Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) (67595 Views)

30 People Die In Kogi Road Accident Today / Fatal Accident Today Along Creek Road,Apapa(Graphic Photos) / Fatal Accident Today At Third Mainland Bridge,Lagos,Many Feared Dead(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by Bluffly: 9:40pm On Feb 22, 2015
CityNG:

You are part of Nigerias problem if you can't see that the government of reasonable countries do indeed enforce laws like that.

Attempting suicide will at least ge you admitted into a psych ward and charged with attempted suicide.

While would your brain even be functioning when at the first cry of "ole" you're already picking up materials to burn someone.

Unwashed barbaric slowpoke.

PS: And by the way the reason that the government is involved is making sure that all tractor trailer shave safety bars in the back. Something this simple has been law in the US since the 60's. I know it will take 100 years before they figure that out in Nigeria.

Cool down. What I am saying here is all about common sense. Before those countries enact such laws their citizens themselves have thought of first-hand safety by putting common sense to use. The laws are to check mad individuals. Law or no law common sense is required. Personal safety is vital. And mind you, the problem we have in Nigeria is not about enacting laws but rather bringing them to play. I can tell you that if 50% of the traffic laws we have in Nigeria comes to play, our road will be a lot safer. So where they are not been obeyed nor enforced, common sense should fill up. If you by chance get to read the laws we have in Nigeria, you will say if only half of it can come to play. It does not only take the government to enforce laws but also of the citizens.
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by Nobody: 10:24pm On Feb 22, 2015
Bluffly:

Cool down. What I am saying here is all about common sense. Before those countries enact such laws their citizens themselves have thought of first-hand safety by putting common sense to use. The laws are to check mad individuals. Law or no law common sense is required. Personal safety is vital. And mind you, the problem we have in Nigeria is not about enacting laws but rather bringing them to play. I can tell you that if 50% of the traffic laws we have in Nigeria comes to play, our road will be a lot safer. So where they are not been obeyed nor enforced, common sense should fill up. If you by chance get to read the laws we have in Nigeria, you will say if only half of it can come to play. It does not only take the government to enforce laws but also of the citizens.

You continue to show your ignorance.

Governments create laws and most importantly enforce them.

Get off of Nairaland and go and buff up on the theory of cause and effect and then come back with reasonable dialogue.

Telling me to calm down shows your ineptness in debating.
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by Nobody: 10:27pm On Feb 22, 2015
Bluffly:

My guy, if I am in europe or where sane people are, I know that I am in it. But curently I drive in an environment where people can be so selfish on the road, in an environment were nearly all the drivers behave like a mad person. So it is not bad if I check your sanity before overtaking you. And mind you that doesn't mean I hoot my horn every now and then.

I drove in Nigeria for 3 weeks last year and hardly used my horn at all. Admittedly much to the chagrin of my passengers who wished that I used the horn more. Totally uneccesary.

Some Nigerians are so stupid with this mentality that even when they get home they lay on the horn for the megad to open the gate thereby disturbing the peace of the whole neighborhood.
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by Nobody: 6:31am On Feb 23, 2015
CityNG:

I drove in Nigeria for 3 weeks last year and hardly used my horn at all. Admittedly much to the chagrin of my passengers who wished that I used the horn more. Totally uneccesary.

Some Nigerians are so stupid with this mentality that even when they get home they lay on the horn for the megad to open the gate thereby disturbing the peace of the whole neighborhood.

In virtually all towns and cities in Nigeria the use of horn has been bastardized. Some months ago Lagos state carried out a horn free day, most folk cried fowl. Naija folks can be their worst enemies. You'll see a 'learned' driver hooting at traffic stop light, he's 1km from his gate and he's hooting as if he's being robbed and trying to raise an alarm, someone is crossing a street, and same 'learned' dude is 200m away, yet he's honking furiously at the pedestrian, he's on road and due to inept government and sham project there was no provision for walkway in the city, so pedestrians have to walk on the street close to gutters, yet this same learned fellow will be fighting with his horn and still drive his vehicle so close to the pedestrians and graze or even hit him as if to say, go take a walk inside the gutter' whereas the road would take two cars conveniently.

