to decide"
Is he a judge? What should he have said?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Card Reader ; The Question JEGA Refused To Answer. by Gabrielsylar(m): 7:11pm On Feb 18, 2015
Seun:
Is he a judge? If not, what makes you think he knows the answer to the question? What else should he have said?
seconded
only a judge admits evidence and JEGA is a mallam not a judge undecided
Re: Card Reader ; The Question JEGA Refused To Answer. by mrrock: 7:44pm On Feb 18, 2015
INEC is not ready for this election.

This may be the most controversial election in Nigeria's history. I can see it coming after Jonathan declared winner.

1 Like

Re: Card Reader ; The Question JEGA Refused To Answer. by PhockPhockMan: 7:55pm On Feb 18, 2015
Seun:
Is he a judge? If not, what makes you think he knows the answer to the question? What else should he have said?
You can't understand the situation now. This APC people are too trickish,, because I've realized that anything they support has something fishy. If they tell you before that a court will declare that military is not needed in election, will you agree?
I forsee a problem.

1 Like

Re: Card Reader ; The Question JEGA Refused To Answer. by ireneony(f): 9:49pm On Feb 18, 2015
Seun:
###££

(1) (Reply)

Buba Galadima May Represent Yobe In Buhari's Cabinet / Even If The Elections Are Repeated. ... I Will Vote For Buhari / I Am Afraid PDP Will Stop Buhari In 2019 – Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.