Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,740 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

How To Write A Business Plan - Step By Step Guide - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Write A Business Plan - Step By Step Guide (5495 Views)

How To Make $300/week Writing For A Secret Website! Free Step By Step Guide / How To Write A Business Plan / How I Am Earning $30 Daily Using Paidverts(step By Step Guide) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Write A Business Plan - Step By Step Guide by bros12345: 10:29pm On Feb 19, 2015
Hey guys, welcome to the class. In this class, I will be your teacher. I will show you why you need to have a business plan, no matter what business you're into and how you can write it. This is what we are going to learn...

1. What is a business plan?

2. Who Needs a Business plan?

3. Benefits of a business plan

4. Types of business plan

5. What a good business plan must contain

6. Business plan template- Sample of a fast food business plan.

Of course there will be other topics and subtopics that come in along the way. We'll cover them here. Just stay tuned

So let's get going.

But before we start, you'll ask, who am I?

To answer that, I'll tell you that I'm a Nigerian, a nairalander, business man, who helps others start, nurture and grow their own businesses.

WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT

This is not going to be text book lecture. We'll discuss like street people, shop owners, hustlers.

Get that?

SCHEDULE

Listen, I have a very busy schedule. But I'll try and post a topic here at least every day-once a day. Is that clear?

SO WHAT IS A BUSINESS PLAN?

When people hear about a business plan, they expect a long formal document with several pages that is boring to read and understand.

Not at all.

As you will soon learn in our class, you can have a one page business plan.

A business plan is simply a description of your business future.

That should be simple enough for you to always remember.

Usually it will contain what you want to achieve and how you intend to achieve it.

Is that all, you ask?

Yes, bro. That's it.

Forget the other jargons for now. Just follow.

Talk to you morrow

2 Likes

Re: How To Write A Business Plan - Step By Step Guide by babasho1: 10:43pm On Feb 19, 2015
ok . I'm in
Re: How To Write A Business Plan - Step By Step Guide by bosteps: 11:02pm On Feb 19, 2015
See you tomorrow
Re: How To Write A Business Plan - Step By Step Guide by bros12345: 10:10pm On Feb 20, 2015
SO WHO NEEDS A BUSINESS PLAN?

I'll be quick on this one and go straight to the point. The simple answer is:

YOU.

Yes, you.

You are the one who needs a business plan.

I said this in one of our class and one of the students said, "but I'm just a blogger, I dont need a business plan. Does Linda Ikeji have a business plan? "

"Well," I replied, "I dont know if Linda have a business plan or not, but what I know is that we're not to imitate any thing that is not the best. Maybe she's just lucky to be making so much money if she doesnt have a plan, but I can guarantee you that without a plan, the future is not bright."

You see, the fact that you see yourself as just a blogger or just an internet marketer and do not need a business plan is the reason you may not be making money. Many of the people who sell ebooks and talk about how to make millions, dont really make money.

Anything that keeps you busy, from where you are earning some money or hope to earn some money should be treated as a business. It doesnt matter if that thing is blogging, internet marketing, football betting, small buka/fast food, network marketing, building construction,etc.

It doesnt matter if it's just part-time that you are doing that thing or not.

To really get the best out of any endeavor, you need to sit down and do some planning. That's what I'm trying to say. I remember that the Holy Book says before you embark on building a house, sit down and count the cost.

THE PROBLEM

Like I said in the introduction, people trivialize the place of business plans because they always think it has to be a very long boring text book style document.

But far from that.

You can have an informal or a formal business plan. Your business plan can just be a one page document. It doesnt have to be boring.

As we proceed, I'll show you how to draft a quick plan for your business. As you do that, you'll be able to define where you are going and identify steps you need to take. You will be able to measure progress and see clearly where to work hard on and succeed.

But have I been able to convince you that you need a business plan?

See you tomorrow
Re: How To Write A Business Plan - Step By Step Guide by bros12345: 9:38pm On Feb 23, 2015
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF HAVING A BUSINESS PLAN?

It seems that from my discourse above the benefits of having a business plan should have been obvious. But to maintain the flow of the class, let me give you what I consider the main 5 benefits of a business plan.

1. Business plan helps you define your objectives clearly. No more "fossy-hazzy" (I dont even know what that word means) I want to go into this or that or this is what I'm doing and so on. You'll have a clear path of what you're into and where you're going.

2. You'll be able to identify your costs, challenges, risks, competitions and market potentials and future prospects.

3. It will help you to prioritize and follow with whats important and force you to delegate tasks efficiently.

4. It will help you to minimize legal problems. By knowing what and what kinds of licenses and permits you need and how and when to a least apply, you'll reduce chances of litigation.

5. It will help you get proper advise and funding...yes.

NOTE

Business plan is not done just to get funding. Its more than that. You need a business plan to keep yourself on track, maintain momentum and make progress in your business.

