Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,643 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections (15062 Views)

Buhari, Jonathan, Jega Meet In Abuja Tomorrow / Throwback: Attahiru Jega On Tell Magazine, 1997 / Drama As Buhari Overrules Jega On Handover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by link2ok(m): 7:37am On Feb 19, 2015
Just in case...

Let me aquire this piece of land.
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by horlarmelehqan(m): 7:37am On Feb 19, 2015
Some guys won't read d details b4 commenting, ℓ̊ feel so sorry to my dearest country all in d name of ftc, dey will start spewing shit
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by gudnex22(m): 7:38am On Feb 19, 2015
lilbabyak:
I fill so sad for those TANoids above me. they've been blinded by ethnicity and bigotry.
anyway I still

march4buhari

No b only March4buhari na marchpastbuhari

2 Likes

Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by ibeksonyeka(m): 7:38am On Feb 19, 2015
angryWetin sef shuooo we must use soldier joorrrr angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by clemz88(m): 7:38am On Feb 19, 2015
sammyj:
grin
Jwonder:
hmm
EUROBOMBER:
bushdoc9919:
Army or Police?
Infact I have a question.....why can't we use the police for elections?
Because in fifteen years of PDP rule...the Police has not been properly funded. Recall that it took Channels TV to make the govt renovate the Police College, in Ikeja.(and having seen police colleges abroad...our own college is a mess).
The Police is in a mess. By asking for the Army to maintain peace in this elections....the govt over the years(because this is not the first time BTW)...has admitted that the Police has failed.
High time, I think that the National Assembly increased funding for the Police. Infact....forget about State Police....our National Police is on life support! If the Police and Civil Defence cannot maintain security when the Army is otherwise occupied....what do we have a Police force and the Civil Defence for?
Abuja better step up and improve the police.
Sezua:
ayukdaboss:
konny1:
lilprinze:
h
gudnex22:
J
[quote][/quote]see una life. Yt did you all choose to deny me my space
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by Jesuspikin87(m): 7:39am On Feb 19, 2015
IT'S NOT CONSTITUTIONAL TO DEPLOY SOLDIERS FOR ELECTIONS!

READ YOUR CONSTITUTION BEFORE YOU QUOTE ME!
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by bjayx: 7:39am On Feb 19, 2015
soldiers should remain in barracks and on our territorial borders. i hope dis country wil get it one day.
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by nortcentrallord(m): 7:39am On Feb 19, 2015
Why are the crying like a baby seeking attention. What is wrong with the military providing security during election? They won't allow the police to work, they say Mbu is terrorizing them yet the military shouldn't come. @ least the average man in Nigeria respects the NM than any other force in Nigeria. Our democracy has not reached that stage where we can hold election without security agencies like NM. The only reason they would be making this kind of statement is. If they have a plan up their sleeves which will not go well with the presence of the NM. Soon, they will call on the federal govt. To permit LASMA to provide security during the election or even APC thugs to provide security. Mtchewwww.
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by DAVECENA(m): 7:40am On Feb 19, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Gej rules?Where were you when Fayose beat up a thug before policemen? As long as people like Gen Momoh,Aig Mbu remain in service,360,000 troops won't help either.
Our Army has been politicised.
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by tatosh: 7:41am On Feb 19, 2015
Some people have lost all dignity and sense of patriotism just because of ethnic sentiments and a few naira notes in their faces.

Should something which was pronounced illegal by a court of law even be up for debate?

We really need to examine ourselves and look beyond Nigeria in 2015 if we ever want to become a great nation again.

Because for goodness sake I don't understand how someone will come on here and support something unconstitutional just because you want your candidate to win.