Back to issues of trucks bearing no crash bars, even those with crash bars fabricated locally, I doubt the effectiveness and safety rating of the fabricated ones. they're either installed higher than most sedans hood and bolted at the end in a manner that they (the crash) bars would swing and give way when its crashed into or the steel used in construction isn't tough enough to even repel a bicycle crash at 20km/h.

I lost a colleague some years ago in Yola precisely Jimeta's Hayangada bridge when his bike was run over by a truck's rear tyres. He was crushed to death. Had that truck any crash bars, the bars would repel the young man from being lodged in the middle of the rear tyres hence saving his life at worst broken bones and injuries but not death.

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by abatically(m): 7:29am On Feb 23, 2015
Bluffly:

My guy, if I am in europe or where sane people are, I know that I am in it. But curently I drive in an environment where people can be so selfish on the road, in an environment were nearly all the drivers behave like a mad person. So it is not bad if I check your sanity before overtaking you. And mind you that doesn't mean I hoot my horn every now and then.

I was actually expecting this kind of answer. So when u go to another man's country u keep their law and do the right thing, but when in ur own country u do the wrong thing. U ARE ONE OF THE PROBLEMS OF THIS COUNTRY. Tomorrow u will blame GEJ if an accident happens, or blame the bad roads. Then u will compare Nigeria with USA or UK, trying to use USA as a standard. How can we ever be like them when our citizens know the right thin but will keep doing the wrong thing? A sane person will never blow his horn every time he overtakes in those countries and it is one of the reasons their highways are safer than here.

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by Bluffly: 8:19am On Feb 23, 2015
CityNG:

You continue to show your ignorance.

Governments create laws and most importantly enforce them.

Get off of Nairaland and go and buff up on the theory of cause and effect and then come back with reasonable dialogue.

Telling me to calm down shows your ineptness in debating.

Mr Debater, I can see that you are a fresh scholar hence mentioning debating. I wonder who the hell is debating with you. If you have an opinion, air it and dissipate from the forum. Telling me about the theory of cause and effect. I wonder who is more inept between you and I when you can't even differentiate between a debate, dialogue and discussion.
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by Bluffly: 8:29am On Feb 23, 2015
CityNG:

Obviously you are not resident in Nigeria and I'm pretty sure that your 3 weeks driving wasn't a regular one. It's also likely that you drove to a particular destination throughout the 3 weeks. If you drive in Nigeria for 1 year I bet you that you won't even realise when you will start hooting your horn because I am sure you won't want to have a corpse on your neck or maybe become a corpse to. Leave the aspect of gate man and face the driving on the road we are talking about because I don't even horn when entering my house. 3 weeks is not enough for you, come and drive for a year and more and you will understand. I used to be against the use of a horn when driving but when my car became bashed severally because I felt the other driver was also thinking clearly and another series of happenings I changed unconsciously but yet I use it with decorum and not as a toy as you thought.
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by Nobody: 8:35am On Feb 23, 2015
Bluffly:

Mr Debater, I can see that you are a fresh scholar hence mentioning debating. I wonder who the hell is debating with you. If you have an opinion, air it and dissipate from the forum. Telling me about the theory of cause and effect. I wonder who is more inept between you and I when you can't even differentiate between a debate, dialogue and discussion.

The man you're calling a scholar finished school before I started secondary school most probably. So know what you're saying.
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by Nikyluv(f): 8:39am On Feb 23, 2015
may there souls rest in peace... saw them while cumin back from work that day ooo
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by abatically(m): 8:54am On Feb 23, 2015
Bluffly:

Obviously you are not resident in Nigeria and I'm pretty sure that your 3 weeks driving wasn't a regular one. It's also likely that you drove to a particular destination throughout the 3 weeks. If you drive in Nigeria for 1 year I bet you that you won't even realise when you will start hooting your horn because I am sure you won't want to have a corpse on your neck or maybe become a corpse to. Leave the aspect of gate man and face the driving on the road we are talking about because I don't even horn when entering my house. 3 weeks is not enough for you, come and drive for a year and more and you will understand. I used to be against the use of a horn when driving but when my car became bashed severally because I felt the other driver was also thinking clearly and another series of happenings I changed unconsciously but yet I use it with decorum and not as a toy as you thought.

