Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Saharareporters Censorship! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saharareporters Censorship! (732 Views)

Dino Melaye Graduated With 3rd Class, ABU Exam Officers Claim - SaharaReporters / A Shiite Member Shot At Ahmadu Bello University Zaria - Saharareporters / How Obanikoro, Fayose, Uba & Momoh Rigged Ekiti Election- Saharareporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saharareporters Censorship! by Nobody: 9:24am On Feb 19, 2015
Saharareporters is now removing unfavourable comments from it's news articles

If you support Buhari ur comments get displayed but if you support Jonathan or write in opposition to SR news article then your comments gets removed!

For an organisation that enjoys free press to exist I think this behaviour is disgraceful. They rely on free press to pour all kinds of innuendoes on the President of Nigeria but do not have the grace to tolerate opposing comments within its article.

I think this brings their credibility to question and I for one will no longer go on that website again as I block them from sending me any news updates either by e-mail or Facebook!

1 Like

Re: Saharareporters Censorship! by olapluto(m): 9:27am On Feb 19, 2015
Even NL censors comments. Almost all reputable media orgs (BBC,CNN; ABC, FOX, even the Independent newspaper) sanction comments.
As per Buhari's case, I think it is long overdue. With GEJ and PDP leading a strong campaign of image abuse, even mocking his dead family members, I think it is warranted. There are some lines one should not cross.
Re: Saharareporters Censorship! by Nobody: 9:41am On Feb 19, 2015
olapluto:
Even NL censors comments. Almost all reputable media orgs (BBC,CNN; ABC, FOX, even the Independent newspaper) sanction comments.
As per Buhari's case, I think it is long overdue. With GEJ and PDP leading a strong campaign of image abuse, even mocking his dead family members, I think it is warranted. There are some lines one should not cross.

did you make the above comment?

an act you daily engage in ?

judgement day will really be messy
Re: Saharareporters Censorship! by Nobody: 10:00am On Feb 19, 2015
It's a private enterprise and they have the right to censor any post/comment that they deem unfit/unworthy of their.
Also, they have freedom to support any candidate of their choice. Vanguard, AIT, NTA and even NL has their preferred candidate... So WTF

2 Likes

Re: Saharareporters Censorship! by Change2015(m): 10:03am On Feb 19, 2015
The first thing you should do, is provide evidence for your claim!

#change
#GMB
#APC

1 Like

Re: Saharareporters Censorship! by chamboy(m): 10:17am On Feb 19, 2015
AIT, NTA n Nairaland would do the same for GEJ
Re: Saharareporters Censorship! by Nobody: 10:20pm On Feb 19, 2015
A media organisation that rely on free press can not engage in censorship. While they are a private enterprise, their product is a matter of public interest. The can not allow only comments they view as favourable on their website. Its not acceptable.

Their behaviour is disgraceful. If Saharareporters does things because NTA would do the same then they must accept their partisanship and stop pretending they represent the free press.
Re: Saharareporters Censorship! by kayzat: 10:33pm On Feb 19, 2015
mikeansy:
A media organisation that rely on free press can not engage in censorship. While they are a private enterprise, their product is a matter of public interest. The can not allow only comments they view as favourable on their website. Its not acceptable.

Their behaviour is disgraceful. If Saharareporters does things because NTA would do the same then they must accept their partisanship and stop pretending they represent the free press.

say that to Seun and his gangs .

(1) (Reply)

Helicopters Drop Boko Haram Flyers In Adamawa / Letter To The I.G Of Police- Disgraceful Trend Of Mobilization Fee In The NPF / Do You Always Drop The Pink Copy Of The Deposit Slip In The Bank???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.