Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,931 members, 7,810,593 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:42 AM

A Knight In Hell - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Knight In Hell (1673 Views)

A Client From Hell / 21 Horrifying Short Stories To Scare The Hell Out of You / The Wonders Of Hell: A Short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Knight In Hell by Sprintson(m): 2:31pm On Feb 20, 2015
Halima looked beyond her shoulders to see if any one was following her while increasing her steps towards a seat.
The heavy bag reminded her of the hard currency she was carrying

"i hope chukwuma appears soon"..<she said to herself as her mind wondered to the harsh life she saw back home that escalated in to something disastrous,and sighed>

Halle Berry" only one person called her that"
without looking she knew it must be chuks.

O boy whats your problem? You wan kill me for this cold ? <She asked jokingly>

i have been watching you ever since you entered this hall,you should be happy we are not in lagos where traffic can ground one,This is London we no dey slow" chuks said

i have been coming here since childhood,traffic is everywhere so beat it" she said.
Chuks helped with the lugagge and in no time they were heading towards kessington..
Halima leaned back n closed her eyes wishing she never saw nor heard anything back home in michika in adamawa state northern nigeria
Re: A Knight In Hell by Cybershow(m): 2:48pm On Feb 20, 2015
A nyc story cont.. sprintson i nid ur vote pls vote 4 me thru d 2nd link on my signature post.. pls vote 4 me cux am nominated as d best newcomer pls vote 4 me..my pple here 2 pls vote 4 me
Re: A Knight In Hell by ritababe(f): 3:03pm On Feb 20, 2015
Continue
Re: A Knight In Hell by Cybershow(m): 3:12pm On Feb 20, 2015
Ritababe nid ur help badly
Re: A Knight In Hell by Sprintson(m): 3:39pm On Feb 20, 2015
"Here we are" chuks said as he shook her awake.
Oh! Am so tired" halima said sleepy eyed and carried her bag out,very important she tought.
Don't worry our maids will help you " chuks said as she wanted to carry another bag.

She still remembered the castle vividly as her fingertips more than her sisters and brother . why not , the Okafors have been good friends with the Danladis as far she could remember...

Halima knew the castle well because she was the one who exceled in her academics which earned her vacations in England with the Okafors those days,that was if Hajia Aminat her mum was too busy to take her to their own mansion in knightsbridge which was always often. that was how she became part of the Okafors despite being from Adamawa in Northern Nigeria and they from Imo Eastern Nigeria.

Nothing has changed except the giant plasma on the wall and the persian rug that sank one as one moves reminding you of quick sand as you run on the beach.

My daughter" chief said as he and his wife descended the spiral stairs.

Ewo! Halima my daughter" chief Mrs Nneka grabbed and hugged halima tight that she found it difficult to breathe while chief Okafor sat down.

Halima how are you?chief Okafor asked
sir,am okay o" Halima answered.

Hope your flight was okay? " he further asked.

Chere nnayi, how are the others zainab,mariam and sadiq? Mrs Nneka inquired.

I don't know what has befallen our country o" Nneka continued.

We read about the crisis in newpapers and my friends back home tell me more" Chief said.

Ngwa,Halima let me show you your room so you can shower and relax before Amaka and Emeka returns.

Thank you mummy" Halima said and followed Mrs Nneka.

Halima is that the thing? Chief asked

yes sir"

