Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Nigerian Senate Express Confidence In Jega, INEC; Okay Card Readers For Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Senate Express Confidence In Jega, INEC; Okay Card Readers For Election (16609 Views)

Stephanie Hegarty Reacts To Magu's Rejection By Nigerian Senate / Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court Toady: ''I Have No Confidence In This Court'' / INEC Insists On Card Readers For Guber Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Senate Express Confidence In Jega, INEC; Okay Card Readers For Election by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:50pm On Feb 19, 2015
Ahead of the March and April Nigerian general elections, the Senate has expressed satisfaction with the level of readiness and preparedness of the Independent National Electoral Commission to conduct free, fair and credible elections.

The Senate’s position on INEC and the forthcoming elections was disclosed by David Mark, the Senate President, following the briefing and demonstration of the workings of the card reader by INEC Chairman, Attahiru Jega, and his team during plenary on Wednesday.

To guarantee the credibility of the elections and prevent use of fake permanent voter cards, the electoral management body will use card readers for accreditation of voters, Mr. Jega, a Professor of Political Science, said.
Expressing confidence in Mr. Jega and INEC in his remark, Mr. Mark assured the Commission of support of the Senate to conduct free, fair and credible elections.

[b]He added that the session was beneficial to both INEC and the lawmakers.
“We have so much confidence that you will organise free, fair and credible elections; indeed all of us who are standing for election in the Senate will like to come back,” Mr. Mark said. “We will like to win our election but we want to win in free, fair and credible elections. I can say that nobody seated here wants to come back through the back door.
“It is for us to assist you to conduct free, fair and credible elections and whatever we can do between now and the date you have chosen for us to go for the elections, we will not hesitate to do. I believe that you have benefitted from this interaction; we have also benefitted. A number of issues have been raised and they are pointers to the way you will like to look at the administrative and technical issues that have also been raised.’’
Mr. Mark also urged his colleagues to utilise the electronic mail facility provided by INEC to report problems they and other people might be experiencing in their constituencies.[/b]

Although two senators of the Peoples Democratic Party, Heineken Lokpobri and Odion Ugbesia, argued against the use of card readers for the coming elections on the ground of alleged unconstitutionality, Mr. Jega stood his ground and argued that no section of the constitution forbade electronic device for accreditation.

He explained the difference between actual voting and accreditation, saying electronic devices such as card reader was only unconstitutional in respect of actual voting, defined as casting of ballot and dropping it in the ballot box.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/177170-nigerian-senate-expresses-confidence-in-jega-inec-okays-card-readers-for-elections.html

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Express Confidence In Jega, INEC; Okay Card Readers For Election by LRNZH(m): 7:51pm On Feb 19, 2015
It implies PDP has devised another means of rigging the election. Agents of darkness.

60 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Express Confidence In Jega, INEC; Okay Card Readers For Election by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:53pm On Feb 19, 2015
As if they had any choice!

Sai Buhari Joor!!!

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Senate Express Confidence In Jega, INEC; Okay Card Readers For Election by garrix8: 7:54pm On Feb 19, 2015
We remain vigilant and will always be alert to any mode of rigging the killer party wishes to deploy.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Senate Express Confidence In Jega, INEC; Okay Card Readers For Election by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:56pm On Feb 19, 2015
Weather they express confidence in Jega or Jega in express confidence, all we have to do is 2 say

a capital NO to an elder of DAY BEFORE YESTERDAY coming to rule Leaders of TOMORROW..

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Express Confidence In Jega, INEC; Okay Card Readers For Election by prinzeepule(m): 7:59pm On Feb 19, 2015
Thank God dey used dia head this time

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Express Confidence In Jega, INEC; Okay Card Readers For Election by eazisky(m): 8:00pm On Feb 19, 2015
I bet u oga Jonathan will threaten jega to postpone d election again and again... .

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Express Confidence In Jega, INEC; Okay Card Readers For Election by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:10pm On Feb 19, 2015
LRNZH:
It implies PDP has devised another means of rigging the election. Agents of darkness.

Is left for us the electorates to defend our votes!

16 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Express Confidence In Jega, INEC; Okay Card Readers For Election by clevvermind(m): 8:17pm On Feb 19, 2015
LRNZH:
una go tire o.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Senate Express Confidence In Jega, INEC; Okay Card Readers For Election by clevvermind(m): 8:19pm On Feb 19, 2015
garrix8:
We remain vigilant and will always be alert to any mode of rigging the killer party wishes to deploy.
that is apc.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Express Confidence In Jega, INEC; Okay Card Readers For Election by omenka(m): 8:20pm On Feb 19, 2015
RIP Jonathan 2015!!! grin

Where's my Remmy Martins?? Gotta toast to this! cheesy

35 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Express Confidence In Jega, INEC; Okay Card Readers For Election by jorlons(m): 8:26pm On Feb 19, 2015
Great development from the senate. I hope the PDP will lay to rest any other schemes to further disrupt the march 28th elections.

GMB/PYO for the next four years.