I been driving for 3 years in Nigeria now and I don't honk unnecessarily. Believe me u can do it if u really want to. Within the city I rarely use my horn unless when necessary, on the highway, I can travel from Lagos to Benin and back without using my horn even once. But then for u, someone that blows his horn whenever he overtakes on the highway, I can imagine how much u honk while driving in the city then, choi, that horn go don suffer. An educated fellow like u should be creating awareness for the less learned, not doing what they do just because u think the country is failed.

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by Bluffly: 9:01am On Feb 23, 2015
abatically:

I was actually expecting this kind of answer. So when u go to another man's country u keep their law and do the right thing, but when in ur own country u do the wrong thing. U ARE ONE OF THE PROBLEMS OF THIS COUNTRY. Tomorrow u will blame GEJ if an accident happens, or blame the bad roads. Then u will compare Nigeria with USA or UK, trying to use USA as a standard. How can we ever be like them when our citizens know the right thin but will keep doing the wrong thing? A sane person will never blow his horn every time he overtakes in those countries and it is one of the reasons their highways are safer than here.

Look here man, when your government convoys drive recklessly on the road, intimidating everyone, what can one citizen like me do. Their highways are safe not because they do not use horn but because they think safe, their governments do not intimidate and more so they have effective speed limit control likewise a patrol at every reasonable kilometer or mile as the case maybe. CCTVs or hidden camera monitoring with bills knocking at your door if you are found wanting. So what do you expect. See I drive regularly on highways, 5 hours, 4 hours and not just city driving. We are talking of a country where many do not even know the meaning of road signs. We are talking of a country when the other driver does not even care about you. I try not to use my horn if you care to know that, but when you always find yourself in precarious positions, tell me what you will be doing to save the day. We are all in it. Can you lead a revolution to make things right, if not you are also a problem. Imagine a road that is so wide and government fails to demarcate it even with paints and where both sides are meant to keep two lanes to each you find the other keeping almost the four lanes. Tell me won't you safeguard yourself. The so-called US you have mentioned, are our roads like theirs. My brother make we leave talk face our work.
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by Bluffly: 9:08am On Feb 23, 2015
lomomike:

The man you're calling a scholar finished school before I started secondary school most probably. So know what you're saying.

So you know me? I wonder how some people reason on a forum that is blindfolded. What is my business if he finished school before you started your secondary school? Does that have anything to do with wisdom? In fact how am I suppose to know that, do I look like a spirit or what is the essence of you telling me. Please let's face our work. I have had enough for the day. Bye and regards to your family.

2 Likes

Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by Bluffly: 9:10am On Feb 23, 2015
abatically:

I been driving for 3 years in Nigeria now and I don't honk unnecessarily. Believe me u can do it if u really want to. Within the city I rarely use my horn unless when necessary, on the highway, I can travel from Lagos to Benin and back without using my horn even once. But then for u, someone that blows his horn whenever he overtakes on the highway, I can imagine how much u honk while driving in the city then, choi, that horn go don suffer. An educated fellow like u should be creating awareness for the less learned, not doing what they do just because u think the country is failed.

Bye and regards to your family. Have a lovely week. Drive safely.
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by abatically(m): 9:23am On Feb 23, 2015
Bluffly:

Bye and regards to your family. Have a lovely week. Drive safely.

U too bro, have a nice day. And always remember, that horn is not a TOY.
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by Nobody: 10:14am On Feb 23, 2015
Bluffly:

I offer no apologies that I'm a disciplined and professional driver who motors about like a gentleman of culture. My travels around the south was to different cities.

