Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,048 members, 7,863,726 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 02:22 AM

Develop A Christ Centred Confidence - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Develop A Christ Centred Confidence (502 Views)

As A Christ- Like Man What Would You Do? / As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? / Is It Biblical To Say "Develop A Personal Relationship With God"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Develop A Christ Centred Confidence by yommyuk: 1:17pm On Feb 20, 2015
Confidently trusting the Lord brings many blessings. These include spiritual growth, personal achievement, peace, and influence.

When our reliance on God is steady, we will respond to difficulties by seeking Him for guidance and strength. In turn, we will experience the Holy Spirit’s presence, provision, power—and, as a result, spiritual growth. We’ll be capable of accomplishments far greater than imaginable when our assurance comes from the Lord. Perhaps we’ll demonstrate a depth of endurance while everyone else is in an uproar; we might receive a leadership position beyond our perceived abilities; or we might find pleasure and success in doing an unfamiliar task.

If we mix trust in God with reliance on self, our calm demeanour will waver. But when our security rests in Him and we show conviction about His promises, peace follows. Then others will notice that God has inspired our confidence. As they watch us achieve in unexpected ways, grow spiritually, or exhibit inner peace, they’ll want what we have, and we can influence them for Christ.

We build confidence in God by meditating on His Word, knowing who He is, and drawing near to Him through prayer. But we can lose our confidence by focusing on circumstances rather than Jesus, by allowing unconfessed sin in our life, and by heeding worldly advice.

What do your actions reveal about you—Christ-centered confidence or self-reliance? What steps will you take to deepen your belief in Him? The Lord is always worthy of our trust (John 14:1).

Philippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

1 Peter 5:7
Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

Isaiah 41:10
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink

3 Likes

Re: Develop A Christ Centred Confidence by Nobody: 1:46pm On Feb 20, 2015
God bless you so much for this Op, you just strengthens my soul.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

. / Beware !! Strangers With Revelation. / Mothers Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.