i will talk to you later"
Halima chatted with Mrs Nneka and Chuks for another thirty minutes before she was left alone.she ran a warm bathe over her body and the effect refreshed her deeply from her six hour flight.
Re: A Knight In Hell by Sprintson(m): 3:47pm On Feb 20, 2015
Thx guys n @cyber i wil do dat
Re: A Knight In Hell by Sprintson(m): 5:09pm On Feb 20, 2015
CHAPTER 2
Alhaji Danladi looked at his watch and it was exactly 2.pm in the afternoon.
Adamu was driving at top speed now and if alhaji was not scared before by now it was clearly showing as the sound of heavy shelling rented the air.
The Prado Suv plunged further south as many people were seen running in that same direction. A millitary convoy of about twelve amoured personnel carriers and more than fifteen trucks filled with stern millitary men drove past the jeep in the opposite direction towards the direction of the shelling.
Alhaji was happy Halima took the bag out of the country but the problem was how to move his documents at the back of the boot and in several other places to a safe place.
He had phoned Halima on arrival in the Uk to know how everything went,happy that all was well atleast he had not done bad for alhaji Zubeiru who gave him that bag to give Chief Okafor citing diplomatic documents.

Alhaji Danladi was not to be bothered about international diplomacy as he was just a business man dealing in cattle herding and kolanut in the northern part of nigeria transporting them to major cities of nigeria and other businesses in lagos and kano states.
The painful thing was that alhaji Zubeiru died in the hands of the dreaded group three days after the bag was handed over to him {Danladi}.

That afternoon was quiet as Alhaji Danladi busied himself with documents and meetings before being halted by a phone call with a unique number.....

Alhaji Asalaam alekun" Danladi voice in to the mouth piece.

Alekun salaam" came the heavy hausa tone.

Ah! Alhaji Zubeiru you don't even remember us again"

Alhaji Danladi i didnt see you at the business submit in abuja they said you went to London and by the time i called your London residence i was told that you were on your way to Switzerland.

Ah! Didnt they know who called? Alhaji Danladi asked visibly angry.

No i made it anonymous,don't worry i didnt want to dial your line as well.so can i see you this afternoon?

Em' ok is 2:30 pm ok? Danladi asked

uku"replied alhaji zubeiru in his similar humurous way of speaking his dialect any where.

okay alhaji zubeiru" alhaji Danladi said and hung up.

Ever since Alhaji zubeiru got the government post he had been one busy bird always this meeting or that meeting.

Thìs one he really wants to see me it had better be good" alhaji danladi said to himself.

3.40 pm alhaji danladi was pacing round the office in his white agbada with alhaji zubeiru watching him.

Please help me and our country please" Alhaji zubeiru pleaded.

You know how much i have always hated governnent interference with my business.

Its just to hand it over to Chief Okafor in London thats all please i can trust you thats why i came to you.

Well as far as its in the interest of our country i will do it,Insha Allah" alhaji danladi said.

Thank you very much brother i know i can count on you"

don't mention alhaji zubeiru.

Three days alhaji zubeiru was killed by the dreaded Boko Haram group on a visit..
That act was what made alhaji Danladi insist on Halima traveling with the documents.

He looked at himself and wondered why this was happening at this time of his life when he was enjoying his business career quietly.Adamu swerved to avoid going over a mutilated body on the road and shouted 'KAI ' alhaji danladi just sighed.
Re: A Knight In Hell by ritababe(f): 5:11pm On Feb 20, 2015
Cybershow:
Ritababe nid ur help badly

help on what
Re: A Knight In Hell by Cybershow(m): 6:01pm On Feb 20, 2015
ritababe:

help on what
d help z dat pls vote for me as d best newcomer cux am part of d nominated ones pls and pls vote for me.... i wil b glad if u du u can du dat via d 2nd link on my signature post
Re: A Knight In Hell by ritababe(f): 7:34pm On Feb 20, 2015
Cybershow:
d help z dat pls vote for me as d best newcomer cux am part of d nominated ones pls and pls vote for me.... i wil b glad if u du u can du dat via d 2nd link on my signature post

done
Re: A Knight In Hell by Cybershow(m): 7:42pm On Feb 20, 2015
ritababe:

done
Oh m grateful tenx
Re: A Knight In Hell by Cybershow(m): 7:52pm On Feb 20, 2015
Sprintson:
Thx guys n @cyber i wil do dat
Alrit boss tenx
Re: A Knight In Hell by Sprintson(m): 4:56am On Feb 21, 2015
Cybershow done
Re: A Knight In Hell by Cybershow(m): 6:25am On Feb 21, 2015
Sprintson:
Cybershow done
Tenx sir am glad
Re: A Knight In Hell by Emmyk(m): 10:33am On Feb 21, 2015
I don show. smiley
Re: A Knight In Hell by Cybershow(m): 3:29am On Feb 22, 2015
Emmyk:
I don show. smiley
Emmyk i nid ur suport by your vote 4 me as d best newcomer pls vote 4 me..
Re: A Knight In Hell by Emmyk(m): 7:34am On Feb 22, 2015
Cybershow:
Emmyk i nid ur suport by your vote 4 me as d best newcomer pls vote 4 me..
Newcomer of what?
Re: A Knight In Hell by Cybershow(m): 11:08am On Feb 22, 2015
Emmyk:
Newcomer of what?
U kw a vote z on abt d best newcomer writer.. pls vote 4 me..u can c d 2nd link on my signature post to perform d action..PLS VOTE 4 ME
Re: A Knight In Hell by Emmyk(m): 9:52pm On Feb 22, 2015
Cybershow:
U kw a vote z on abt d best newcomer writer.. pls vote 4 me..u can c d 2nd link on my signature post to perform d action..PLS VOTE 4 ME
Done
Re: A Knight In Hell by Cybershow(m): 7:48am On Feb 23, 2015
Emmyk:
Done
Alrit tenx
Re: A Knight In Hell by Sprintson(m): 11:30pm On Feb 23, 2015
CHAPTER 3
Osaze looked at the paper again and sighed.

He had decided that he needed to be home but he had not hoped to announce himself this way, sighing again he looked towards the window only to recognise he was at Anthony bus stop lagos.
"i go come down o"
he announced to the driver who cursed under his breathe and negotiated a space to park in the crowded park.

"U get load? the driver asked.

No"Osaze replied

His mind raced to his days at the Federal Polytechnic , Auchi where he had a distinction in Science Laboratory Technology in campus one as the campus had other campuses under the excellent leadership of Dr.Mrs Phillipa Idogho the school rector.
Those days Osaze stayed off campus in a private hostel at Sabo where majority of the students stayed as it was the happening place though some other students stayed at first,second and third Bawak ,igbe road , mushin e.t.c
Idogho! Hardworking woman, the school had significantly improved" Osaze thought to himself and immediately he remembered his woes and wondered why he had to be the only one passing through the mess.

Juelegba,Stadium ,Barracks !!!

Orile,Orile !!

Costain, C.m.s!!

Ojuelegba , Ojuelegba !!

Shouts of various bus stops rented the air from many conductors as they balanced themselves expertly in moving buses making signals to anyone who cared.

Osaze remembered the old Lagos and the new Lagos, the difference was clear that the incumbent and outgoing governor Raji Fashola had done well for Lagosians and Nigerians at large.

" Wait ojuelegba " he called out to a conductor.

Do quick oga ! The conductor warned.

Osaze settled himself inside the bus and shut his eyes; soon i will be home"
he thought and bit his lower lip.
Re: A Knight In Hell by Sprintson(m): 7:32am On Apr 10, 2015
More updates soon
Re: A Knight In Hell by Sprintson(m): 2:15pm On Jun 20, 2015
Soon to deliver updates
Re: A Knight In Hell by Sprintson(m): 1:30pm On Jun 23, 2015
Havn issues wt the internet pls do v patient
Re: A Knight In Hell by Sprintson(m): 4:01pm On Jul 16, 2015
Patience pls
Re: A Knight In Hell by Sprintson(m): 9:03pm On Jul 20, 2015
I have been very busy lately pls thx for the calls
Re: A Knight In Hell by Sprintson(m): 2:18pm On Sep 16, 2015
Who know how much it takes to publish as ebook and paperback?

(1) (Reply)

Where the leopard passes / Paradigm Shift - A New Series / Secondary School Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.