I do not know you Sir, and frankly do not desire as such. Therefore you accusation that I thought you use the horn as a toy is uninformed.

I shall be motoring about again in less than 72 hours, In Sha Allah.

Oh by the way you're more likely to have a corpse around your neck or become one too with your complete lack of road etiquette.
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by Nobody: 10:20am On Feb 23, 2015
Bluffly:

So does this mean that you didn't take my advice and educate yourself on the theory of cause and effect?

A damn shame but I bet you know what underwear Tiwa Sewage wore yesterday. SMH.
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by Nobody: 10:24am On Feb 23, 2015
abatically:

Excellent write up.

The average Nigerian is seemingly worse that the government.

A lot of people forget that charity begins at home and that we all have a part to play.
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by Nobody: 10:59am On Feb 23, 2015
Bluffly:

So you know me? I wonder how some people reason on a forum that is blindfolded. What is my business if he finished school before you started your secondary school? Does that have anything to do with wisdom? In fact how am I suppose to know that, do I look like a spirit or what is the essence of you telling me. Please let's face our work. I have had enough for the day. Bye and regards to your family.

So that lil statement got to you? I never knew such little statement would do so much damage.
But alas! Its a blind forum.
Thanks for the regards to my family, I'll surely pass the message across grin
Bye and sincere regards to your family. smiley
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by Bluffly: 11:06am On Feb 23, 2015
CityNG:

I offer no apologies that I'm a disciplined and professional driver who motors about like a gentleman of culture. My travels around the south was to different cities.

I do not know you Sir, and frankly do not desire as such. Therefore you accusation that I thought you use the horn as a toy is uninformed.

I shall be motoring about again in less than 72 hours, In Sha Allah.

Oh by the way you're more likely to have a corpse around your neck or become one too with your complete lack of road etiquette.

My friend bye bye.
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by Bluffly: 11:21am On Feb 23, 2015
CityNG:

So does this mean that you didn't take my advice and educate yourself on the theory of cause and effect?

A damn shame but I bet you know what underwear Tiwa Sewage wore yesterday. SMH.

Look at this one. Who is Tiwa savage? and what is my business with her.You better do not get it twisted as if I am one of those silly Individuals that gallivant around. How the heck do you know that I do not know what the theory of cause and effect is? My friend talk without insult and irrelevancies. Tell me how you can have a firm belief that when those past causes have disappeared, things will definitely get better in the current state of Nigeria where causes occur every day without a space to affirm your belief. Please do not refer me to that philosophy of light-oriented thinking. It works, but it depends on what we have at hand. Bye and have a nice day.
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by MistadeRegal(m): 2:01pm On Feb 23, 2015
CityNG:

Of course you'll rather I take sedative because my posting made you uncomfortable due to your ineptness.

Stop trying to cover up your lack of education by going off on a nonsensical ramble.

I don't understand any point you tried to make but I am sure that other legions of fellows turds will get it.

Uncomfortable! LOL!! And indeed, you won't and may never understand my post because it's all written in the Electronic Dialect and only FIEs can understand it. Now tell me, who has no education?
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by Nobody: 2:07pm On Feb 23, 2015
MistadeRegal:

Uncomfortable! LOL!! And indeed, you won't and may never understand my post because it's all written in the Electronic Dialect and only FIEs can understand it. Now tell me, who has no education?

Yes uncomfortable, and even more so that you have to hide behind acronyms in a debate.

You really are an uncoordinated entity, hopefully you're not similar in real life smiley
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 23, 2015
Bluffly:

Look at this one. Who is Tiwa savage? and what is my business with her.You better do not get it twisted as if I am one of those silly Individuals that gallivant around. How the heck do you know that I do not know what the theory of cause and effect is? My friend talk without insult and irrelevancies. Tell me how you can have a firm belief that when those past causes have disappeared, things will definitely get better in the current state of Nigeria where causes occur every day without a space to affirm your belief. Please do not refer me to that philosophy of light-oriented thinking. It works, but it depends on what we have at hand. Bye and have a nice day.

