Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,741 members, 7,831,365 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

The National Assembly Remains A Major Hindrance To Our Development! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The National Assembly Remains A Major Hindrance To Our Development! (519 Views)

Port-Harcourt Road, A Major Road In ABA Has Turned To "River Niger" / Dino Melaye's Ex Classmates Visit Him At The National Assembly (Photos) / A Major Road In Aba After The Rain Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The National Assembly Remains A Major Hindrance To Our Development! by dein77(m): 2:22pm On Feb 19, 2015
It's indeed sad. I'm yet a state a nation's National Assembly so powerful but useless than ours! These folks have all the constitutional powers to make and enact relevant laws capable of moving this national forward, but it's so dead to its powers. It's more concerned about its power than it is about its responsibility to the people of these nation. Well, what does one expect? Weren't they s (elected) from the generally corrupt populace? All the opposition lawmakers are equally dead to and are a huge disgrace. We hardly see them argue on matters of governance.

I was elated when serious considerations and wide consultations were made to amend some visible lacuna, plus adding/removing appropriate and current sections and clauses into the Constitution. But these guys had their own parochial interests in mind.

We have some issues that if not corrected, will never allow this nation to move forward: I was very angry to read these thugs didn't do anything as regards the notorious Immunity Clause, Devolution of powers, LG autonomy (couldn't believe some states, including mine, voted against it), official corruption, Fiscal Regime, etc.

Instead these comedians recently amended the Constitution so all past presidents, vice presidents, and all principal officers of the national assembly could be entitled to life pensions. Yes, LIFE PENSIONS! ! Was the average created merely for food?

These are the main issues dragging us backwards. There's little any president, no matter how saintly he is, can do when we such an anti progressive system in place. We have a faulty structure, and until these issues are dispassionately dealt with, WE ARE GOING NOWHERE!

It's so sad that while these thieves are amongst the less productive lawmakers in the world, they allegedly earn some of the most outrageous and ridiculous salaries ever known to lawmakers.

1 Like

Re: The National Assembly Remains A Major Hindrance To Our Development! by deleo16(m): 2:27pm On Feb 19, 2015
dein77:
It's indeed sad. I'm yet a state a nation's National Assembly so powerful but useless than ours! These folks have all the constitutional powers to make and enact relevant laws capable of moving this national forward, but it's so dead to its powers. It's more concerned about its power than it is about its responsibility to the people of these nation. Well, what does one expect? Weren't they s (elected) from the generally corrupt populace? All the opposition lawmakers are equally dead to and are a huge disgrace. We hardly see them argue on matters of governance.

I was elated when serious considerations and wide consultations were made to amend some visible lacuna, plus adding/removing appropriate and current sections and clauses into the Constitution. But these guys had their own parochial interests in mind.

We have some issues that if not corrected, will never allow this nation to move forward: I was very angry to read these thugs didn't do anything as regards the notorious Immunity Clause, Devolution of powers, LG autonomy (couldn't believe some states, including mine, voted against it), official corruption, Fiscal Regime, etc.
These are the main issues dragging us backwards. There's little any president, no matter how saintly he is, can do when we such an anti progressive system in place. We have a faulty structure, and until these issues are dispassionately dealt with, WE ARE GOING NOWHERE!

It's so sad that while these thieves are amongst the less productive lawmakers in the world, they allegedly earn some of the most outrageous and ridiculous salaries ever known to lawmakers.
op you are right nigeria legislators are like lion that cant roar

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Allegedly Harvests And Sells Human Organs / Omotola Jolade Being Pressurized By APC&PDP For Endorsement. / Even If Its Apc Leadership, It Shouldn't Be Buhari!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.