I pronounce such people shameless and even when Nigeria is getting better I pray they and theirs do not enjoy the good times. They will continue to be in cluelessness and backwardness

1 Like

Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by iamboody(m): 7:41am On Feb 19, 2015
Let them use millitary. What I know is that military are even tired of continuity they just don't wanna come out in the open an say that... Which military doesn't see what's going on in our country, they are being starved of allowance, being wrongly accused of mutiny, go to the barracks and see what poverty has turned our military to. PDP should know that Military will work against them, that's what I know for sure.
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by Nelgenius4me(m): 7:41am On Feb 19, 2015
So who should be used? #ISmellSomethingFishy

1 Like

Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by Nobody: 7:43am On Feb 19, 2015
The problem is that the use of the military has been abused, there were more soldiers deployed in Ekiti elections than against boko haram.
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by lordizak(m): 7:44am On Feb 19, 2015
chukwudi44:
Bull shit.Deployment of soldiers for national security is a statutory responsibility of the president These idiots want to use their thugs to unleash mayhem on prospective voters. Whether they like it or not soldiers would be deployed

ur parents money on you is a waste, pls buy a constitution and know the law before spewing calumny. u brains are dead, do u even know anything?
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by nortcentrallord(m): 7:48am On Feb 19, 2015
lilbabyak:
I fill so sad for those TANoids above me. they've been blinded by ethnicity and bigotry.
anyway I still

march4buhari
Can you be constructive please? I haven't heard any argument in defense of your stand. Like that guy above said "raise your words not your voice"
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by eleko1: 7:49am On Feb 19, 2015
Pdp govt have nothing to offer U than anguish/scam U of d little u have/make U to scale fence in d name of giving u job. Kick out incompetence,inept,thieves out of Aso rock.VOte BUHARI for President
clemz88:
How does that gives me a job. undecided
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by osimataylor(m): 7:49am On Feb 19, 2015
We now understand why thefalse and fabricated tape recording about the army and Ekiti election was floated.To discredit the army so that they will not be used for d election.APC is the same party that will cry fowl if there is violence during d election.Edo and osun elections army were there no crying by APC .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by ceejayluv(m): 7:49am On Feb 19, 2015
bjayx:
soldiers should remain in barracks and on our territorial borders. i hope dis country wil get it one day.
Even at the threat of boko haram disrupting the elections?
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by nortcentrallord(m): 7:50am On Feb 19, 2015
Aloralord1:

Did u read the part where a COURT ORDER was mentioned? D 'Ekitigate' tape has dented the integrity of the military if not, I won't have any problem with soldiers being deployed on that day. The truth is, there are more Gen Momohs waiting to do biz with Fayose and Obanikoro. smh
I guess the BH should provide us with the needed security that day then? You will argue with me that the police is weak when it comes to other matters but you will suggest them for a volatile matte like providing peace during election. You guys are funny.

1 Like

Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by saduman(m): 7:51am On Feb 19, 2015
We shouldnt forget how the ruling party can use the military to intimidate any opposition. Ekiti saga is still fresh or...
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by mrrock: 7:51am On Feb 19, 2015
APC is a satanic party!. Now, I see a pattern.

This's the real reason they came up with a fake audio recording on how Obanikoro and others were supposedly planning to rig elections with the military. Any intelligent person should know by now that the real reason was to tarnish the image of the Nigerian military by making a connection between the military and election rigging after which they will write Jega. What a desperate script by APC!.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by lordizak(m): 7:52am On Feb 19, 2015
nortcentrallord:

I guess the BH should provide us with the needed security that day then? You will argue with me that the police is weak when it comes to other matters but you will suggest them for a volatile matte like providing peace during election. You guys are funny.
does the law permit the use of military during elections?
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by UncleSnr(m): 7:52am On Feb 19, 2015
No APC, you should encourage them to deploy soldiers. Most of your supporters I have come across both online and offline have violent undertones. They would wreck havoc on us if their candidate is not declared the winner.
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by cooljude(m): 7:52am On Feb 19, 2015
their should be enough security for this election. We know that the number of police officer is not up to (1/4) of the required officer needed to secure this country. Using the military to complement the NPF is not a bad idea but Nigeria honestly has to find a way to upgrade its police.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by nortcentrallord(m): 7:53am On Feb 19, 2015
eleko1:
sad we all knw dat PD pigs are bunch of criminals/law breakers.What do U expect when their head is a animals tenders,the rest shud behave likewise.Pd pigs don bastardize Our military institution with their evil.They can't stp Aregbe of Osun state with their rigging machinery/mercenary(Obanikoro),they'll surely fail.Useless pipu.
If they couldn't stop Aragbeshola with the military, why cry over the presidential. They won't be a ble to stop ur Cattle leader too na except if you guys are scared of something. An Educated animal tender is better than a Fulani cattle rearer. "Education" and "Enlightenment" is the difference.
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by arbitter: 7:55am On Feb 19, 2015
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by nortcentrallord(m): 8:00am On Feb 19, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Army or Police?

Infact I have a question.....why can't we use the police for elections?

Because in fifteen years of PDP rule...the Police has not been properly funded. Recall that it took Channels TV to make the govt renovate the Police College, in Ikeja.(and having seen police colleges abroad...our own college is a mess).

The Police is in a mess. By asking for the Army to maintain peace in this elections....the govt over the years(because this is not the first time BTW)...has admitted that the Police has failed.

High time, I think that the National Assembly increased funding for the Police. Infact....forget about State Police....our National Police is on life support! If the Police and Civil Defence cannot maintain security when the Army is otherwise occupied....what do we have a Police force and the Civil Defence for?

Abuja better step up and improve the police.
It's a shame though. If Inec has been preparing four years for this election but was not still ready now, do you think the police in 5 years will be ready to provide security for the election? In our stage of democracy, only the NA is respected and feared by average Nigerians. After this election, plans should be made for the NPF to be used in subsequent elections not @ this moment you begin to peddle law suit that will negatively affect the life on innocent citizens because thire selfish interest.
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by Adexchelsea19(m): 8:02am On Feb 19, 2015
No military deployment,then i'm not going to d polling unit.I no fit allow sum mallam mak dem cum cut my head just bcs of election.
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by PEREP: 8:03am On Feb 19, 2015
Aloralord1:

Did u read the part where a COURT ORDER was mentioned? D 'Ekitigate' tape has dented the integrity of the military if not, I won't have any problem with soldiers being deployed on that day. The truth is, there are more Gen Momohs waiting to do biz with Fayose and Obanikoro. smh

The constitution superceedes this judgement. The president has been given the powers to deploy soldiers to troubled areas and the question then is 'What effective strategy willbe used?'
Allow Mayhem occur before deployment order?
Deploy the Military and place them at strategic locations in preparation for action should any trouble occur?

The second remains the most practicable because trouble makers will think twice before taking any action but the Army won't be at the pollling stations for sure.

The APC should go the memory lane to understand that GMB won in the northern states in 2011 but they still killed our promising youth corp members which could have been averted with the Military on hand.

Let's think #Nigeriafirst
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by nortcentrallord(m): 8:03am On Feb 19, 2015
ayukdaboss:

Below are excerpts from the court judgement:

Mr Chukwudi, even President Jonathan (if at all he has respect or regards for the Electoral Act and the Constitution) has no right to unleash the Military for any elections.
So, who should provide security for election? Why was everybody calling on and blaming the president that he did not provide security during the last postelection violence? What do you have to say about 2011 post election violence?
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by terrifik19(m): 8:04am On Feb 19, 2015
What is the Military's business with a Democratic election??

Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by Daveaik(m): 8:06am On Feb 19, 2015
Do dey want him to use police b4? So dat wit only N20 dem fit do nonsense for polling unit... D military aint a bad choice; if dem see dem, dey'll maintain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FLASH: Boko Haram Militants Kill 30 / Discos Rejecting Load – Kanji MD / Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.