40 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Express Confidence In Jega, INEC; Okay Card Readers For Election by clevvermind(m): 8:27pm On Feb 19, 2015
omenka:
RIP Jonathan 2015!!! grin

Where's my Remmy Martins?? Gotta toast to this! cheesy
you are free to toast now cos what is coming ahead will shock you.

16 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Express Confidence In Jega, INEC; Okay Card Readers For Election by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:31pm On Feb 19, 2015
[s]
clevvermind:
you are free to toast now cos what is coming ahead will shock you.[/s]

16 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Express Confidence In Jega, INEC; Okay Card Readers For Election by Collynzo419: 8:35pm On Feb 19, 2015
PDP is going down!!

Sai Buhari

36 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Express Confidence In Jega, INEC; Okay Card Readers For Election by clevvermind(m): 8:35pm On Feb 19, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
[s]
this is stale naaa grin it is not funny any longer.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Express Confidence In Jega, INEC; Okay Card Readers For Election by dandoki: 8:36pm On Feb 19, 2015
They probably have just put the final nail on the coffin of any possibie elections holding! The ogas at the top is not only afraid of the elections he is scared to the marrows if it is going to be free and fair!! Their final posturing to allow the elections go ahead is if the card reader is not going to be used. Now that Jega has stood his ground on this and the senate has backed him up there is no more choice for the ogas than to jettison the whole thing. And the schematics towards this is what we are going to be seeing in the next five weeks! Talk of an impossible country, talk of Nigeria!!!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Express Confidence In Jega, INEC; Okay Card Readers For Election by ionsman: 8:37pm On Feb 19, 2015
Buhari don win be that........

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Senate Express Confidence In Jega, INEC; Okay Card Readers For Election by NgeneUkwehu(f): 8:37pm On Feb 19, 2015
GEJtill2019.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Express Confidence In Jega, INEC; Okay Card Readers For Election by VIPERVENOM(m): 8:37pm On Feb 19, 2015
Bad market for Pdp. Wat will be their plan B?

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Express Confidence In Jega, INEC; Okay Card Readers For Election by NgeneUkwehu(f): 8:38pm On Feb 19, 2015
ThankGod for this, we will be celebrating GEJ's victory henceforth.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Express Confidence In Jega, INEC; Okay Card Readers For Election by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:41pm On Feb 19, 2015
NgeneUkwehu:
GEJtill2019.

lalasticlala, Seun and Obinoscopy ban this bloodykiller for 100yrs for cloning my handle!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Express Confidence In Jega, INEC; Okay Card Readers For Election by NgeneUkwehu(f): 8:46pm On Feb 19, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

lalasticlala, Seun and Obinoscopy ban this bloodykiller for 100yrs for cloning my handle!
They can never ban me, I have never broken any rule, my moniker and yours is different, check it and pronounce it. The monikers are different, stop being paranoid already.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Express Confidence In Jega, INEC; Okay Card Readers For Election by NgeneUkwehu(f): 8:52pm On Feb 19, 2015
Mods, our monikers are different please check carefully, I never claim to be anybody. I have not done anything to earn a ban.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Express Confidence In Jega, INEC; Okay Card Readers For Election by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 19, 2015
This one no favour PDP at all!

#March4Buhari

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Express Confidence In Jega, INEC; Okay Card Readers For Election by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:53pm On Feb 19, 2015
NgeneUkwehu:
They can never ban me, I have never broken any rule, my moniker and yours is different, check it and pronounce it. The monikers are different, stop being paranoid already.

Seun Obinoscopy and lalasticlala, can you ban this useless guy for life?

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Express Confidence In Jega, INEC; Okay Card Readers For Election by san316(m): 8:58pm On Feb 19, 2015
That is better. we no dey for PDP mago mago.

card reader must be used.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Express Confidence In Jega, INEC; Okay Card Readers For Election by NgeneUkwehu(f): 8:59pm On Feb 19, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Seun Obinoscopy and lalasticlala, can you ban this useless guy for life?
miss ngeneukwenu, leave me alone.

I am not you and you are not me, our monikers have different spellings.

Mods shouldnt interfere with my fundamental right here, two people can bear similar names.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senate Express Confidence In Jega, INEC; Okay Card Readers For Election by SaiBuharii: 9:28pm On Feb 19, 2015
K
Re: Nigerian Senate Express Confidence In Jega, INEC; Okay Card Readers For Election by idrisa334: 9:28pm On Feb 19, 2015
This is good that means those that are attacking Inec offices to steal PVCs it will be useless to them

Gunmen Storm INEC office
Source: [url=/C4cAbd]http://www.e reporter.com.ng/index.php/national-news/item/3357-gunmen-storm-inec-office[/url]
Re: Nigerian Senate Express Confidence In Jega, INEC; Okay Card Readers For Election by Sijo01(f): 9:29pm On Feb 19, 2015
Those in favor of the card readers machine say 'hi'..... Those against it say 'nil'

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Birthday Tribute To Former President Goodluck Jonathan! / I Just Went For Medical Check-up, I Am Alright – Buhari / Zulum: Change Your Tactics, Attack Boko Haram In Hideouts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.