Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,237 members, 7,836,138 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

**news Flash*** James Patterson -cross Country - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / **news Flash*** James Patterson -cross Country (1340 Views)

James Patterson Tops Forbes' Highest Paid Authors List / Have You Got An Opinion on James Patterson / James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

**news Flash*** James Patterson -cross Country by Profehsaw: 12:57pm On Jan 07, 2009
My people I just finished reading cross country by james patterson o. This guy is a multimillionaire, in fact his listed in fortunes riches men. I must say the book sha was very good and very bad, very good in the way he could describe the lagos Metropolis and brought some good memories, very bad in that the plot was atrocious. There was no logic, each chapter was random and i was suprised by this coming from a reputable author who created the alex cross series. Basically cross country is about alex cross, an african american who is called to an investigation and discovers his close lady friend and her family has been brutally murdered. He goes to Naija to find her killers.

Let me put some quotes from the book i found entertaining

"Visually Oshodi Market was a lot like the rest of Lagos- crammed end to end with busy, hurrying people either buying something or selling something and possibly doing both, There were grilled meats and peanutty things and sweet spicy stews over open fires, all of it reminding me how hungry i was. Accents and languages came and went like radio stations, or maybe jazz. Yoruban was the most common; i was starting to pick that one out from among many others."

Notice he spelt yoruba as yoruban lol, i had to laugh. he should have let me read the draft for him and paid me half a million dollars. Anyway sha, its not like the oyinbos will pick it up.

"you know they call lagos the go-slow city, my driver told me with a friendly smile. All the many abandoned cars on the road, he said, came from people running out of gas in perpetual jams, or go slows, as they called them, as we got closer, though, it started to look more like something out of an Escher painting, with one impossbile cluster of buildings tucked in and around the next, and the next and the next. The density here- the crowds, the traffic, the infrasturture- was startling to me, and i had been to new york many times and even mexico city"

The man get way with words sha, haven't seen Eko described like this. I would recommend this book just for the way he describes lagos. Its not all based in naija though, starts out in the states for a few chapters then moves on to naija for a little bit then to sierra leone.

i'll give it 4 out of 10 and that's just because of adding naija!

Re: **news Flash*** James Patterson -cross Country by deleson: 10:34am On Jan 14, 2009
Please,can i get the book from you?
Re: **news Flash*** James Patterson -cross Country by Profehsaw: 12:15pm On Jan 14, 2009
6000naira and it's urs grin

(1) (Reply)

Online Library For NL Readers / We Kiss Goodbye On A Silent Morning / Fresh meat (Comedy)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.