Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,990 members, 7,828,498 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

The Main Reasons Why I Want to Contest under Sdp - Barry Avotu Johnson 1st - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Main Reasons Why I Want to Contest under Sdp - Barry Avotu Johnson 1st (783 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Abiola, Atiku Before SDP Presidential Primaries In 1993 / SDP (Olu Falae's Party) Endorses President Goodluck Jonathan / Hakila Yerima Is Dead (SDP Governorship Candidate In Adamawa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Main Reasons Why I Want to Contest under Sdp - Barry Avotu Johnson 1st by btvnigeria(m): 6:48pm On Feb 19, 2015
The Main Reasons Why I Want to Contest under Sdp - Barry Avotu Johnson 1st

I ve been working very hard to contribute my quarter to the development of our nation Nigeria since I left post primary school some years back.
Nigeria is a nation that is designed to promote the activities of good governance and the respect for the rule of law.

And on that value I decided to join a political party that can accept my ideologies to move Nigeria to the next level.

I was with the CPC and later there came a merger between ANPP, CPC and the CAN and they called it the APC.

And from there the party members started working out the merger actions like selecting members to hold party positions to restructure the party to face the electoral activities in 2015.

As the parties in Nigeria starts providing platforms for electoral positions in the party in the fct, I was selected and not elected because I wasn’t at the venue where they said election was held.
I was selected to serve as an assistant organizing secretary in Amac fct.

I took the position and was happy that at least Nigeria has an opposition in politics not knowing that the leaders of the party already had an agreement to share every position to only members who are close to them as the leaders of the merger talk.

I don’t have a problem with the style of politics that they decide to play but am disturbed with the activities that surrounds the actions and the values too gave me the opportunity to be an opposition inside the APC, and all that made me a enemy of the party even when I gave the party my all in the time of formation stage.

I can’t belong to a political party that is founded on the ideologies of selections and not elections in democratic settings.

The leaders of the party are not democratically fit in the fct to run a political party in a country like Nigeria and this will take us a long time to settle issues that may arise in the formation of a perfect opposition in the future.

A political party with wrong bed fellows can’t succeed as an opposition in a nation like Nigeria where things are done the wrong way.

But as an opposition party, they are expected to understand that everything they do must be on the platform of sincerity and honesty.

But in the case of the leaders of the party in the fct, they are even worse than the PDP they are accusing as corrupt politicians.

Basically I understood that the opposition in Nigeria are opposition because they are not in power and they have to regroup to seize power so they too can operate a government they can protect and run in their own style of leadership.

Re: The Main Reasons Why I Want to Contest under Sdp - Barry Avotu Johnson 1st by shadelek(m): 6:51pm On Feb 19, 2015

(1) (Reply)

The Forces Against Buhari / B-U-R-S-T-E-D!!! Buhari’s Claimed ‘london’ Interview Was Recorded In Transcorp H / What Socia Media Propaganda Can't Do Against GEJ- Edem Duke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.