A lot of non relevant words.

I don't need your wishes. I'll intend to have a superb day and I won't pester fellow motorists and pedestrians with an audial assault.

On the matter of Nigeria getting better, why shouldn't it? Countries with far less resources are exponentially better than Nigeria.
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by Nobody: 2:13pm On Feb 23, 2015
Bluffly:

My friend bye bye.

Sir, I am not, and can never be, your friend. Water, as they say, seeks it's own level.

Good day.
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by MistadeRegal(m): 2:25pm On Feb 23, 2015
CityNG:

Yes uncomfortable, and even more so that you have to hide behind acronyms in a debate.

You really are an uncoordinated entity, hopefully you're not similar in real life smiley
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by MistadeRegal(m): 2:26pm On Feb 23, 2015
CityNG:

As per your blind thoughts. You don't expect me display my identity to you. I don't have either to tell you about me. What have you need of that for? Keep imagining.
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by Nobody: 2:39pm On Feb 23, 2015
MistadeRegal:

As per your blind thoughts. You don't expect me display my identity to you. I don't have either to tell you about me. What have you need of that for? Keep imagining.

Oh please no one cares who you are.

Where have I asked you for your identity? Of what use is that to me? grin

Get real.
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by aAK1(m): 4:11pm On Feb 23, 2015
Is it just me, I noticed no airbags deployed. Humm. Rip
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by MistadeRegal(m): 5:26pm On Feb 23, 2015
CityNG:

Oh please no one cares who you are.

Where have I asked you for your identity? Of what use is that to me? grin

Get real.

Noone cares! That's your thought and in your world!! I am real at who I am and in my field. You are the one who needed to get real and get a life making impact to you and others around you. Got better things to do than wasting my time with you
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by Nobody: 5:30pm On Feb 23, 2015
MistadeRegal:

Noone cares! That's your thought and in your world!! I am real at who I am and in my field. You are the one who needed to get real and get a life making impact to you and others around you. Got better things to do than wasting my time with you

And you said all these based on mere assumptions.

It's true that I don't care about you and your profession and you have no impact on my life. Personally, seeing your online demeanor I pity those that you serve. You are an unscrupulous element.

Now tuck tail and scamper off like the yellow belly runt that you are.
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by MistadeRegal(m): 6:48pm On Feb 23, 2015
CityNG:

And you said all these based on mere assumptions.

It's true that I don't care about you and your profession and you have no impact on my life. Personally, seeing your online demeanor I pity those that you serve. You are an unscrupulous element.

Now tuck tail and scamper off like the yellow belly runt that you are.

Wooow! See how much you wallow in shame disdain! Imagining has always been your passion, so keep dreaming of things never to come. I pity those around you for being close to a crap like you! I'm not a server like you which had so far affected your sanity to think everyone out there are same as you.

So, you can gently or proudly go to hell....People like you aren't needed around.

And if it be that you need a job to keep you busy, let me know. I will employ you.
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 23, 2015
MistadeRegal:

1) Wooow! See how much you wallow in shame disdain! Imagining has always been your passion, so keep dreaming of things never to come. I pity those around you for being close to a crap like you! I'm not a server like you which had so far affected your sanity to think everyone out there are same as you.

2) So, you can gently or proudly go to hell....People like you aren't needed around.

3) And if it be that you need a job to keep you busy, let me know.

4) I will employ you.

1) Eya....odun e gan ni grin

2) I regretfully refuse your suggestions, hope you don't mind.

3) Touche, amoeba, touche.

4) In your dreams. But keep stroking yourself though cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fatal Accident Today At Third Mainland Bridge,Lagos,Many Feared Dead(Photos) / Strange Car Seen On Badagry, Lagos Road This Morning (photos) / 8 Nigerian Women That Own Rolls Royce (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.