Talk to you later

1 Like

Re: How To Write A Business Plan - Step By Step Guide by richesng(m): 10:25am On Feb 24, 2015
This is nice.
Re: How To Write A Business Plan - Step By Step Guide by Dazzled: 2:12pm On Feb 25, 2015
"if u fail to plan, u plan to fail". we all know dis but majority of entrepreneurs don't have biz plan.

Thanks op for this write up, am following closely....
Re: How To Write A Business Plan - Step By Step Guide by bros12345: 1:23am On Mar 14, 2015
Sorry guys, was carried away with business. Will continue this topic tomorrow,

Thanks
Re: How To Write A Business Plan - Step By Step Guide by garrix8: 4:45am On Mar 14, 2015
*following*
Re: How To Write A Business Plan - Step By Step Guide by utimatedes(m): 8:04pm On Mar 14, 2015
If you need a business plan visit www.utibeetim.com
Re: How To Write A Business Plan - Step By Step Guide by Maximus85(m): 8:41pm On Mar 14, 2015
I am so going to be disappointed if you don't continue. I've been studying how to make a business plan in a layman's way since 3years now and for once I sooo really know you are the solution. Pls continue.
Re: How To Write A Business Plan - Step By Step Guide by SunnyJ2: 8:47pm On Mar 14, 2015
DRIVER PACK THE CAR
Re: How To Write A Business Plan - Step By Step Guide by SunnyJ2: 8:48pm On Mar 14, 2015
DRIVER PACK THE CAR HERE
Re: How To Write A Business Plan - Step By Step Guide by bros1234(m): 9:55am On Mar 17, 2015
I was banned when I made an update using the other moniker about 3 days ago. I created a new account and that one said I cannot post on this section until after some weeks. I have just found this moniker.

So guys, welcome back. update will continue shortly.
Re: How To Write A Business Plan - Step By Step Guide by docchuks(m): 3:02pm On Jul 21, 2015
This publication is designed to lead you through writing your own business plan. While there may be some elements of the finished document that would benefit from professional input from an accountant, marketing expert, etc, you should be able to write the main elements of this plan yourself. I believe that it is important for the person who will have to carry out the plan to have ownership of all the ideas in it. One reason for this is that you must also be able to present it in person, which is more difficult if you have not been closely involved in preparing it.
www.businessplannigeria.com.ng/write-business-plan
Re: How To Write A Business Plan - Step By Step Guide by onlinedailys: 12:09am On Jul 22, 2015
Mr Sasaki served as Toshiba president between June 2009 and June 2013, covering most of the period during which the firm inflated the profits.
'Very regrettable' Toshiba's accounting scandal began when securities regulators uncovered problems as they probed the company's balance sheet earlier this year.

The findings mean Toshiba will have to restate its profits for the period between April 2008 and March 2014. It is unclear whether it will affect the company's results for the year ending March 2015.
Re: How To Write A Business Plan - Step By Step Guide by goodbay: 12:33am On Jul 22, 2015
What a nice write ups on how to writes biz proposal
Re: How To Write A Business Plan - Step By Step Guide by ultrazone(m): 12:59pm On May 21, 2016
Re: How To Write A Business Plan - Step By Step Guide by ultrazone(m): 12:59pm On May 21, 2016
xxfo
Re: How To Write A Business Plan - Step By Step Guide by doublegist(m): 10:57am On Sep 08, 2017
Having a business plan format to follow when crafting your own feasibility report is quite helpful.
Re: How To Write A Business Plan - Step By Step Guide by doublegist(m): 9:35pm On Sep 11, 2017
Re: How To Write A Business Plan - Step By Step Guide by Nobody: 11:43am On Jan 12, 2018
Get a detailed and well written business plan in Nigeria for that business you intend to start now
Re: How To Write A Business Plan - Step By Step Guide by gistcity(m): 9:39am On Mar 22, 2018
Get the complete guide on how to write a business plan in Nigeria https://www.businessplaninnigeria.com.ng/
Re: How To Write A Business Plan - Step By Step Guide by ultrazone(m): 11:31pm On Oct 12, 2018
Outlinex
Re: How To Write A Business Plan - Step By Step Guide by Homeyfav: 10:05pm On Mar 22, 2019
cb l.kldk
Re: How To Write A Business Plan - Step By Step Guide by uwadiahercules: 7:20am On Jul 04, 2019
Re: How To Write A Business Plan - Step By Step Guide by okitejoseph: 4:30pm On Aug 09, 2019
How do I get a business plan manual? here is how you can active that.....
Re: How To Write A Business Plan - Step By Step Guide by Homeyfav: 8:44am On Aug 19, 2019
[]p;'.,lo
Re: How To Write A Business Plan - Step By Step Guide by Nigeriahomebiz(m): 9:24pm On Oct 08, 2019
You will find a proper guide on how to write a business plan in nigeria in the link provided.
Re: How To Write A Business Plan - Step By Step Guide by eyems: 9:59pm On Feb 29, 2020
Learn how to write a business plan

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mobile Banking Grows As Phone Users Hit 29 Million / Which Business Can I Start With #300K / Blockchain Is Giving Away $25 Per User. How I've Collected The $25 137 Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.